Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Swapping out between a Kimech v2 with a Advken Gorge topper housing a kanthal coil tapping 0.30 Ω. The other setup is a Signature Tips SQ mod with a transparent topped Oumier Wasp Nano RDA with nearly the exact same coil in it. Unflavored max vg juice of 18mg/ml nicotine in both. Will eventually go to a 50/50 unflavored juice.

Think the Kimech is spoiling me.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Voopoo Drag X with RTA Pod tank, Kilo Birthday Cake, changed to Cinnamallow Torte diy
iJoy Shogun Univ with Dvarw DL clone, Vib's (coconut) Cake diy

Last edited:

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hm. Maybe you can explain the draw of the Billet Box / AIO type of box mods? I'm asking sincerely and not to stir any kind of flame war, to belittle anyone's preferences. Just don't quite get it on my end, but then I squonk and use RDA/RSAs.
From my observations, I would take a stab and guess that it's fairly restrictive MTL / RDL. Which for a mod like that, might work.

I'd guess that based on the placement of "airflow adjustments". I don't see a whole lot of AFC on those devices, meaning they're either locked to AFC on the mouthpiece or there's some AFC on the coil head itself.

I don't know, I don't own one, I'd burn up a tank in 1 sitting, and I like the flexitibility of having an AFC, large capacity tanks, and as much power as I wanna throw at something.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hm. Maybe you can explain the draw of the Billet Box / AIO type of box mods? I'm asking sincerely and not to stir any kind of flame war, to belittle anyone's preferences. Just don't quite get it on my end, but then I squonk and use RDA/RSAs.
I like the all in one style of gear, no big glass, messy tank sitting on top of a mod, easy to put in my pocket- I made the leap into BB after watching a review of the Pioneer Insider Boro. I think many older styled boros were too MTL and hard to build and wick in my opinion.
Easy Rebuildable and wick deck, big 6 ml tank and 8 different air flow pins to give me the DL vape I like and I am a low wattage vaper too, but have an assortment of air flow pins MTL if I want to do that. I just bought a Pioneer Insider for Dotmod AIO to try. The Dot RBA is a pain to build and wick and too MTL and hoping that the Pioneer for Dot is just as good as for the BB.
I bought the SXK BB- cost. I wanted to make sure I liked these before I shell out the money on an authentic BB.
The Pulse AIO is affordable, I like the long battery life of a 21700 battery- and the Vessel boro is easy to build deck, can adjust the air flow to my liking is and was included in the kit, when boros can cost as much as the AIOs.
The boro is the magic for these AIOs. Get the right one and AIOs are awesome! Just like the right RDA or RSA is for your squonk mod.
I have squonks I love and use, I also still have and use single or dual battery mods, RTAs and RDTAs, RDAs , and sub tanks too.
Yes no flame wars, we all like different devices- hey whatever keeps us off cigarettes and we enjoy using, any device that does that is awesome to me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From my observations, I would take a stab and guess
I like the all in one style of gear, no big glass, messy tank sitting on top of a mod, easy to put in my pocket-
Okay, thank you both. I think I can conclude for myself Billet Box style mods are not my preference. Can also understand the reason many others seem to like them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK Supbox in SBS mode with e-Phoenix Hurricane Jr RTA clone, V'Nilla Christmas Cookies & Milk
Asmodus Pumper 18 squonker with Elder Dragon RDA, Lime Cooler diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Asmodus Pumper 18 squonker with Elder Dragon RDA, Lime Cooler diy (same as yesterday, enjoying this now that I've rewicked it)
Dovpo Odin 100 with SC Aromamizer Lite, Pink Bubblegum diy

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
eLeaf iStick 100TC with Augvape Merlin Mini RTA, Kilo Marshmallow Crisp
Asmodus Luna squonker with Elder Dragon RDA, Butter Cream Cookie diy

