Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Title doesn't ring a bell.... Big Trouble in Little China? No? A different trouble? I'll have to go look it up.
I liked the first Airplane but wasn't so thrilled with the second one (over-use of all the bad jokes?). Flashing and beeping and flashing and beeping...
Big Trouble. A comedy with Tim Allen.
Funny. Wife and I both really liked it. Which is rare ;)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see Rich was here today, guess that means it was raining like hell?
I was just taking a break this morning because I found one of my favorite cats dead at the side of the highway and it produced an extreme emotional response - enough that I could not focus on work tasks. In the 14+ years we have been here, we have never had an animal killed by being run over. Tigger was almost five years old and was born here, the only survivor (we assume) of his litter during a blizzard. We found this tiny kitten crying in the dog training shelter next to the barn... no litter mates survived and no mommy to be found. We brought him in the house and had the most wonderful relationship over the years and now he is gone.

But today's troubled did not stop there. I tried to mow some more this afternoon and halfway through that, the riding mower cut out and lost all its power. I have no idea what is wrong. This is the one that was just repaired last summer (new piston rings on a mower only one year old - TroyBilt).

Then all hell broke loose. Another super cell came over. Lots of lightning, Lots of rain, so it got dark earlier than normal. As of this time, it is still pouring down out there.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to hear about Tiger Rich, pets are part of the family too.
Tigger was named after that cartoon character from Winnie the Pooh. While he was an orange tabby (and lots of people then name them Tiger because of the stripes), this guy, when he was young, used to bounce around and looked like he was launching off his tail like the cartoon -- Tigger, RIP

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it really is we haven't had but one half way good rain since the snow, it always goes North or South of us or just disapates
That is what happens in the desert SW, can be raining like hell a half a mile away, and sunny where you are located. I'm sure Rich remembers that all too well

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
pets are part of the family
Addendum: Those cats and dogs who live indoors are like our children. Those who live outdoors are also family, but more like brothers, sisters, cousins. I would feel bad (and I have) over the loss of an outside animal (I felt ill a long time when my Tennessee Walking Horse died unexpectedly), and the indoor ones who get sick and we know they will be leaving us soon, we have time to adjust to the pending loss, so even though it still hurts, we were prepared for it. Tigger was like my son and he went out last night and I found him dead this morning. The shock was unbearable.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is what happens in the desert SW, can be raining like hell a half a mile away, and sunny where you are located. I'm sure Rich remembers that all too well
Only too well, Dale, and I was a USAF weather forecaster while I lived in Tucson. Try explaining to the general's wife why she hung the clothes on the line and got rained on when I forecast sun at the base and she was only five miles away.:crazy:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not sure if Tucson received dust storms like we do....did you have the incredible dust (dirt) in Tucson?
Not anywhere near as bad as the greater Phoenix area. You guys are primarily on the flat -- nothing to stop or buffer the wind; Tucson is 80% surrounded by mountains (both high and low). The thunderstorms could be nasty, but the dust storms were marginal until you got west of the west hills (like out at Old Tucson movie studios).

I just realized my 5 year vapeaversary was May 4th
CongaRats, Jimi.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not anywhere near as bad as the greater Phoenix area. You guys are primarily on the flat -- nothing to stop or buffer the wind; Tucson is 80% surrounded by mountains (both high and low). The thunderstorms could be nasty, but the dust storms were marginal until you got west of the west hills (like out at Old Tucson movie studios).

CongaRats, Jimi.
Kind of figured that, since I don't ever remember any news about a horrific dust storm in Tucson. Yep, when the monsoon season begins the winds come from the south, between here and Tucson it wide open flat land

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CongaRats, Jimi.
Thanks Rich

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope last soffin nail i had was the morning of May 4th 2013. Pretty proud of that i use to smoke 3 - 4 packs a day
Wow, you were really sucking them babies down.....:giggle:

I smoked about a pack-a-day for over 40 yrs, that was bad enough. It's nothing short of a miracle they didn't kill me. My last chest x-ray looks like I never smoked in my life. Incredible how the body can heal itself, after so so much abuse.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just taking a break this morning because I found one of my favorite cats dead at the side of the highway and it produced an extreme emotional response - enough that I could not focus on work tasks. In the 14+ years we have been here, we have never had an animal killed by being run over. Tigger was almost five years old and was born here, the only survivor (we assume) of his litter during a blizzard. We found this tiny kitten crying in the dog training shelter next to the barn... no litter mates survived and no mommy to be found. We brought him in the house and had the most wonderful relationship over the years and now he is gone.

