"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dude, i was looking at a 14.4 volt dewalt and 8.4 from one of my rc cars....and for the records mosfets basically work when it gets a signal to the pole it closes the gate from the source to the discharge, so its masically a small relay, if that makes any sense, i think i have some marine relays laying around...

Still haven't taken it to paper, but my brain is close to a solution. You'll need three relays of the type that operate one circuit when closed and switch to the alternative circuit when opened. Essentially, you'll be operating a pair dual battery with relays of this type to select between parallel and series operation. Slave the pairs to a single switch so it sets the same condition. Now that you have the pair of dual battery series/parallel switchable ... use the third relay (of the same type) to join the dual battery circuits as if they were the individual batteries in the first circuit. so you'd need a dpst rocker to set the pair of dual battery as series or parallel and a spst rocker to set the operation of the pair of pairs.

My remaining concern is powering the relays. I'm new to the battery marriage thing and need to figure out how damaging it would be to isolate power for the switches via diodes protecting a circuit off one of the 4 batteries. Ideally, the relays would be operated using a 5th battery (plenty of room for a dedicated 18350 or 14500 in there when you consider the volume of a 4 x 26650 box.

Sorry for the f'd up narrative explanation ... I'm trying to describe the diagram visualized in my head. It is definitely time to move to paper. If I get time after picking up this bike wheel before meeting tonight ... I'll be scribbling. One last thought to throw into the mix ... need to use LEDs instead of regular diodes so that you also have visual confirmation of what circuits are selected. How it's set to fire will mean a lot to your coil selection - strategically placed LEDs can both isolate circuits and indicate what you'll deliver when you press the fire button ... dunno if mosfet will handle the fire job, but sure that a relay can.

My forehead is warm and it's your fault @Taver13.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Geauxst check out the rampage rda....beast status
brb I need a towel!!

df3248d2a686ea393361fed55a10eeb9.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

T

Taver13

Still haven't taken it to paper, but my brain is close to a solution. You'll need three relays of the type that operate one circuit when closed and switch to the alternative circuit when opened. Essentially, you'll be operating a pair dual battery with relays of this type to select between parallel and series operation. Slave the pairs to a single switch so it sets the same condition. Now that you have the pair of dual battery series/parallel switchable ... use the third relay (of the same type) to join the dual battery circuits as if they were the individual batteries in the first circuit. so you'd need a dpst rocker to set the pair of dual battery as series or parallel and a spst rocker to set the operation of the pair of pairs.

My remaining concern is powering the relays. I'm new to the battery marriage thing and need to figure out how damaging it would be to isolate power for the switches via diodes protecting a circuit off one of the 4 batteries. Ideally, the relays would be operated using a 5th battery (plenty of room for a dedicated 18350 or 14500 in there when you consider the volume of a 4 x 26650 box.

Sorry for the f'd up narrative explanation ... I'm trying to describe the diagram visualized in my head. It is definitely time to move to paper. If I get time after picking up this bike wheel before meeting tonight ... I'll be scribbling. One last thought to throw into the mix ... need to use LEDs instead of regular diodes so that you also have visual confirmation of what circuits are selected. How it's set to fire will mean a lot to your coil selection - strategically placed LEDs can both isolate circuits and indicate what you'll deliver when you press the fire button ... dunno if mosfet will handle the fire job, but sure that a relay can.

i definatly follow, and i wonder if it would be smarter to have the relays be powered by all four at once? wouldnt you need twelve volts to open and close the relays?

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Taver13 That rampage looks pretty sweet! That splash guard would be nice for spitting juice, but at the same time I like to use my wide bore tip so I don't have to remove the cap in order to drip, just drip right through the wide bore lol

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
dude i love this thing, you need it, like seriously, this thing is awesome, got a build of 10 wrap double twisted 30 gauge nichrome in it, .4 ohms and its a cool vape at 115 watts! dont go by the ohm meter in this pic because it was before i tightened the coils up
View attachment 20127
Ordered and on the way...got it from angelcigs for 13$... You know the authentic one runs 130$ WTF

Sent from my LabRatory

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dude i love this thing, you need it, like seriously, this thing is awesome, got a build of 10 wrap double twisted 30 gauge nichrome in it, .4 ohms and its a cool vape at 115 watts! dont go by the ohm meter in this pic because it was before i tightened the coils up
View attachment 20127
mmmm me likey!! How's the airflow on it compared to the Dark Horse wide open?
the thing helps to distribute the juice evenly, im running it with the chuff and drip directly into it
Hmm... didn't actually think about that... makes sense lol

T

Taver13

also, if i get down to my house today, im gonna see what i have for relays laying around that i have taken outa boats...im intrigued, and this may happen, i think i know the box i wanna build on as well.....ill have a pic later

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I live on about 8 acres. I don't farm it. I rent it to a nearby farmer. It's on my to do list if I ever feel better.
It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when...stay positive!! ;)
Pauly a looper clone would be awesome. I think maybe some flavors I messed up mixing. I am trying to convince myself that I don't need to go buy some Looper to have on standby after my surgery (after no vaping in the hospital). I have plenty of juice just not THAT JUICE. I have one side of myself saying treat yourself, the other side saying you have too much darn liquid.
Pauly a looper clone would be awesome. I think maybe some flavors I messed up mixing. I am trying to convince myself that I don't need to go buy some Looper to have on standby after my surgery (after no vaping in the hospital). I have plenty of juice just not THAT JUICE. I have one side of myself saying treat yourself, the other side saying you have too much darn liquid.
I was allowed to vape in the hospitals I have stayed at in the past. However I know New York has some picky-ass laws, so it might be different there. I was allowed to vape at UPenn Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, and my local one, Beebe Hospital, Lewes, DE. Although my state right now is working on passing a law that makes vaping indoors against the law. The only exception is private clubs (American Legion, VFW, Moose, etc) and B&M vape shops. It already passed our state House and is getting ready to be voted on by the state Senate. I think it's really dumb that they are doing this everywhere. Hopefully you'll be allowed to vape where you are going to be, but if not, I'd stealth vape unless someone catches you and yells at you...then just play dumb and say "Oh I didn't know...I figured since it was just water vapor it was okay. It's not any tobacco and there's zero nicotine in this." Hell, they don't know the difference. I would treat yourself to the bottle of Looper if your funds allow it...you need to do little things like that right now to help keep your spirits up. :)
View attachment 20123vape mail yesterday. Looks good, but puts everything too close together to be functional, other than for display. Came from Jwraps, and if you contact them within Two weeks to get a status update, they will be snarky.
That thing is very nice looking @Vaperjim
It's been raining here, off and on, for days. But we were spared what Oklahoma got. A friend of mine, a local news reporter, was there as the exterior wall fell off of a 6-story hotel.
I bet that was a scary experience! o_O
I am afraid it will have to waite till I get home this weekend, wife has no idea where it is
No problem @Lighty269 ...I was just worried that maybe USPS had lost it. :( If it's still at your house somewhere, that makes me happy actually.
early vapemail, fedex droppin off a gallon and a half each of pg and vg
Do you go through that much PG that you order them in the same amounts? I go through twice as much VG as I do PG.
Wow, I can't believe the first round is already almost over!! It amazes me how quickly we had this box moving compared to some of the other PIF boxes!!
That's cause we ARE the best box
We are the best!!! Damn right!!! PIF Box 6 reached its first stop this afternoon as well...woot woot!! :D

T

Taver13

It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when...stay positive!! ;)

I was allowed to vape in the hospitals I have stayed at in the past. However I know New York has some picky-ass laws, so it might be different there. I was allowed to vape at UPenn Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, and my local one, Beebe Hospital, Lewes, DE. Although my state right now is working on passing a law that makes vaping indoors against the law. The only exception is private clubs (American Legion, VFW, Moose, etc) and B&M vape shops. It already passed our state House and is getting ready to be voted on by the state Senate. I think it's really dumb that they are doing this everywhere. Hopefully you'll be allowed to vape where you are going to be, but if not, I'd stealth vape unless someone catches you and yells at you...then just play dumb and say "Oh I didn't know...I figured since it was just water vapor it was okay. It's not any tobacco and there's zero nicotine in this." Hell, they don't know the difference. I would treat yourself to the bottle of Looper if your funds allow it...you need to do little things like that right now to help keep your spirits up. :)

That thing is very nice looking @Vaperjim

I bet that was a scary experience! o_O

No problem @Lighty269 ...I was just worried that maybe USPS had lost it. :( If it's still at your house somewhere, that makes me happy actually.

Do you go through that much PG that you order them in the same amounts? I go through twice as much VG as I do PG.

We are the best!!! Damn right!!! PIF Box 6 reached its first stop this afternoon as well...woot woot!! :D
i use pg to make all my extracts, so that takes up a good ammount, and my wife uses 60 vg and i use 40 pg in my lemos and kayfuns, so i tend to go through it just as quick. i use max vg in my drippers and silverplay. also, our juice line is launching soon so im gonna need it....

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to sit with paper and pencil. But ... rockers worry me 'cause by the time you get to the third series connection in line (heck, even the first and second) ... you'd be looking at some welding serious power potential across a switch. Ergo my relay comment ... double pole double throw rockers controlling relays ... I know relays better than mosfets 'cause most of my applications have been vehicular. I just know my competition grade stereo days fried more than a couple mosfets in amplifiers - in truth, the mosfets seem to operate as silicon relays ... I just understand the mechanical operation of relays and should probably figure out how mosfets actually accomplish their task.

