1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

The VU Beater Mod Challenge - Closes 10/24/18 (7 Prizes Available)

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by KingPin!, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Can't complain :cheers:, but...

Letitia9, CrazyChef v2.0 and KingPin! like this.
  2. Drewcantwrap

Drewcantwrap New Member

Blog Posts:
    So you need name in the pic with the mod?!?!?

Letitia9 and KingPin! like this.
  3. Drewcantwrap

Drewcantwrap New Member

Blog Posts:
    20181008_232525.jpg Sorry i forgot the user name last time.

JuicyLucy, Pegleg Meg, Mowgli and 4 others like this.
  4. Drewcantwrap

Drewcantwrap New Member

Blog Posts:
    Done

5. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Thanks mate :cheers:

Pegleg Meg and Letitia9 like this.
  6. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    That thing looks like a war hero. Whats the story with that thing?

7. philbh

philbh Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Nothing earth-shattering, as it is a common issue to lose paint on these. BUT it has been through a lot and keeps on tickin'
    upload_2018-10-9_18-57-37.png

8. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Isn't that the very definition of a beater mod?;)

JuicyLucy, Pegleg Meg, Mowgli and 4 others like this.
  9. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    That Alien looks to be about 3 weeks old. :)

10. Lotus Insane

Lotus Insane Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My beater. Daily driver, dropped many times. In one image you can see a bubbling of the paint on the front, no idea how that's happening. Dinged up, bashed up, still fires all the time. (Screen on Image) --> Does the LED light count? And yeah, rocking the Kennedy on top. Enjoy the horror.

Mod - Charon 218 Adjustable (Variable Voltage)

Beater1.jpg
    Beater2.jpg
    Beater3.jpg
    Beater4.jpg
    Beater5.jpg Beater6.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  11. jwill

Blog Posts:
    I would use that mod. Its like a old friend.

KingPin! and Letitia9 like this.
  12. Lotus Insane

Blog Posts:
    Crap forgot to write what mod it is... editing original post...

13. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Love the beater mate! unfortunately we can’t count an LED as a screen, have you got any others?

Letitia9 and MWorthington like this.
  14. Lotus Insane

Blog Posts:
    Sadly, I have no others that could be entered into this challenge. Though I do hope to see other well loved, daily use mods entered. Keep the images coming everyone!

jwill, Letitia9, MWorthington and 2 others like this.
  15. Drewcantwrap

Drewcantwrap New Member

Blog Posts:
    First mod i ever bought. It has been stolen 2 times and recovered. Has it 2nd or 3rd board in it now. Thats not why the screen is wrong. That bc it is on its ** (god only knows) set of faceplates. After i switched mods that still was my beater for work or going hiking. Then i got into doing custom paint and patina jobs and it became my test subject. Still fires just fine. I actually ised it half the night i took the pic just for shits and giggles.

KingPin!, jwill and Letitia9 like this.
  16. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    My Segelei Kaos has seen better days, I had to tape it together for the top to stay on, and if the tank leaks it goes straight in the mod to the battery, then my batteries are drenched and I have to wipe them down. This is my beater!

Attached Files:

17. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Gilly :cheers: how you liking the forum so far?

jwill likes this.
  18. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I love it!! Everything about this forum is great!! I always have soo much to read, and the deals help me with my obsession of wanting more stuff!

19. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Good to hear matey ...sounds like your beater is on its last legs :sad: got a back up kit?

Letitia9 and GillyDaKidd78 like this.
  20. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I have a couple but my favorite right now is the Voopoo Drag, but I still get plenty use from my mech's too!

21. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Nice what mechs have you got?

22. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have the Augvape squonk, VPDam squonk, and Panzer BlackHawk

23. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am still fairly new to the mech mods, but I love them so far! I wanted to do all my homework before starting my mech journey. I have been vaping for almost 3 years and stayed to regulated til this last few months now.

24. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Good move, took me a fair while before
    I felt comfortable making the jump as well, I do enjoy them especially seeing some of the kits our community has

We did originally discuss adding mechs and unregulated beaters to this challenge but in the end we settled on wanting to see how many regulated mods go the distance within the community.

25. GillyDaKidd78

GillyDaKidd78 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad it's not mechs too, there is more competition with just regulated mods, imo

Pegleg Meg, Letitia9 and KingPin! like this.
  26. Lotus Insane

Blog Posts:
    If you guys do a beater challenge in other mod categories, would the charon be more in the mech category, or unregulated, or is it just a weird mix that doesn't fit into a category?

