Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the things that you dislike in rx200 other than the form factor?
Actually the form factor is 1 of the reasons I love the RX200 it fits perfectly in my hand.
I have quite large hands due to being a big dude.
The funny thing is my wife hates big mods cause she's tiny if it weren't for the weight she'd totally get an RX200 cause it fits perfectly in her very dainty hands too...Weird but true.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you use a higher TCR then you would use a negative temperature offset.
For Example when people were using Ti wire in their Ni200 setting (Ti has a lower TCR than Ni200) they had to back down the temperature to get the desired effect. Hope that answered your question.

So if you want it to be cooler decrease the TCR. For hotter, increase the TCR.

Cheers,
Steve
I'd think using a Ti-Coil in Ni200 mode would just be a bad idea I might be wrong but my brain just screams "Don't do it!"

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't played much with the TCR settings. I had found an article on wake and vape explaining TCR using; "The TCR of pure Nickel is approximately 0.006. This means that for every °C hotter a Ni200 wire gets, its resistance rises by (0.006 * <starting resistance>)Ω. So for a coil that starts at 1.0Ω, every degree °C of heating will increase its resistance by 0.006Ω (0.006 *1). For a coil that starts at 0.1Ω, each degree will increase resistance by 0.0006Ω (0.006 * 0.1)". -link below. Your chart is much more useful. Is there anything to be gained by tweaking TCR, for instance the Default SS/vs M1 with custom TCR's , can you tell a difference?

http://www.wakeandvape.com/blog/temperature-control-and-rdas-in-vapes/
Neither have I mostly because I honestly don't really understand it.
I've seen the chart thingy that @BillW50 put up a few posts back and get that,but then the question becomes why is every Ni200 coil-head I've ever seen 0.15 Ohms.And that is what keeps causing all my confusion and frustration.Am I missing something here?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crown Vapes fine on the RX with the SS coils and the 3.0 upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Still not sure I Need/Want to upgrade mine.
I'd do it for sure if it made the Font easier to read for my sadly aging eyes.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As some may know I did purchase a second RX200 with a Crown Tank. Picked it up at a local vape shop for near VaporDNA pricing. Paid for one battery, got the other two free with two free 30mil bottles of juice and four free beers.
If I got a deal like that at Juicebox or Frisco Vapor I'd never leave.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wrap my own as coils.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
I sadly have to rely on coil-heads as my wrapping my own days are over.I tried making a micro single coil using my puck just last week.It took me damn near 15 minutes and my hands hurt like fuck the whole time not to mention for most of the rest of the day I wasn't a happy camper.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sadly have to rely on coil-heads as my wrapping my own days are over.I tried making a micro single coil using my puck just last week.It took me damn near 15 minutes and my hands hurt like fuck the whole time not to mention for most of the rest of the day I wasn't a happy camper.
Get a kuru coil jig. It works wonders.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd think using a Ti-Coil in Ni200 mode would just be a bad idea I might be wrong but my brain just screams "Don't do it!"

No, it's fine. With one caveat.

There've been plenty of Ti vapers long before Ti modes became common outside of DNAs, SX Minis etc. So you just use Ni mode and turn the temp down.

Now it's Stainless TC mode that's not quite yet common on budget mods.
Same deal... drop the temp and use Ti mode.

Now the caveat...
Unless you do a dry cotton or water test to calibrate an adjustable TCR mod, my guess is you've lost dry hit protection. For the most part, at least.
But you can still have the upper limit temp control, it's just not the temp that's displayed. :p

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using that scenario as an example while answering another members question. He was asking about how using a higher or lower TCR setting affected temperature.

Back when TC first came out, no mods had a Ti setting. The only setting mods had was Ni200 so if you wanted to use Ti wire you had to use a negative temperature offset in the Ni200 setting. I wasn't suggesting he do that now. You took my post out of context.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He just latched on to what sounded like a generally bad idea, rightfully so.
Like the Kanthal in Ni mode trick for the D2.

But both are fine... if you understand why it works.

You know we've spent too much time having to tell newbs to stop using their Ni in power mode. On the face of it, it doesn't sound much better. :p

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using that scenario as an example while answering another members question. He was asking about how using a higher or lower TCR setting affected temperature.

Back when TC first came out, no mods had a Ti setting. The only setting mods had was Ni200 so if you wanted to use Ti wire you had to use a negative temperature offset in the Ni200 setting. I wasn't suggesting he do that now. You took my post out of context.
Knew I might be wrong and I can happily say thank you for easing my worries.It's 1 less thing I have to stress out about now. :)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He just latched on to what sounded like a generally bad idea, rightfully so.
Like the Kanthal in Ni mode trick for the D2.

But both are fine... if you understand why it works.

You know we've spent too much time having to tell newbs to stop using their Ni in power mode. On the face of it, it doesn't sound much better. :p
As I said in my last post.I knew I might be wrong.Honestly the more I can learn about this stuff the more I'll be able to help others understand it as well.
I'm old and stubborn but I ain't stupid I'll catch up all in good time...Cheers!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

But... you weren't even wrong.
You stated an opinion that the practice sounds like a bad idea.
Well... it does.
We work with a number of fairly non-specific warnings about how we use some of these materials. This just happens to be a case where the specific concern is unneeded.