You realize you actually have me looking at my small arsenal of Ryobi 18V lithiums. I'd swear they blushed when they noticed my gaze. Before anyone asks why ... if I do it, 'cause-I-can was a satisfactory answer in my decision making process.

Good.

Get it ... you're worth it. Wild that hospital is no vaping. But, when I woke up from an induced coma after the motorcycle smash bang ... I gotta admit that I didn't even think of vaping or nicotine until my cousin handed me an ego in the car on the ride home - 3 days later.
I usually stealth vape. Still not the same as being able to enjoy it. Maybe it is allowed and I just never realized it. Doubtful though. I realize I have to go buy coils and sweatpants tomorrow so will be at the vape shop anyways, so will probably spring for a bottle of Looper and enjoy it before the hospital (and a few drags in there). The anesthesiologist said it was fine to cape right up until the surgery. I thought that was neat because they always said no cigarettes for 48 hours (I never listened but definitely a difference).

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually stealth vape. Still not the same as being able to enjoy it. Maybe it is allowed and I just never realized it. Doubtful though. I realize I have to go buy coils and sweatpants tomorrow so will be at the vape shop anyways, so will probably spring for a bottle of Looper and enjoy it before the hospital (and a few drags in there). The anesthesiologist said it was fine to cape right up until the surgery. I thought that was neat because they always said no cigarettes for 48 hours (I never listened but definitely a difference).
Yeah I never listened to that either back when I smoked. I'd smoke like a feen on my way to the hospital for surgery.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, im trying to figure out what flavors are in it, i thought i did when i ordered flavoring but i believe i was way off, needed a second opinion
I wish there was a machine you could put a juice in and it would tell you what flavors are in it...that would be the shit. Plus it'd be vape famous...everyone that DIY's would probably use it at one point or another.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I never listened to that either back when I smoked. I'd smoke like a feen on my way to the hospital for surgery.
Me too. Always.
yeah, im trying to figure out what flavors are in it, i thought i did when i ordered flavoring but i believe i was way off, needed a second opinion
I thought the pumpkin tumble was interesting. I think that there was a note of tea in it. It has been awhile since I tasted it. I couldn't vape very much of it.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@anendeloflorien we have a juice in our upcoming line that i think you are going to immensly enjoy....

Ok ... time to let the nosey out for a breather. I'm curious ... how did you arrive at Vrod? IMO, it's the baddest bike Harley makes, but biker boys still look at it as a chick bike. And, who else is involved in the "we?" More than fair if it ain't for me to know. I just figure it prolly came out one of the days I got 10 pages behind and skipped a chapter.

Regarding the relays, power required to switch them will vary according to their spec. I have a catalog for an electronics supplier on the passenger seat of my car. I will try to remember to grab it and see if they list stuff that will do what I'm imagining. Regarding using all 4 to switch the relay ... that'd be hard to do since their job will be to switch battery configurations between series and parallel. I imagine one master battery driving the relay configuration and doing duty to drive the atty or a 5th battery that exclusively powers the relays. I use tons at work, but they are alternating current ... I do very little work with direct current so I mostly tap hobby stuff for DC references.

T

Taver13

Ok ... time to let the nosey out for a breather. I'm curious ... how did you arrive at Vrod? IMO, it's the baddest bike Harley makes, but biker boys still look at it as a chick bike. And, who else is involved in the "we?" More than fair if it ain't for me to know. I just figure it prolly came out one of the days I got 10 pages behind and skipped a chapter.

Regarding the relays, power required to switch them will vary according to their spec. I have a catalog for an electronics supplier on the passenger seat of my car. I will try to remember to grab it and see if they list stuff that will do what I'm imagining. Regarding using all 4 to switch the relay ... that'd be hard to do since their job will be to switch battery configurations between series and parallel. I imagine one master battery driving the relay configuration and doing duty to drive the atty or a 5th battery that exclusively powers the relays. I use tons at work, but they are alternating current ... I do very little work with direct current so I mostly tap hobby stuff for DC references.
i see what you are saying there, i didnt think of it that way, alot of my stuff in the marine world is dc, problem is is that alot of it is extremly high amperage stuff so pretty much not usable in this situation. As to the VROD, trying to go for a mechanical auto bike theme going on and i was just sitting there thinking back to when i was at MMI for some reason, dreaming, and i was thinking about the VR1000 race bike they had on display there and BAM, it hit me VROD vapors, and i agree they are fucking sweet bikes

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have a buddy from work who wants to buy a mod off me to use for medical use and wants to buy one from me says he has $50 for me for one, trying to decide between having to part with either the ipv mini 30w or my ipv v2 50w.....I know it should be a easy choice but still up in the air on it, any suggestions/input?

VU Sponsors