Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm for sure gonna give myself brain damage figuring this out, but here goes:

From where you linked:

Kad: Kiss on my list

Me: Kiss it off me - I ninja'd you

Wolfie: Bucket List

Jimi: In Bloom - I think he was replying on "Lavender Blooms" which I don't see there anymore

Wolfie - 12 foot Ninja song Coming for You

Kad - Off with her Tits

Jimi - Kiss you All over - Dunno what he was replying on, but people will try to fix it for someone by changing a post

Wolfie - "oooooooops"

Jimi - With or without you

Wolfie - The only Hope for me is you

Kad - I hope you're happy now

Jimi - High Hopes

Me - Only you (ninja'd)

Wolfie - Only & The Love the Heartless

Kad - Only the good die young

Jimi - Forever young

Me - I never said I would love you forever
Lol, it was supposed to go to the Ninja that is in the shadow of that guy.
I think, ninja is a female. Just because she he is shorter than the guy and the way the arms are flying around when ninja starts running away.
Sorry about that, Bliss.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm for sure gonna give myself brain damage figuring this out, but here goes:

From where you linked:

Kad: Kiss on my list

Me: Kiss it off me - I ninja'd you

Wolfie: Bucket List

Jimi: In Bloom - I think he was replying on "Lavender Blooms" which I don't see there anymore

Wolfie - 12 foot Ninja song Coming for You

Kad - Off with her Tits

Jimi - Kiss you All over - Dunno what he was replying on, but people will try to fix it for someone by changing a post

Wolfie - "oooooooops"

Jimi - With or without you

Wolfie - The only Hope for me is you

Kad - I hope you're happy now

Jimi - High Hopes

Me - Only you (ninja'd)

Wolfie - Only & The Love the Heartless

Kad - Only the good die young

Jimi - Forever young

Me - I never said I would love you forever

Lol, it was supposed to go to the Ninja that is in the shadow of that guy.
I think, ninja is a female. Just because she he is shorter than the guy and the waythe arms are flying around when ninja starts running away.
Sorry about that, Bliss.

Well as long as we all have fun if we get out of whack once in a while it really dont matter much tonight is about fun

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By the way, why do grocery store bakeries suck these days? Or is it just around me. I wanted to buy myself a small carrot cake (so I could pretend it was healthy) for my birthday. They don't have hardly anything at all in their cases on weekends now, pretty much no cakes of any kind unless you order them ahead of time, and one of the three stores I went to didn't even have anyone working in the bakery today. A few years ago they always had cakes available.

And of course the only carrot cake I could find was a big one which would have served 8 or 10 people. Guess I could have run to an actual bakery but I didn't feel like driving all over just for a cake I really didn't need. Settled on a birthday cupcake, still only ate half of that. I can't stand the frosting everyone uses these days. On the other hand if they still used good old fashioned butter cream frosting, I'd eat all the frosting and throw the cake away, so I guess it's good I don't like this light, airy, whipped crap.

I wonder if there are product delivery issues with recent weather in your area, and I mean ingredients for cakes, not the actual cakes.

Cakes in real bakeries are more expensive than grocery store cakes, and I dunno about where you are, but here the stores have in-store bakeries, and some of the stuff they make is really good, but if your grocer had a shortage, probably the bakeries have a shortage too.

What I want is a piece of that chocolate cake in your birthday montage. I'll have a piece with three of the gold foil candies. Mmmm.

Well I'm glad you got a cupcake. Sorry it wasn't up to snuff. I agree about the popular frosting, pile of greasy sugar, with some exceptions.

Never forget frozen cake. I haven't had Sara Lee in a long time, but remember their butter poundcake being good, and you can make buttercream frosting easily with butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and a little liquid (milk or cream, almond milk, whatever).

Yeah, right, that carrot cake is healthy! Mmm hmmm.

Tomorrow I'm going to make something I forgot about since I tasted it in the 90's at an office potluck, broccoli cornbread. I felt if I could make it well, it would become a regular meal. It has everything in it. Right now the fridge is well stocked with this wonderful organic broccolini, and HEB recentlly introduced their own store label organic cornbread mix, and I picked up some pasture raised organic eggs. Always have plenty of the Organic Valley raw milk organic cheddar. Gonna finally try it.

