Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

really,,,,,,,,do you need any parts
that all depends on what kind of mech your interested in making, the box already has buttons and a 510, all you really need is a battery tray, and a mosfet, i have the rest. if you wanted a voltmeter to monitor batter voltage as well, thats an opti0on

T

Taver13

what are the dimentions of the box? and actually, i dont think a battery tray is necessary since it already kinda has one, could reuse the old one

D

Donald Bickers

that all depends on what kind of mech your interested in making, the box already has buttons and a 510, all you really need is a battery tray, and a mosfet, i have the rest. if you wanted a voltmeter to monitor batter voltage as well, thats an opti0on
I already took it apart,the battery tray came out whole,,,,,,i don't mean to sound stupid but whats a mosfet and how much is it

T

Taver13

its basically a switching mechanism used to divert the amps from the push button switch. the switch activates the mosfet that lets the power through to the 510, think of it as kind of a remotly activated gate, and there cheap, less than 5 bucks

D

Donald Bickers

its basically a switching mechanism used to divert the amps from the push button switch. the switch activates the mosfet that lets the power through to the 510, think of it as kind of a remotly activated gate, and there cheap, less than 5 bucks
the board came out in 1 piece also,,,,,,,,so were you going to put the buttons in the holes so it looks the same,,,,,so can you get the mosfet ,,,,and how much is this gonna cost

T

Taver13

the board came out in 1 piece also,,,,,,,,so were you going to put the buttons in the holes so it looks the same,,,,,so can you get the mosfet ,,,,and how is this gonna cost
ill give you a link to order it on amazon and just have it sent here, and i was going to use the buttons that came with it so it looks the same, and usually i just charge like a trade on a tank or rda that your not using anymore and return shipping, not looking to make money off people

D

Donald Bickers

would you take a nautilus with 3 or 4 coils and you pay return shipping

D

Donald Bickers

if you can make it look like nothing was ever done from the outside,ill send 6 coils,,,,,all I got

T

Taver13

yeah i can do that, just gonna need all the inside so i can set it up as such

T

Taver13

That's fuckin badass! And that effect is caused when laying down another layer when the first payer isn't completely dry just an FYI
yes, i know. thought it was dry, but it wasnt, then that happened, and it looked sick, so i didnt even bother sanding it off

T

Taver13

i had a layer of metalizer under the green, apparently that shit takes FOREVER to dry

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
YAY VAPE MAIL .. loving it!!!

2b57036aa773e891cd6512733bc79b7e.jpg

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thats the mini?
Lmfao no that's a subtank the first edition the same one I had on the v3 flip

The mod is the vape mail it's a skull hades mod 26650 that thing dwarfs the sub tank lmao

T

Taver13

actually, its about the only thing i have seen the full size subtank on that dosent look absolutly ridiculous

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
actually, its about the only thing i have seen the full size subtank on that dosent look absolutly ridiculous
Yeah I think it fits nice but it is a bit monstrous but for some reason it's kicking clouds.

cf492f5e133ee56b692a1441e1ecbcc5.jpg

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Donald Bickers - I really like the Rose V2 ... if you are going to try one, get the Pallas clone. Pallas also makes the stumpy kit which shortens it up a bit without sacrificing too much juice capacity. Fair warning though, the draw is tight. You will get a tremendous flavor focused experience and it isn't half wasted with single coil builds.

@Taver13 - My Smok experiences were limited to my two stabs at their RSBT RTA and a cooked Sidewinder sorta mech mod. My problem with the RSBTs was primarily focused on the fact that they press fit the bases into the air control. Took me less than a week to separate each at this press fit joint. I've done the same with Nautilus tanks, but unlike the Smoks, the Nautilus could be easily returned to service by pressing the base back together. The RSBTs were never the same. I also cooked the wiring in the Sidewinder Mod when I got the Kanger Subtank and was too eager to bother inspecting everything. The .5 ohm coil that came installed in my Subtank had faulty insulation and generated an intermittent short. I was just sorta dissapointed that the wiring actually cooked before the factory coil popped when it shorted.

All that shared, I seriously considered the BEC Pro. It looks like a great tube mod. Did they ever release the 100 watt update they were promising when it was released? While I was looking at it, I just decided to go in a different direction and got a couple mechs so I could build to my wattage. Of course, at the time I was still happy with the Sidewinder. I'm a little extreme when it comes to design/engineering expectations. E.g., I've never bought a Mopar 'cause I had an A/C compressor sieze on the Delaware Turnpike back in the 1980s. I thought no big deal - I'll just pull the compressor and fit a shorter fan belt. No dice 'cause there was no unobstructed route for a belt until I sourced a used A/C compressor and installed it at a rest area with the tools I'd packed in the van. I should mention I wasn't even running the A/C when it siezed. That trip took 24 hours to make the 350 miles planned.

T

Taver13

@Donald Bickers - I really like the Rose V2 ... if you are going to try one, get the Pallas clone. Pallas also makes the stumpy kit which shortens it up a bit without sacrificing too much juice capacity. Fair warning though, the draw is tight. You will get a tremendous flavor focused experience and it isn't half wasted with single coil builds.

@Taver13 - My Smok experiences were limited to my two stabs at their RSBT RTA and a cooked Sidewinder sorta mech mod. My problem with the RSBTs was primarily focused on the fact that they press fit the bases into the air control. Took me less than a week to separate each at this press fit joint. I've done the same with Nautilus tanks, but unlike the Smoks, the Nautilus could be easily returned to service by pressing the base back together. The RSBTs were never the same. I also cooked the wiring in the Sidewinder Mod when I got the Kanger Subtank and was too eager to bother inspecting everything. The .5 ohm coil that came installed in my Subtank had faulty insulation and generated an intermittent short. I was just sorta dissapointed that the wiring actually cooked before the factory coil popped when it shorted.

All that shared, I seriously considered the BEC Pro. It looks like a great tube mod. Did they ever release the 100 watt update they were promising when it was released? While I was looking at it, I just decided to go in a different direction and got a couple mechs so I could build to my wattage. Of course, at the time I was still happy with the Sidewinder. I'm a little extreme when it comes to design/engineering expectations. E.g., I've never bought a Mopar 'cause I had an A/C compressor sieze on the Delaware Turnpike back in the 1980s. I thought no big deal - I'll just pull the compressor and fit a shorter fan belt. No dice 'cause there was no unobstructed route for a belt until I sourced a used A/C compressor and installed it at a rest area with the tools I'd packed in the van. I should mention I wasn't even running the A/C when it siezed. That trip took 24 hours to make the 350 miles planned.
being a chevy guy myself i would never buy a mopar based on principal alone. when i was originally planning to get the bec pro, i wasnt sure what direction i was going so i got a sig 100, wasnt digging regulated, and ended up trading it for a bunch of mechs. when i got my ipv mini i loved it. the difference was that the sig was a low voltage low resistance regulated where as the ipv mini is a high resistance high voltage type device and i figured out thats what i like. that being said i then started kicking myself for not getting the bec pro, being it goes up to twelve volts! then randomly someone wanted three of my rda's and told me to check out her listing on another forum, and lo and behold, she has a barely used Bec pro. so i jumped on it. im not sure if they ever did do the upgrade, im going to look into it. and on the mech front, i went from having 9 to 1 left, and im trying to sell or trade it right now, my patina/alcohol ink 4nine. i just really realize i like the high voltage vapes much better, and i can build some HUGE coils with the higher gauge wires, so my singles get some crazy flavorful dense vapes

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all, woke before gym opens, got a while to kill.
Looks like Taver is the mod-building guru here, congratulations. Is there a vape-stand maker, in the group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors