Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I was hitting my venturi with the native wick and I'm testing the dry hit on it so I let it get low I noticed it was getting super hot when I took a pull I take 3-5/sec pulls I thought my Atty was shorting and jumping to 5+ volts that's what it felt like so I take it part to find this being the culprit
76debda1573ba1fa7669711f16caa7fa.jpg

And just FYI in case you ask
dcef80cc022a11176151beba81781f23.jpg

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was hitting my venturi with the native wick and I'm testing the dry hit on it so I let it get low I noticed it was getting super hot when I took a pull I take 3-5/sec pulls I thought my Atty was shorting and jumping to 5+ volts that's what it felt like so I take it part to find this being the culprit
76debda1573ba1fa7669711f16caa7fa.jpg

And just FYI in case you ask
dcef80cc022a11176151beba81781f23.jpg
That's a hell of a dry burn lol

D

Donald Bickers

was it the juice on fire or the wick,,,,,i was wondering how much juice was on it

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
was it the juice on fire or the wick,,,,,i was wondering how much juice was on it
What it does when it fires up it pushes the juice into the well making the wick dry up and on a .3 ohm build that's enough to make it super dry hit and ignite the dried fibers of wick kinda like a flash field fire

T

Taver13

What it does when it fires up it pushes the juice into the well making the wick dry up and on a .3 ohm build that's enough to make it super dry hit and ignite the dried fibers of wick kinda like a flash field fire
either that douchebag at the store has no fucking clue, oooor, you was had

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? My phone blows up all hours of the day constantly cuz of this thread alone lol, litterally kills my battery

HOOT. Sometimes I scratch my head when folks complain about missing notifications. I struggled and figured out how to turn notifications and emails OFF about a week into PIF 5.0. I struggle to spend less than an hour out of each day trying too keep up with our proliferations, but I gotta admit that some days I call uncle on trying to keep up with what happened in 5 or 10 pages I just didn't read. I wonder how so many of us seem to do this keeping up thing. But I'm dyslexic and I know I'm not gonna win any speed reading awards. Trying to keep up in this thread reminds me of my struggle to complete required reading before class in grad school - many nights of sleep were sacrificed to avoid the embarrassment and/or castration that tended to occur when a prof caught the smart-assed asshole (me) with his proverbial pants down.

ok, here it goes, i took two strands of 22gauge nichrome, twisted but not completly to breaking, id say a third of the way, then i took that, heated it with a torch to glowing, about 3 inches at a time, while still glowing gave it a healthy whack with a hammer to flatten and fuse. now it kinda looks like a line of knots, so im calling this the celtic coil. took a 1/8 inch bit and did a 4wrap single coil. come in at .11 ohms. threw it on my mech, and by my calculations around 110 watts it would be firing. the flavor is mmmmm mmmmmm goooood. wonderful wonderful flavor, and i have never had vaporproduction quite like that from a single coil on a mech. definatly had to break out the 26650 for this one, oh yeah @Geauxst that only took me about 5 minutes to make and build

I am simply impressed. Your build looks like jewelry. I could spend 45 minutes trying to reproduce that build's symmetry and uniformity. She's smexy.

T

Taver13

HOOT. Sometimes I scratch my head when folks complain about missing notifications. I struggled and figured out how to turn notifications and emails OFF about a week into PIF 5.0. I struggle to spend less than an hour out of each day trying too keep up with our proliferations, but I gotta admit that some days I call uncle on trying to keep up with what happened in 5 or 10 pages I just didn't read. I wonder how so many of us seem to do this keeping up thing. But I'm dyslexic and I know I'm not gonna win any speed reading awards. Trying to keep up in this thread reminds me of my struggle to complete required reading before class in grad school - many nights of sleep were sacrificed to avoid the embarrassment and/or castration that tended to occur when a prof caught the smart-assed asshole (me) with his proverbial pants down.

I am simply impressed. Your build looks like jewelry. I could spend 45 minutes trying to reproduce that build's symmetry and uniformity. She's smexy.
why thank you i enjoyed both building and vaping it. i have your package ready to go out, but i honestly just completly forgot to get it to the post office the past two days. im a dunce

D

Donald Bickers

hmmm, i guess their days of being a rebuilding place are gone, they are still my go to for wire, got some ss cable on the way from them so i can really get back into some genny action
aint gonna find it much cheaper,,,wire that is,,,,and if you use ebay,,,its free shipping

T

Taver13

i like the idea of it, but plastic is to tacky for me, thats more for a shop right there. if i remember correctly you wanted a wooden one @Vaperjim i havent forgotten, just havent been able to get to my buddys house where all my wood is, i use his little wood shop for those projects. so, ill have a little something for ya sometime soon

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered " the science" from Jwraps, it's not wood. It's the only one that had several box mod holes. But it's not big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors