Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watching Top Gun: Maverick and feeling nostalgic, so I figured I'd go vintage big iron...

RUkoTc3l.jpg

Cuboid w/ AF firmware
Ohmega Alpha One RTA, with a twisted 26AWG single coil. Yup, it's Comp Wire by Wotofo.
DIYFS RY4

Turn and Burn baby... :cool:
3d-f18-jet-fighter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
  • MCV Reactor clone
  • Flave RDA
  • An as-yet unamed juice I made this morning.
(it's got DIYFS Holy Vanilla, Melon, and Sour Apple, plus misc.)

wBtDd6ql.jpg

This setup had sat in a box for months, I really needed to clean it up and rebuild it completely. Took a greenie sponge to get the finish right again.

But, I finally got it in shape and it rocks once again. Hits like a ton of bricks too...I can only do 2sec pulls...but clouds of flavor and very matchy-matchy too.
emojidex_smiling-face-with-sunglasses_260e_mysmiley.net.png
emojidex_raised-hand-with-part-between-middle-and-ring-fingers_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-4_2596-23fd_23fd_mysmiley.net.png

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
  • MCV Reactor clone
  • Flave RDA
  • An as-yet unamed juice I made this morning.
(it's got DIYFS Holy Vanilla, Melon, and Sour Apple, plus misc.)

wBtDd6ql.jpg

This setup had sat in a box for months, I really needed to clean it up and rebuild it completely. Took a greenie sponge to get the finish right again.

But, I finally got it in shape and it rocks once again. Hits like a ton of bricks too...I can only do 2sec pulls...but clouds of flavor and very matchy-matchy too.
emojidex_smiling-face-with-sunglasses_260e_mysmiley.net.png
emojidex_raised-hand-with-part-between-middle-and-ring-fingers_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-4_2596-23fd_23fd_mysmiley.net.png

I always wanted one of those Reactor clones. Not sure why I don't have one! Easily distracted, I guess. :teehee: I do have a Wismec Luxotic MF, which is kind of similar, and is a pretty darn good squonker. I should pull that thing out of mothballs and use it.

This morning I'm vaping:

iJoy Shogun Univ with Dvarw DL RTA clone, Maple Cake diy
VV Requiem squonker with Yachtvape Claymore RDA, Backyard Vanilla remix diy
eLeaf iJust S base with Cthulhu Mjolnir RDA, Sadboy Strawberry Jam Cookie

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always wanted one of those Reactor clones. Not sure why I don't have one! Easily distracted, I guess. :teehee: I do have a Wismec Luxotic MF, which is kind of similar, and is a pretty darn good squonker. I should pull that thing out of mothballs and use it.

I love it, it's such a beasty. :D
Kinda surprised you'd like something so chunky and heavy, but yeah, it's a great mod. :)

Size compared to a Pico Squeeze 2...it's taller, deeper, and nearly weighs as much even though it's aluminum and not zinc alloy. The poor little Flave RDA looks kinda lost on it, but damn if it don't vape amazingly with a big single coil and a Molicel P26 18650.

Attachments

• 20220818_082706_HDR~3.jpg
    20220818_082706_HDR~3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Dovpo Odin 100 with SC Aromamizer Lite, Kilo Birthday Cake
OhmAIO with DotMission bridge, Freeman Red District (strawberry mixed fruit)
Asmodus Pumper 18 with LV Centaurus Solo RDA, Solo Punch diy (strawberry/orange/lime ginger ale punch)

The more I use this Centaurus Solo RDA, the better I like it. I have to keep the airflow almost closed, though, so for someone who likes airy single-coil RDAs, this would be a great choice.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
O-Atty v1 clone
Underground SQK clone mod
BluBacco + Berry Stuff DIY
Nifty matching Delrin/Brass DT w/ an 810 adapter

View attachment 196124

O-Atty V1 and V2 are some of my favorite RDAs. The V1 is a little bit challenging to build, but the flavor!!! Actually both versions produce really great flavor. Oldies but goodies, to be sure.

So now having said that, I'm vaping:

Wismec Luxotic BF with O-Atty V1 clone, Solo Punch diy (strawberry/orange/lime/ginger ale)
Aspire Mixx with Taifun GX clone, Pink Bubblegum diy
Aspire Plato with Nautilus 1.8 ohm factory coil, King's Crest Duchess Reserve (Tres Leches cake and butterscotch)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
O-Atty V1 and V2 are some of my favorite RDAs. The V1 is a little bit challenging to build, but the flavor!!! Actually both versions produce really great flavor. Oldies but goodies, to be sure.
Funny you say that..made me think...hmmm. So I googled it.
Yup, it's a v2.

picard_facepalm.png

I have both and this one has zero markings on it.
And, I totally forgot which was which...ack!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to @nadalama, I'd dug out my old O-Atty v1 and it's Pico mod. :D

It needed a full cleaning and re-wicking for sure, but the Vandyvape Superfine MTL SS316 coil was still fine. Using a quicky split-wick design on it...works nicely.

SO...