It's just a kludge that others worked out.
Stay cautious and take 'em one at a time, because you know there'll be more. :D

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy crap! I finally got around to slapping an ni200 coil in my Herakles and setting TC back up on the RX. What a damn revelation! This seems to be what it SHOULD be now. I've got it set to 470 f at 40w with tcr set to 620. Is this about right? It's mighty tasty like this. I didn't know what I'd been missing since it's such a pain in the ass and or weak on other TC mods.

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just getting into the RX200. Did the update. I now am using a Delta 2 tank with the Ti heads in it. (0.5)ohms.
Trouble finding a setting that won't "temp protect" and still get good flavor.
Any suggestions?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just getting into the RX200. Did the update. I now am using a Delta 2 tank with the Ti heads in it. (0.5)ohms.
Any suggestions?
There's a pic of the new settings floating around some place in this thread or you could just ask @Deucesjack

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Found the chart right after I sent the post. That's a start.
Thanks for responding.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any suggestions?
Try turning down the wattage under TC. If you get Temp Protect too much, the wattage is too high. If it never gets to Temp Protect while vaping then wattage is too low. It should be toggling in and out of Temp Protect while vaping. That is the perfect wattage setting under TC. YMMV.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try turning down the wattage under TC. If you get Temp Protect too much, the wattage is too high. If it never gets to Temp Protect while vaping then wattage is too low. It should be toggling in and out of Temp Protect while vaping. That is the perfect wattage setting under TC. YMMV.
It's a fine balance on this mod. With .1 Ni coils, I use 580*F and about 80w. I like 2-3 second draws and I want the vape to be the warmest right at the end of the draw. Turning the watts down is the way to achieve that just barely hitting temp protect at the end of the draw. Too low and it's too cool, too high and it protects too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So..... Evolve. Still holding out for $80 for the chip alone?
At these prices, its only a matter of time before some hardcore bad ass uber geeks from hell, reverse engineer the firmware, and write a command interperter to intergrate the RX with Lightscribe.
I'm talking about men who will never experience female companionship, or sunlight, or emerge from their parents basements for any extended periods of time. The mad monks of microchip mayhem. They dream in binary, and could solder surface mount components before they could ride bicycles. OK, they will never ride bicycles, but Evolve, take heed...... Your pricing model realy needs to...... um...... Evolve.

He he... This just in:

http://daisychainvaper.com/wismec-rx200-cool-new-geometric-font/

rxdisp.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any info on the 3.10 update aside from the upgrade to 250 watts in power mode? I wish they would explain what's included with it on their website

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any info on the 3.10 update aside from the upgrade to 250 watts in power mode? I wish they would explain what's included with it on their website

I've heard talk of font adjustments but other than the 250w, I can't seem to find any difference.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Shogun1024 posted this in the boreas thread...
also added a profile for ss316l and 2-3 profile tabs similar to the dna200

316L profile was already in the old update but maybe they changed it or something? No idea
2 to 3 profile tabs... talking about tcr memories? Already existed.
Maybe it is just a bump to the watt limit.

I will be updating tonight when I get home. Like skt to stay updated, not for 250w.

Edit... that looks like the last updates changes with the exception of 250w.

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its been about 6 months I've had my RX.

It has been dropped. Many times. It has been subjected to constant use, fiddeling, flashing

Other than paint worn off from use in a few places, mine is still working perfectly. The RX is the best value for dollar vaping product I've ever purchased.

And it keeps getting better.

In fact, the RX is my 2015 winner of my personal Above and Beyond Reasonable Expectation Award.

My RX cost me $60 CAD, It functions better now than when it was new, it has more features than when it was new, it has more power than when it was new.

When are Wisemech and Jaybo going to produce a car?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In fact, the RX is my 2015 winner of my personal Above and Beyond Reasonable Expectation Award.

Wow! I find this so interesting that people love them so much. I bought two right away and I really don't like the cheap paint (especially the black one), the screen, and the silly chip. At least they were my gateway drug to the wonderful world of those DNA200 mods.

F

fckaugust8th

Wow! I find this so interesting that people love them so much. I bought two right away and I really don't like the cheap paint (especially the black one), the screen, and the silly chip. At least they were my gateway drug to the wonderful world of those DNA200 mods.
Depending on your income bracket, you may opt to buy the much more expensive DNA200 mods, but keep in mind that some of us working stiffs still can enjoy higher wattage mods at an affordable price. The chip may be silly, but it works and it works well. At the end of the day, you have the beautiful DNA200 and I have the chipped paint RX200 (250 watts now) but we both vape the same. The reason people like the RX200 so much is because most anyone can afford to spend $45 for a powerful mod.

F

fckaugust8th

If you're not flubber handed, it might be in nice condition. If you're like me and drop it, abuse it continuously, then.....

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Well, you could always send them to me ... I'm hard on my mods anyway, cheap paint is the least of my worries ... :D

VU Sponsors