that the top of the threads it kind of goes down toward sthe deck at an angle

is that correct

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
26g SS 316L. Ohms out to .2. @Mattp169 I think it's just the picture. The threads look normal and level.
I'm gonna have to try that build next, but need to order some ss first. I'm dying to try the Crius in TC mode.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok came home rebuilt and wicked my 4th deck that hasn't been used yet. I don't expect much from it as its identical to the previous three but who knows. So far first tank is going well without any liquid escaping but that's been the norm. Usually around the 4th tank is when I start experiencing problems. I will say that the juice ring does feel a bit tighter than the others but it may be my hopeful thoughts lolol.

@WARCHOP37 that's a super cool build you got. I may try that on the next build I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok came home rebuilt and wicked my 4th deck that hasn't been used yet. I don't expect much from it as its identical to the previous three but who knows. So far first tank is going well without any liquid escaping but that's been the norm. Usually around the 4th tank is when I start experiencing problems. I will say that the juice ring does feel a bit tighter than the others but it may be my hopeful thoughts lolol.

@WARCHOP37 that's a super cool build you got. I may try that on the next build I do.

Well yup. Three tanks in and bamm, wet sticky mod and juice flowing out. All I can say is Fuck Crius, Fuck OBS and fuck ever trying it again!!!!!!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media

Well yup. Three tanks in and bamm, wet sticky mod and juice flowing out. All I can say is Fuck Crius, Fuck OBS and fuck ever trying it again!!!!!!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
now accepting doations of all the leaky crius tanks.

i can use extra glass orings and drip tips

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been following crius threads closely lately wanting to buy a new tank and all I can gather is this tank is like your typical girl friends you love um part of the time but mostly they just piss you off. Guess I'll pass on this one and purchase a griffin.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've been following crius threads closely lately wanting to buy a new tank and all I can gather is this tank is like your typical girl friends you love um part of the time but mostly they just piss you off. Guess I'll pass on this one and purchase a griffin.

Just ordered the Griffin myself. This should retire my Crius tanks if all goes well

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered the Griffin myself. This should retire my Crius tanks if all goes well

I've been watching threads closely and I don't belive it's possible for them to leak other then with wicking issues the bottom assembly is one piece not like the press fitted crius juice flow control

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Plus the air flow holes coming up through the deck are raised like 2mm so you'd have to have some serious flooding for it to leak

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the best tank I currently own no leaks, but not a velocity style deck and defiantly not fitting 3mm Claptons in this guy.

4838a53401ffd2670f5b13f141863acd.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
This is the best tank I currently own no leaks, but not a velocity style deck and defiantly not fitting 3mm Claptons in this guy.

4838a53401ffd2670f5b13f141863acd.jpg

Mine is the crown lolol. But really need to find a great rta and the Griffin looks like it may do the job but I've been wrong before lolol

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Safe for us to assume it was coming out of the seam above the AFC ring, as opposed to the air intakes?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Safe for us to assume it was coming out of the seam above the AFC ring, as opposed to the air intakes?
Yup for sure. There was some around the afc but I think that was from juice running down from the juice ring right above the air flow holes

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been watching threads closely and I don't belive it's possible for them to leak other then with wicking issues the bottom assembly is one piece not like the press fitted crius juice flow control

That's a negative ghost rider... They are made the same. Deck is pressed into base.... Only difference is much better built, tighter, and mine hasn't leaked anything. Period.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a negative ghost rider... They are made the same. Deck is pressed into base.... Only difference is much better built, tighter, and mine hasn't leaked anything. Period.
Shows here removable deck with serviceable o rings
133fe7eae1a2cfd8c1bf03142991ae0c.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it say removable or show orings.
that could just be to show it off and not representative of how it disassembles

but seriously
if you all dont want your crius pm me for my address ill take the broken useless leaking piles o crap for extra orings tips and tanks.. since i have the one and only unleaking crius

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Shows here removable deck with serviceable o rings
133fe7eae1a2cfd8c1bf03142991ae0c.jpg

No it doesn't, it shows an exploded view of pieces. That o-ring on the base is for the glass. I could not get it apart and so far have not come across anyone that has. It appears to be pressed like the Crius.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll say this about the Crius; It ships with a pretty damn fine 510 drip tip (if ya ask me)... That drip tip alone is worth something. :)

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have an awful black v3 deck that came with a shattered insulator. I removed it and made a new insulator out of JB Weld, but it still leaks like a swiss cheese donut.

