Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, what age?
I don't know. I guess that's why they can't do that, because the age would be different for everyone. I have a neighbor down the street who is 84 and he comes out and plays ball with my son and I, and I tell you, this man has more energy and is in better shape than I am. You have to keep in mind that I'm not in the best of health right now myself, but this guy is impressive for his age nonetheless.
On a side note, this is my first time logging on to VU on a computer since before I left on vacation...man does it looks different than on Tapatalk. I almost forgot what this place looked like. It's weird seeing the ads and signatures and stuff. Much more colorful and much more eye candy, if that's what it's called.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
when I was in high school,i worked at a DQ,one day some old guy drove right through the front door,he jumps out and says"hold the pickles",,,hey at least he had a sense of humor,considering he just wrecked his car
Edit:no people or animals were hurt in this reinactment
Heres another one. My mom was going to the mall one day (on her way to meet taver I assume). She was stopped at the light at the entrance, there was a high steep hill to the right, at the top were bank parking lots and restaurants and things.
All of a sudden a fucking car flew right over her hood and smashed down on the road beside her. It hit hard and slid sideways into a telephone pole.
It was a 90yr old lady who was in reverse and hit the gas instead of the break (she did not get hurt, amazingly). She went up and over the guard rail of the bank parking lot, backwards, then went airborne. It made me wonder, holy fuck, how hard did she hit that gas?

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know. I guess that's why they can't do that, because the age would be different for everyone. I have a neighbor down the street who is 84 and he comes out and plays ball with my son and I, and I tell you, this man has more energy and is in better shape than I am. You have to keep in mind that I'm not in the best of health right now myself, but this guy is impressive for his age nonetheless.
On a side note, this is my first time logging on to VU on a computer since before I left on vacation...man does it looks different than on Tapatalk. I almost forgot what this place looked like. It's weird seeing the ads and signatures and stuff. Much more colorful and much more eye candy, if that's what it's called.
Yeah I agree I don't think it should be an age thing cause I know a 30yr old that scares the daylights outta me and a 70yr old that drives picture perfect

We need a device that plugs in the computer and averages out your driving and if you accelerate excessively or brake to hard whip and weave around in traffic... All around stupid shit for what normal driving is then it should penalize your license and after a while revoke it for a period of time at which you have to take the class again to receive it back

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I agree I don't think it should be an age thing cause I know a 30yr old that scares the daylights outta me and a 70yr old that drives picture perfect

We need a device that plugs in the computer and averages out your driving and if you accelerate excessively or brake to hard whip and weave around in traffic... All around stupid shit for what normal driving is then it should penalize your license and after a while revoke it for a period of time at which you have to take the class again to receive it back
They have such an item... except its for your insurance companies not your drivers license lol

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In Florida they made people retake the test at 70, this was 10 years ago when I lived there. The people who drive well would have nothing to worry about. They would pass. My Grandmother has alzhiemers disease and we had to take her car. This was at least 5 years ago, she still asks for it almost everyday. She even sometimes calls the police and tells them we stole it. It's a terrible disease.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all are dangerously close to gett'n me crank'd. But ... regarding driving ... if I had my way we'd 1) allow me to write the driving tests, 2) demand a 100% score to earn a license, 3) retest every second renewal and for every ticketed offense, and 4) install cell signal jammers in ALL vehicles. Extreme I know, but I'm just wanting to stay alive. It is too easy to get a drivers license - just look around next time you're on the road. Driving is a privilege, and sorry, i-didn't-see, and oops are unacceptable excuses for attempted freak'n murder.

On further reflection, y'all may have succeeded in that aforementioned crank'n.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Y'all are dangerously close to gett'n me crank'd. But ... regarding driving ... if I had my way we'd 1) allow me to write the driving tests, 2) demand a 100% score to earn a license, 3) retest every second renewal and for every ticketed offense, and 4) install cell signal jammers in ALL vehicles. Extreme I know, but I'm just wanting to stay alive. It is too easy to get a drivers license - just look around next time you're on the road. Driving is a privilege, and sorry, i-didn't-see, and oops are unacceptable excuses for attempted freak'n murder.

On further reflection, y'all may have succeeded in that aforementioned crank'n.
How bout we ban the use of cars make everyone ride motorcycles and make helmets optional and let natural selection weed them out

T

Taver13

Heres another one. My mom was going to the mall one day (on her way to meet taver I assume). She was stopped at the light at the entrance, there was a high steep hill to the right, at the top were bank parking lots and restaurants and things.
All of a sudden a fucking car flew right over her hood and smashed down on the road beside her. It hit hard and slid sideways into a telephone pole.
It was a 90yr old lady who was in reverse and hit the gas instead of the break (she did not get hurt, amazingly). She went up and over the guard rail of the bank parking lot, backwards, then went airborne. It made me wonder, holy fuck, how hard did she hit that gas?
i was already with your mom at that point

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Especially for people who ride motorcycles ;). No seriously be very careful. I see people almost hit them all the time!! The car drivers are usually on there phones, very young or very old.
I sold my bikes when my wife was pregnant with my daughter. It wasn't me I worried about, as I know how to ride...I grew up riding motocross and bikes. It's the idiotic drivers who don't pay attention while they are driving. Each has their own issues...some on phones, some with music so loud they can't hear, others with alzheimer's or dementia, some who just plain don't pay attention. It got to the point where I couldn't enjoy riding anymore because I was constantly worried about the others around me and whether or not they could see me or hear me. Before having children it wasn't that big of a deal...if something happened, it happened. Once kids came, I faced the thoughts of leaving children without a father if something happened...I'll stick to riding in my car now. I have to say, I do really miss it. I haven't physically been able to ride over the past couple years anyhow...but if and when I am able to ride again, I'll probably just go to the local HD shop and rent one for the day just to kill the urge. :D

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is what I meant. The other drivers on the road, not the motorcyclists. When I reread what I typed I realize it didn't sound like that. oops

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish they would have left this upgrading thing alone. Everything seems more trouble to do, not getting updates and a pain. It was fine before, now by the time I read a convo it's too late to comment...ugh progress......

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We would all fly to a central location and have the ultimate vape shopping spree. The vendors would come to us with their latest and greatest stuff and you could just pick whatever you wanted.....while drinking champagne .....or whatever you like lol

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...
I'm all In. When?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be awesome @MOMABEAR ! I know I'm not going win...you have to play to win, and I don't play the lottery. Every once in awhile when the Powerball is at some ridiculous amount of money, my wife and I will buy a couple tickets. But we don't play it regularly. I once worked with a guy whose wife bought into a lottery pool at work and they ended up hitting. I don't remember how much the total win was for, but it was 16 people in the pool, they chose the cash option and after taxes they each took home $8 million. Needless to say they built an addition that tripled the size of their house. He bought a bunch of classic cars. They both retired. The guy sits in a local bar every day, all day, and drinks beer playing NTN Trivia. He leaves a $5 tip everyday, no matter how much his bill is. The company they worked for ended up shutting down. It was a small local newspaper. The paper got bought by another company and came back on the market a couple years later though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors