Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
How's everyone doin today?:huh:

May be an image of 5 people

Buffalo Springfield
“Random Thoughts from Richie Furay”
“Buffalo Springfield was a group of destiny, a vehicle to launch the careers of some significant musicians. I don’t remember the group as being something we had to work at, to make it work. When we’d go over a song, each writer pretty much led the way and then everyone would contribute from their own observation. Stephen and I had worked out most of the vocal arrangements for his songs. For whatever reason I had the task of singing a few of Neil’s songs early on. As we’d go over them, each member would make suggestions to instrumental parts and vocal harmony. It was really fun in those days listening to a song develop. When you have a group you have to let each other experiment and, believe me, you knew right away when something didn’t fit. No one was doing what we did vocally or instrumentally.”
“There was nothing more or less than mutual respect for each of the band mates. Everyone’s always looking for a story or some dirt to dig up to give intrigue to a situation, especially when it seems to explode in your face. Stephen and Neil were two very talented guys and no matter what band you’re talking about there will be differences of opinion during the creative process.
I know we did some studio work during our time at Atlantic Studios in New York but I remember only little about it.
*For the ‘record’ Richie admitted he doesn’t
recall recording Slowly Burning, Sell Out or much of an early version of Mr. Soul.
Richie talked about how Neil was very protective about his own compositions when in the studio. In an interview with Teenset magazine in early 1968, Richie described his bandmates like this: “Stephen’s bold, Neil’s sly and Bruce is silent but deadly”, adding that, “Neil is tricky about getting things done the way he wants them done”…
What else can I say? I’m not sure I know anymore about what I said other than what was.
When the end of Buffalo Springfield came, was it inevitable? Richie was obviously pulling towards country-rock, but was Neil more interested in symphonic pop?..Stephen?..anything he wanted.
Answer is yes, the break up of Buffalo Springfield was inevitable.
Richie, “After the first few months we were together, it was a struggle making forward progress. There was somewhere around nine different people in and out of the group in the two years we were together. My feelings were that as long as Stephen was pressin’ on, I’d be there with him. “
“Make no mistake about it, the Buffalo Springfield was Steve’s band. He was the heart and soul of the group. We all had our roles and contributed our gift and talent to the whole, but it was his band. When he decided to move on then, I was ready, along with Jimmy Messina, to go on to the next project.”
Richie explained his feelings when Neil suddenly announced he wanted to quit and disappeared on the eve of the Tonight Show appearance. “My reaction was one of disappointment. In those days, being on TV was a big deal. It was a national platform that never came to be. So of course I was disappointed, but I didn’t think of it as betrayal.”
“Whatever was going on in Neil’s heart and mind at that time: who knows?…Could he have gone about it any differently?…Certainly, life is about choices. Do I have a theory as to the real reason he wanted to quit? ..Not really, unless there was someone in his inner circle that told him he didn’t need the rest of the band to be a success.”
From Richie’s perspective, as it turned out, he did need Crosby Stills and Nash to really connect.
Stephen claimed that “Go and Say Goodbye” was addressed to Neil. Richie was asked if he could see that song as the story of the Springfield itself and his answer was to ask Stephen what he meant about that comment. Maybe it does sum up his thoughts and feelings about everything that was going on. It’s a shame sometimes that along the journey you just can’t enjoy the ride.”
Neil, may have had an idea about how he wanted a song to go but I don’t remember him being overly possessive in getting what he wanted. He had it pretty much worked out in his head and we all adapted to his basic arrangement and approach. As we would work on a song he was patient as we worked through the process. I don’t remember any tension during the process.
Buffalo Springfield
Neil Young, Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Dewey Martin and Bruce Palmer (seated)
Malibu October 1967 f
Alan Pappé
Richie wearing his finest genuine Indian tablecloth..made into a Nehru jacket and Stephen wearing his Nudie vest,

733d86d1b1eb5bd5d0a33c170cbd8057.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Street Christmas
-Edith Piaf

Perhaps better translated as "homeless Christmas".

Christmas on the street
Is snow and wind
A bitter wind that makes
children cry.

Light and joy
Are behind windows
Not for you nor for me
but for others.

My little one, enjoy
looking, never touching
Looking from afar...

Christmas on the street
Is the cold of winter
In wide open eyes
Street children
Their faces against the windows.

All the little ones gather close
Snuggled up like Jesus
That Saint Mary would have lost...

Christmas on the street
Is snow and wind
And the street wind
Makes children cry
They go away sniffing
They leave empty-handed
Looking up in the air searching
A splendid star
My little one, if you see it
While walking, while walking
Warm your little fingers

The Noel of the street
Is in the sky of their life
A sleeping star
That didn't come down...

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Word "my"

I cry when I listen to this.

Elohai N'Tzor (Lord guard my tongue)
-Pink Martini

God, keep me calm and stop me from shooting off my mouth! Someone wrote online that's the rough sentiment of this beautiful prayer that closes the Amidah.

More realistically translated:

Oh God, please guard my tongue
From speaking ill to anyone.

It is a prayer for everyone.

The Amidah, which literally means, “standing,” refers to a series of blessings recited while standing.

Another way of stating what's on a t-shirt I want, "Lord keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth".

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ninja bread men. Help yourselves.

ninja bread iced.JPG

I didn't really make them. I bought the Ninjabread cookie kit at Big Lots, for my nephew for xmas. I found the icing idea online from a consumer. Couldn't resist snipping the image for the holidaze, for the ninja threat we're always under in this thread.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ninja bread men. Help yourselves.

View attachment 211092

I didn't really make them. I bought the Ninjabread cookie kit at Big Lots, for my nephew for xmas. I found the icing idea online from a consumer. Couldn't resist snipping the image for the holidaze, for the ninja threat we're always under in this thread.
Dammit, I swiped that pic the other day from whichever thread I saw it in and was waiting for a chance to use it before anybody else had seen it.:p Now I'll have to go find some OTHER Christmas ninja to use.

Maybe Ninja Claus...
1701641818362.png

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dammit, I swiped that pic the other day from whichever thread I saw it in and was waiting for a chance to use it before anybody else had seen it.:p Now I'll have to go find some OTHER Christmas ninja to use.

Maybe Ninja Claus...
You probably saw it in my post on the "Latest Purchase" thread.

Feel free to use it. That's why I swiped it from some consumer opinion review.

ninja bread man.jpg

Here I've cropped it to just the one. The other one is actually one of the ninja pose cookie cutters, jumping with the one leg extended, but the way it's iced it looks like it's just sitting on the floor.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You probably saw it in my post on the "Latest Purchase" thread.

Feel free to use it. That's why I swiped it from some consumer opinion review.

View attachment 211096

Here I've cropped it to just the one. The other one is actually one of the ninja pose cookie cutters, jumping with the one leg extended, but the way it's iced it looks like it's just sitting on the floor.
Need a Mr. Bill Ninja cookie:giggle:

VU Sponsors