Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At a reasonable markup I'm sure. Makes you wonder about the "WAR ON DRUGS" don't it?

The War on Drugs was lost decades ago, period. Check out a website called LEAP - it's a real eye-opener.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the war on drugs 2.0.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is a good group, fwiw.

Don't bother inventing e-coffee, or they'll come after that next... for the kids, of course.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lmao now we have to trust a vape mule ......... The only thing I see that's going to be hard is getting a good nic ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the war on drugs 2.0.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is a good group, fwiw.

Don't bother inventing e-coffee, or they'll come after that next... for the kids, of course.
since caffeine powder can be used the same way as the nicotine, that'd surely get their knickers in a twist, especially since it'd use the same equipment that they've just declared to be tobacco products.

"It's caffeine"
"No it's a tobacco product"
"But it's caffeine!"
"We said it's a tobacco product"
#FDAVoodoo

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They cant really mess with the batteries or the flavor extracts as although used in vaping their primary purpose rests outside the hobby.
As for nic, you can extract your own, its easy as shit.
Only thing left to do is stock on drippers and more mechs....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Please explain easy as shit in a manner that is bang on simple & is not dangerous?

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if we could use iso or butane as a solvent for nic extraction. Little vac purge afterwards and it's game on.

(Or Co2, even.)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if we could use iso or butane as a solvent for nic extraction. Little vac purge afterwards and it's game on.

A guy I know accidentally blew up his house and got hurt pretty badly using that method to extract something we're not supposed to talk about on this forum. Too dangerous.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Only dangerous if you're an idiot... and there are a ton of them.
something to that statement.
a neighbor of mine, decided to remove paint with starter fluid standing in her shed next to the gas hot water heater and gas dryer.
she spent 3 months in the burn unit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A few people mentioned that the SFATA will be bringing out "FDA Regulations for Dummies" in a week or so. I'm a dummy, so I hope they make sense of it all.

I was watching Mod Envy, trying to make sense of things. If it's on the market now, within the next 90 days they'll need to send something in saying, "hey I'm a vendor, or hey, I'm a manfacturer". It was then said that they have 2 years to apply for all the individual things they sell/make, then another year for that to process. I could be interpreting some of that incorrectly, but my brain also got numb at a point.

If you've been participating in Calls to Action, keep doing so. If you haven't been, START.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A few people mentioned that the SFATA will be bringing out "FDA Regulations for Dummies" in a week or so. I'm a dummy, so I hope they make sense of it all.

I was watching Mod Envy, trying to make sense of things. If it's on the market now, within the next 90 days they'll need to send something in saying, "hey I'm a vendor, or hey, I'm a manfacturer". It was then said that they have 2 years to apply for all the individual things they sell/make, then another year for that to process. I could be interpreting some of that incorrectly, but my brain also got numb at a point.

If you've been participating in Calls to Action, keep doing so. If you haven't been, START.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did not really get anything clarified during that discussion.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
something to that statement.
a neighbor of mine, decided to remove paint with starter fluid standing in her shed next to the gas hot water heater and gas dryer.
she spent 3 months in the burn unit.
My brother in law lit his bedroom on fire when he was a teenager making iso extracts. I know another guy who blew up a house, killed his friend, and had grafts on most of his upper body when the water heater ignited the butane vapor.

I may or may not have been making them on and off for about a decade, understand the risks, and work safely from start to finish. No worries here.

...but is it a viable method for nic extraction?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why not just buy nic? It's cheap right now. A liter can be bought for less than a carton of cigs and can last 2-5 years, depending on how you vape.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RDAs and Mechs will never be in short supply, most any machine shop can make both rather easily.

Without a doubt there will be a black market for nicotine but not sure I would go that route.

18650s will be easily obtained because they are used in flashlights.

Personally I'm stocking up on nic, not worried about other gear but I am worried about all the potential vapers not being able to kick the habit in the future with a shitty cigalike.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not just buy nic? It's cheap right now. A liter can be bought for less than a carton of cigs and can last 2-5 years, depending on how you vape.
From all I've been reading nic in high enough levels to store reasonably (100mg/ml) doesn't last all that long even when stored properly in a cold dark place, at least not long enough to last more than a year in good condition and probably 2 after it becomes pretty unvapeable. But I don't know anything about diy other than my recent research.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
From all I've been reading nic in high enough levels to store reasonably (100mg/ml) doesn't last all that long even when stored properly in a cold dark place, at least not long enough to last more than a year in good condition and probably 2 after it becomes pretty unvapeable. But I don't know anything about diy other than my recent research.

Several folks here who have good credibility with me say they've used nic at that levels that was well over two years old from the freezer. So I'm not worried about nic for two reasons. First, it does keep if properly stored in its pure form, second, just nic itself was on the market before 2007, its just that few regular people bought it. It was more for researchers and what have you.

Now, those pukes at FDA could require a license to buy it or levy a hefty tax though.

Attys are the weakest link in my opinion. Yes, competent machinists can make them, but it would still be black market and expensive.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The good thing about rda's is that if you have a few, you're set. You might booger a screw hole, but re-tap it and get a new screw, done.

Mech mods, same deal. They'll continue to last as long as the threads stay good. With a few to rotate, no prob.

No matter how these fucks try to slice it, if we want all this shit, we'll get it.

I don't think there's any way this will fly. I think once it starts being talked about and hashed out, people will see this for the money grab prohibition bullshit that it is.

I'd like to hope so anyway.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Several folks here who have good credibility with me say they've used nic at that levels that was well over two years old from the freezer. So I'm not worried about nic for two reasons. First, it does keep if properly stored in its pure form, second, just nic itself was on the market before 2007, its just that few regular people bought it. It was more for researchers and what have you.

Now, those pukes at FDA could require a license to buy it or levy a hefty tax though.

Attys are the weakest link in my opinion. Yes, competent machinists can make them, but it would still be black market and expensive.
I've actually been reading the document and trying to understand the bullshit they laid down, now 0 nic liquids are not covered at all by their law as stated explicitly. Also any nicotine not derived from tobacco isn't covered ( they could try but fail). Then there's this piece of total unfettered bullshit
c367aa3a01cef642535348e0bf1dfc32.jpg

Yes they beleive vaping isn't dangerous and that nicotine by itself isn't bad but are fucking us anyway!!!

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've actually been reading the document and trying to understand the bullshit they laid down, now 0 nic liquids are not covered at all by their law as stated explicitly. Also any nicotine not derived from tobacco isn't covered ( they could try but fail). Then there's this piece of total unfettered bullshit

Yes they beleive vaping isn't dangerous and that nicotine by itself isn't bad but are fucking us anyway!!!

So, basically we can buy 0mg commercial juice (since it can't be regulated as a "tobacco product") and add our own nic? Uh-derrrrh. Looks like I'll just stock up on nic and dose my own.

These FDA dumbshits...

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, basically we can buy 0mg commercial juice (since it can't be regulated as a "tobacco product") and add our own nic? Uh-derrrrh. Looks like I'll just stock up on nic and dose my own.

These FDA dumbshits...
Precisely that's what it says, that also mean "free samples" can contain 0 nic so testers will still exsist. I'm only 50 pages in and no lawyer but I've got enough common sense and perception to notice some other interesting things. Also nicotine not derived from the tobacco plant doesn't seem to be covered, an argument lawyers could make regarding synthetic nic or beet nic. Flavors are also okay, just some marketing towards children stuff so labels will have to be drab from what I'm getting.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in Canada, but you never know what the Canuck government will do next and sometimes they follow the US. The way it stands now with this, there's no telling with this one.

The only thing I'll buy more of soon is nic base. I have 1L in the freezer now and I don't use much, but another liter and I should be good for years :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

These FDA dumbshits...

