https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I understand the reason. Most of the high end attys are m2l. It seems when China makes an authentic m2l atty though, it doesn't sell well. Clones of high end stuff sells better. So for about the past year, China has been marketing authentics to the d2l vapers, and now there is a division.

I don't like division...

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with you. China is only going to make products that are good in the mass market since they make their money on volume sales. I like the Tube mod that FT sells but they changed it from the original and increased the size of the center hole so it could be used for direct to lung. That is what sells.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I consider gennys to be more of a niche market. I know they are now coming out with some hybrid type gennies but they are not as much of a market as bottom coil products.
I guess we can say the same thing for MTL attys now too!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've gotten a bit away from the super tight MTL, leaning into the way more restricted DL type. It's basically what we have the option for, anymore, when looking for something new. Ones that work for me to date:

Eleaf GS
UD Goblin Mini (I prefer the v1 over the v2)
Kanger Subtank
Sense Herakles
Joytech Delta 2
iJust tank
Lemo Drop
UD Balrog Tank (a bit fiddly)

I used to solely rely on Protank 2's and the mini's with re-built heads/rayon.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used the protank/aerotank as well. I think over time a lot of MTLer's have loosed up on the draw that they prefer. I used iclear 30 and 30s for a while. My wife still uses them. When I try her tank now, I can't get any vape from it.

upstate

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haven't seen the Kayfun mini V3 mentioned here. This is a fantastic mtl tank. Easy top fill with juice control. The authentic is $100 but Vapenw has the Tobeco clone for $15. If you're looking for a true mtl tank do not overlook this tank. The only con for some would be the 2ml capacity. But it's so easy to fill that I don't find it to be an issue.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten a bit away from the super tight MTL, leaning into the way more restricted DL type. It's basically what we have the option for, anymore, when looking for something new. Ones that work for me to date:

Eleaf GS
UD Goblin Mini (I prefer the v1 over the v2)
Kanger Subtank
Sense Herakles
Joytech Delta 2
iJust tank
Lemo Drop
UD Balrog Tank (a bit fiddly)

I used to solely rely on Protank 2's and the mini's with re-built heads/rayon.
I'm really glad you liked the herakles! I was worried recommending it that you'd end up hating it or something lol

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So ive said it a few times. I vape both DL and MTL. My normal daily vape lately has been either a Petri RDA, or indestructible, both with a SS fused Clapton build at 65-70 watts on the dna 200- or- Aeolus at 50 with a 24g build . Then in the evening when I relax, I go to either the NarDA on my REO or a kf4, aqua or elrkoenigin at 22w for mouth to lung.

I know a lot of us tend to walk both sides of that fence, but quite frankly there is not a whole lot of MTL gear newly coming to market, at a reasonable price. The tanks I mentioned above were far from cheap. Recently the Calix, GEM2 and even the new Russian that came out were all expensive. I'm looking to see what you guys use, that is a reasonably priced mtl vape. RDA or RTA, preferably single coil.

I saw the shorty mtl thread, but I thought I would start this, since not all MTL tanks are short.
By the way, thanks for starting this one. Hope we can keep it going.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
By the way, thanks for starting this one. Hope we can keep it going.
I'm glad to see it active, I didn't think many people stuck with mtl at all.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LADIES.......u like
Mouth to lung?

VAPE IT
tumblr_o1hvjtxtrY1tm7tjmo1_400_zpsts0jtebo.gif

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sad but true!!!
I remember a few months back, i was sitting at a coffee shop. I wasn't feelin well, so I had a kf4 with me. I vape the KF4 around 22-24w wide open. Someone with a douchebaggery level way up in ecf range, walked up with his tfv4 and sig150. He looked at my vaporshark dna200 and kayfun4 and says, "man, youre still on a kayfun! tsk tsk tsk, you need to get up with the good stuff!, try this out."

Little did captain douche realize...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't seen the Kayfun mini V3 mentioned here. This is a fantastic mtl tank. Easy top fill with juice control. The authentic is $100 but Vapenw has the Tobeco clone for $15. If you're looking for a true mtl tank do not overlook this tank. The only con for some would be the 2ml capacity. But it's so easy to fill that I don't find it to be an issue.

