Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

so i just grabbed some 28g i wanna try this high ohm builds i have a few single coil decks and mostly dual coil decks any build suggestions i wrap on a coil master so penty of options as to what to make my coils... what do you guys think
what are you using mod wise, i usually suggest a 10 wrap 28gauge 2.5mm to start

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i mainly just have mechs atm both 18650 and 26650 i would like something that wont burn throu the batt which not being sub ohm sould help that alot

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
my go to mod is between a JA ztyle clone 18650 and a Hades clone 26650

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
but i do have a cartel and hammer mod aswell

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I been telling myself I've skipped out by not getting one and now ever time I turn around I keep saying I should got one I should of got one

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the higher ohm builds are better on a regulated mod - I'm building just about everything above 1 ohm lately but I crank the wattage. I've been running the Vulcan at 30 watts/7.6v with a 1.8 ohm dual coil build and the clouds/flavor are out of control!

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK well any suggestions for builds on mech mods for single and dual coil decks... I ask cause before these I owned a igw6 as my first rda so I learned on a quad never del with duals or singles and I can't seem to get these builds right on them

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I been telling myself I've skipped out by not getting one and now ever time I turn around I keep saying I should got one I should of got one
There was a Chana 30w in the box! Maybe it'll make it to you :)

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I go 2.0 "9 wraps on my lucky play station screw driver" :) on my taifun gt's on vv/vw mod and the battery last me most of the day on a single 18650 around 17 watts, I am barley going to be giving mech mods a try soon. I like single coil tanks for chasing flavor apposed to clouds

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I go 2.0 "9 wraps on my lucky play station screw driver" :) on my taifun gt's on vv/vw mod and the battery last me most of the day on a single 18650 around 17 watts, I am barley going to be giving mech mods a try soon. I like single coil tanks for chasing flavor apposed to clouds
Yeah see I used to get maybe 3 hrs on an rda then I moved to the Atlantis and subtank they get 6 hrs from a 18650 with 1600mah but when I went to a 26650 3000mah it last a good 12 hrs +

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I added the red one, was a dna 30 cloupor, not a mini but regular, "still fairly small
Oh cool... I been reading most of what I see is a 30w is good enough I dunno if that what the 30 means on that one but I been watching for cheap 30w boxes lately

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh cool... I been reading most of what I see is a 30w is good enough I dunno if that what the 30 means on that one but I been watching for cheap 30w boxes lately

30w is more than enough in most cases, you will be hitting right around there if you use the Atlantis but I seldom go above 25 and that's just if I am dripping . I have mostly 30w and 50w mods and never max out. Very affordable right now, if I get a higher mod it would be more for kicks I suppose just to be ready for future heh

T

Taver13

30w is more than enough in most cases, you will be hitting right around there if you use the Atlantis but I seldom go above 25 and that's just if I am dripping . I have mostly 30w and 50w mods and never max out. Very affordable right now, if I get a higher mod it would be more for kicks I suppose just to be ready for future heh
50 is the most i need and never really even use that

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Geauxst is your signature banner correct,in that you have only been vaping a month
not really ... i picked up a ego started kit about a year ago moved to a small mod and did good quit smoking and all went straight vape .... then something happened and i started smoking here and there then next thing i knew i was back on it again but i started back with vaping around nov then around the 1st i had alot of stress and picked smokes up again and when i made that banner was when i was like IM DONE! and for the most part im full vaping now except when im around my wife she smokes and i just randomly grab one of hers and go smoke but if im not around her i vape only never bothers me... i cant place why i want to smoke around her i guess cause its there but most i smoke is 1-3 in the afternoon mostly just the 1 though and when i do smoke it makes me vape to clear the nasty taste out my mouth...i just need to buckle down and give it up completely

so in conclusion its to commemorate when i became more of a solid full time vapehead more so then when i first started

any reason or just curious?

D

Donald Bickers

not really ... i picked up a ego started kit about a year ago moved to a small mod and did good quit smoking and all went straight vape .... then something happened and i started smoking here and there then next thing i knew i was back on it again but i started back with vaping around nov then around the 1st i had alot of stress and picked smokes up again and when i made that banner was when i was like IM DONE! and for the most part im full vaping now except when im around my wife she smokes and i just randomly grab one of hers and go smoke but if im not around her i vape only never bothers me... i cant place why i want to smoke around her i guess cause its there but most i smoke is 1-3 in the afternoon mostly just the 1 though and when i do smoke it makes me vape to clear the nasty taste out my mouth...i just need to buckle down and give it up completely

so in conclusion its to commemorate when i became more of a solid full time vapehead more so then when i first started

any reason or just curious?
I was just curious,,,,,,some of your post made me think you had been vaping longer than a month,,,i was just being nosey

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was just curious,,,,,,some of your post made me think you had been vaping longer than a month,,,i was just being nosey
yeah my knowledge and experience is longer then my commitment i guess is the better way to put it

D

Donald Bickers

Do you think at first it's more the flavor or clouds that help you put the stinkers down for good? Did you have cravings around other smokers via association?...
when I first started I would say it was more of the flavor thing,,,,chasing the closest thing to a real cigarette,vaping is a lot different than smoking,and at first it kinda choked me up a bit,after a few days that subsided,I started with a 900mah battery and a CE4 clearomizer,and I used that for a few months,as my body adjusted it built an imunity,and I needed something with a little more kick,so I got a Zmax ,,that was 2 yrs ago and I am now making all my own juices and mostly building all my own coils,i have regulated and mechanicals,i just use what ever im in the mood for,,,,,,,,as far as cravings,,,,the first 6 mos,yes very bad,but now no craving whatsoever,in fact its totally opposite,,,cigarette smoke doesn't bother me but I have no desire to ever touch a tobacco product ever,,,,,i might ad ,,,,since that day(7/26/12)I have not touched a cigarette,and have no desire to
im rambling,,,il stop now
have a great valentines day

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
when I first started I would say it was more of the flavor thing,,,,chasing the closest thing to a real cigarette,vaping is a lot different than smoking,and at first it kinda choked me up a bit,after a few days that subsided,I started with a 900mah battery and a CE4 clearomizer,and I used that for a few months,as my body adjusted it built an imunity,and I needed something with a little more kick,so I got a Zmax ,,that was 2 yrs ago and I am now making all my own juices and mostly building all my own coils,i have regulated and mechanicals,i just use what ever im in the mood for,,,,,,,,as far as cravings,,,,the first 6 mos,yes very bad,but now no craving whatsoever,in fact its totally opposite,,,cigarette smoke doesn't bother me but I have no desire to ever touch a tobacco product ever,,,,,i might ad ,,,,since that day(7/26/12)I have not touched a cigarette,and have no desire to
I like reading people's vape stories it give me an idea of how I'm doing cause I can relate to a lot of things others have already went through

For example you said you choked up and had to build an immunity I had the same issue when I first started for a while any time I would smoke then vape I would choke up and it drove me away from vapeing thinking it was the vape doing it but I found out after a while it backs off ... also switching to vg helps that as well my wife can't vape unless it's vg juice so once I swapped that's what hooked me ... now I'm to the point I just need to kick the one or two random I smoke... damn will power

T

Taver13

yeah my knowledge and experience is longer then my commitment i guess is the better way to put it
same here, ive been vaping for about three years, but i went full time vape in september, i was vaping and smokin cigs cause the tech i was using just wasnt doing it for me

T

Taver13

Do you think at first it's more the flavor or clouds that help you put the stinkers down for good? Did you have cravings around other smokers via association?...
the clouds got me off to start, it replaced certain other things as well besides stinkies. now, im straight flavor, but i do need a good cloud with it, im just not trying to block the sun out anymore with my foggage

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it very helpful to hear about ppls vape journeys. Yeah...happy valentines day to you too...;))

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the clouds got me off to start, it replaced certain other things as well besides stinkies. now, im straight flavor, but i do need a good cloud with it, im just not trying to block the sun out anymore with my foggage
Haha...guess I'm still in the cloud stage can't find a flavor I'm nuts about yet. Just nothing to compare to a big thick cloud...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The clouds are what grabs me along with better taste I've never been the "cloud chaser" type I don't have to have the biggest and densest but it definitely needs to be decent amount cause now when I smoke a normal cigarette I feel robbed cause it doesn't put out as much as my mod lol

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to have my throat hit,but I have to have my clouds to,,,,thats the good part of DIY,you have some controle
I get some throat hit but not much, like it smooth, clouds and flavor do it for me but I run a 20/80 pg/vg ratio and usually around .26- .3 ohms on my drippers and around .7 on my fogger 40/60

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
once you have a setup that produces crazy flavor, all your old juices you never like will taste complely different
I did notice I loved this one flavor ... dragons blood... in my nautilus I used to vape it exclusively but since going to the Atlantis I notice the flavor was gone... I'm starting to lean towards the flavor but it appears I need more gear to make that move... sigh 1st world problems

VU Sponsors