But today's troubled did not stop there. I tried to mow some more this afternoon and halfway through that, the riding mower cut out and lost all its power. I have no idea what is wrong. This is the one that was just repaired last summer (new piston rings on a mower only one year old - TroyBilt).

Then all hell broke loose. Another super cell came over. Lots of lightning, Lots of rain, so it got dark earlier than normal. As of this time, it is still pouring down out there.
Damn sorry you lost a good friend.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, you were really sucking them babies down.....:giggle:

I smoked about a pack-a-day for over 40 yrs, that was bad enough. It's nothing short of a miracle they didn't kill me. My last chest x-ray looks like I never smoked in my life. Incredible how the body can heal itself, after so so much abuse.
I smoked for 48+ years the day i bought my first mod was the day I quit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
At 12 years old, the Marlboro reds were a pack a month -- I had to walk a long way to hide this from everyone. Then a few years without, then a pack a week (even a teenager had no problems at 18 cents a pack). Then I started Camels at 18 (basic training - smoke 'em if ya got 'em) and that went on for 50 years at a pack a day up to two packs a day in the end. Nope, no lung cancer, which is amazing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I smoked for 48+ years the day i bought my first mod was the day I quit.
Same here, Jimi...used 24mg juice, thought it tasted so much better than Marlboros, I haven't had a smoke since the day I bought the vape pen and aspire atomizer....then things went to hell in a hen-basket quickly....prolly bought 10K in shit the last 3.5 yrs......:cry:...:facepalm:....:teehee:

The last year, I haven't bought anything except a couple cheap bottom fed atties.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here, Jimi...used 24mg juice, thought it tasted so much better than Marlboros, I haven't had a smoke since the day I bought the vape pen and aspire atomizer....then things went to hell in a hen-basket quickly....prolly bought 10K in shit the last 3.5 yrs......:cry:...:facepalm:....:teehee:

The last year, I haven't bought anything except a couple cheap bottom fed atties.
I still have my first mod an MVP1

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Could not like this post at all - very sorry Rich

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
bought 10K in shit the last 3.5 yrs......:cry:...:facepalm:..
Let's do some math: Given that Lannie and I were both consuming five cartons each per month just before we started vaping, and the current price of cigarettes here in South Dakota, if purchased at Walmart or a grocery store, is about $60/carton, that would mean that, on a cigarette budget, we should be able to spend $600/month on vape gear. So your 3.5 years would equal over $25,000 in cigarettes. Anything less than that spent on vape gear, I would be patting myself on the back. Now, reality: We currently spend an average of maybe $50/month on flavors, VG, PG, accessories, so we should be wealthy with all the money saved, right? Nope. Cost of gas and food, taxes, etc., has gone up so much that we still have no savings.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given that Lannie and I were both consuming five cartons each per month just before we started vaping, and the current price of cigarettes here in South Dakota, if purchased at Walmart or a grocery store, is about $60/carton, that would mean that, on a cigarette budget, we should be able to spend $600/month on vape gear. So your 3.5 years would equal over $25,000 in cigarettes. Anything less than that spent on vape gear, I would be patting myself on the back. Now, reality: We currently spend an average of maybe $50/month on flavors, VG, PG, accessories, so we should be wealthy with all the money saved, right? Nope. Cost of gas and food, taxes, etc., has gone up so much that we still have no savings.
I'm not sure what cartons of smokes cost here now, last time I bought a single pack they were pushing the 8-buck range

VU Sponsors