Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a side note...my wife is loving her iStick 50w with the Subtank Mini...and actually, I'm loving it too! I think I'm going to order myself one of these tanks today.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i figure with the 1.2 ohm coil in it, it would be perfect for her istick 20
See I thin the Atlantis is better cause of air flow and the amount of holes in the coils you don't get dry huts specially using vg juice

But I like the subtasks for the 1.2 heads which the Atlantis doesn't do... shame

But soon I'll be redoing old heads putting my own builds in them

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i figure with the 1.2 ohm coil in it, it would be perfect for her istick 20
Yeah, but I think I would go with the Mini if going that route, instead of the Nano. Here's why, the overhang from the Mini on the iStick 20w wouldn't really be that much. Plus the fact that the Subtank goes through juice faster, the Nano only holding 3ml of juice versus the 4.5ml in the Mini, you would be refilling the Nano quite often unless she's a light vaper. Also, the Mini comes with the RBA option, so you could utilize that too if you wanted. Although, the stock OCC coils in the Subtank look simple to rebuild, just by looking at them and from the videos... I haven't actually rebuilt one yet. I don't know... to each his own... plus the Nano is quite a bit cheaper. As easy as it is to rebuild these coils, maybe I wouldn't ever use the RBA attachment... time will tell.

See I thin the Atlantis is better cause of air flow and the amount of holes in the coils you don't get dry huts specially using vg juice

But I like the subtasks for the 1.2 heads which the Atlantis doesn't do... shame

But soon I'll be redoing old heads putting my own builds in them
I've never used an Atlantis so I can't say which I would prefer. I've always been a little partial to Kangertech from the T2s, Evods, Protanks, to Aerotanks and now Subtanks. I've just always had good luck with them. If someone gives me an Atlantis to try someday, I might just like it better and make the switch... who knows? I just know that I'm satisfied enough with the Subtank that I'm not really "looking" for a new one. Although I wasn't looking to replace our Aerotanks either, it was all the good reviews that made me want to try it I guess. Now that I've tried the wife's, I feel like I want one for myself. I have a feeling it will be my go-to tank and cause me to retire a lot of equipment.

T

Taver13

Yeah, but I think I would go with the Mini if going that route, instead of the Nano. Here's why, the overhang from the Mini on the iStick 20w wouldn't really be that much. Plus the fact that the Subtank goes through juice faster, the Nano only holding 3ml of juice versus the 4.5ml in the Mini, you would be refilling the Nano quite often unless she's a light vaper. Also, the Mini comes with the RBA option, so you could utilize that too if you wanted. Although, the stock OCC coils in the Subtank look simple to rebuild, just by looking at them and from the videos... I haven't actually rebuilt one yet. I don't know... to each his own... plus the Nano is quite a bit cheaper. As easy as it is to rebuild these coils, maybe I wouldn't ever use the RBA attachment... time will tell.

I've never used an Atlantis so I can't say which I would prefer. I've always been a little partial to Kangertech from the T2s, Evods, Protanks, to Aerotanks and now Subtanks. I've just always had good luck with them. If someone gives me an Atlantis to try someday, I might just like it better and make the switch... who knows? I just know that I'm satisfied enough with the Subtank that I'm not really "looking" for a new one. Although I wasn't looking to replace our Aerotanks either, it was all the good reviews that made me want to try it I guess. Now that I've tried the wife's, I feel like I want one for myself. I have a feeling it will be my go-to tank and cause me to retire a lot of equipment.
she dosent like big tanks, so i figure that the nano would be best for her, and shes not going t want to have me rebuild at all so id rather just buy her her own pack of coils and call it a day

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
she dosent like big tanks, so i figure that the nano would be best for her, and shes not going t want to have me rebuild at all so id rather just buy her her own pack of coils and call it a day
You're at least going to rebuild those stock coils right? Shit, I know I am... probably cost a quarter for the 26-gauge wire and japanese cotton versus the $12+ for a 5 pack. Plus like I said, they look simple enough to do... way easier than any other coil I've ever dealt with.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just figured out something kinda cool. The little scissors you get every time you buy braided fishing line work GREAT for trimming rayon!

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yeah the air flow on the rba deck is half of the occ coils makes you feel like you're sucking a watermelon through a straw ... as far as which is better subtank or atlantis... I feel the difference is so small they are a tie ... but I hear now that the original subtank has been pulled and they are only gonna use the mini and nano now and u also noticed the mini and nano went to the size of the atlantis and nautilus and took the same air flow design too.... so I guess aspire gets a win for doing it right the first time

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the air flow on the rba deck is half of the occ coils makes you feel like you're sucking a watermelon through a straw ... as far as which is better subtank or atlantis... I feel the difference is so small they are a tie ... but I hear now that the original subtank has been pulled and they are only gonna use the mini and nano now and u also noticed the mini and nano went to the size of the atlantis and nautilus and took the same air flow design too.... so I guess aspire gets a win for doing it right the first time
The airflow problem on the RBA deck, I believe, only affected the original Subtank and not the Mini. The original Subtank (25mm/6ml or whatever) has a different top-cap you have to swap out when using the RBA attachment. That top-cap has a smaller diameter center post constricting the airflow when in use. The Mini, however, utilizes the same top-cap and center post when using the stock coil or the RBA attachment. I haven't used the RBA in the Mini yet, so I can't say 100%, but this is my understanding and observations. If I'm wrong I stand corrected. I don't dislike Aspire in anyway...I actually have 4 or 5 of the Evod type clearo's that use the Aspire BVC coils. I've been happy with those, and I use them for flavors that I like to vape occasionally.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The airflow problem on the RBA deck, I believe, only affected the original Subtank and not the Mini. The original Subtank (25mm/6ml or whatever) has a different top-cap you have to swap out when using the RBA attachment. That top-cap has a smaller diameter center post constricting the airflow when in use. The Mini, however, utilizes the same top-cap and center post when using the stock coil or the RBA attachment. I haven't used the RBA in the Mini yet, so I can't say 100%, but this is my understanding and observations. If I'm wrong I stand corrected. I don't dislike Aspire in anyway...I actually have 4 or 5 of the Evod type clearo's that use the Aspire BVC coils. I've been happy with those, and I use them for flavors that I like to vape occasionally.
I'll have to look into that mini ... what you say makes complete sense so I think you're right but yeah I love BVC they are easy to rebuild from what I understand ... that's why I said that they are one for one and I'm glad I have both So I don't have to choose lol

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to look into that mini ... what you say makes complete sense so I think you're right but yeah I love BVC they are easy to rebuild from what I understand ... that's why I said that they are one for one and I'm glad I have both So I don't have to choose lol
I have not had any luck rebuilding those myself... I tried so many times and finally gave up. I can get them good for a day, but I can't make them last any longer then that. After one day, either the cotton swells, and makes it too hard to take a hit (too much cotton), or it starts leaking out the bottom after a day (too little cotton). I've been unable to get them just right. For the little bit that I use those though, I just buy the stock ones for replacing. I've watched the videos and read the tutorials, it's just one that I've been unable to get just right.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a 4-bay, I'll just keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

Lighty269

I have not had any luck rebuilding those myself... I tried so many times and finally gave up. I can get them good for a day, but I can't make them last any longer then that. After one day, either the cotton swells, and makes it too hard to take a hit (too much cotton), or it starts leaking out the bottom after a day (too little cotton). I've been unable to get them just right. For the little bit that I use those though, I just buy the stock ones for replacing. I've watched the videos and read the tutorials, it's just one that I've been unable to get just right.

The trick is in the cotton, I cut a 3/8 wide strip, then separate in half "pull apart". Only use half to wrap the coil. Do not use any juice until you are done. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and they last me about 2 weeks.

T

Taver13

not really feelin the infinate clt v2, dual coils just arent my thing, and im really getting away from drippers all together

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's a 4-bay, I'll just keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or you could just give it to me if it's too big I'd gladly take it off your hands... I just have a basic charger anyway

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Faust there will be a package coming to you that needs to get put in the box!
Haven't heard from him/her in a while. If they don't respond feel free to send them to me, I'm right after them and will put it in the box... come to think of it you coulda sent it with my mods

T

Taver13

so i have come to the conclusion that i just dont dig rda's anymore. this clt v2 is killer clouds and flavor,but im just not into rda;s anymore, think im going strictly tanks from now on. in light of this, would anyone in here want to trade tanks for a brand new literally used once clt v2 and/or a vertex v1?

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't heard from him/her in a while. If they don't respond feel free to send them to me, I'm right after them and will put it in the box... come to think of it you coulda sent it with my mods

I am not going to see that box for a really long time :( Gives you guys good amount of time to get some good stuff in there :) Next time I receive the box I am putting a frozen pizza in there for fun.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
so i have come to the conclusion that i just dont dig rda's anymore. this clt v2 is killer clouds and flavor,but im just not into rda;s anymore, think im going strictly tanks from now on. in light of this, would anyone in here want to trade tanks for a brand new literally used once clt v2 and/or a vertex v1?
What do you not like about rda cause I have a rbta zero gravity but if you don't like building coils then it's not what you want

d22419aab00659e2474996276a7d9f43.jpg

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i like building coils, thats not the issue im just not a fan of dripping anymore
Well that zero gravity has a tank above it you build your coils and when they get dry and you need more juice you press the drip tip down and it puts a few drips onto the wicks for you

Its not auto working like a tank but you don't have to carry juice like a dipper either ... really easy for when your driving and don't like to drip

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well that zero gravity has a tank above it you build your coils and when they get dry and you need more juice you press the drip tip down and it puts a few drips onto the wicks for you

Its not auto working like a tank but you don't have to carry juice like a dipper either ... really easy for when your driving and don't like to drip
I don't know how exactly it works cause I got my Atlantis and subtasks in before the ZG so I never tried it out so it's kinda useless to me but I held onto it incase it became useful

T

Taver13

I don't know how exactly it works cause I got my Atlantis and subtasks in before the ZG so I never tried it out so it's kinda useless to me but I held onto it incase it became useful
i would much rather a traditional tank

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i would much rather a traditional tank
Yeah I understand... hell if I didn't like the subtasks or the Atlantis I'd give one up but I use them both religiously so you're sol lol

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fogger v4 ?

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Geauxst @Cruel-Phate im done with @BenJammin 's box, and i will hopefully be dne with @Donald Bickers 's cloupor conversion tonight, so if you guys are interested in getting some work done pm me, also @dred did you get the stuff from slowtech yet that you want patinad?

Yes. Brass Derringer cap arrived today, No Derringer yet, but ... I'm send'g you the SMPL, the Eclipse cap and the Derringer cap for the Taver Touch. Gonna toss in the Rose V2 and get it rolling your way.

VU Sponsors