Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'm actually going to go with the SXK Nautilus bridge and get those 0.7 ohm ceramic Nautilus 2 coils.

Anyone know where I can buy JUST the bridge on its own? Seems silly to drop $35 on the authentic.

BTW, the flavor on the Kanger ceramic heads is great, but ramp up sucks even at 40W... I'd avoid them bc of that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If you're contemplating the MF bridge for DL coils, I know a guy ;) who was selling one, coils and all (@troydestroy ). I bought the whole kit from the MF store, about $70 because I was looking at MTL stuff (had just ordered the coils from FT)but it'll take two mf-ing weeks to get it. In a way it works out OK since that's about the time the coils from FT will arrive. Other than that, @Le Furet is one option, another would be to order the bridge from Greece. I think FT still has the boro tanks (SXK) but I couldn't tell you how they work with the authentic BB.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're contemplating the MF bridge for DL coils, I know a guy ;) who was selling one, coils and all (@troydestroy ). I bought the whole kit from the MF store, about $70 because I was looking at MTL stuff (had just ordered the coils from FT)but it'll take two mf-ing weeks to get it. In a way it works out OK since that's about the time the coils from FT will arrive. Other than that, @Le Furet is one option, another would be to order the bridge from Greece.
Yeah I'm looking for MTL and it looks like those 0.7 ohm Nautilus coils will fit the bill for me.
I'm going to put the feelers out to see if I can grab an extra SXK Nautilus bridge bc I don't want to break into the one that came with my Dober 70W. I plan to sell it and want to keep it crispy!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're contemplating the MF bridge for DL coils, I know a guy ;) who was selling one, coils and all (@troydestroy ). I bought the whole kit from the MF store, about $70 because I was looking at MTL stuff (had just ordered the coils from FT)but it'll take two mf-ing weeks to get it. In a way it works out OK since that's about the time the coils from FT will arrive. Other than that, @Le Furet is one option, another would be to order the bridge from Greece. I think FT still has the boro tanks (SXK) but I couldn't tell you how they work with the authentic BB.

i read a thread on a clone BB that mentioned the boro being a main difference. Some buy the sxk bb and factory order authentic boro

i ordered sxk insider and vape shell this week, will order a BB in this weekend's run

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'm actually going to go with the SXK Nautilus bridge and get those 0.7 ohm ceramic Nautilus 2 coils.

Anyone know where I can buy JUST the bridge on its own? Seems silly to drop $35 on the authentic.

BTW, the flavor on the Kanger ceramic heads is great, but ramp up sucks even at 40W... I'd avoid them bc of that.

The "aspire" or was it "bvc" bridge that comes with the sxk fits Nautilus coils
:)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i read a thread on a clone BB that mentioned the boro being a main difference. Some buy the sxk bb and factory order authentic boro

i ordered sxk insider and vape shell this week, will order a BB in this weekend's run
Boros are basically identical except for color of gasket. Authentic is orangeish, sxk is red and slightly translucent.
I've ran both in authentic and sxk boxes with no problems

zz99

Member For 1 Year
Finally got round to setting up my Fawkes with the OCC bridge and a 1.2 ohm Kanger OCC coil.

Using a 12mg tobacco liquid and loving it at around 20W. No leaks or anything from the tank.

Think I might order a MF bridge, anyone using the MTL setup ? whats it like ?

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got round to setting up my Fawkes with the OCC bridge and a 1.2 ohm Kanger OCC coil.

Using a 12mg tobacco liquid and loving it at around 20W. No leaks or anything from the tank.

Think I might order a MF bridge, anyone using the MTL setup ? whats it like ?
I'll be able to tell you in a couple of weeks, that's when mine should be here.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I didn't buy it...it's still available though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it had the Aspire bridge, I would be tempted. It seems that tomorrow is the soonest I get to try my MoP buttoned BB. I'm tempted to order the MTL Insider but then again, I have the MF kit on its way, the SXK VapeShells shipped 10 days ago......I better simmer down and wait.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I got an Insider in the classies at the other place.....but still nothing to use in the BB tonight:headbang:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just googled your address, you have 3 vape shops still open near you and 6 total
I know, but today was a long azz week for me. It started at 4:00 am, by 6:00 it turned to crap, by 9:00 or so it was full on s**t and it got worse from there. It can wait until tomorrow....
Just about now I want to say : Stop the world, I want to get off!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know, but today was a long azz week for me. It started at 4:00 am, by 6:00 it turned to crap, by 9:00 or so it was full on s**t and it got worse from there. It can wait until tomorrow....
Just about now I want to say : Stop the world, I want to get off!

