Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

i did three coats of primer, now im doing the base coat of white (3 coats)+a coat of metalizer for under the flourecent green, so the color pops more the white should be dry by tomorrow, thejn ill do a few coats of green til i get the shade i like. then probobly another 24 hours til the black comes, wait a day then the clear, then wetsand next day followed by last coat of clear, then after thats dry, polish told ya, the paint takes the longest

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, everyone...I received the box, I only briefly looked through it...soon as I get minute when people are not scattered everywhere I will check everything out.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the first box opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i did three coats of primer, now im doing the base coat of white (3 coats)+a coat of metalizer for under the flourecent green, so the color pops more the white should be dry by tomorrow, thejn ill do a few coats of green til i get the shade i like. then probobly another 24 hours til the black comes, wait a day then the clear, then wetsand next day followed by last coat of clear, then after thats dry, polish told ya, the paint takes the longest
No man I completely underatand! I've done some painting in my life and actually you're getting it done a lot faster than I woulda expected... multiple coats in one day, hustlin that box! Right on man! Sounds like I'm gunna love it for sure!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are you building on?

I've been trying my hand at rebuilding the stock coils. I've gotten a couple that are "ok" but they're not even close to the flavor and vapor that I get off the stock coils. For my .8-1.0 ohm coils I've been using 28g kanthal 5-6 wraps and my last one that was almost good was a 2.0mm I.D. Close spaced coil. I've tried rayon, Japanese cotton, and organic cotton balls for wicking just can't quite get it to flavor plus no dry hits like the stock coils. Hopefully someday I can figure em out lol

D

Donald Bickers

I've been trying my hand at rebuilding the stock coils. I've gotten a couple that are "ok" but they're not even close to the flavor and vapor that I get off the stock coils. For my .8-1.0 ohm coils I've been using 28g kanthal 5-6 wraps and my last one that was almost good was a 2.0mm I.D. Close spaced coil. I've tried rayon, Japanese cotton, and organic cotton balls for wicking just can't quite get it to flavor plus no dry hits like the stock coils. Hopefully someday I can figure em out lol
sounds like to much cotton,,,choking your coil

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sounds like to much cotton,,,choking your coil
Last one I did with rayon and it seems to wick really well, I used a really light amount of rayon to begin with and actually wound up taking a little more out after the first tank through it. I think I'm going to try a spaced coil with a slightly larger diameter next time and try to wick it really lightly with rayon

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have not tried to rewick or rebuild a sub ohm coil yet. But, I can tell you that a microcoil or a macrocoil is not going to achieve the heating surface area Kanger is getting with their spaced coils. Kanger's coils are very efficient about exposing the wire to saturated cotton.

So, I propose that you isolate the variables. You're working with both coil building and coil wicking. You might stop building coils and work on rewicking the stock coils until you've got wicking that works. Rewicking is as easy as removing the old cotton, dry burning and cleaning off the Kanger coil before wicking the used coil. My successful RTA coils see many wicks before I bin them - try the principle with Kanger's coils.

Then again, you might just burn through the insulator and short the coil by dry burning. Hopefully, the coils can be dry burned without damaging the insulators.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last one I did with rayon and it seems to wick really well, I used a really light amount of rayon to begin with and actually wound up taking a little more out after the first tank through it. I think I'm going to try a spaced coil with a slightly larger diameter next time and try to wick it really lightly with rayon
Eko vapors has some pretty good YouTube videos on your rebuild.

D

Donald Bickers

youll get it figured out,just take your time ,take notes so when you get a good one you have it documented and a bad one the same thing,after a bit you will know what works for you and what don't,dont rush it ,it will get there

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, my personal opinion...I think our box has a good start, I see lot of beginner equipment that will be good for people starting off. I see a few rda's that's always going to be wanted...itaste vtr, hmm nice, does it work? I think I want to try some of that rayon...never tried it, where you buy that stuff from? Can't go wrong with Juices just depending on your taste profile. By the next time around this box should be really nice :)

@anendeloflorien what are you in need of at the moment? Mostly likely I will have this in the mail Friday, I will keep you guys updated

T

Taver13

OK, my personal opinion...I think our box has a good start, I see lot of beginner equipment that will be good for people starting off. I see a few rda's that's always going to be wanted...itaste vtr, hmm nice, does it work? I think I want to try some of that rayon...never tried it, where you buy that stuff from? Can't go wrong with Juices just depending on your taste profile. By the next time around this box should be really nice :)

@anendeloflorien what are you in need of at the moment? Mostly likely I will have this in the mail Friday, I will keep you guys updated
the vtr works, i had to try it, lol. bought the rayon at sally's beauty supply

T

Taver13

i hope this box continues to circulate for quite some time, could become real interesting!