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really hate to do this beins it Kad birthday but I am gonna go lay down with Jean, her last night at home so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kad I hope you had a wonderful birthday my friend and I wish I could stay, this has been so much fun.
Good night my friend. Thanks for playing tonight. Enjoyed this evening immensely. Still sending lots of thoughts and prayers out for the two of you.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really hate to do this beins it Kad birthday but I am gonna go lay down with Jean, her last night at home so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kad I hope you had a wonderful birthday my friend and I wish I could stay, this has been so much fun.
Just really pleased you were able to be here with @SirKadly on his birthday, it wouldn't have been the same without you.
We are all with you both in spirit and sending good vibes to all that will be involved in Jeans surgery.
Good Night, Mr Jimi, hope you get some good peaceful sleep tonight. And see you soon :wave:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thought for a second that said Anna Karenina, I was thinking "Wait, didn't she throw herself in front of a train just because Count Leo Tolstoy was a sexist idiot who thought that women who had affairs were automatically going to fall apart?" And don't even get me started on how he portrayed Kitty in that book when Vronsky dissed her. And why do English translations insist on using Catherine, rather than Katherine, or better yet Ykaterina, for Kitty's full name?

I have to confess I have read no Russian authors, and know very little about Russian history except for the Bolshvik revolution and the assassination of the entire house of Romanov, a little about Stalin, Lenin, Trotsky, and the Holodomor against Ukraine, the US and English participation in it which is a karma now rolling back on us as the same global chess players try to destroy our food chain and make us eat bugs.

But I'll defend myself by saying I've read more French authors than most people can shake a stick at.

The song I posted is from the movie Pierrot le Fou, which was a delightful movie. Karina plays an immature lover who skips around yelling "I don't know what to do. I have nothing to do". I don't remember how it ended, or even how it began.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if there are product delivery issues with recent weather in your area, and I mean ingredients for cakes, not the actual cakes.

Cakes in real bakeries are more expensive than grocery store cakes, and I dunno about where you are, but here the stores have in-store bakeries, and some of the stuff they make is really good, but if your grocer had a shortage, probably the bakeries have a shortage too.

What I want is a piece of that chocolate cake you your birthday montage. I'll have a piece with three of the gold foil candies. Mmmm.

Well I'm glad you got a cupcake. Sorry it wasn't up to snuff. I agree about the popular frosting, pile of greasy sugar, with some exceptions.

Never forget frozen cake. I haven't had Sara Lee in a long time, but remember their butter poundcake being good, and you can make buttercream frosting easily with butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and a little liquid (milk or cream, almond milk, whatever).

Yeah, right, that carrot cake is healthy! Mmm hmmm.

Tomorrow I'm going to make something I forgot about since I tasted it in the 90's at an office potluck, broccoli cornbread. I felt if I could make it well, it would become a regular meal. It has everything in it. Right now the fridge is well stocked with this wonderful organic broccolini, and HEB recentlly introduced their own store label organic cornbread mix, and I picked up some pasture raised organic eggs. Always have plenty of the Organic Valley raw milk organic cheddar. Gonna finally try it.
I wish we had HEB around us, the one I was in a few times in Killeen was just a much bigger and better store than the grocery stores in Indiana. More produce, more fresh pasta, more fresh baked goods. Much better seafood selection too, but that's partly location. We are just too far from the coast for good seafood availability.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi, I thought Jean was going in the hospital Monday. Sorry I didn't consider that she'd be going in on Sunday before her surgery date.

Thank you for being here for the party. I so enjoyed your company.

Peace and blessings unending for you and Jean as you walk unflinching into the unknown.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to confess I have read no Russian authors, and know very little about Russian history except for the Bolshvik revolution and the assassination of the entire house of Romanov, a little about Stalin, Lenin, Trotsky, and the Holodomor against Ukraine, the US and English participation in it which is a karma now rolling back on us as the same global chess players try to destroy our food chain and make us eat bugs.

But I'll defend myself by saying I've read more French authors than most people can shake a stick at.

