Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
L

Lighty269

Your Right!

za

I'm just gonna do my trouble maker thing. I watch a moderate amount of youtube - more firearm than vaping FWIW. Rewind 20 years to my fraternity boy days ... I had a saying I wanna share drilled into my never, ever hazed backside: Fine points are the difference between a good man and a great man. It was one of the most valuable lessons I carried through and beyond that experience. Fast forward back to today.

When I view reviews I truly appreciate the reviewers that take the time to edit links directly into the review. Here's where I tie this advice into an actual reply: If you're going to do an intro video to set your scene ... talk about it AND link over to it in the first minute of your review, the do it again in the last minute of your review. IME we find reviews and reviewers by searching the items we are trying to learn about. Until I start to buy what your selling I won't find your reviews until I'm already shopping what you review. You can nest these links as far and deep as your material will take you. E.g. lets say you want to show off that Celtic coil in a build you demonstrate in the review ... link over to a how-to on the build. IMO, shoving something like that in the build will turn off folks that 1) ain't ready for nichrome, 2) don't have the skills or know how to try it, and 3) don't give a flying crap 'cause they're gonna build what they want to build. Not making them watch the build is a win and it keeps your actual review content on topic.

The journalism format also works when delivering your content. It's a simple approach, but it helps. That format is: 1) tell us what you are going to tell us, 2) then do the telling, finally 3) tell us what you told us. Don't save the conclusion for the final seconds - put it right up front. Short version: I love this thing and would buy it without hesitation. Here are the reasons why. Here's what isn't ideal. All things considered, I'd buy this thing without hesitation; in fact I've ordered two more 'cause I've decided I can't live without at least three.

Also, do outline your review so that you have a basic plan of what you feel needs to be presented in order to deliver an understanding of your relationship with the item you are reviewing. The order in which you present makes a tremendous difference in the ultimate value of a review. Consider that viewers are investing their time.

I'm gonna make you an analogy. A good review is like a good paint job. You can't lay good paint over sloppy prep. Well, you can, but the paint will look like crap regardless of how skillfully it was applied.

One more comment which I make because you've shared stills here. Don't be a gremlin ... bright light is your friend when filming. I lied 'cause I also want to pass on an @Tawni gripe and I know you are a mechanic. Clean your hands and scrub your nails ... or, wear some black latex gloves so that you don't lose folks 'cause you actually work for a living. She will never fail to observe dirty nails and generally misses content 'cause she can't see past the packaging.

Good luck and I'm excited for you. You have a tremendous personality and I look forward to seeing it shine.

T

Taver13

za

I'm just gonna do my trouble maker thing. I watch a moderate amount of youtube - more firearm than vaping FWIW. Rewind 20 years to my fraternity boy days ... I had a saying I wanna share drilled into my never, ever hazed backside: Fine points are the difference between a good man and a great man. It was one of the most valuable lessons I carried through and beyond that experience. Fast forward back to today.

When I view reviews I truly appreciate the reviewers that take the time to edit links directly into the review. Here's where I tie this advice into an actual reply: If you're going to do an intro video to set your scene ... talk about it AND link over to it in the first minute of your review, the do it again in the last minute of your review. IME we find reviews and reviewers by searching the items we are trying to learn about. Until I start to buy what your selling I won't find your reviews until I'm already shopping what you review. You can nest these links as far and deep as your material will take you. E.g. lets say you want to show off that Celtic coil in a build you demonstrate in the review ... link over to a how-to on the build. IMO, shoving something like that in the build will turn off folks that 1) ain't ready for nichrome, 2) don't have the skills or know how to try it, and 3) don't give a flying crap 'cause they're gonna build what they want to build. Not making them watch the build is a win and it keeps your actual review content on topic.

The journalism format also works when delivering your content. It's a simple approach, but it helps. That format is: 1) tell us what you are going to tell us, 2) then do the telling, finally 3) tell us what you told us. Don't save the conclusion for the final seconds - put it right up front. Short version: I love this thing and would buy it without hesitation. Here are the reasons why. Here's what isn't ideal. All things considered, I'd buy this thing without hesitation; in fact I've ordered two more 'cause I've decided I can't live without at least three.

Also, do outline your review so that you have a basic plan of what you feel needs to be presented in order to deliver an understanding of your relationship with the item you are reviewing. The order in which you present makes a tremendous difference in the ultimate value of a review. Consider that viewers are investing their time.

I'm gonna make you an analogy. A good review is like a good paint job. You can't lay good paint over sloppy prep. Well, you can, but the paint will look like crap regardless of how skillfully it was applied.

One more comment which I make because you've shared stills here. Don't be a gremlin ... bright light is your friend when filming. I lied 'cause I also want to pass on an @Tawni gripe and I know you are a mechanic. Clean your hands and scrub your nails ... or, wear some black latex gloves so that you don't lose folks 'cause you actually work for a living. She will never fail to observe dirty nails and generally misses content 'cause she can't see past the packaging.

Good luck and I'm excited for you. You have a tremendous personality and I look forward to seeing it shine.
you are a smart man! i really appreciate the input. i was already conisddering wearing mechanix gloves in the video cause my hands and nails are completly trashed. like you said, you are right i should have a few other videos, ie tutorials, be it simple ones that tha average vaper will look for, and complex ones. these should definatly be done before my review. i completly agree. i love the idea of having a build in something and then a link to the tutorial, leaving the build out. gotta keep em interested and clicking links. i do plan n embedding links botht to other videos and and to the site/coupon codes to get the reviewed product. once again thank you for the brilliant input, this is one of the things i love about this group, everyone here is watching out and helping eachother.

T

Taver13

What do you think of them? I just ordered one about 4 hours ago.
i love em, i didnt care for the one, but the two is awesome, one i ordered, one i got sent to review. so i have been beating them up pretty good

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i love em, i didnt care for the one, but the two is awesome, one i ordered, one i got sent to review. so i have been beating them up pretty good
Whats your build you are running in them?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
right now in one of them im running dual 28 gauge nichrome ten wrap on 3/32 .8 ohms, around 45 watts
and in the other, tripple twisted 28gauge nichrome, 5 wrap on a 1/8th .5 ohm, at around 35 watts
Pg/vg ratio? No dry hits?

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok. I use only rayon as well. Planning on using 26g around .6. Sounds like I shouldnt have any problema.

T

Taver13

not at all, i enjoy it so much more than the original lemo, i tried many times to like it but just couldnt

D

Donald Bickers

im thinking about putting one of those bell caps on my stingray x in 18350 mode,its stainless and copper,and the bell caps are nano's,,,thinkin that will look sick

D

Donald Bickers

I gotta hit the rak man,tree service will be here at 8,got a big soft maple that needs to come down
see you in the mornin

D

Donald Bickers

QmqEWHp.jpg

VU Sponsors