Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just how long did you steep that lmbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't ... I'm impatient... And hungry... Well actually let it steep for 30 mins cause it was piping hot

T

Taver13

ok peoples, i am in desperate need of a 4 bay charger preferably, or a two bay in a pinch. anyone got one? will pay!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of chargers, how long should it take to charge two 2500 mah Samsung battery's, at between 10-20%charge left?
I ask because I have a nitecore intellichargerII and my bats take like 5 hrs to charge

D

Donald Bickers

Speaking of chargers, how long should it take to charge two 2500 mah Samsung battery's, at between 10-20%charge left?
I ask because I have a nitecore intellichargerII and my bats take like 5 hrs to charge
that seems like a long time,i have the same charger and 2 hrs is about the longest its taken to charge anything

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You sire its not set low like .5amp charge

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its supposed to detect the type of battery and charge accordingly. All I know, is since using a regulated mod, that can almost fully drain my batteries, it takes much longer to recharge them. Using a mech, my bats could only get down to 3.7-3.6v and be unusable. Now using a regulated box, my bats are getting down to like 3.2-3.3 before needing charged.

T

Taver13

Its supposed to detect the type of battery and charge accordingly. All I know, is since using a regulated mod, that can almost fully drain my batteries, it takes much longer to recharge them. Using a mech, my bats could only get down to 3.7-3.6v and be unusable. Now using a regulated box, my bats are getting down to like 3.2-3.3 before needing charged.
how old are your batts?

L

Lighty269

All my batteries are the same, different brands too. I use a LUC V4 and charge at .5 amp, nice slow charge. They take about 2 to 3 hours, if I use 1 amp they take about 40 minutes.

From my experience being in electronics my whole life, it is better to let them charge slow to get longer life, so they last years instead of months.

T

Taver13

All my batteries are the same, different brands too. I use a LUC V4 and charge at .5 amp, nice slow charge. They take about 2 to 3 hours, if I use 1 amp they take about 40 minutes.

From my experience being in electronics my whole life, it is better to let them charge slow to get longer life, so they last years instead of months.
ditto, i slow charge every battery i own, not just mod batts. my boat has a ten amp charger, but i installed a trickle charger to use instead, and i get an extra year out of my batteries on there. and i abuse the shit outa those

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The four batteries in question have been in matched pairs their entire life, in a dual battery mech box for a very short time, and now in my sig 150.
I really think its my charger. Ive heard theres alot of nitecore clones, Im thinking I may have gotten one.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The four batteries in question have been in matched pairs their entire life, in a dual battery mech box for a very short time, and now in my sig 150.
I really think its my charger. Ive heard theres alot of nitecore clones, Im thinking I may have gotten one.
Unless all 4 batteries have failed which is highly unlikely I'd say its the charger too

Do you have another battery just to try other then the 4 you use

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning guys, you all are making me want to start DIY so bad now lol. I promised my wife I wouldn't pick up extra crap to move with though lol :)

T

Taver13

Morning guys, you all are making me want to start DIY so bad now lol. I promised my wife I wouldn't pick up extra crap to move with though lol :)
DOOOOO IIITTTTT

on another note, there is nothing quite like some A Perfect Circle, cup of coffee, a nice nutty french toast vape, and cooking giant slabs of beef

D

Donald Bickers

promises are meant to be broken:eek:
animaatjes-st-patricks-day-4253193.jpg

Good Morning

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Taver13 I just remembered I mentioned something to you about the problems I'm having with my jetski... guess you never got around to thinking about that huh? lol

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
run it by me one more time on here quick
So here's what I got... I have a 1996 SeaDoo GTI with a brand new (rebuilt) SBT motor in it with less than 20hrs... I don't remember what exactly happened at first (if it just wouldn't start or if it died mid ride) since it's been a couple years ago. Well now my brother and I are trying to get it up and running again and still having problems... Back then we took it to a shop and they said the compression was low, then last summer my cousin who has rebuilt his jetski came over with his compression gauge and said they were just fine in both cylinders. With the spark plugs in it won't turn over, with them out it turns over just fine. At first we thought it was the starter and replaced it with one from another ski we had (96 GTX) but nothing changed. We got it to turn over once with the spark plugs in and it started, but we had to unplug the battery to get it to turn off (button and key did nothing, neither did the throttle) I'm so confused right now, I was hoping maybe you had an idea where to start?