The song I posted is from the movie Pierrot le Fou, which was a delightful movie. Karina plays an immature lover who skips around yelling "I don't know what to do. I have nothing to do". I don't remember how it ended, or even how it began.
I've only read Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov. The only French work I've read is Les Miserables. And of course I read translations of all three. Tolstoy's depiction of the women in Anna Karenina just bugs the crap out of me. Anna has an affair, leaves her husband, then falls apart and kills herself because she can't live with the consequences of suddenly being no longer accepted in the aristocratic circles.

Tolstoy was a part of the aristocracy himself, and understood how things worked, which was, in part, that affairs were accepted, even almost expected, but you were also expected to abide by certain rules, rules which Anna broke by continuing to see Count Vronsky after her husband told her not to, then leaving her husband, who refused to grant her a civil divorce. At the time in Russia there were two different courts, civil and Ecclesiastical, but as the cheater she couldn't seek a divorce through the Ecclesiastical courts.

Anyway, Tolstoy also depicted his other primary female character as someone who fell apart so badly the doctor's insisted she needed to go to the baths in France to recover, and that she would most likely die otherwise, all because Vronsky chose Anna over her. Seriously? She would die from being rejected by the suitor her parents had chosen for her? The man she hadn't even met until a few days before he rejected her?

It just seems crazy to me that he could think these were believable characters.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've read more French authors than most people can shake a stick at.
But I have heard of Rabelais. And Balzac. Because I was in the musical The Music Man once, and they feature in a song, the stuffy mayor's wife and her posse accusing the librarian of fostering immorality because she has "dirty books" in her library.

be.com/watch?v=mvhFs2bdRpE

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've only read Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov. The only French work I've read is Les Miserables. And of course I read translations of all three. Tolstoy's depiction of the women in Anna Karenina just bugs the crap out of me. Anna has an affair, leaves her husband, then falls apart and kills herself because she can't live with the consequences of suddenly being no longer accepted in the aristocratic circles.

Tolstoy was a part of the aristocracy himself, and understood how things worked, which was, in part, that affairs were accepted, even almost expected, but you were also expected to abide by certain rules, rules which Anna broke by continuing to see Count Vronsky after her husband told her not to, then leaving her husband, who refused to grant her a civil divorce. At the time in Russia there were two different courts, civil and Ecclesiastical, but as the cheater she couldn't seek a divorce through the Ecclesiastical courts.

Anyway, Tolstoy also depicted his other primary female character as someone who fell apart so badly the doctor's insisted she needed to go to the baths in France to recover, and that she would most likely die otherwise, all because Vronsky chose Anna over her. Seriously? She would die from being rejected by the suitor her parents had chosen for her? The man she hadn't even met until a few days before he rejected her?

It just seems crazy to me that he could think these were believable characters.

In a way that reminds me of Flaubert's "Madame Bovary". Back then people were obsessed with the sex lives of women in a way we can no longer fathom. I think we can thank the women's rights movement that women can be the land owners, the business owners, the owners of their own bank accounts, can have full custody of their children in divorce, and not have their rights linked to their husbands (though France lagged behind sadly on that divorce/custody issue). It all makes womens foibles less interesting.

"Brothers Karamazov" (Dostoevsky) is a book I would really like to read, after hearing a podcast analysis of it a few years ago, though I don't remember much about that analysis, which had to do with religion.

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In away that reminds me of Flaubert's "Madame Bovary". Back then people were obsessed with the sex lives of women in a way we can no longer fathom. I think we can thank the women's rights movement that women can be the land owners, the business owners, the owners of their own bank accounts, can have full custody of their children in divorce, and not have their rights linked to their husbands (thought France lagged behind sadly on that divorce/custody issue). It all makes womens foibles less interesting.

"Brothers Karamazov" (Dostoevsky) is a book I would really like to read, after hearing a podcast analysis of it a few years ago, though I don't remember much about that analysis, which had to do with religion.
It's a story that seems in some ways rather unfinished. But religion does play a role, and the differences between how each of the brothers views religion and it's role in legal matters comes up.

VU Sponsors