Wetvapes sent me 2 replacement black V3 decks (I don't know why I got 2, I only bought 1 Crius). They both work perfectly. after a couple weeks of use, niether has leaked a drop, and both have non-cracked insulators.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
For shits and giggles, I also ordered a Crius clone from FT. It's even better. Everything is snug and dry, and it has a peek insulator.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm going to await Wetvapes' response to @Mattp169's query before I abandon the Crius entirely. Even if I had to pay shipping, or even pay for the replacement, I'd rather rescue my Crius than throw away $30.

On the Griffin...
Plus the air flow holes coming up through the deck are raised like 2mm so you'd have to have some serious flooding for it to leak
My Billow V2 Nano's deck is like that. Good feature, IMO.

Wetvapes sent me 2 replacement black V3 decks (I don't know why I got 2, I only bought 1 Crius). They both work perfectly. after a couple weeks of use, niether has leaked a drop, and both have non-cracked insulators.
@jefx: Do they have the (additional) gasket Matt's has? Can you snap a (good) macro photo of one of them?

For shits and giggles, I also ordered a Crius clone from FT. It's even better. Everything is snug and dry, and it has a peek insulator.
I thought of doing the same, but I'm not really all that enamored of the Crius that I feel the need to replace the one I have, much less own two of them. Yeah: The top fill is nice, but I wonder about the longevity of the seal. And, yeah, the build deck is crazy nice to build on, but the flavour from that tank is only "ok," in my view. (My BV2N blows it away.)

That being said: Interesting info. OBS should be embarrassed that a knock-off at half the price is better-made than their original.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ordered the clone while I was waiting for my replacement deck from Wetvapes. I figured I could use the clone for spare parts to salvage my authentic, in the event that the replacement deck was also junk. Fortunately, both the replacement decks and the clone are flawless and work perfectly. When it's correctly manufactured, the Crius is seriously a pretty amazing tank. I have been using them exclusively for a couple weeks now (15-20 ml per day) with no leakage whatsoever.
Clone on the left, authentic on the right..... no extra deck seal on either of them.

3.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok folks here is the reply i got from wetvapes

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your order and sorry for late reply. After reading your message and looking at the pictures on vaping underground I checked a couple of crius in different color and only white ones have that ring on them. I don't think its a O ring of any kind and its simply just painted. I tried removing it and it does not come apart. I will forward this issue to OBS to get a better answer for you but from what I can see only white ones have this. I will keep you updated as I get more information from OBS.

Regards,
Raj
Wet Vapes inc

so my advice is get a white tank or white replacement deck

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your order and sorry for late reply. After reading your message and looking at the pictures on vaping underground I checked a couple of crius in different color and only white ones have that ring on them. I don't think its a O ring of any kind and its simply just painted. I tried removing it and it does not come apart. I will forward this issue to OBS to get a better answer for you but from what I can see only white ones have this. I will keep you updated as I get more information from OBS.

Regards,
Raj
Wet Vapes inc

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, OBS has to say about the problems we all are having with the Crius.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2nd tank in. Still bone dry. Things I'm doing: keeping airflow closed; I don't worry about the juice ports being closed because you guys have seen how I wick it. After filling, I make sure the top fill seal makes it all the way down. As I'm Vaping, I ensure I don't mess with the top fill seal and don't mess with the airflow or juice control much. In doing these things, I have yet you experience the weeping or seeping despite chain Vaping it.

This tank really is the hot, crazy girl of RTAs: everyone lusted after her, her looks and promise drew you in. Beautiful on the outside but looming bat-shit craziness composes her insides. You never know what's going set her off, so you walk on eggshells to keep her happy. You don't know when she's going to mess your world up and cry all over you or piss you off, but you know it's gonna happen; but you won't get rid of her because she's pretty, you've invested your money in her, and when she isn't such a raging bitch she's a great lay, so you continue to come back and try to make it work. This pretty much sums up our crazy bitch girlfriend named Crius.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... But she does have an insanely hot cousin named Griffin who's everything she is with none of the crazy; you're just waiting for her to be on the market so you can dump her ass and move on with your life.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't agree more!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Hello Matt,

Regards,
Raj
Wet Vapes inc
In your pictures that does not look like paint, to me. Besides: Why would they paint just that bit of that part?

