Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have heard that an idle mind is the devil's workshop. For me though an idle mind breeds curiosity, usually about something that I really hadn't ever thought about or even cared about. And sometimes that leads to learning interesting things. In this case my idle mind suddenly wondered "Why the heck is that band that's playing this weekend called Whistle Pigs? What is a friggin' whistle pig?"

As it turns out, I might run into some of gopher's distant relatives on Saturday. Apparently it is another name for a groundhog or woodchuck, which still left me perplexed until I found this video. Hey, it's music related, sort of.

That is absolutely music. I would choose that over many a recorded music track. It sounds like that little guy is doing call and response with a bird friend.

and

"...an idle mind is the devil's workshop." The most difficult thing about transformative meditation is emptying your mind, stopping those tumbling thoughts. When I'm dealing with a complex situation in work, if I just back away for a while, have a coffee and a vape, that's when the solution comes through. So I'll leave it to some prissy church lady to make inner quiet the devil's tool.

I looked up Whistle Pigs. Love their stuff!

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why doesn't that work for me :rolleyes: I dream about homemade chocolate chip cookies with a big glass of milk to dunk them in, Ahhh the good ole days:facepalm:

Awe Jimi, you're breaking my heart. I'll post something in the cooking thread (not the diet thread because I don't know how to figure out the calories per serving). Recently I made kind of a chocolate chip oatmeal by baking it until browned and crispy on top. I'd rather have it than something made from flour, sugar and eggs.

Later. I have to make it again to get it down in writing.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awe Jimi, you're breaking my heart. I'll post something in the cooking thread (not the diet thread because I don't know how to figure out the calories per serving). Recently I made kind of a chocolate chip oatmeal by baking it until browned and crispy on top. I'd rather have it than something made from flour, sugar and eggs.

Sounds like my Mom's cookies....

She uses chocolate, but I like these a bit more: https://dinnerthendessert.com/oatmeal-cookies/

Or, the no-bake healthy version: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/healthy-no-bake-cookies/

Obviously, the ingredients can be edited/changed for dietary concerns, but oats are pretty universal I think.
I've even ground up oats into flour before in a spare coffee grinder... ;)

I get bags of USDA quick oats in the food boxes, I should make some.

Oatmeal cookies are very forgiving and easy to bake (or not). Plus ya can add dates, raisin, nuts, etc. :)

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Please do, I love oatmeal cookies with rasins, was another of my favorites

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like my Mom's cookies....

She uses chocolate, but I like these a bit more: https://dinnerthendessert.com/oatmeal-cookies/

Or, the no-bake healthy version: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/healthy-no-bake-cookies/

Obviously, the ingredients can be edited/changed for dietary concerns, but oats are pretty universal I think.
I've even ground up oats into flour before in a spare coffee grinder... ;)

I get bags of USDA quick oats in the food boxes, I should make some.

Oatmeal cookies are very forgiving and easy to bake (or not). Plus ya can add dates, raisin, nuts, etc. :)
MMM I bet they are super with dates, wish I woulda found that when I could still have oatmeal cookies, now I'm hungry for an oatmeal cookie, I might try makin one with subs for the bad stuff.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Tryin to enjoy these warmer days before they go:(
I hope the day is bein kind to everyone:)

We were just talkin about this

May be an image of 2 people, musical instrument and text that says 'In 1964, Mike Nesmith of The Monkees wrote the song, Different Drum which was rejected by the producers of The Monkees so he gave it to Linda Ronstadt and it became a hit for her.'

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'If we have no peace, is because ve have forgotten that Wc belong to each other. -Mother Teresa'

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please do, I love oatmeal cookies with rasins, was another of my favorites

Well actually I'm thinking in terms of a chocolate chip cookie for you. I've always thought oatmeal chocolate chip were better than regular. Oats have so much more flavor than wheat flour.

We'll get around to it later, I promise. I want you to be able to have a treat for Thanksgiving.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hasta mañana
fino a domani
jusqu'à demain
bis morgen

No idea how grammatically correct any of those are, so I'll just say - until tomorrow.

"An' the cats they gigged in there
Were beyond compare
Yes, indeed he did, Yardbird Parker played in Birdland
Bird would cook, Max would look - yeah
Down in Birdland
Miles came through, 'Trane came too - yeah!
Down in Birdland
Basie blew, Blakey too - yeah!
Down in Birdland
Cannonball played that hall - yeah
Down in Birdland"
-Manhattan Transfer

VU Sponsors