From what I've read so far, that won't work if the new regs stand as they are today :(

Learn to DIY juice if you haven't already and IMO you have a very good chance of using that nic base up at your leisure.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I've read so far, that won't work if the new regs stand as they are today :(

Learn to DIY juice if you haven't already and IMO you have a very good chance of using that nic base up at your leisure.

Why not?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mind you I'm still reading through the comments but as explicitly stated e-liquid that contains no nicotine is not considered a covered tobacco process. Therefore by some deductive reasoning it can be made and sold because it is neither derived from tobacco nor addictive, which also relates to the free samples deal. I wish I wasn't on my phone and could highlight text. There's alot more to read though and reference so it'll take a few days.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MMMM that's a good point about pure Nic juice, it was on the market well before 2007. You just made my day, I'm still going to keep my backup nic in the freezer for yes the Stool Samples in the FDA could very well require license and heavy tax's on nic juice.

Flavors, seriously the juice manufactures need to just label and sell their juice as Liquid Candy, Liquid Pastry, etc. Fuck the FDA and the rest of the bought and paid for tools of Big Tobacco and Big Pharmaceutical. They want an underground market with Zero tax's, zero "sane" safety regulations and zero accountability? Well those fucks have just created it!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

There are people I've talked with who have nic that's been frozen since 09, and it has not deteriorated. Use amber glass bottles, a cap with the cone shaped silicone plug and leave only a pea sized air bubble. I'm sure vacuum sealing it doesn't hurt either so I've done that as well.

Hey, and if 20 years from now it's 90mg/ml, so what I figure? Just need to calculate for that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
(100mg/ml) doesn't last all that long even when stored properly in a cold dark place, at least not long enough to last more than a year in good condition and probably 2 after it becomes pretty unvapeable.
I split a liter of nic into 100ml glass amber bottles when I get it, then store it in the freezer. I test nic strength when I get it. I just opened a bottle from last May, tested it's strength, and there was NO DEGRADATION in strength, still clear, still tastes fine.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered 2 more mods (Sigelei 213's) and 2 more tank (Boreas & Aromamizer Supreme), brings up my totals to around at least a dozen each. Figure I'll still be able to order wire, flavoring for DIY and no nic VG/PG...so hopefully I'm good should the worst happen

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i think Nic would be first priority..........that said,, i am wondering about hardware. i have all 'digital' hardware,, i had a tube mech i piffed to soldiers.........now i think i should get another one with a locking ring...,, but i was also wondering about the mods that are box shaped,, with the chips,,, is there a mod that is easy to swap out the chips when they die and which & where do you get the chips? i am assuming 1 year life span on chips.........if i am dead wrong on all of this please tell me i wont be offended.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The trouble is, the regs are contradictory. Around page 220 or so it says products without nic but are reseanably believed to be created to vape are covered - so it's still unclear.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i think Nic would be first priority..........that said,, i am wondering about hardware. i have all 'digital' hardware,, i had a tube mech piffed.........now i think i should get another one with a locking ring...,, but i was also wondering about the mods that are box shaped,, with the chips,,, is there a mod that is easy to swap out the chips when they die and which & where do you get the chips? i am assuming 1 year life span on chips.........if i am dead wrong on all of this please tell me i wont be offended.
Honestly if you want to stick with regulated Mods I'd get a few chips to have in reserve. Either yourself or knowing someone who knows their way around the internals of electronics so they can be replaced. Not difficult for someone who is an electronics geek but average person, find someone is the best route.

My two bits for what it's worth, get a few mech mod's, "not" semi mech's that have the Mosfet chip but full mech. A good Mech is almost bulletproof and "if" something does need to be repaired it's usually very simple and easy. The simple purity of Mech's is why I love them and they are IMO the best to have during the Vapapocolypse.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Honestly if you want to stick with regulated Mods I'd get a few chips to have in reserve. Either yourself or knowing someone who knows their way around the internals of electronics so they can be replaced. Not difficult for someone who is an electronics geek but average person, find someone is the best route.

