• Total voters

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
that is an awesome lookin bottle
More bottle should come in a test tube like look ... I have one from 7th &grand that is a vile like bottle compared to the average bottle to the right of it
596f1480b06278c6f6159ba132dd4d71.jpg

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got it :) one of the negative connections was touching part of the cover where I hadn't gotten some of the liquid tape sprayed so gotta take care of that in a minute but I'm stoked to finally have it ready to go :)
123f64667e79f19f9cc1592b410071ae.jpg
c800cf30508578d5e5b8aae28a58fd50.jpg
5bb9a29c535ec5970509223f762cfd29.jpg
c439f6c0bc4ef84f3f4d753e4e6440cc.jpg
b647b679e963bda0659796713c204b9d.jpg
I really wanna try making one ... Might pull the trigger one day and try it

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really wanna try making one ... Might pull the trigger one day and try it
Ive made a couple, its really not as hard as it seems at first. Soldering is the biggest leap if youve never soldered before, like me.
The first one was kinda janky, but the second one is solid as a rock.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yo @Taver13 I bought the brass praxis, you got the stainless one. Im excited to get a new mech, Ive been using my old nemesis for so long.

D

Donald Bickers

Ive made a couple, its really not as hard as it seems at first. Soldering is the biggest leap if youve never soldered before, like me.
the trick there is getting both surfaces good and hot before applying solder

D

Donald Bickers

Good and hot without cooking your mosfet, or scorching your box (or wood, giggidy). Flux works wonders.
I have a hard time with the small shit,but I do a lot of plumbing and its a lot along the same lines as far as getting solder to stick,,,,and yes you have to use flux to clean your surfaces

T

Taver13

Good and hot without cooking your mosfet, or scorching your box (or wood, giggidy). Flux works wonders.
yup, popped a few fets that way. i stoked for the praxis, i wanna get a decent single coil genny for it for my NETS

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah if that's the hard part no biggie I was an electrician offshore for a bit but I've built computers and electronics most my life for hobby so I'm no stranger to soldering
the trick there is getting both surfaces good and hot before applying solder

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah if that's the hard part no biggie I was an electrician offshore for a bit but I've built computers and electronics most my life for hobby so I'm no stranger to soldering
Shit,, you got it covered then

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yup, popped a few fets that way. i stoked for the praxis, i wanna get a decent single coil genny for it for my NETS
I'm super pumped too. I been wanting a better mech for your (I mean my) orchid.

T

Taver13

2015-04-06 08.23.38.jpg
orchid i modified for @Daniel drilled out the airholes to 7/64, opened up the whole top of the chamber, and attached a longer kayfun chimney to extend it and give it a domed top of the chamber for better flavor. took a 23mm taifun gt tank, and beveled the edges to not look wonky on the orchid, with this tank it holds almost 10 mil's i almost dont wanna get rid of this, its great

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 18342
orchid i modified for @Daniel drilled out the airholes to 7/64, opened up the whole top of the chamber, and attached a longer kayfun chimnet to bot extend it and give it a domed top of the chamber for better flavor. took a 23mm taifun gt tank, and beveled the edges to not look wonky on the orchid, with this tank it holds almost 10 mil's i almost dont wanna get rid of this, its great
Is it sometimes hard to send back all these great devices people send ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Donaldbickers , I just loaded #1, pretty impressed so far.

D

Donald Bickers

Yes! It's very subtle. Have to puff on it for awhile though. Didn't think you'd get so close

I take that as a compliment,if you think 1 is close ,then you should really like 2

T

Taver13

Is it sometimes hard to send back all these great devices people send ya?

it really is, when im done im like, damn, this thing is awesome, i kinda want one. i especially have a soft spot for orchids, i think, even with all the great new tanks out, its still the best and my favorite

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay folks, I'm not home, went away for vacation over this week while my son is off from school. I am unable to connect to the forum from my phone. I am however able to connect from my wife's phone. I just read over most of the posts that I had missed. I'm not sure of the status of the box, last I knew it was on way to @Geauxst and he already has @Lighty269 info, so I'm pretty sure I'm good. Not sure when I will be able to connect to site as normal, so in the mean time, if someone sees that the box is on it's way to Lighty, can you please send me a text message? Thanks in advance for your help. I'll try to pop in once or twice a day and keep up, but it might be hard. Hope everyone has a good day.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay folks, I'm not home, went away for vacation over this week while my son is off from school. I am unable to connect to the forum from my phone. I am however able to connect from my wife's phone. I just read over most of the posts that I had missed. I'm not sure of the status of the box, last I knew it was on way to @Geauxst and he already has @Lighty269 info, so I'm pretty sure I'm good. Not sure when I will be able to connect to site as normal, so in the mean time, if someone sees that the box is on it's way to Lighty, can you please send me a text message? Thanks in advance for your help. I'll try to pop in once or twice a day and keep up, but it might be hard. Hope everyone has a good day.
I gotcha covered brother I'm in and out enough I'll keep watch for you besides I already got your number from when the forum was down so you will have direct feed to any updates while you're out. Have a good vacation man!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick question about hybrid top cap mods.
I know you can only use attys with a protruding 510 pin.
However, would a small bead of solder which protrudes from a non protruding pin be stable enough to suffice?
My kayfun pin is shorter than the housing, which is unusually short to begin with. Ive gotten around this problem by hammering a tiny piece of copper into the 'flat head' recess of the 510 pin and it works like a champ, where before it was too short to function at all.
Any other ideas?
Ill be home in a couple hours to check back.

VU Sponsors