Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

that i am, i mixed up som bon bon at 5% i dont taste a thing, im going to assume its the setup, lol, stock nova coil, silica and whaqtnot. im gonna have to build this here kayfun nano

D

Donald Bickers

:DKayfuns are good flavor producers
that i am, i mixed up som bon bon at 5% i dont taste a thing, im going to assume its the setup, lol, stock nova coil, silica and whaqtnot. im gonna have to build this here kayfun nano
im hittin mine 10% @ 12.5 watts on a 1.5 carto,,,tons of clouds and flavor

T

Taver13

i think im gonna bump it up to 10 percent, and load it in the kayfun. i always did love the flavor from a carto. before i got my first dripper, i would take the wicking materiel out of a shorty carto, the extra short ones, and put a few drops on the coil directly, pretty mean flavor

D

Donald Bickers

Mines better

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...
mini-graphics-smileys-441076.gif

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of kayfuns, was hoping @ Donald Bickers could give me advice on them....got a v3 clone if I remember correct and wanted to know what would be recommended builds and lowest ohm they can handle?

D

Donald Bickers

Speaking of kayfuns, was hoping @ Donald Bickers could give me advice on them....got a v3 clone if I remember correct and wanted to know what would be recommended builds and lowest ohm they can handle?
I would try and stay around 1 ohm that's about their sweet spot,as far as wicking ,I always use the navy nest style wick
gOejo3b.jpg

if you google "kayfun navy nest"there are videos on there,i use that and never get a dry hit or flooding,i use cotton instead of silica,just roll it in your fingers so its like wicking

D

Donald Bickers

28 ga kanthal ,, 6 wraps around a 2mm mandrill should get you close to 1.00ohms
Edit :make it a 6/7 wrap

T

Taver13

i had a regular kayfun topcap on my nano, not the nano cap that does not have the recess in it. long story short, i wasnt really paying attention to what i was doing and didnt realize that about 10 mil of juice was all over my lap. couldnt get my frankentank apart with slimy hands, so i said fuck it on that. rewicked my doge v2 that i was running single coil with 22gauge nichrome 10 wrap .5 ohms. put some juice in, and hit it at 50 watts. much to the shagrin of my throat, i forgot i had made a 50/50 mix. on a good note, 10% is where it needs to be for that particular extract, maybe more if you have dead tastebuds like me

D

Donald Bickers

i had a regular kayfun topcap on my nano, not the nano cap that does not have the recess in it. long story short, i wasnt really paying attention to what i was doing and didnt realize that about 10 mil of juice was all over my lap. couldnt get my frankentank apart with slimy hands, so i said fuck it on that. rewicked my doge v2 that i was running single coil with 22gauge nichrome 10 wrap .5 ohms. put some juice in, and hit it at 50 watts. much to the shagrin of my throat, i forgot i had made a 50/50 mix. on a good note, 10% is where it needs to be for that particular extract, maybe more if you have dead tastebuds like me
I wish I had a video of that,,,,i spit beer out just reading it,,,,,if I had a video my computer would be smoking right about now

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I wanted to tell you guys my 'vape shop story'.
So i was in the vape shop today, looking for some nichrome, finding none, but getting an adjustable drip tip instead. No biggie.
Some dude walks in with a box mod and a dark horse on top. It was a hammond 1590 box, mechanical, with dual parallel 26650s. It was really nice.
He says to dude at the counter (who was probably 40 and seemed knowledgeable enough), "im looking to get more vapor from this, its not really cutting it." He did not do his own build, it was done by another guy at the shop at an earlier date. He was running a parallel wrapped, 26ga build, it looked to be 2.4mm or close to it and not terribly wide, so probably 4wraps (8strands across). What struck me first, the coils were way down close to the deck, nowhere near the high airholes on the darkhorse. So no shit, the vape wont be very good.
Anyways, dude behind the counter says "I just made a 20ga build earlier on my dark horse, it works really well". The customer agreed and gave his mod over to get a 20ga build set up.

Quite a difference I thought, between 26 and 20ga, why not 24 or even 22 at most. 20ga is fucking huge and probably not the best for this guy with literally no vape experience. Yes, his mod will handle it and he will be safe with his batteries (green efests), but Im not understanding taking him to such hot build, when there were clearly other options. Not sure how I feel about this. 24 ga in a dark horse, in line with the airflow, would have been fine for this dude, but the worker decided to make a fucking quantum leap in builds, for a complete newb.

I didnt say anything, but it makes me wonder about how much these people really know.
Am I being too critical?

T

Taver13

So i was in the vape shop today, looking for some nichrome, finding none, but getting an adjustable drip tip instead. No biggie.
Some dude walks in with a box mod and a dark horse on top. It was a hammond 1590 box, mechanical, with dual parallel 26650s. It was really nice.
He says to dude at the counter (who was probably 40 and seemed knowledgeable enough), "im looking to get more vapor from this, its not really cutting it." He did not do his own build, it was done by another guy at the shop at an earlier date. He was running a parallel wrapped, 26ga build, it looked to be 2.4mm or close to it and not terribly wide, so probably 4wraps (8strands across). What struck me first, the coils were way down close to the deck, nowhere near the high airholes on the darkhorse. So no shit, the vape wont be very good.
Anyways, dude behind the counter says "I just made a 20ga build earlier on my dark horse, it works really well". The customer agreed and gave his mod over to get a 20ga build set up.