Dang sorry... Upside you'll have a kick ass BB with a lot of goodies soon'ish ;)

MoP button and all LOL

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang sorry... Upside you'll have a kick ass BB with a lot of goodies soon'ish ;)

MoP button and all LOL
Nothing to be sorry about, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Well, there is that to look forward to, by the time I get all the bits and pieces together I should be able to get the plugs from @troydestroy too.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just a PSA -

I just got a in-stock product alert from 3fvape that they now have the SXK clone of the A-Tank in stock, which is for Atlantis coils:

http://www.3fvape.com/misc/19675-sx...pom-glass-only-for-aspire-atlantis-coils.html

I just ordered 2 of them, and hoping that the Triton RBA head will fit, if not, I will have the option for the other Aspire coil heads.

The Triton RBA head lets you easily build a vertical coil (which I prefer) and is kinda like a poor-man's Bastard Coil.

A few months back I scored a pair of Triton RBA heads for $1 ea. and have been planning for an A-tank since then.

The BB Authentic A-tank is $62, and I really dont want to spend that much for a piece of Delrin and glass, so this is good timing.

Hopefully some of you guys can grab one of these before they sell out again.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Did you ever come up with drill/tap/screw lock-solution?

If you mean for use in a standard round tank - then no.

Like you had mentioned previously, anything that uses the top-threads will likely open the top of the coil (and destroy it by unraveling the coil wire), and also when removing from the base, unless you grip the knurlings at the bottom of the coil (instead of the top) with some pliers, also will likely open the top of the coil - so I have set that project aside for a while, and figured if I could instead get an A-Tank, none of that will matter any more since everything is simply pressed together and held with o-rings in the BB tank set-ups.

The only threading involved with the A-tank, seems to be that threaded adapter ring for the base of the coil, and seems to me that once installed, can be left on the Triton RBA head during rebuilding.

This is all speculation as of now. But for $1 for the Triton RBA and ~$8 for the SXK A-Tank, I am willing to roll the dice that it will work, and if not, the backup plan will be to try some Atlantis coils and compare them to the Kanger SSOCC coils for if/when I am too lazy or unable to rebuild/re-wick...

The SXK BB clone comes with bridges for Kanger and Aspire coils, but there is zero documentation in the box, and I have no idea exactly which Aspire coils this bridge is meant for...so I am a bit in the dark about that right now as well.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SXK BB clone comes with bridges for Kanger and Aspire coils, but there is zero documentation in the box, and I have no idea exactly which Aspire coils this bridge is meant for...so I am a bit in the dark about that right now as well.
I'm pretty sure it is for the BVC coils, the ones for the Nautilus/Nautilus Mini/Triton Mini

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hoping for a tmnbb with black buttons. Wish me luck for Saturday
Bold choice! I really dig that colorway.

Just a general shameless plug:

My SXK Dober 70W is in the classies with a JMK tip/button set.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i came across this today authentic 60 with exocet tip tank and leathercase for 300 good or bad
88439b15ba7491c9653336a469170ac1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So i came across this today authentic 60 with exocet tip tank and leathercase for 300 good or bad
88439b15ba7491c9653336a469170ac1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think a better deal is the Reddit link I posted a bit back...but that is only if rat black is your thing...

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a PSA -

I just got a in-stock product alert from 3fvape that they now have the SXK clone of the A-Tank in stock, which is for Atlantis coils:

http://www.3fvape.com/misc/19675-sx...pom-glass-only-for-aspire-atlantis-coils.html

I just ordered 2 of them, and hoping that the Triton RBA head will fit, if not, I will have the option for the other Aspire coil heads.

The Triton RBA head lets you easily build a vertical coil (which I prefer) and is kinda like a poor-man's Bastard Coil.

A few months back I scored a pair of Triton RBA heads for $1 ea. and have been planning for an A-tank since then.

The BB Authentic A-tank is $62, and I really dont want to spend that much for a piece of Delrin and glass, so this is good timing.

Hopefully some of you guys can grab one of these before they sell out again.
Thanks for the heads up! I've been needing one to test fit plugs but don't think I'll ever use it... Hard to pay the +$60 in that case. Hopefully it's 1:1 as the sxk standard boros are

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a set time that they go up on Saturdays? I'm 14 hours in front of New York, so probably middle of the night here. Luckily I am a night owl

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a set time that they go up on Saturdays? I'm 14 hours in front of New York, so probably middle of the night here. Luckily I am a night owl

I'd start looking at them around 10:30am NY Time, so by +14...12:30am Sunday your time?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh, and the aussie dollar sucks ATM

72c in the usd :tantrum:

so just the box + 1st class shipping will be around $400 aud

my last big mod purchase, we were getting 86c through pp

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it helps any, they post at 7:30 am Los Angeles time, 21:30 Oz time.

VU Sponsors