nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Arctic Dolphin Anita squonker with DV Mongrel RDA, Crepe du Soleil diy (orange marmalade & Nutella crepe)
5AVape clone of Hussar BXR boro mod with Mobb V2 bridge clone, Sadboy Lemon Cookie
Aspire Mixx with Taifun GX clone, Pink Bubblegum remix diy

I believe this Mongrel RDA might actually be the best RDA I have. It's running roughshod over the Elder Dragon. Never thought I'd say that.

@Train this Mongrel RDA might be another airy single-coiler that you'd love. The flavor is insane.

I'm still running it with no airflow insert. After it sits for a good while unvaped, it does give a great, loud POP when I put heat to it. No airflow insert may be why, or I may be over-squonking it a little. That's the only negative I've seen so far. It's very quiet and smooth the rest of the time.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Arctic Dolphin Anita squonker with DV Mongrel RDA, Crepe du Soleil diy (orange marmalade & Nutella crepe)
5AVape clone of Hussar BXR boro mod with Mobb V2 bridge clone, Sadboy Lemon Cookie
Aspire Mixx with Taifun GX clone, Pink Bubblegum remix diy

I believe this Mongrel RDA might actually be the best RDA I have. It's running roughshod over the Elder Dragon. Never thought I'd say that.

@Train this Mongrel RDA might be another airy single-coiler that you'd love. The flavor is insane.

I'm still running it with no airflow insert. After it sits for a good while unvaped, it does give a great, loud POP when I put heat to it. No airflow insert may be why, or I may be over-squonking it a little. That's the only negative I've seen so far. It's very quiet and smooth the rest of the time.
I've got a couple Mongrels!! You're right - I DO like them...
Simple, easy, good vape, no fuss, VERY hard to flood, etc.
Only downside I can think if is that it's kinda big, lol.:):):)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've got a couple Mongrels!! You're right - I DO like them...
Simple, easy, good vape, no fuss, VERY hard to flood, etc.
Only downside I can think if is that it's kinda big, lol.:):):)

You're right - they are big. I happened to have a "problem mod" that the Mongrel redeems completely. In the two years I've had this mod, the Mongrel has given me the first really decent vape I've had on it. Can't say why, but it just IS.

Would be a great RDA for the top of a Topside Dual, too, gargantuan monster that it is...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A black eVic Vtwo Mini with the white case
Tsunami 24 RDA, Gorilla DT
DIY'd HS-RY4 with a bit of Vape Wild Wrangler (miss those guys)

20220923_133318~2.jpg

I like the look of this, reminds me of a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
stormtrooper.png

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nice...I had a feeling I'd see another Luxotic soon here... ;)

Luxotic BF was the second squonker I ever bought, after starting with a mechanical VV Pulse - the really plastic-y one. I bought the Pulse first figuring if I hated squonking, I wouldn't have wasted much money. Let's just say that the Luxotic BF was the first squonker I really LIKED, once I got it through my head that the tiny RDA that came with it (Tobhino?) was just trying to kill me and I'd be better off with an O-Atty. Long story short(ish), I have kind of a sentimental attachment to the Luxotic BF. :)

There's an MF around here somewhere that I haven't laid eyes on in probably a year. It's nice, too, and I should find it and put it into use. I've been scaling down a bit to mods of smaller size, so it would fit right in,

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's just say that the Luxotic BF was the first squonker I really LIKED, once I got it through my head that the tiny RDA that came with it (Tobhino?) was just trying to kill me and I'd be better off with an O-Atty.
Sounds like me today...I got tired of the damn NarCa so I dug up and re-wicked my Alladin.
It has it's own quirks, but it is still less annoying. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Two Signature Tips SQ 18650 cell squonk mods. One with an Armageddon Redemption RD/SA on it, its coil running from 0.30 to 0.35 Ω. The other SQ has That Damn Vape Mongrel RD/SA on it with the same rated coil. All my coils are simple, single strand Kanthal of 26 ga I believe. A brass Coppervape has a Advken Gorge on it with similar coil. These three rotate out among themselves through a day/week. Currently I'm finishing up some remaining light flavored "junk juice" in all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK Billet Box with Mobb V2 bridge clone, Sadboy Lemon Cookie
LV Centaurus with SC Aromamizer Supreme V2, Kilo Marshmallow Crisp with cinnamon
Voopoo Drag 3 with Kayfun 5 Squared SE clone, Citrus Snap diy

