• Total voters

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking I'm going to re-PIF the orchid I've got. It's a great tank just not quite my style. I think I could get it there with some modification but I don't have the time/money to put into parts haha. I don't have much going into the box but I've got a good friend who's looking to get off the stinkies that I may try and snag a setup for.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpg

I can't decide which I want more...... Seriously I think kanger is hitting the nail on the head selling these as a ready to go kit. I wish these had existed a year ago when I first tried vaping I would have saved sooooo much money on crappy mods and tanks

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey @dred was that your MC involved in that shooting in Waco, TX? I ask because I seen some guys in pictures from the scene wearing yellow vests that looked similar to the ones I seen in your photos. I'm just checking in on you to make sure you're okay.
I heard it was between the cassics and banditos(sorry for spelling I tried)

Sent from my LabRatory

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is a dumb question I think I already know the answer but is there any way to charge your batteries to make them work better like for example mine don't last very long anymore lol

Sent From The BatCave

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know this is a dumb question I think I already know the answer but is there any way to charge your batteries to make them work better like for example mine don't last very long anymore lol

Sent From The BatCave
I don't own one myself but there are a couple of higher end chargers (Xtar I think is one) that claim to be able to extend the life of batteries.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent From The BatCave
Depends on batteries and the type of charger, if it's anything like the lipos I use for my r/c's you can sometimes get a dying cell to wanna work to normal again

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sent From The BatCave
Your battery life is dependent on a couple factors. What kind of work are these batteries doing? Are they in a mech or a regulated mod? Do you casual sub ohm (.4-1) or do you low sub ohm (0-.3)?
What kind of batteries do you have?
Unless your charger is poopy, charging is a pretty standard thing.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So @Taver13 I went out and bought some Vapor Lock Friday anyways... After I got the idea in my head I just couldn't kick it and gave in... well now it's already almost gone and I'm sitting here at my desk waiting for 230 to roll around because I can taste that vapor lock flavor in my mouth as I'm typing this... Can't wait to have 120ml of it and not have to worry about running out for a bit!

L

Lighty269

Sent From The BatCave

It is also a good idea to let them get to 3.2 volts, then charge them with a low amp charger to trickle charge them back to life. If that don't work, try 2 amp charger.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's Samsung 18650 batteries I have a caravela mech mod with an Atlantis aspire tank so it's at a .5 ohms ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431975131.667456.jpg
That's the charger I'm usin I can go up 2 amps charge they just don't last long

Sent From The BatCave

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @dred was that your MC involved in that shooting in Waco, TX? I ask because I seen some guys in pictures from the scene wearing yellow vests that looked similar to the ones I seen in your photos. I'm just checking in on you to make sure you're okay.

Well, I don't know much. I do know the media is way off on their reporting. I had 4 members at a nearby meeting; they were not involved; they were detained while PD got things sorted; they were home last night. All this happened in proximity to a meeting of clubs. Evidently some club failed to get along with some other club. Please accept my claim of ignorance; I can't tell a story if I can't verify the truth. Since I'm part of an AMA Club, I will never know what happened for certain - my club is not and will not be involved. We put down that part of the life back in the early 1970s when we joined the AMA and focused on family and good fun.

Edit2: I tried. It's Gold. The color of my cut is Gold:cool:.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I don't know much. I do know the media is way off on their reporting. I had 4 members at a nearby meeting; they were not involved; they were detained while PD got things sorted; they were home last night. All this happened in proximity to a meeting of clubs. Evidently some club failed to get along with some other club. Please accept my claim of ignorance; I can't tell a story if I can't verify the truth. Since I'm part of an AMA Club, I will never know what happened for certain - my club is not and will not be involved. We put down that part of the life back in the early 1970s when we joined the AMA and focused on family and good fun.

I will also say that Sons of Anarchy is fiction but the world of Three Piece Patch Clubs - one percent and AMA - is more real than most understand. Definitely a sub culture, definitely misunderstood and definitely real.

Glad to hear you are all right @dred! We are just a couple hours away from Waco and my wife is pretty sure she knew a few people involved. She used to work at an icehouse outside of town that a lot of the Mexican bikers frequented. I'd go up there all the time and hang out with them, play pool and shoot the shit. They're great guys for the most part. I grew up in a biking family, but never got really involved myself.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had them for a good while lol I'm thinking maybe they are just old

Sent From The BatCave

The .5 rate on your S2 will give you the greatest number of battery cycles. The 2 will get your battery to capacity quicker. I have a Luc and I only use the .5. As your batteries collect cycles, their mAh degrades.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to hear you are all right @dred! We are just a couple hours away from Waco and my wife is pretty sure she knew a few people involved. She used to work at an icehouse outside of town that a lot of the Mexican bikers frequented. I'd go up there all the time and hang out with them, play pool and shoot the shit. They're great guys for the most part. I grew up in a biking family, but never got really involved myself.