My two bits for what it's worth, get a few mech mod's, "not" semi mech's that have the Mosfet chip but full mech. A good Mech is almost bulletproof and "if" something does need to be repaired it's usually very simple and easy. The simple purity of Mech's is why I love them and they are IMO the best to have during the Vapapocolypse.

I gotta agree with you on this one.

I've always preferred mechs myself but use regulated only at work because I do not have time to think about my vape at all, lol.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The good thing about rda's is that if you have a few, you're set. You might booger a screw hole, but re-tap it and get a new screw, done.

Mech mods, same deal. They'll continue to last as long as the threads stay good. With a few to rotate, no prob.

No matter how these fucks try to slice it, if we want all this shit, we'll get it.

I don't think there's any way this will fly. I think once it starts being talked about and hashed out, people will see this for the money grab prohibition bullshit that it is.

I'd like to hope so anyway.
Reality is it's very Old Money that is behind this, I mean centuries old money from Big Tobacco and Big Pharma. They have the well established network of their well placed puppets in key places from the FDA, Elected Whores ... (oops politicians), Courts, etc. They are protecting themselves, their money, their power. If they can't control it they will do all they can to destroy it.

We're also a minority, in the grand scheme. Average public don't give a shit, only way to sway their opinion is to pump millions into massive marketing campaigns.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
13 regulated, 2 on the way from China
16 mechanicals
12 different rebuildable tanks, most multiples, with ample spare parts and tanks, 2 on the way
16 wire rolls, 24 to 32 gauge, each up to 500 feet in length
2 liters 100 mg nicotine in 60 ml glass bottles, stored at minus 5 degrees farenheit

I'm not freaking out yet, but I may order another liter of nic.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I split a liter of nic into 100ml glass amber bottles when I get it, then store it in the freezer. I test nic strength when I get it. I just opened a bottle from last May, tested it's strength, and there was NO DEGRADATION in strength, still clear, still tastes fine.
from what i have read,, pg nic freezes better,,,, so what if i put pg nic into icecube trays,, once frozen i put the cubes through a vacuum sealer,, there would be no risk of air

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG will not freeze; it will only get thicker. Best to store it in glass bottles, filled to the top to eliminate air. There is commercial nic in glass with inert gas to replace the oxygen in the bottle, but it's more expensive. Glass bottles will also eliminate any chance of chemical leaching from plastics when used for long term storage.

Stored in glass, with no oxygen, in subzero temperatures, nic will keep for several years. Yes PG nic is better but I think it's because it mixes better with the nicotine.

VG does the same thing when put in the freezer; it gets very thick but doesn't solidify.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
13 regulated, 2 on the way from China
16 mechanicals
12 different rebuildable tanks, most multiples, with ample spare parts and tanks, 2 on the way
16 wire rolls, 24 to 32 gauge, each up to 500 feet in length
2 liters 100 mg nicotine in 60 ml glass bottles, stored at minus 5 degrees farenheit

I'm not freaking out yet, but I may order another liter of nic.
Count so far for me -

11 Mech's
4 Regulated
26 RDA's
17 Tanks all but two are rebuildable
1.5 Liters of 100mg PG based Nic in the freezer
3-4 thousand feet of wire
3-4 lbs of cotton

I've got a magnetic stirrer also, works great for mixing juice along with some glass pipettes and a few box's of Boston glass bottles all in various sizes from 10ml - 120ml.

Going to pick up another (maybe 2) regulated Mods and at least one or two more mechs. Going to also order another couple litres of 100mg PG nic juice.

I've been prepping for a while now for I knew they were going to screw us with not as much as a courtesy of a reach around.

People around me thought I was nuts and overreacting, you know it's times like these that I hate being right ......................

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, question, what put those links in my previous post? Clicking on the nic takes me to nicorette gum??????

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Count so far for me -

11 Mech's
4 Regulated
26 RDA's
3-4 lbs of cotton

I've got a magnetic stirrer also, works great for mixing juice along with some glass pipettes and a few box's of Boston glass bottles all in various sizes from 10ml - 120ml.