Quite a difference I thought, between 26 and 20ga, why not 24 or even 22 at most. 20ga is fucking huge and probably not the best for this guy with literally no vape experience. Yes, his mod will handle it and he will be safe with his batteries (green efests), but Im not understanding taking him to such hot build, when there were clearly other options. Not sure how I feel about this. 24 ga in a dark horse, in line with the airflow, would have been fine for this dude, but the worker decided to make a fucking quantum leap in builds, for a complete newb.

I didnt say anything, but it makes me wonder about how much these people really know.
Am I being too critical?
i think that is completly assanine, borderline unsafe for a newb even with batteries like that. he may take too long a pull ect ect. there are just so many reasons shouldnt be done, although, im not sure i understand why someone who cant rebuild is A using mech style mod, and B even has that mod if they are going the mech route, the whole situation is screwy

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Am I being too critical?
Not at all, taking into consideration that the dude was still new enough that he's having his coils built for him...and the shop worker jumping to that gnarly of a setup right off the get go....seems like an accident waiting to happen to me

T

Taver13

Am I being too critical?
also is this box a mosfet box, or just two 26650's wired to a switch, in which case WHEN not if that switch welds itself shut with a build like that, there are going to be two not one 26650 grenades on his hands

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think you're being too critical @Pauly Walnuts if you had questioned the guy in front of the customer that may have been too critical, but that's not what you did. I agree, going from what he had to what he did is a pretty big jump. I think your concern is well founded, and being concerned isn't the same as brig critical. You didn't say he was necessarily in the wrong for what he did, just that you didn't feel it was the correct thing to do. All I can say is perhaps the guy behind the counter is familiar with the customer. May he has dealt with him before? I don't know. I've seen enough questionable shit go on in my share of B&M's that my philosophy is get in, get what I NEED, and get out. I keep my mouth shut for the most part about anything else. Haha.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Am I being too critical?
a7d646b42a06daca733a1cdb7ec97b05.jpg

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like those guys at the shop. The one who recommended and did the build was new (never seen him before), because I guarantee the other guy who does builds there, would have been more conservative. Its just his nature.

Im not sure what a newb was doing with such a set up either, but its not the first time ive seen it. I met a kid who was running a .15ohm build on a single 18650 mech, he didnt build it, some vape shop did (not the one I go to). But its fucking crazy giving people with basically no knowledge, a mech and a shitty tutorial.
Thanks guys, I didnt think I was wrong in my concern.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The b&m I've been going to lately the guy running it pretty much turns to me for help when he's not sure bout something with a product or customer, he doesn't build yet but mainly they sell regulated boxes and precoiled tanks from evods to subtanks...and a few rebuildables. But he's open and honest with people about it too

Seven1SixJC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Taver13 @Donald Bickers @Cruel-Phate, any of you who do a lot of DIY, I was talking to @RZAwora on the PIF 6.0 thread, and about cereal flavors, if any of you have TFA Berry Crunch and TFA Milk (regular dairy milk), RZAwora is looking up the %'s he said he had used with those 2 and when he gives them to me I can post them, is there any way if whoever does have those 2 flavors could you possibly whip me up a juice with them, I've been obsessed with this Blue Crunch from Nixtera (previously Juicy Vapor) which is a Captain Crunch flavor, I think it is stand alone Berry Crunch from TFA, there is no milk flavor with it, but I want to try one of the cereal flavors with milk, I don't have any DIY stuff as of yet, and don't have that much disposable income, so before I grab the stuff to at least make this one recipe to try, I would like to at least try it out first. If any of you could help me out with that once RZAwora comes back with the %'s he used and said came out pretty good, obviously I would pay however much whoever can make it would like, I would just really like to try it out. Anyone who has those 2 and would be interested in trying it out for me would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know, thanks everyone

D

Donald Bickers

@Taver13 @Donald Bickers @Cruel-Phate, any of you who do a lot of DIY, I was talking to @RZAwora on the PIF 6.0 thread, and about cereal flavors, if any of you have TFA Berry Crunch and TFA Milk (regular dairy milk), RZAwora is looking up the %'s he said he had used with those 2 and when he gives them to me I can post them, is there any way if whoever does have those 2 flavors could you possibly whip me up a juice with them, I've been obsessed with this Blue Crunch from Nixtera (previously Juicy Vapor) which is a Captain Crunch flavor, I think it is stand alone Berry Crunch from TFA, there is no milk flavor with it, but I want to try one of the cereal flavors with milk, I don't have any DIY stuff as of yet, and don't have that much disposable income, so before I grab the stuff to at least make this one recipe to try, I would like to at least try it out first. If any of you could help me out with that once RZAwora comes back with the %'s he used and said came out pretty good, obviously I would pay however much whoever can make it would like, I would just really like to try it out. Anyone who has those 2 and would be interested in trying it out for me would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know, thanks everyone
I don't have either one of those extracts,if I did I would be more than happy to help you out,sorry bud

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Am I being too critical?
After having a guy in a bm shop sell me my first Atty his choice as a perfect new to building Atty an igow 6 o_O to tell you how bad it was he shorted the legs out about 4/times before saying oh well just run it in dual coil mode till you figure out quad coils -.-" I wish I knew back then what I know now

But honestly its like most businesses nowadays find an auto zone that has that guy that knows your part without first needing make, modle, vin, and color of underwear...its like 1 in a million.... Point is they don't hire for experience they hire for a warm body

Experience= cost $ = bad
Warm body = pay them less $ = goood

VU Sponsors