That ain't gonna happen.

What will happen is eventually that tank will leak on me, again, I'll decide I've had enough, and retire the tank. Unless OBS actually fixes the problem.

I'm down to about the 1/4 mark on I guess what would be my second tank. It has not leaked again, since. So far.

I doubt I'll buy a Griffin unless they come out with a "mini" version--and perhaps not even then.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2nd tank in. Still bone dry. Things I'm doing: keeping airflow closed; I don't worry about the juice ports being closed because you guys have seen how I wick it. After filling, I make sure the top fill seal makes it all the way down. As I'm Vaping, I ensure I don't mess with the top fill seal and don't mess with the airflow or juice control much. In doing these things, I have yet you experience the weeping or seeping despite chain Vaping it.

This tank really is the hot, crazy girl of RTAs: everyone lusted after her, her looks and promise drew you in. Beautiful on the outside but looming bat-shit craziness composes her insides. You never know what's going set her off, so you walk on eggshells to keep her happy. You don't know when she's going to mess your world up and cry all over you or piss you off, but you know it's gonna happen; but you won't get rid of her because she's pretty, you've invested your money in her, and when she isn't such a raging bitch she's a great lay, so you continue to come back and try to make it work. This pretty much sums up our crazy bitch girlfriend named Crius.
Keeping air flow closed does effect anything in any way.

And funny analogy, but it's not even that hot. Compared to other offerings, it think it's rather cheap. It does vape great. But it's not worth it if it can do the most important thing for a tank... Keeping juice in the tank.

The pain on top isn't going to solve anything. If there is paint inside making the tolerances tighter that would help. I can't see that as anything other than a mistake. If that's a fix, it's a poor one.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In your pictures that does not look like paint, to me. Besides: Why would they paint just that bit of that part?

That ain't gonna happen.

What will happen is eventually that tank will leak on me, again, I'll decide I've had enough, and retire the tank. Unless OBS actually fixes the problem.

I'm down to about the 1/4 mark on I guess what would be my second tank. It has not leaked again, since. So far.

I doubt I'll buy a Griffin unless they come out with a "mini" version--and perhaps not even then.
The whole point of a griffin is build room if they made a mini griffin that served the purpose griffin is supposed to it would hold .5 ml probably not even.
The griffin is for people who build intricate coils not for someone who just wants a non leaky vape. If that's all you want get the tfv4 or crown tank.
I have both neither have ever leaked.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Why do you want a mini Griffin? It's not a maxi.
Same reason I had asked OBS if they were going to do a mini version of the Crius. Same reason there's a Billow V2 Mini. Same reason for any "mini" version: More flavour for less power.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The whole point of a griffin is build room if they made a mini griffin that served the purpose griffin is supposed to it would hold .5 ml probably not even.
The griffin is for people who build intricate coils not for someone who just wants a non leaky vape. If that's all you want get the tfv4 or crown tank.
I have both neither have ever leaked.

I'm not necessarily looking to build intricate or radical builds, just looking for something I can rebuild that has good flavor and cloud production without having to keep a towel around to mop up the leaks. If pre-made coils were as cheap as wire and cotton, I'd stick with them, but I don't think that asking for a rebuildable that doesn't leak is really asking too much. I still say OBS messed up by moving away from the top fill/juice control of the T-VCT. If they had made the Crius like that tank except with changes to the chamber/chimney to allow the Velocity deck to fit, it would've been damn near a perfect tank. I own two Crius' and also two T-VCT's the difference in construction quality between the two are like night and day.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
im telling ya get a white crius they seem to work for whatever reason
also still accepting donations of leaky crius for spare parts

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But that's the same thing with other tanks.... Color does make leaks. Newer tanks may be better. Newer tanks might have been modified. But color doesn't fix leaks. I have 2 black ones that leak, 2 that don't leak. Which is great they don't leak, but they will. But I could just as easily say black ones leak less. Doesn't matter. I don't know which came from what production run or batch. We have no idea if vendors were changed or assembly procedures changed. All we do know is color does not seal a leak. Not to mention I'm no fan of white.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
But that's the same thing with other tanks.... Color does make leaks. Newer tanks may be better. Newer tanks might have been modified. But color doesn't fix leaks. I have 2 black ones that leak, 2 that don't leak. Which is great they don't leak, but they will. But I could just as easily say black ones leak less. Doesn't matter. I don't know which came from what production run or batch. We have no idea if vendors were changed or assembly procedures changed. All we do know is color does not seal a leak. Not to mention I'm no fan of white.
you know everything you said is correct. but until proven otherwise I am correct as well :)

I know the color SHOULD not mean a thing when it comes to leaks. i would have to actually hold one of these leaky ones in my hands and compare it to my base. There HAS to be something different on mine. I dont think that white ring is paint. i mean REALLY??? if that flaked or something and contaminated my juice or wick or whatever. That just doesnt even make sense for a manufacturer to use paint inside a tank. Ive tried scraping it with my nail and a screw driver...no flaking. I swear its hard plastic or peek or something like that and its inserted between the collar of the deck and the collar of the threads but ill be damned if i can remove it. And honestly I havent tried hard to remove it because I dont want to damage the one and only leak free crius in the world.

But from teh pictures everyone has posted, the only difference i see is how close the threads are in height to the bottom of the juice ports. On many of the pics of the leaky decks it seems to my eye that the threads do not go as high as mine do. My white ring at the top of the threads is almost level with the bottom of the juice ports.

BUt this could all just be the photo angles and my eyes. Like I said if i had a leaky one I could do a side my side comparison.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you forgot
#BLUEANDWHITESPLATTERPATTERNTANKSMATTER and #ROSEGOLDTANKSMATTER Oh AND LETS NOT FORGET #LIMITEDEDITIONTWOTONECOLOREDTANKSMATTER

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Last night the juice was finally getting down to the point where it was just slightly over the juice ports. Still no leaks, weeps or seeps. I wanted to try a new flavour, so I dumped what remained (couldn't have been a half ml), rinsed the tank out under warm water and blew it out with compressed air, pulsed the wicks mostly dry-ish, wiped everything down and reloaded with a new 50/50 juice. Vaped all night. (I'm not in intense vaper, so we're only talking maybe a ml or so.) Removed the tank at the end of the evening, leaving juice control and air open, and stored it. (I keep 'em in recycled prescription medicine bottles.) Still dry as of this morning.

I've never found the RBA portion of a tank to be much good. They leak too!

The Kayfun V4 (clones) didn't leak really. But then they had the tightest draw in the world (and I have three that need rehoming). The fogger was just a water spout (sold), I never could get my Billows V2 not to leak (two that need rehoming) - and there's been a bunch more forgettables. Which is why I keep going back to the Crown OCC coils. I'm really perfectly happy with those, but I'd still like to find the ultimate rebuildable that's not an RDA (too high maintenance with the amount of juice I use, even though I'm very fond of my velocity mini).
My Kayfun V4 leak all the way since i bought it n stop till i put put n put more cotton in the RBAb,n well said the tank should be put in world guiness book of record for it tightness. . .

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6 tanks in, no leaks, no weeps. It's almost as if my Crius has become self aware and is now plotting against me, gaining my trust that everything's going to be okay. I think it knows I bought a Griffin and is waiting to ambush it in its sleep when it does show up. Still, she looks great and vapes like a champ.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
6 tanks in, no leaks, no weeps. It's almost as if my Crius has become self aware and is now plotting against me, gaining my trust that everything's going to be okay. I think it knows I bought a Griffin and is waiting to ambush it in its sleep when it does show up. Still, she looks great and vapes like a champ.
Im starting to wonder if one of 2 things is happening.
1. it really is a wicking issue of some sort..still feel that is highly unlikey
or
2. theres something going on when assembling the tank after building the coils that is not letting it all line up perfectly, and sometimes things are lined up fine and it doesnt leak, and then something happens - probably to do with turning the juice control that then makes it not line up and leak.
I wish i cold figure this all out and turn those crius you all have into to beautifully working tanks like mine. Th is is my go to tank. i go through 12 mls or so in it a day. its been about a week without 1 leak.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well my Griffin showed up today. A day earlier than expected. It's in hot uc now cleaning up. First impressions are it's very sturdy and solid. Nothing feels cheap on it

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ok well after fubbing up the wicking twice (my fault entirely) I got it running. Dual twisted 26 g ss around 3 mm with plenty room to spare. 7 wraps at .15. Wicked with rayon and this is a very nice smooth Vape on my vct mini in TC mode set at 500 degrees 49 watts

VU Sponsors