Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm no fan of the GOP, but they have been the only ones even remotely supporting and most importantly sponsoring anything blocking the full court press to kill vaping.

The head of the DNC herself is pressuring all in the party to kill vaping. So what does that tell you?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Pluck the bitches fingernails out with channel locks....!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lucy-WHAT.gif

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't be so shocked Huck. I'm pissed. I'm fucking beyond pissed. I'm monumentally pissed. I'm ready to take it to the streets. I'm ready to grab a congressman and make him listen.

This shit pisses me off beyond belief.

Instead of having easily bruised sensibilities, or laying down and spreading our collective buttcheeks for big tobacco to shove cigarettes in our fucking asses, the time is NOW to get PISSED THE FUCK OFF!!!!!

The time is now to say "hey you fatass fat cats sucking on big tobacco's big, swinging, pendulous teats - THIS FUCKING SHIT WILL NOT STAND!!!!!"

I'm fucking mad as hell! It's time to get pissed and let those assholes know we are!

It's like the old joke where all the stoners slept on the date to go vote for or against legal weed. Did we sleep on this bullshit, or could anything have been done before now?

My bottom line is that vaping helped me quit a pack and half smoking habit, and here the government is trying to regulate "vapor" as a fucking tobacco product?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't be so shocked Huck. I'm pissed. I'm fucking beyond pissed. I'm monumentally pissed. I'm ready to take it to the streets. I'm ready to grab a congressman and make him listen.

This shit pisses me off beyond belief.

Instead of having easily bruised sensibilities, or laying down and spreading our collective buttcheeks for big tobacco to shove cigarettes in our fucking asses, the time is NOW to get PISSED THE FUCK OFF!!!!!

The time is now to say "hey you fatass fat cats sucking on big tobacco's big, swinging, pendulous teats - THIS FUCKING SHIT WILL NOT STAND!!!!!"

I'm fucking mad as hell! It's time to get pissed and let those assholes know we are!

It's like the old joke where all the stoners slept on the date to go vote for or against legal weed. Did we sleep on this bullshit, or could anything have been done before now?

My bottom line is that vaping helped me quit a pack and half smoking habit, and here the government is trying to regulate "vapor" as a fucking tobacco product?
No I hear ya. I do. I smoked for 30 years, roughly the same amount as you. Do I think we slept or could've done more? Hard to say, really, I'm pretty sure we all knew this was coming. IT DOES SUCK! BIG ONES. I DON'T wanna go back to smoking. I want people that want to quit smoking now to have this available to them still. I've done the petitions, I've done the letters, and I know there's still more we all feel we could do. I really don't know if they would listen. If they were listening to us, that would mean they care. If they cared, we wouldn't be transported back to 2007.

It's not too late. People with the ability to understand all the particulars, any loopholes, anything that CAN make a difference, they're out there trying to do just that, so that WE can be better informed on what to do next. I'm hoping for the next. The now feels really sucky.

EVERYONE JOIN CASAA, EVERYONE DO SOMETHING. Do what these organizations have been imploring us to do from the time we even heard of them. Follow the calls to action. Be a part of the WE!!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes ma'am! Great advice! Please, please, everybody get involved! I am already in any way I can. Vaping saved my fucking life. I'm ready to stand up and be counted to defend it. I want smokers to have the better option. This can not stand.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I smoked for over 40 years, I quit smoking the same day I began vaping. Also helped many other people stop smoking. This is what it's about, helping others who haven't yet found that vaping could potentially save their life. The gov wants to outlaw that for one reason only...MONEY from BT, they could care less who lives or dies. I'll fight these fucking idiots until the day I DIE if necessary.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have meandered to 1mg nic from 24mg,,most of this week has been 0 nic as i concentrate on flavors.......that has been a bigger battle than the smoking to vaping transition........ugh!!!!
I as well started on 24mg. Down to 6mg now. Tried going down to 3mg but battery life sucked. LOL CHEERS!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the gov is telling me what I can and cannot do, including Harm Reduction, it makes me what to start civil disobedience in a Grand Fashion.
the scary part,, is this same group has made people into lab rats instead of demanding the drugs they monitor & approve actually cure........its all about kickback money with the FDA,,,,,,,,,its not about data.

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since it is all about money why didn't Casaa hire lobbyists? Grease the palms of our DC masters?
Congress is not about governing, it's about filthy rich.
'Calls to Action'-----Petitions are no substitute for MONY..

HVPGH

Member For 4 Years
I started stocking up on nicotine about six months ago and it looks like the deep sales on it have pretty much stopped. I expect prices to rise during the intermission between this Draconian regulatory bull and the time they make purchasing it very difficult. I'm full intending to buy some premium stuff now cause it looks like this might be the last opportunity to do so at a reasonable price for the near future.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In Canada ("E-cigarette products, including e-liquids, that contain any amount of nicotine or have a health claim fall within the scope of the Food and Drugs Act and require approval by Health Canada before they can be imported, advertised or sold in Canada. Health Canada has not approved any e-cigarette with nicotine for sale; it is not permitted to be sold."