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This will probably be in the minority but I could never get the hit I like more than a squonk with a small single coil RSA. Of course this was a sxk billet box dna 60 with an Exocet so rather dated rba. I haven't tried it again so as I said probably not a good source of information but I find a mechanical squonker with a small single coil so much less fiddly and satisfying.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Of course this was a sxk billet box dna 60 with an Exocet so rather dated rba
When I 1st tried the BB over a year ago that a forum friend lent me to try I wasn't impressed either- I tried the RBAs he sent and they were fiddly to build, too much MTL for my liking too which saved me from buying my own. Yes even the SXK DNA 60 and all the boros can get expensive. I think the SXK 60 DNA is the same board as the 60 DNA for the authentic BB.
Then I saw the VV Pulse AIO- looked like something I would like and the price was right, but of course that was a pre-order. Then I saw a review on the BP Mods Pioneer Insider boro with all its vast array air flow inserts and looked much easier to build and wick that I ordered that along with the white SXK DNA 60 BB to try. I figured if I didn't like it I could sell it here quickly. Well I loved it, so much that I bought the Purple SXK DNA60 and another Pioneer Insider. To me the right boro is the game changer.
I actually like the VV Pulse AIO too- vapes great, easy to build and wick, and I get the air flow I like and a much longer battery life, I just don't like the drip tip on the Pulse AIO. I can use the Pulse Boro in the BB too and I can use the P Insider in the Pulse.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find a mechanical squonker with a small single coil so much less fiddly and satisfying.

Find myself in the same boat. Will use a decent mosfet (safety only) squonker. Like the mechanical mods though. Usually not much to go wrong with them, and usually easily fixable if there is an issue.

Can do what many using big fancy dual builds do, with a simple single coil. Don't see need for overkill. Could only drain batteries more so. Can normally run a single coil a day to three on a charged 18650.

basic-vaping-coil.jpg

That's about what I use and mean saying simple single coil. Usually been using 26 ga Kanthal got from TEMCo. Did use 28 ga but tried 26 and liked it. As seen, I don't bother with bells & whistles.

Have tried Clapton, Dual Clapton / Fused, Twisted, Parallel. By tried I'm meaning tried building them myself as well as just buying pre-made coil/s. Not seen any real dramatic evidence, for myself at least, they do any better.

Parallel though can be a minor exception. Found mixing SS with Kanthal to build spaced parallel coil can yield cooler vapor at lower ohm rating. The trade off being your mod has to really push the mass along. So that kind of nullified parallel for me.

I do have a couple regulated squonkers. Seems they stay put up for use in a pinch. Used to use a TAB to check my ohm ratings on installs. Pretty well got an idea how to build to .30 to .35 now & do so regularly. Though I do still check myself randomly.

If I go to .25 the vapor is too physically warm for me. It also draws off the batteries too quickly. Been told blah blah blah, it's the RDA/s I use, airflow, blah blah. I've tried all kinds of different stuff. Will just stick to my cozy .30 - .35 coil. :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Voopoo X217 with GV Zeus X Mesh, Freeman Ruth's Loot
Wotofo Ram squonker with VA Radius V2 clone, Yum Yums diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Voopoo Argus GT with Dead Rabbit RTA clone, Freeman Ginger House
eLeaf iJust S stick with Cthulhu Mjolnir RDA, Citrus Snap diy (new recipe)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
SXK Billet Box
Pioneer Insider
Jungle King- Freeman Juice Co

20211204_150649.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dovpo Odin 100 with SC Aromamizer Lite, Pink Bubblegum diy
Voopoo Argus GT with HV DR RTA clone, Citrus Snap diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
LV Centaurus with GV Zeus X RTA, tank mix of Biscotti Joe diy and Kilo Birthday Cake
Voopoo Drag X with Voopoo RTA Pod tank, tank mix of Naked Green Lemon and Kilo Birthday Cake

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Asmodus Pumper 18 with Elder Dragon RDA, Kilo Birthday Cake
Voopoo Drag X with Voopoo Pod RTA, tank mix of Naked Green Lemon and Kilo Birthday Cake

VU Sponsors