T

Taver13

So here's what I got... I have a 1996 SeaDoo GTI with a brand new (rebuilt) SBT motor in it with less than 20hrs... I don't remember what exactly happened at first (if it just wouldn't start or if it died mid ride) since it's been a couple years ago. Well now my brother and I are trying to get it up and running again and still having problems... Back then we took it to a shop and they said the compression was low, then last summer my cousin who has rebuilt his jetski came over with his compression gauge and said they were just fine in both cylinders. With the spark plugs in it won't turn over, with them out it turns over just fine. At first we thought it was the starter and replaced it with one from another ski we had (96 GTX) but nothing changed. We got it to turn over once with the spark plugs in and it started, but we had to unplug the battery to get it to turn off (button and key did nothing, neither did the throttle) I'm so confused right now, I was hoping maybe you had an idea where to start?
i dont remember if they did it that far back, but is there a computer in it, it should be up forward, towards the bow

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're saying when the spark plugs are installed and you crank it the motor does nothing ...or does it turn over but never starts until you pull the plugs

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i dont remember if they did it that far back, but is there a computer in it, it should be up forward, towards the bow
Ummm... yeah I believe so... there's a waterproof box that the positive battery lead runs to...

You're saying when the spark plugs are installed and you crank it the motor does nothing ...or does it turn over but never starts until you pull the plugs
When spark plugs are installed, it won't turn over, when spark plugs are removed it will turn over and sound normal, it just won't start.

T

Taver13

he i
s saying it wont crank at all with the plugs in, do you hear the solenoid clicking and the starter struggling but nothing happens? or is it just dead

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he i

s saying it wont crank at all with the plugs in, do you hear the solenoid clicking and the starter struggling but nothing happens? or is it just dead
The solenoid clicks and the starter engages then stops, you can hear the initial gear grinding when the starter meets then stops...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
he i

I'm thinking wrong plugs and piston isn't full cycling I've seen it happen mainly in 2 strokes just a guess though

T

Taver13

I'm thinking wrong plugs and piston isn't full cycling I've seen it happen mainly in 2 strokes just a guess though
he might have spun a main, specifically by the flywheel, its just fucked up enough to jam up under compression, but with no compression has enough to spin. just another thought though, hard to tell without having it in front of me. also the not stopping problem is probobly in the computer

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Blah blah blah... my brother is gunna fuck with it some more in the next month or two, I'll get back with you guys with updates if need be...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
he might have spun a main, specifically by the flywheel, its just fucked up enough to jam up under compression, but with no compression has enough to spin. just another thought though, hard to tell without having it in front of me. also the not stopping problem is probobly in the computer
They also have a bad habit of carbon deposits building so much the piston will contact the head while under compression it won't make it through the full stroke taking the plugs out will allow the compression escape allowing it to full stroke

All things to look into when he looks at it

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i take it that means you have no idea what we are talking about, lol
I mean I know enough to be able to buy a part and be able to replace the old one, and if not wouldn't have a problem doing it after having it explained to me as long as I had the right tools... but as far as interior engine goes, no not the slightest lol

My brother has had many 2 stroke and 4 stroke quads and dirt bikes and has had to replace something on most of them.... he's a bit more self mechanically taught than I am if you will...

T

Taver13

They also have a bad habit of carbon deposits building so much the piston will contact the head while under compression it won't make it through the full stroke taking the plugs out will allow the compression escape allowing it to full stroke

good call, look down the plug hole with a flashlight, you should be able to see marks in the carbon if there is contact. like i said, i wish i had the ski in front of me, just realize he said its a drop-in motor with only twenty hours, so im going to assume its not carbon, but, if the carbs are set up wrong it could be

T

Taver13

might not have broken in properly, maybe a ring is sticking under compression

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Carbon buildup on a rebuilt engine that's been run for less than 20hrs? Prolly more like 3-4 to be honest

T

Taver13

Carbon buildup on a rebuilt engine that's been run for less than 20hrs? Prolly more like 3-4 to be honest
good call, look down the plug hole with a flashlight, you should be able to see marks in the carbon if there is contact. like i said, i wish i had the ski in front of me, just realize he said its a drop-in motor with only twenty hours, so im going to assume its not carbon, but, if the carbs are set up wrong it could be

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Sorry I missed that part yeah wouldn't be that then

VU Sponsors