Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Angel of the morning
Little black angels
-Eartha Kitt

It's a beautiful song, and Eartha wasn't the first to do it. It isn't exactly about racism, but about how all the little black children are left out of the sacredness and beauty of religious art.

Painter born in my land
With a foreign brush
Painter you are like
So many artists of old.

Even if the virgin is white
Little black angels
Also go to heaven
All the good blacks

Painter if you paint with love
Why do you despise your own color?
If you know that in heaven
God loves us too

Painter of holy alcoves
If you have a soul in your body
Why, in your paintings
Do you forget about black people

Whenever you paint churches
You paint beautiful little angels
But you never remember
To paint a black angel

Some children see him.JPG

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Little black angels
-Eartha Kitt

It's a beautiful song, and Eartha wasn't the first to do it. It isn't exactly about racism, but about how all the little black children are left out of the sacredness and beauty of religious art.

Painter born in my land
With a foreign brush
Painter you are like
So many artists of old.

Even if the virgin is white
Little black angels
Also go to heaven
All the good blacks

Painter if you paint with love
Why do you despise your own color?
If you know that in heaven
God loves us too

Painter of holy alcoves
If you have a soul in your body
Why, in your paintings
Do you forget about black people

Whenever you paint churches
You paint beautiful little angels
But you never remember
To paint a black angel

View attachment 211103
She has a truly beautiful voice.
Interesting tidbit for those of us old enough to remember the old Batman TV show, she played Catwoman in the third season.

Wait, am I showing my dork card by knowing that?

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I grew Chamomile (German) a couple years ago and it made the best tastin tea
I had a smallish herb garden this year, mint oregano, basil. I really need to learn how to dry herbs properly, even just one plant of each produced more than I could harvest and use. And the mint, wow, I had no idea how quickly it would try to take over every inch of space.

Chamomile and Anise would be the next two on my list if I were to add anything else next year.

I suppose I should head over to the gardening thread though for any more discussion on herb gardens.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a smallish herb garden this year, mint oregano, basil. I really need to learn how to dry herbs properly, even just one plant of each produced more than I could harvest and use. And the mint, wow, I had no idea how quickly it would try to take over every inch of space.

Chamomile and Anise would be the next two on my list if I were to add anything else next year.

I suppose I should head over to the gardening thread though for any more discussion on herb gardens.
My lemon balm this year got out of control, huge but it works as a tea and I love the smell of lemon, my mint did well too, I'm gonna grow peppermint next year, hard to find true peppermint seed cause it's considered an invasive in some states :rolleyes:

I hang my herbs upside down for a few days then use a dehydrator, prolly better ways but....

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am gonna call it a night early tonight, crawl in bed early tonight :wave:

12cbd6cac24076bb5a6152d4c53884d2.jpg

Thank you to everyone for playin today, made my day :bliss:
Hope to see everyone tomorrow;)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My lemon balm this year got out of control, huge but it works as a tea and I love the smell of lemon, my mint did well too, I'm gonna grow peppermint next year, hard to find true peppermint seed cause it's considered an invasive in some states :rolleyes:

I hang my herbs upside down for a few days then use a dehydrator, prolly better ways but....

I don't have space to garden anymore, but if I get a good deal on herbs at the grocery store I just let them air dry, then put them in spare empty spice jars I keep around. Never have had any get moldy yet. I wouldn't want to do anything more that might vaporize those fragrant oils they contain.

VU Sponsors