Going to pick up another (maybe 2) regulated Mods and at least one or two more mechs. Going to also order another couple litres of 100mg PG nic juice.

I've been prepping for a while now for I knew they were going to screw us with not as much as a courtesy of a reach around.

People around me thought I was nuts and overreacting, you know it's times like these that I hate being right ......................

Yeah, many on ecf told me I was crazy, called me names, etc when I said they should begin preparing. Some people feel we should help them out now, but I'm not feeling that obligation, at all! I've been preparing 2 years on a limited income, and see no reason to supply people who told me I was an idiot.

And I don't have the money, unfortunately, to help current smokers who want to quit either. I could give away a couple things, but that won't get them very far.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, many on ecf told me I was crazy, called me names, etc when I said they should begin preparing. Some people feel we should help them out now, but I'm not feeling that obligation, at all! I've been preparing 2 years on a limited income, and see no reason to supply people who told me I was an idiot.

And I don't have the money, unfortunately, to help current smokers who want to quit either. I could give away a couple things, but that won't get them very far.
They live in a fantasy land with the illusion that "it won't happen to them". They won't wake up to the reality of who really controls and manipulates the world. No I'm no tin foil hat nutjub, but I'm also not ignorant and do keep my eyes open. It doesn't mean I'm just going to hunker away without raising a bit of hell, but one needs to prepare for the worst as best as one can.

Anyway I'm starting to digress

Yep continue to prep as best you can, if by some miracle things work out fairly for us we just have a good stock we can use or "Vape Forward" ;)

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
Count so far for me -

11 Mech's
4 Regulated
26 RDA's
3-4 lbs of cotton

Vaping flew under the radar till about two years ago, then people found it to be an easier and more effective way away from "stinkies". Then BIG P and BIG T finally saw the light and went into kill mode. Their bottom lines took a big hit and projections looked even worse, Vaping HAD TO GO so they went to their greatest government allies the FDA to do the dirty work as they launched a media smear campain to drive the masses away. At this point all they have to do now is sit back in their glass castles and count the money that will flood back into the offshore accounts. I saw this about a year and a half ago, and planed my escape from their poison. I'm ready willing and able to do so.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping flew under the radar till about two years ago, then people found it to be an easier and more effective way away from "stinkies". Then BIG P and BIG T finally saw the light and went into kill mode. Their bottom lines took a big hit and projections looked even worse, Vaping HAD TO GO so they went to their greatest government allies the FDA to do the dirty work as they launched a media smear campain to drive the masses away. At this point all they have to do now is sit back in their glass castles and count the money that will flood back into the offshore accounts. I saw this about a year and a half ago, and planed my escape from their poison. I'm ready willing and able to do so.
Ironic I started Vaping to get off the stinkies and then quit Vaping. Then all this B.S. with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma with their Government puppets I have zero intentions now to stop Vaping. Read it as my inner asshole coming out to give them the finger.

All in all it really should be a wake up call to all as it's showing just how corrupt our government really is.

Fossal

Member For 4 Years
Ironic I started Vaping to get off the stinkies and then quit Vaping. Then all this B.S. with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma with their Government puppets I have zero intentions now to stop Vaping. Read it as my inner asshole coming out to give them the finger.

All in all it really should be a wake up call to all as it's showing just how corrupt our government really is.
I first saw it in the early '70's while in the army, as I lived my adult life I saw more and more of the "them thats gots gets" in government and bissness . The citizens have always been a resorce to pad their pockets no matter the cost in lives.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I first saw it in the early '70's while in the army, as I lived my adult life I saw more and more of the "them thats gots gets" in government and bissness . The citizens have always been a resorce to pad their pockets no matter the cost in lives.
We have the best Government money can buy and we as the Plebs sure are not the ones with the money ;)

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What would be some good mods to stock up on. I generally don't do mechs although i have 2 a Nemmi and a sentinel both clones. Should i go the mech route? What mods will last me a while both regulated and mech. I like the box style.

VU Sponsors