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Smok RPM160
Blueberry- Jam Monster

View attachment 197812

Snap, is that new? I don't recall seeing it before. I like the colors in it!

Today I'm vaping an iJoy Shogun Univ with SC OG Aromamizer, Butter Cream Cookie diy. I'm vaping the juice out and then retiring the rig for a while. Have several rigs that I've done this with recently, and several more that I'll be working on. I suddenly realized that I'd really rather use some smaller gear, so have been leaning more toward AIOs and small squonkers.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Snap, is that new? I don't recall seeing it before. I like the colors in it!
Hi Nada- nope I have had this for a few years now- I actually bought two of them on sale both the same 7 color rainbow, I think they were under $20.00 each. Just one of the many mods I put away for a while- lol!
I bought the RDTA for this too so when I run out of coils I can still vape it.
I know it is Smok ,kind of a disliked brand here, but the few Smok mods I have work great , and the price was right for me to try them.I love and use my Smok Fetch Pro 80w too and have an RDTA and RBA for that as well.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Nada- nope I have had this for a few years now- I actually bought two of them on sale both the same 7 color rainbow, I think they were under $20.00 each. Just one of the many mods I put away for a while- lol!
I bought the RDTA for this too so when I run out of coils I can still vape it.
I know it is Smok ,kind of a disliked brand here, but the few Smok mods I have work great , and the price was right for me to try them.I love and use my Smok Fetch Pro 80w too and have an RDTA and RBA for that as well.

I have a few Smok mods that do just fine - a G80, an AL85 (used to be the Alien Baby, I think), a Nord 4, and an Alike AIO. I didn't get a Fetch AIO and wish I had. Also have quite a few Smok tanks that I've used a lot - some Resa Princes, X-Babies, the Spirals and Spirals Plus, and a couple older ones that are from the same era as the Griffin and Herakles. I try not to buy sub-ohm tanks that don't have RBAs, and all of those do.

I've talked my share of junk about Smok, mainly because of a couple POS's my son got from his local vape store. One of them, the battery door started falling off and wouldn't stay fastened when the damn mod was about a week old. It was ridiculous, and of course since he bought it from a store, it was outrageously expensive for what he got. I've never been willing to spend a lot of money on anything they make, considering that if it did end up being junk, I wouldn't be out much money.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
GV Aegis Legend, Hellvape Fat Rabbit RTA ("Storm"), DIY - attempt at recreating Maestro from Birdsnest Elixirs.

Probably my first favorite juice, sort of a spiced coffee and cream flavor though not heavy on the coffee from what I remember. Haven't had it in six years or so.
Mix is okay but not Maestro.

I still have a SMOK Baby Beast and Big Baby (sometimes with RBA) in my rotation, my main subohm tanks for quite a few years.

I did have an Aspire Triton 2 and Atlantis EVO before that but they pretty much got put away after the Beasts arrived.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dovpo Odin 100W with GV Zeus X Mesh, Met4 Golden Ticket
5AVape clone of Hussar BXR boro mod with VV Pulse Vessel RBA, King's Crest Duchess Reserve