Bett'n Yankee Tavern in Carlos. I visit a few times a year ... best roads in this part of Texas.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The .5 rate on your S2 will give you the greatest number of battery cycles. The 2 will get your battery to capacity quicker. I have a Luc and I only use the .5. As your batteries collect cycles, their mAh degrades.
So pretty much I need to get new batteries then?

Sent From The BatCave

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So pretty much I need to get new batteries then?

Sent From The BatCave

I can't answer directly. But, if you are unhappy with the speed at which the vape degrades on a fresh charge ... new batteries will perform better in that regard. I'm talking samsungs to samsungs type new batteries. No promises if you're thinking of throwing oranges into the apple pile.

dodyhearts

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't answer directly. But, if you are unhappy with the speed at which the vape degrades on a fresh charge ... new batteries will perform better in that regard. I'm talking samsungs to samsungs type new batteries. No promises if you're thinking of throwing oranges into the apple pile.
I have been under the impression that the lg are the best for the 18650s so I might switch to that but then again I could always switch to a reg mod as well

Sent From The BatCave

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lets get some hand checkage up in here
View attachment 20727
copper FM mod, with samurai bonsai rda, single 20 gauge nichroime 5 wrap standard coil. .3 ohms vapin some cool breeze
91f25fc2c68a69eb4c7a4e8871770ebd.jpg

Hand checked running a lethal with some red apple crisp on the new nemmi megaton mod with triple 18650 mode ... Chucking the vapor man

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been under the impression that the lg are the best for the 18650s so I might switch to that but then again I could always switch to a reg mod as well

Sent From The BatCave
Don't vtc's are the champs just hard to find the vtc5 and when you do it's usually counterfeit but yeah I was heavy vaping on the Atlantis as well going through 2-3 charges a day so I switched to lg he4 2500 mah... And bumpkiss it does last a bit longer but honestly not much .... BUT when I paired them in the Sig 150 world of difference I actually can start in the morning and not change my batt till I'm going to bed at night I bought 2 2 packs of these and have yet to touch the second pair but individually not a big change to be honest

Sent from my LabRatory

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 20744
sweet setup courtesy of @MOMABEAR !!!!!!, sweet hammer and some vape bandage!

@Geauxst flavorings are here, gonna get to work on your juice tonight

Bro. You may be facing a crossroads. Ask yourself ... are you a mental mechanic, or are you a labrat? JS ... Geauxst owns that Hammer thing. I'm sure he's cool with your tribute, but I hear he's already planning to borrow tools and there may be a lab coat in the mail.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't vtc's are the champs just hard to find the vtc5 and when you do it's usually counterfeit but yeah I was heavy vaping on the Atlantis as well going through 2-3 charges a day so I switched to lg he4 2500 mah... And bumpkiss it does last a bit longer but honestly not much .... BUT when I paired them in the Sig 150 world of difference I actually can start in the morning and not change my batt till I'm going to bed at night I bought 2 2 packs of these and have yet to touch the second pair but individually not a big change to be honest

Sent from my LabRatory

VTCs ... FWIW, in the bright green world ... the VTC3s hit the hardest. VTC4s last a bit longer and still hit almost as hard as the VTC3s. VTC5s last longer still, but pack the weakest punch. By hit hardest I am referring to the batteries ability to deliver extreme amperage quickly. In the bright green world, the harder it hits, the sooner it quits.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
91f25fc2c68a69eb4c7a4e8871770ebd.jpg

Hand checked running a lethal with some red apple crisp on the new nemmi megaton mod with triple 18650 mode ... Chucking the vapor man

Sent from my LabRatory

Holy mother of mods man! Ok, I'm always confused by this - I've run pretty much entirely regulated mods since I started, what is the benefit of stacked batteries in a mech mod? Is it longer battery life, higher output voltage, lower amp draw?

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy mother of mods man! Ok, I'm always confused by this - I've run pretty much entirely regulated mods since I started, what is the benefit of stacked batteries in a mech mod? Is it longer battery life, higher output voltage, lower amp draw?
don't get a mech please

Sent from my LabRatory

VU Sponsors