O-Atty v1
Eleaf Pico w/ Artic Fox
Caramel Mocha DIY

P1060505.jpg

0.38 ohm @ 255C in TC: Mmmm!
Thx for sparking me to use this old classic combo again.
happy0159.gif

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Revenant Cartel 160 with SC Aromamizer (Supreme V2? I've forgotten!), Kilo Marshmallow Crisp with cinnamon

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Revenant Cartel 160 with SC Aromamizer Supreme V2, Kilo Marshmallow Crisp with cinnamon (Day 2, the tank needs attention, so I'm trying to vape it empty)
Aspire Mixx with Haar RTA clone, Caramel Waffle Cappuccino remix diy
SVA Kimech V3 with Elder Dragon RDA, Citrus Snap diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Taking this out for a test drive today since ppl keep saying how good it is. dont have a squonk for it, wanted to see if it will even suit me (i sort of ended up with it, never sought it out to vape with specifically)
View attachment 196263

I'm sad. My little green Armour Pro died a few months ago. I used the hell out of that thing; it was one of my favorite regulated mods.

I have a black one but it's just not quite as much fun as the green.

I just ordered a Mongrel from FT, thinking of putting it on a Vindicator clone tube if it's good. Tube is black, and I've run short of black RDAs that are the right size.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just ordered a Mongrel from FT,
I think you will really like the Mongrel, a favorite RDA of mine for my squonk mods. Easy to build and wick, great flavor. I tried to order from FT for the 1st time after the Paypal ban last week during their 10% off sale and my Visa CC cancelled the sale as suspicious activity - ugh! I probably need to get a throwaway CC gift card from Walmart.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think you will really like the Mongrel, a favorite RDA of mine for my squonk mods. Easy to build and wick, great flavor. I tried to order from FT for the 1st time after the Paypal ban last week during their 10% off sale and my Visa CC cancelled the sale as suspicious activity - ugh! I probably need to get a throwaway CC gift card from Walmart.

I usually just use Paypal to buy a gift certificate for myself, then use the GC to pay for the order. Only takes a few seconds and has worked every time for me.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got this weeks lineup cleaned and ready to go

Pulse with Pioneer insider, loaded with Johnny's Juice Vanilla Custard
Ayra with Alberich, loaded with Johnny's Juice Strawberry Custard
Innokin Kroma 217 with SE Kayfun Prime, loaded with Dinner Lady Lemon Tart

20220828_141802.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Voopoo X217 with GV Zeus X Mesh, Freeman Ruth's Loot
Aspire Mixx with Haar RTA clone, Caramel Waffle Cappuccino remix diy
LV Quest Centaurus BF with Augvape Alexa RDA, V'Nilla Christmas Cookies & Milk

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
GV Aegis Legend
GV Peerless RDTA
DIY - CAP Sugar Cookie/CDS
IMG_20220829_112841482_HDR.jpg
First build, need to wrap my head around just poking wicks through instead of leaving them long. (or try to get long ones more even!)
Working fine so far though.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
GV Aegis Legend
GV Peerless RDTA
DIY - CAP Sugar Cookie/CDS
View attachment 196431
First build, need to wrap my head around just poking wicks through instead of leaving them long. (or try to get long ones more even!)
Working fine so far though.
I've used a lot of RDTAs and the wicks don't need to to be that long to stick down that far into the tank- they should just touch underneath each hole. I found a tutorial on the Peerless RDTA and you can see how the wicks should look. They get saturated when you tip the mod to vape.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've used a lot of RDTAs and the wicks don't need to to be that long to stick down that far into the tank- they should just touch underneath each hole. I found a tutorial on the Peerless RDTA and you can see how the wicks should look. They get saturated when you tip the mod to vape.

Thank you for the confirmation about wicking!
I actually did watch that video and one other one where the wicks were short, but my brain had a hard time believing it!

The Peerless is working really nice so far. I also have the little Serpent RTDA that I've yet to try - maybe soon.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Peerless is working really nice so far. I also have the little Serpent RTDA that I've yet to try
Nice that you are liking RDTAs- I have quite a few RDTAs and I really like how they vape. Haha, I should pull them back out again- I have so many great mods and tanks sitting in my cabinet because I have been using so many AIOs .
I have 2 of the Asmodus Neferius RDTAs and have never used them. They can be used for squonking , I have the Flave RDTA which can be used for squonking too.
Love the Pyros and the Pixy RDTA. I bought an RDTA that works with my Smok Fetch Pro 80, that works great as well.

Pixy RDTA- I have this in silver, black and yellow

20180112_143218.jpg

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nice that you are liking RDTAs- I have quite a few RDTAs and I really like how they vape. Haha, I should pull them back out again- I have so many great mods and tanks sitting in my cabinet because I have been using so many AIOs .
I have 2 of the Asmodus Neferius RDTAs and have never used them. They can be used for squonking , I have the Flave RDTA which can be used for squonking too.
Love the Pyros and the Pixy RDTA. I bought an RDTA that works with my Smok Fetch Pro 80, that works great as well.

Pixy RDTA- I have this in silver, black and yellow

View attachment 196447
Wow, that is some setup, had to run off and Google those!
Haha, love that Pixy! :hearts:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Aspire Mixx with Taifun GX clone, Pink bubblegum diy
5AVape clone of Hussar BXR boro mod, Ambition Mods Molen bridge, Sadboy Shamrock Cookie

The Molen bridge isn't half bad in this BXR mod - MUCH better than it was in the Supbox.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Vanilla ice cream, as always, but im thinking about branching off to other vanillas, like madagascar.

on a side note, apparently its batman day..
I have no idea who groovelife is or how it made it in my email, but if u want the belt u can google it yourself, lol
Screenshot_20220831-124255_Samsung Internet.jpg

VU Sponsors