KingPin! and Pegleg Meg like this.
  27. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:

The Charon 218 definitely counts, the Charon Adjustable doesn't have a screen - I call it regulated because it has a potentiometer, but doesn't have all the "gadge inside" this challenge calls for haha

KingPin!, Letitia9 and f1r3b1rd like this.
  28. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I agree with meg. It fits the definition of regulated. You set the output. It just dowrsnt have a screen. The hexohm is another in the same category.

KingPin!, Letitia9 and Pegleg Meg like this.
  29. Canadian Vaper

Canadian Vaper Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    My Black Charon Adjustable looks about the same, I also have the stainless one, it still looks freakin new, man wish the black had a better paint job...

30. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I wish more mods came in a raw stainless finish.
    When I first started vaping, I refused to buy anything painted. I sold a 5 year old provari last year; and, it still looked brand new.

31. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just got downgraded to beater status...
    vaporshark dna250 with tugboat/crispycap.
    (Born in date 12-03-15)

Originally purchased as a dna200; but, I had vaporshark swap out the board when the 250 was released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!, inspects and Letitia9 like this.
  32. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good idea, hadn't thought about that....!

Letitia9, f1r3b1rd and KingPin! like this.
  33. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Week and half left to get them beaters up folks before we close this one out an announce the awards!

next challenge is in our line up will open shortly after.... the “You Watt” challenge. This one is in our build category for all those out there who like using rebuildables
    :vino:

34. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Only 6 days left to show us your beaters and win. The sponsors,Pure Coils, Wotofo, and Heaven Gifts have offered up some pretty sweet prizes to win.

35. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    T minus 4 days remaining for your entries

36. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Lucky three - show us your beaters!

37. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Here is my 1st therion, had many happy hours vaping off it, and still gets used from time to time now, all the finish has come off the cframe and the leather looks like crap, can see wear under the fire button from how many times it’s been fired, but still works as well as the day I got it.

3670E062-C5C8-4FB5-B3F8-0734B3D8CF70.jpeg E2F40AB7-1008-4945-8D00-2341EDC78533.jpeg FB563E53-E2B8-4D23-8402-6384E191D03B.jpeg

KingPin!, Letitia9 and f1r3b1rd like this.
  38. Nailz

Blog Posts:
    Then there is my wife’s beater, it’s not actually that old, but she is rough on her mods, throws them in her purse and drops it on the floor nearly every day, hence why she doesn’t use my mods :)

5F7C4B14-73C8-40F7-A1D6-17C769199C07.jpeg 46C9C1C9-69F4-46C1-BC8A-3C5215F53AC7.jpeg

Attached Files:

39. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Think the wife has you beat.:teehee:

40. Nailz

Blog Posts:
    She sure has, but I’m ok with that, I try hard to keep my mods looking good ;)

wildgypsy70, KingPin! and Letitia9 like this.
  41. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    She IS the durability test

42. Nailz

Blog Posts:
    The only mod that has with stood her abuse, is the provari radius, she stole it from me when I 1st got it, and I cried a little inside thinking of her bashing it up, but she used it for a year, and it still looks great, that shows the durability of provari mods :)

43. f1r3b1rd

Blog Posts:
    There is no denying they built tanks!
    I still wish I would have kept my radius.

44. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    A wife beater :giggle:

45. OmagaWright

OmagaWright Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    (Raises both hairy palms) Yay!

46. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Mod Team Leader

Blog Posts:
    I remember back in the days of vaping past we used ego or ego twist style devices with Kanger Evod, MT3s, or mini protank atomizers my girlfriend would always end up with one in the couch where it got sat on and broken.

Id have to crazy glue the spot where the ego connector was press fitted on at the top right above the fire button.

She even had it happen to an actual mod with a regular size kanger protank too.

This is back in mid 2013 when China was just starting to jump in to the mod / vape industry and they had stuff like the innokin itaste SVD and the Vamo.

This mod (i forget the name) was a really cool looking mod because it was chrome had mirror tint over the screen so the screen was almost invisible unless the screen was lit up.

Anyway it got sat on and broke below the 510/ego connection where the (Plastic:facepalm:) mirror tint started.

I got her a box mod after that and told her if she sits on this one then she will get to enjoy a kanger protank up the ass:giggle:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018 at 11:14 PM
  47. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    itaste SVD Evolv 20w was my first mod. :giggle:

48. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My first RX 200..... I think it's serial number 0000014

It's from 2015 and has been painted 4 times......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018 at 12:33 AM
    Nailz, Wtmke1, Letitia9 and 2 others like this.
  49. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Nice manny, and from the first batch! if you got another pic of the screen on with forum name we can enter you mate

50. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    :giggle::giggle::giggle:

JuicyLucy and Letitia9 like this.