According to Health Canada, this is the law.

But since 2009, despite scores of cease-and-desist letters and tens of thousand of dollars worth of e-cigarettes and e-liquids being effectively turned away at the Canadian border, a number of Canadian e-cigarette companies have stubbornly insisted that Health Canada is wrong about the law. And University of Ottawa law professor David Sweanor says they might be right.

"Just because a government entity says something is illegal, doesn't mean it is," explained Sweanor. "That's not how it works in a constitutional democracy. You can say, 'You're wrong. I'll see you in court.'"

This is just what Canadian e-cigarette companies have done, and Health Canada has not pursued court cases that would force the judicial system to settle indeterminacy around e-cigarettes.

In this legal grey zone Canada's e-cigarette industry has boomed.)*

Which begs the question: Can the fda be sued or otherwise legally compelled to back off before they ultimately cause us to revert to smoking and kill ourselves with tobacco?

[*Quote from Vice]

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
I have enough nic. to do over 250 liters, vg and pg are used around here in the livestock trade, flavors, the little old church ladies will know where to get those. Wire over 1000 feet and enough cotton to stuff a dozen pillows, batteries 100 in cold dry storage. Just made an order for more nic., wire and 2 cases of hg2's. I can switch from the over 3 dozen regulated mods back to my 2 dozen mechs as I need to. In less than 10 days I should be good 'till the next coming. But I'm in my mid sixties so how long can that be?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"The FDA does not have regulatory authority over products to be used in conjunction with m*rijuana," he says. "If it doesn't meet the ['made or derived from tobacco'] statutory definition of 'tobacco product' we would not have that authority. If it meets the definition of a tobacco product, we have authority to regulate it only as a tobacco product."
Label RTA's/RDA's/Mods and all of it as Weed Vapes and we should be out of the hands of the FDA control, Nic would be the only problem

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
As of now the FDA has deemed your VTCmini tobacco.The blanket statments made by the FDA are so vague and sweeping they could include car tires.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
its like a whole different, altered reality, I swear

Can't wait to see the unintended consequences splat back in their smug FDA faces

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have enough nic. to do over 250 liters, vg and pg are used around here in the livestock trade, flavors, the little old church ladies will know where to get those. Wire over 1000 feet and enough cotton to stuff a dozen pillows, batteries 100 in cold dry storage. Just made an order for more nic., wire and 2 cases of hg2's. I can switch from the over 3 dozen regulated mods back to my 2 dozen mechs as I need to. In less than 10 days I should be good 'till the next coming. But I'm in my mid sixties so how long can that be?

How are you storing batteries?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think we are safe on batteries, they are used in other things too, so can't see them going after the batteries, also they was around before ecigs, so think that makes them exempt from the ruling.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know what irks me? WE vapers are the ones that urge people to practice safe measures in vaping. WE vapers are the ones wanting to know what's in the juices we vape. WE vapers are the one doing the testing. WE vapers have built this city. And they wanna ship the city to China.

And I've been saying from the start that 'we vapers' were shooting ourselves in the foot. All the bitching and complaining from vapers over the last few years about labs, popcorn lung, packaging, wicking and host of other things has helped move us to this point. Vapers are stupid. Thousands called for regulations. Now they got more than they bargained for.

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Prepers live long & August lives..

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think vapers are stupid. I don't think too many vapers called for regulations. Most vapers I know simply wanted to know the truth and to be able to make their own decisions based on that. My point was we cared about it more than the FDA until they realized we were doing fine without them, then put a big dent in funding. Now they'd rather see us smoke. Fuck 'em.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think anyone wants regulations.... I think its more along the lines of, we will have them so lets try and help mitigate the excessiveness of them

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not bored enough to go find old posts. Vapers did indeed call for regulation. Often and loudly.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ok, you win... so maybe some did....
now the question is... from here we do, what?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vapers did indeed call for regulation. Often and loudly.
As I said, "I don't think too many" did. Yes, I've seen posts myself, where some have, I don't need quotes of old posts. I've seen fewer of those than I have those opposing.

Believe it or not, this is one of those rare times we could be on the same side.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone should have a second passport, from a friendly country. In the near future I plan on tearing up my United States passport and renouncing citizenship...I may come and visit once in awhile, but I doubt it.

Personally I've had it with this police-nanny state.
I'm with you on this! I've considered it for the last 20 years but it's just getting to be too much. Not to mention where things are going after this election regardless of who wins.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I said, "I don't think too many" did. Yes, I've seen posts myself, where some have, I don't need quotes of old posts. I've seen fewer of those than I have those opposing.