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Dovpo Odin 100W with GV Zeus X Mesh, Met4 Golden Ticket
5AVape clone of Hussar BXR boro mod with VV Pulse Vessel RBA, King's Crest Duchess Reserve
I picked up a bottle of Golden Ticket at a new to me place near a job that I was working at recently. They just had the one bottle of 0mg so I will most likely boost that up some when I get around to trying it.
The guy at the shop offered me a few nic shots but I told him I was pretty well set with that and to save them for other folks.
I mainly stopped in looking to see if they might have an OG Aegis Legend but no luck there. Did pick up a few small things I really didn't need but wanted to support B&M.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I picked up a bottle of Golden Ticket at a new to me place near a job that I was working at recently. They just had the one bottle of 0mg so I will most likely boost that up some when I get around to trying it.
The guy at the shop offered me a few nic shots but I told him I was pretty well set with that and to save them for other folks.
I mainly stopped in looking to see if they might have an OG Aegis Legend but no luck there. Did pick up a few small things I really didn't need but wanted to support B&M.

Golden Ticket is one of my favorite pre-made e-liquids. Then again, I am a sucker for a good chocolate vape anyway.

Freeman e-liquids Ruth's Loot is really good, too. It's like a rich chocolate chip cookie.

It's been a long time since I've seen an OG Legend for sale anywhere, but hey, it won't hurt to make a post that you're looking for one in the Hardware thread. You'd be surprised what folks around here will come up with! :)

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Golden Ticket is one of my favorite pre-made e-liquids. Then again, I am a sucker for a good chocolate vape anyway.

Freeman e-liquids Ruth's Loot is really good, too. It's like a rich chocolate chip cookie.

It's been a long time since I've seen an OG Legend for sale anywhere, but hey, it won't hurt to make a post that you're looking for one in the Hardware thread. You'd be surprised what folks around here will come up with! :)
Chocolate chip cookie sounds good! (vape or otherwise!)

I did find a Legend Aero kit at another place just this week during my work travels, first visit there.
I have found a healthy number of them in my region during my crash stash build this year, so I am probably set.
There are still some from online places in stock as well but my ordering capability is limited by my payment method and I don't really want to deal with missing being home for a signature.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I'll put a dog to work this morning, too......

Arctic Dolphin Anita squonker with DV Mongrel RDA, juice tastes a bit like Grand Marnier, so I'm calling it Orange Brandy, from 2020 (the marker has worn off the bottle!). Anita is leaking, so might have to rethink this pairing. Mongrel might do well on a Wotofo Recurve squonker, or an Aspire Feedlink.

Also SXK BB #2 arrived yesterday, so I have it going as well, with a Mobb V2 clone bridge and Sadboy Lemon Cookie. Bridge is suddenly giving me the occasional dry hit, don't know what's up with that.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Also SXK BB #2 arrived yesterday, so I have it going as well
Wow, glad you are liking the SXK BB- what color is the new one? I saw Ali Express has a pink/blue splatter one I am thinking of getting.
How is it we are able to buy from Ali Express now? We were blocked from buying from there a while back and saw you posted you have been ordering from them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, glad you are liking the SXK BB- what color is the new one? I saw Ali Express has a pink/blue splatter one I am thinking of getting.
How is it we are able to buy from Ali Express now? We were blocked from buying from there a while back and saw you posted you have been ordering from them.

The new one of mine is black. I looked at the blue, and I like it, but decided I'd rather have something a little more neutral. I'd really love to have a silver one. FT and 3F both have the blue, just fyi.

I don't know why the change at AliExpress. You'll notice the sellers who have vape gear available to us are pretty low-key about it. I wonder if they are classifying the gear in such a way that AE can't block it - in other words, lying about what they sell.

I just had to file a dispute with my credit card company over one of the sellers there, who absolutely refuses to understand that I received a package but the package didn't contain everything it was supposed to. I ordered a set of doors and a bridge; they shipped the doors but not the bridge. So I'm done with that seller, and as a matter of fact, if I order from AE again, I will only order one item per order, so they can't do this mess to me again.

One thing about AE - their packages sure seem to come quickly. I was loving that! :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK Billet Box #1 with Mobb V2 bridge clone, Sadboy Lemon Cookie
VV Requiem squonker with DV Mongrel RDA, Backyard Vanilla remix diy

VU Sponsors