"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ooooooo something shiny! speaking of which, how are you liking the red flask? what are the specs on it?
It's the Kangxin 40W. Handles ohms down to .1, but haven't tried that yet. The temp control is from 200-600, but the one ni200 coil I made was a bust, so haven't tried that yet either. It's not my favorite device but it's a nice looking addition to what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Taver13

thats it? if your going to be running an orchid on it
Yeah ignorant would have been a better word I spose lol and currently I'm running my orchid v4 in it at .4ohms and from 12-19 watts
, bump up the ohmage, try 28 gauge wire. that will get you by til you get the airholes drilled out.

on another note, just opened up the holes on my fogger a bit. its a whole different tank. 1.1 ohm build with 30 gauge duals at 25 watts

T

Taver13

It's the Kangxin 40W. Handles ohms down to .1, but haven't tried that yet. The temp control is from 200-600, but the one ni200 coil I made was a bust, so haven't tried that yet either. It's not my favorite device but it's a nice looking addition to what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice, you have to build huge coils to get it to even read .1 with nickel

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YO yo yo. Back from work. I got 25hrs in the last two days and tomorrow will make it at least 36. Paycheck: good. Life: none.
Anyways, I have that ry4 with the walnut extract I made last night. Its good, but needs to steep.
Once the real flavors in the ry4 come out, the walnut will be a perfect fit.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah ignorant would have been a better word I spose lol and currently I'm running my orchid v4 in it at .4ohms and from 12-19 watts
The 30 watt ipv mini will fire .5 at the lowest, so you will need to rebuild to use that atty on it.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once you try the different modes, you will discover dcdc is where its at. Much smoother vape.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

, bump up the ohmage, try 28 gauge wire. that will get you by til you get the airholes drilled out.

on another note, just opened up the holes on my fogger a bit. its a whole different tank. 1.1 ohm build with 30 gauge duals at 25 watts
Been slowly making my way up to higher watts, a lot of it is just cuz I usually run higher vg (usually max vg) l with thinner juice I was running higher. Normally I mainly drip but low on juice so I'm trying not to blow through it lol

T

Taver13

if your talking about f
That would be like heaven :) also any idea on where I could find replacement screws for a v2?
or the posts, i have a bunch, i ordered them from a hobby shop, that is if you have the grub screws that use an allen wrench that is small as fuck. i got a bunch extra ill give ya a couple

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if your talking about f

or the posts, i have a bunch, i ordered them from a hobby shop, that is if you have the grub screws that use an allen wrench that is small as fuck. i got a bunch extra ill give ya a couple
Yep those are the ones, and sweet thanks man I appreciate it :)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
send me that orchid, ill make it a much better machine, i run nothing less than 80 vg in my orchids, as low as .2 and 50 plus watts
they can be beast on mechs too
I can vouch for this. The orchid you drilled out for me is awesome and I use it everyday.
I use it on a mech exclusively, for my work mod. Im using 26ga nichrome80, dual coil, 2.4mm Inside diameter, 7 wraps, at around .3ohm.
It hits awesome from fully charged till 3.8v.
Im lovin it.

T

Taver13

i
I can vouch for this. The orchid you drilled out for me is awesome and I use it everyday.
I use it on a mech exclusively, for my work mod. Im using 26ga nichrome80, dual coil, 2.4mm Inside diameter, 7 wraps, at around .3ohm.
It hits awesome from fully charged till 3.8v.
Im lovin it.
i just built my silverplay, dual 6 wrap 26 gauge parrallel nichrome on a 2.4 i havent ohmed it out yet, cause im waiting for a juice to finish steeping before i wick, but ill guess at around .1 or so. its going on my praxis, btw how do you like yours? if you ever wanna get rid of it.....

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell no fucking way man! I love love love love my brass praxis with your orchid on top (I have the v1 tank on your v2 base). It goes everywhere with me and keeps the mileage off my sig150, so hopefully it lasts a while. 001.JPG

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im probably gonna be getting a lemo2 soon. Maybe that can sit on the sig.
Yea taver, it turns out that dude whos selling it lives withiin 100mi of me. We will probably meet up next week, so it will be cool to meet a fellow VUer.

T

Taver13

Im probably gonna be getting a lemo2 soon. Maybe that can sit on the sig.
Yea taver, it turns out that dude whos selling it lives withiin 100mi of me. We will probably meet up next week, so it will be cool to meet a fellow VUer.
i built it dual coil with 28 at .8 ohms 50 watts all day, it is a beast for sure

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like beast. Have a good night man, Im going to bed.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
if your talking about f

where you get the grub screws i have a few attys id like to replace the 2 foot screwheads with grub screws lol

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i use the v4 orchid chimneys and they work fine, you have the smaller version orchids?
Actually have no Orchids atm. I had a V1 and I think i threw it in the PIF box, loved how it vaped hated filling it . So was gonna buy a v3 base the kayfun chimney and a bell cap from fasttech and build my on Frankenorchid. But currently they are out of the chimneys.

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Love my Fogger v4.0 I haven't drilled it out but totally removed the air flow ring. Run dual 28g coils wrapped around the blue screw driver 5 wraps each comes out to .5 ohms. Usually run it at 30 watts and it vapes great.

L

Lighty269

I have to throw in my 2 cents for what it is worth, some of the higher end, like evolv use DC to DC to step down the voltage and it is not PWM.

T

Taver13

I am traveling again this week, but this time will be in a hotel with nothing to do. If you need help, let me know. I have any software needed.
awesome dude! that is much appreciated. im going to be making a small intro video as well to kick off the youtube channel. im going to have a coupon codes for discounted lemo 2's as well sometime in the review. so when i get the footage for the intro video, ill definatly hit you up for it. i think a quick 5 minute into video would be great. get people into the feel of what im doin

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
awesome dude! that is much appreciated. im going to be making a small intro video as well to kick off the youtube channel. im going to have a coupon codes for discounted lemo 2's as well sometime in the review. so when i get the footage for the intro video, ill definatly hit you up for it. i think a quick 5 minute into video would be great. get people into the feel of what im doin
Sounds good. Break a leg (I think that is appropriate here). Keep it short, I hate reviews because they are so long most of the time.

T

Taver13

that sounds like a good setup. having two of them is going to make it a whole lot easier too. going to show that it can have single and dual builds (if you have the balls to try and stuff a dual in there lol) show some cloud shots, ect. how to fill and whatnot

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
za

I'm just gonna do my trouble maker thing. I watch a moderate amount of youtube - more firearm than vaping FWIW. Rewind 20 years to my fraternity boy days ... I had a saying I wanna share drilled into my never, ever hazed backside: Fine points are the difference between a good man and a great man. It was one of the most valuable lessons I carried through and beyond that experience. Fast forward back to today.

When I view reviews I truly appreciate the reviewers that take the time to edit links directly into the review. Here's where I tie this advice into an actual reply: If you're going to do an intro video to set your scene ... talk about it AND link over to it in the first minute of your review, the do it again in the last minute of your review. IME we find reviews and reviewers by searching the items we are trying to learn about. Until I start to buy what your selling I won't find your reviews until I'm already shopping what you review. You can nest these links as far and deep as your material will take you. E.g. lets say you want to show off that Celtic coil in a build you demonstrate in the review ... link over to a how-to on the build. IMO, shoving something like that in the build will turn off folks that 1) ain't ready for nichrome, 2) don't have the skills or know how to try it, and 3) don't give a flying crap 'cause they're gonna build what they want to build. Not making them watch the build is a win and it keeps your actual review content on topic.

The journalism format also works when delivering your content. It's a simple approach, but it helps. That format is: 1) tell us what you are going to tell us, 2) then do the telling, finally 3) tell us what you told us. Don't save the conclusion for the final seconds - put it right up front. Short version: I love this thing and would buy it without hesitation. Here are the reasons why. Here's what isn't ideal. All things considered, I'd buy this thing without hesitation; in fact I've ordered two more 'cause I've decided I can't live without at least three.

Also, do outline your review so that you have a basic plan of what you feel needs to be presented in order to deliver an understanding of your relationship with the item you are reviewing. The order in which you present makes a tremendous difference in the ultimate value of a review. Consider that viewers are investing their time.

I'm gonna make you an analogy. A good review is like a good paint job. You can't lay good paint over sloppy prep. Well, you can, but the paint will look like crap regardless of how skillfully it was applied.

One more comment which I make because you've shared stills here. Don't be a gremlin ... bright light is your friend when filming. I lied 'cause I also want to pass on an @Tawni gripe and I know you are a mechanic. Clean your hands and scrub your nails ... or, wear some black latex gloves so that you don't lose folks 'cause you actually work for a living. She will never fail to observe dirty nails and generally misses content 'cause she can't see past the packaging.

Good luck and I'm excited for you. You have a tremendous personality and I look forward to seeing it shine.

VU Sponsors