I agree, they are a awesome MTL tank, I have 2 2mil ones and also a plus version from fasttech, which is 3.5 mils. Last night I ordered 2 black ones from vapenw, which will take to me 5, and got them all in the last 2 weeks :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
90% MTL. It only seemed natural since I never smoked used a DL pull on a regular cigarette.

I'm glad to see it active, I didn't think many people stuck with mtl at all.

I agree with 70414; I didn't smoke by pulling it directly into my lungs, so I can't fathom why I would vape that way, even if my asthmatic lungs were ok with it -- and they're decidedly NOT.

But I just can't get with tanks anymore. I got some of my strawberry & cream, which is very highly flavored (30%), and I've been taking a break from for the last couple weeks, into my Kayfun nano this morning... and I just can't really taste it. Yeah I use cotton, Shiseido, but in the Achilles, there was maybe a 2-puff break-in period. I keep hoping if I keep trying to vape this kayfun nano, I'll start tasting it eventually... but so far, almost nada.

Really, really want some more REASONABLY priced tight-draw RDAs.

Andria

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kind of depressing!!! I have come to the conclusion that there is not really anything for me to buy that excites me. I hate that!!! Tried all kinds of tanks that don't suit me. I have found ways to tailor them to fit my style but really should not have to do that. The new stuff that is coming out is just getting farther and farther away from my style. I would love to try the Boreas but I know that it does not suit me so keep resisting. The only tank that I am waiting on is the Merlin. I place orders for other stuff but keep canceling them. In terms of boxes, the evic mini is my perfect box mod and nothing that comes out now has anything better than what I have with the mini so I don't have any desire to order them. I have 5 minis now so can't really justify buying more. I loved shinyitis (don't know how to spell that!!) and I want it back!!!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kind of depressing!!! I have come to the conclusion that there is not really anything for me to buy that excites me. I hate that!!! Tried all kinds of tanks that don't suit me. I have found ways to tailor them to fit my style but really should not have to do that. The new stuff that is coming out is just getting farther and farther away from my style. I would love to try the Boreas but I know that it does not suit me so keep resisting. The only tank that I am waiting on is the Merlin. I place orders for other stuff but keep canceling them. In terms of boxes, the evic mini is my perfect box mod and nothing that comes out now has anything better than what I have with the mini so I don't have any desire to order them. I have 5 minis now so can't really justify buying more. I loved shinyitis (don't know how to spell that!!) and I want it back!!!
Check out the Pico, they're damn nice mods. Other than that I got nothing for you.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out the Pico, they're damn nice mods. Other than that I got nothing for you.
Already cancelled an order for that. Figured it was a bit too small and it has no features that the mini does have as well.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I reached this point a while ago -- nearly a year. It's actually nice, saves a lot of money, so you can buy other cool stuff -- DIY supplies, or stuff unrelated to vaping -- recently ordered a big pkg of printer ink so I don't get so low I have to go pop $25 at Walmart for ONE color! And last night, ordered a keyboard folio case for my tablet -- when I first started vaping, I was like, "where's all this money coming from?" NOT BUYING CIGARETTES! :D Then I went thru about a year or a bit more of buying shitloads of vape stuff... now I don't even need much of that, so I buy OTHER goodies! :D

Andria

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Already cancelled an order for that. Figured it was a bit too small and it has no features that the mini does have as well.
I don't know of this concept, too small... :p I kid, all good, only thing I could think of. I love how well it fits in my shirt pocket.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I reached this point a while ago -- nearly a year. It's actually nice, saves a lot of money, so you can buy other cool stuff -- DIY supplies, or stuff unrelated to vaping -- recently ordered a big pkg of printer ink so I don't get so low I have to go pop $25 at Walmart for ONE color! And last night, ordered a keyboard folio case for my tablet -- when I first started vaping, I was like, "where's all this money coming from?" NOT BUYING CIGARETTES! :D Then I went thru about a year or a bit more of buying shitloads of vape stuff... now I don't even need much of that, so I buy OTHER goodies! :D

Andria
I just bought 2 kayaks. My wife and I are going to start doing that. I live just up the hill from an 85 mile long lake. I am going to buy a Balrog mod as it has a neck strap so I don't drop it in the water.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, I already had that one, but I did just order the RBA for it.

Which RBA can work in the Herakles and other Atlantis compatible tanks? I see the occasional aftermarket RBA, like Anyvape. Not sure if the Triton RBA would work. How do these perform compared to the stock coils?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just bought 2 kayaks. My wife and I are going to start doing that. I live just up the hill from an 85 mile long lake. I am going to buy a Balrog mod as it has a neck strap so I don't drop it in the water.

when I go out on the water, I have a clone mechanical wrapped with a clear jwrap. I keep it on the boat.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
when I go out on the water, I have a clone mechanical wrapped with a clear jwrap. I keep it on the boat.
Best to bring things that you don't really care about just in case. I canoed a lot when I was young but am pretty new to kayaking.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A mechanical does seem the best bet, if there's any risk of the mod going for a dip... no electronics to fuck up!

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure if the Triton RBA would work. How do these perform compared to the stock coils?
Mine showed up today, but I haven't taken the time to try it yet. I got the Triton RBA. I will report back when I get to it, though.
I am going to buy a Balrog mod as it has a neck strap so I don't drop it in the water.
I have one of these that I won in a contest here. I do like the mod, it's one of them in my daily rotation. I don't use the neckstrap, but it seems sturdy enough, for sure. It's just a tad heavy for me to "wear", lol. I was used to wearing an ego around my neck for so long.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are willing to try mesh and gennies (patience required) the SXK Nextiny clone is a great MTL tank, holds 3.5ml in a teensy form.
sxk-nextiny-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.jpg

It takes a bit of fiddling to get it built but the wick/coil will last a while once you do. Its the only MTL tank I bought two of. RDA wise there is the Nipple, very versatile - it can chuck clowdz too.
nipple-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-304-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.jpg

and thats only $6.99

both 3fvape

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A mechanical does seem the best bet, if there's any risk of the mod going for a dip... no electronics to fuck up!

Andria
I owned a mech once. Used it about twice and gave it to a friend of mine. Not my cup of tea!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I owned a mech once. Used it about twice and gave it to a friend of mine. Not my cup of tea!!

I have 2, for vapocalypse insurance. They're pretty... but they stay in the drawer for now, because I'd much rather have a screen, and power regulation (which I can get with a Kick, but it's not as convenient as a button or two).

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Best to bring things that you don't really care about just in case. I canoed a lot when I was young but am pretty new to kayaking.
I used kayak fish a lot! nothing like a 40lb bullred on light tackle when youre in a yak

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@mikeyboy74 & @always9988 I built the Triton RBA and it's in my Herakles tank, which uses Atlantis coils. Super easy to work on and works just fine! I ordered a replacement glass from Sweetvapes a couple days ago for a different tank, so I picked it up while I was there. It came with a bunch of o-rings, an extra insulator, a screwdriver, perfect for building on, extra screws and even a pre-wrapped coil.

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know the new SQuapeX is coming out (today maybe?). Are the SQuapes any good as far as flavor and MTL hits? I just never liked the look of the metal cage and steered clear of them just because of the looks.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer MTL, but did enjoy cloud chasing for a short while. I grew out of it though when I noticed my vape consumption was easily exceeding how much I used to smoke.

Besides genisis tanks, my notable favorites for MTL vaping would be the KFL+ until I started using a Squape Rs, and for RDA's, micro chambered drippers like the VA Cyclone or Hellfires are quite a treat.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know the new SQuapeX is coming out (today maybe?). Are the SQuapes any good as far as flavor and MTL hits? I just never liked the look of the metal cage and steered clear of them just because of the looks.

The Squape RS shelved my beloved Kayfun Lite Plus and KF4, so much easier to work on (except for filling if you don't use a needle tip bottle or syringe) and I think a much more consistent and flavorful vape. (super easy to use mesh too)

29boltt.jpg

(RS on a MikroEngineering 18500)

The Squape X seems to be an improvement over the Squape R if you want more room to build larger/fancier coils or want more airflow, but I think for simple single coil, MTL vaping, the RS is a much better pick.

Last edited:

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Another familiar face here now, good to see you Angibe.

VU Sponsors