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Re: the VTR - yes, it works perfectly.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Awesome! I'm looking for an rta (may snag one of those orchids) for my wife and I'd really like to get a good RDA something that I can do a dual coil build in and that has decent airflow. We're still kind of building up our own more advanced gear and we're pretty strictly budgeting everything til the big move to denver!

That being said I'm not picky and I'm looking forward to trying out some new stuff :)

Also my wife is awesome and made stickers for everyone that will be going in the box when it gets here!

T

Taver13

Awesome! I'm looking for an rta (may snag one of those orchids) for my wife and I'd really like to get a good RDA something that I can do a dual coil build in and that has decent airflow. We're still kind of building up our own more advanced gear and we're pretty strictly budgeting everything til the big move to denver!

That being said I'm not picky and I'm looking forward to trying out some new stuff :)

Also my wife is awesome and made stickers for everyone that will be going in the box when it gets here!
awesome, tell her thank you!

L

Lighty269

For those of you who built a box mod from scratch, any recommendation on what box to start with? I will be using an evolv dna 40 chip with wide screen.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 13871hate to start morning this wAy

Sent from my iPhone

You should invest in 2 of these I saw them at Walmart and a few car stores it's a magnetic cover for you windows makes cleaning them easier in the cold]
4f9944b42bdab82a86a03835cb6a474c.jpg

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMG_5006.JPG IMG_5008.JPG

Couple quick pics from last night of my wife's drawings :D She's a very talented artist I think and she does all of these free hand with pen and ink. She's been doing this style of drawing for a couple years now and she's getting ready to set up her own etsy shop to sell prints and greeting cards! Shameless plugging I know but she's my favorite so y'know I gotta make sure everyone else knows how awesome she is too! She's on instagram as @mamajessbakedshop if anyone wants to check out more.

We'll be putting in enough stickers for everyone to get at least 2. I feel kind of bad being more of a taker this round of the box but we'll contribute however we can! Also, I think I've said it a couple times but most of what I do get from the box will be shared between my wife and I, we're both on this vaping adventure together!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 13872 View attachment 13873

Couple quick pics from last night of my wife's drawings :D She's a very talented artist I think and she does all of these free hand with pen and ink. She's been doing this style of drawing for a couple years now and she's getting ready to set up her own etsy shop to sell prints and greeting cards! Shameless plugging I know but she's my favorite so y'know I gotta make sure everyone else knows how awesome she is too! She's on instagram as @mamajessbakedshop if anyone wants to check out more.

We'll be putting in enough stickers for everyone to get at least 2. I feel kind of bad being more of a taker this round of the box but we'll contribute however we can! Also, I think I've said it a couple times but most of what I do get from the box will be shared between my wife and I, we're both on this vaping adventure together!
That's pretty cool man! Does she have a cricut? My girlfriend just got a cricut for Christmas and she loves it! needless to say, so do I because she bought some vinyl and I can make window decals now for my truck! lol

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brilliant, I'll check them out.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's pretty cool man! Does she have a cricut? My girlfriend just got a cricut for Christmas and she loves it! needless to say, so do I because she bought some vinyl and I can make window decals now for my truck! lol

She doesn't have one yet :D It's one of the things I know she wants to get! She got a really nice printer for Christmas that is able to print on some fairly sturdy sticker paper. We're going to be getting some actual vinyl stickers made up soon but they won't be done in time to go in the box this round. I'm sure by next round she'll have some really nice ones!

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 13872 View attachment 13873

Thanks for the stickers. The hope there something in the box that really helps you out, that is the true spirit of the box anyway.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She doesn't have one yet :D It's one of the things I know she wants to get! She got a really nice printer for Christmas that is able to print on some fairly sturdy sticker paper. We're going to be getting some actual vinyl stickers made up soon but they won't be done in time to go in the box this round. I'm sure by next round she'll have some really nice ones!
Yeah man, if you're gunna do stickers, especially outside/permanent ones, the cricut is the shit! and the interface is a lot like Photoshop.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bet your running out of chest tattoo space.

VU Sponsors