Believe it or not, this is one of those rare times we could be on the same side.

All I can tell you is that I started stocking up long before the FDA proposed regulation. I decided I needed to from reading comments here and elsewhere. Comments from vapers. The writing was on the wall. Your post just reminded me of it, that's why I quoted it. I don't disagree with you, on the whole. Most of that talk stopped when the proposed regulations were leaked.

Calls for self regulation, regulation and the multitude of threads bashing certain venders, companies that used certain wicks or brass fittings, dubious pictures of "labs" and etc. were a bad idea. There used to be threads about the names of juices being directed at kids. The Five Pawns fiasco was a bad idea. Those types of threads caused me to stockpile.

Regardless, in two years we will be underground. And that's fine too. All I'm saying is, despite good intentions, those 'self regulating" topics helped bring unwanted attention to vaping.

And yes, for the future of vaping, we'll be on the same side.:)

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It starts in 90 days, if they want to keep it on the shelf they have to apply and then in 2 years it will have to be approved to stay on the shelves...

So are you saying we only have 90 days to stock up on concentrates/pg/vg (for DIY) mods, tanks, etc?? What about 18650's, wire? This is crazier than I thought....shit!!! Thought we had more than 90 days :gaah:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So are you saying we only have 90 days to stock up on concentrates/pg/vg (for DIY) mods, tanks, etc?? What about 18650's, wire? This is crazier than I thought....shit!!! Thought we had more than 90 days :gaah:
18650's are used in Electric Bikes and R/c and many other hobbies, same with Wire, Cotton, some Flavorings* plus they have been around since before Feb' 2007...
Compqanies and people are doing lawsuits that would slow down or pause the regulations also, thats my biggest worry is that they dont hold up...if they do we may get another couple years of limbo like we've had while it goes to court..

Another thing is if its made for M Ar y J* then its not included in the regulations....so they could start selling RTA's/RDA's/Mods Labeled for that...Mods are LED variable brightness flashlights and more loop poles...but thats for another time...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

We do, anything new can be released over the next 90 days, after 90 days it has to be approved, anything that is already on the shelves, have 2 years to get it approved or gets pulled, so we have just over 2 years, just don't expect anything new on the shelves in 90 days though.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been shopping all weekend just to make sure I can keep this house. Vaping for two years . Hopefully we will have a good solid underground network by then ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We do, anything new can be released over the next 90 days, after 90 days it has to be approved, anything that is already on the shelves, have 2 years to get it approved or gets pulled, so we have just over 2 years, just don't expect anything new on the shelves in 90 days though.

So whatever is released in the next 90 days, along with everything else available presently will be flying off the shelves.....just wonderful, plus I'm sure the prices will climb as fast as.....UGH!! Time to go shopping

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Chinese will keep making mods, tanks, coils, etc for the world market, we just need to find a way to get them into the country. I have been talking to coworkers with family in Mexico already discussing how to make money at swap meets here in the border towns of the Southwest. Cost will be an issue. $25.00 for a pack of Nautilus Mini coils? Ouch.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you think well still be able to get flavorings? When I say get I mean at the current prices. They are really for candy making, just not sure if the bastards included this in their Bill of Bullshit. Basically the reason we need to know is for juice, if the prices wont jump then all we really need to stock up on is NIC,coils,RBA/RTA,mods and maybe pg/vg. Even though I don't think you'll need to stock up on that because you can get that anywhere. Wick and wire is the same.

What do you think??

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
Never under estimate government/corporate greed. If the powers that be think they can get away with it they'll add Bic lighters and little tree air fresheners. Vg and pg will be available as they are used for livestock and cosmetics, flavors are used primarily in baking and candies, so they will be around though maybe a little harder to find. Cotton wicking can be found in Asian markets in the health and beauty dept (used for makeup removal), wire will be found in hobby shops (used to mold and cut plastics and sculpting polly foam). Find a friend with family in Mexico who can get across the border to remail orders from Chinese online shops ( FT, Anglecig, 3f, and others). But I haven't thought about it much.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never under estimate government/corporate greed. If the powers that be think they can get away with it they'll add Bic lighters and little tree air fresheners. Vg and pg will be available as they are used for livestock and cosmetics, flavors are used primarily in baking and candies, so they will be around though maybe a little harder to find. Cotton wicking can be found in Asian markets in the health and beauty dept (used for makeup removal), wire will be found in hobby shops (used to mold and cut plastics and sculpting polly foam). Find a friend with family in Mexico who can get across the border to remail orders from Chinese online shops ( FT, Anglecig, 3f, and others). But I haven't thought about it much.
lol,, great,, the drug runners will have to bring our vape stuff in..,,, thanks FDA

VU Sponsors