Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gah! I just ran across a song I'd love to share, but it's not on YouTube.:(
This guy is a friend of an old friend of mine.
Dysfunction Blues - Bigdumbhick

If you follow the link (it's to Bandcamp) you need to read his description of how the song came about. Some good laughs in there.

OK, guess I can't post the actual name:facepalm:...I think someone else (@Jimi maybe?) had the same issue with the same word recently:rolleyes:. So there is a word missing in the title. No, I am not a spammer, don't ban me. :giggle:

And...I can't even post the link, it gets removed when I try.:mad:

Let's see if this works. If so, track 5 on this page. If not, I give up.:xD:

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gah! I just ran across a song I'd love to share, but it's not on YouTube.:(
This guy is a friend of an old friend of mine.
Dysfunction Blues - Bigdumbhick

If you follow the link (it's to Bandcamp) you need to read his description of how the song came about. Some good laughs in there.

OK, guess I can't post the actual name:facepalm:...I think someone else (@Jimi maybe?) had the same issue with the same word recently:rolleyes:. So there is a word missing in the title. No, I am not a spammer, don't ban me. :giggle:

And...I can't even post the link, it gets removed when I try.:mad:

Let's see if this works. If so, track 5 on this page. If not, I give up.:xD:

This?

But yes, the Bandcamp link works. Lets you listen to the whole songs.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK I'd better get ready and go see you all later :wave:

Jimi, so sorry I missed today and your send-off.

Me too, like everybody here, praying for the best outcome, and a whole new lease on life for you and Jean after a successful surgery tomorrow. I'm just envisioning the day when this dark cloud is gone and you are once again carefree and happy.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I swear I looked for it and all I found was songs with similar titles, but not this one. Guess I didn't quite try hard enough.

I think that means it's shadow banned on YT. When I can't find something there, before I give up I search it in the regular old browser search engine, and sometimes that will show me the YT link to the vid I want.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listening to Billie Eilish sing on the Grammy Awards. First, didn't know she was the sister of FINNEAS. Second, I didn't care for the airiness in her voice. Never listened to her songs, so I don't know if she always sings like that?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a trick to try, but I haven't yet.

You know what artist and song you want to post, but you have to spend time finding the link, and then either the opportunity is gone because someone else posted a song that won't word match yours, or you get ninja'd. So start by just making a post with the artist and song names, post it, then go find the song link, come back and edit your post to add the song link.

Am I making it all too serious?

The thing I hate isn't getting ninja'd. What I hate is missing the opportunity to post a song I want to share.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a trick to try, but I haven't yet.

You know what artist and song you want to post, but you have to spend time finding the link, and then either the opportunity is gone because someone else posted a song that won't word match yours, or you get ninja'd. So start by just making a post with the artist and song names, post it, then go find the song link, come back and edit your post to add the song link.

Am I making it all too serious?

The thing I hate isn't getting ninja'd. What I hate is missing the opportunity to post a song I want to share.
Makes perfect sense if it's a song you really want to share. Most of the time I'm not really trying to share anything I care about, but when I am, you are absolutely right, it is a bit annoying to miss the chance to post a song I really wanted to share just because it took time to find the link.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listening to Billie Eilish sing on the Grammy Awards. First, didn't know she was the sister of FINNEAS. Second, I didn't care for the airiness in her voice. Never listened to her songs, so I don't know if she always sings like that?

People have posted her songs in this thread a few times. Otherwise I wouldn't have known of her. I think the appeal is supposed to be a kind of avant garde theatricality, and I feel I kind of understand her, but I wouldn't be sad if I never heard of Eilish again.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Metallica won Best Metal Performance for 72 Seasons. Cool.

Boygenius won Best Rock Performance for Not Strong Enough? Really?
A song I have never heard played on the ROCK station I listen to? Can it really be better than Foo Fighters Rescued, or Metallica's Lux Æterna? Guess I'll look it up, but I'm thinking it's probably not what I think of as rock. If I had a vote it would have gone to Foo Fighters, Rescued is a great song, but I could have lived with Lux Æterna also.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My heart sinks whenever anybody says they're logging out in the middle of a brisk game, and I hate doing it too. As much as I'm enjoying the company, gotta call it quits for tonite. I have some work to do so Monday morning won't be insane, the kitchen to clean up, etc. All the minutiae.

Have a great evening Kad.
:blowkiss:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My heart sinks whenever anybody says they're logging out in the middle of a brisk game, and I hate doing it too. As much as I'm enjoying the company, gotta call it quits for tonite. I have some work to do so Monday morning won't be insane, the kitchen to clean up, etc. All the minutiae.

Have a great evening Kad.
:blowkiss:
Good night miss Bliss. I still need to do dishes from my zucchini pizza bite dinner. Thanks for spending some time here this evening. :wave:
Peace and Love

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Metallica won Best Metal Performance for 72 Seasons. Cool.

Boygenius won Best Rock Performance for Not Strong Enough? Really?
A song I have never heard played on the ROCK station I listen to? Can it really be better than Foo Fighters Rescued, or Metallica's Lux Æterna? Guess I'll look it up, but I'm thinking it's probably not what I think of as rock. If I had a vote it would have gone to Foo Fighters, Rescued is a great song, but I could have lived with Lux Æterna also.
OK, I listened to Not Strong Enough, maybe it deserved an award after all, though I'm still not sold on it belonging in the same category as Foo Fighters and Metallica. I'm not 100% sure what category I would place it in though. It's got tones of Country Rock I suppose? Seems it was primarily sent out to and played by Alternative stations, don't know if there is an Alternative field in the Grammy's.

Still would have liked to have seen Rescued win.

For anyone who hasn't heard any of the new Metallica stuff (from the album titled 72 Seasons) I'm going to post 72 Seasons and Lux Æterna, just because. For some reason I didn't care for metal back when I was young, but I've become a bit of a metalhead in my second youth, aka 50s.

Hmmm, 72 Seasons is much longer here than the radio version.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, I listened to Not Strong Enough, maybe it deserved an award after all, though I'm still not sold on it belonging in the same category as Foo Fighters and Metallica. I'm not 100% sure what category I would place it in though. It's got tones of Country Rock I suppose? Seems it was primarily sent out to and played by Alternative stations, don't know if there is an Alternative field in the Grammy's.

Still would have liked to have seen Rescued win.

For anyone who hasn't heard any of the new Metallica stuff (from the album titled 72 Seasons) I'm going to post 72 Seasons and Lux Æterna, just because. For some reason I didn't care for metal back when I was young, but I've become a bit of a metalhead in my second youth, aka 50s.

Hmmm, 72 Seasons is much longer here than the radio version.
Kinda a U2 vibe with autotune is how it sounded to me. Not something we'll be talking about in 50 years. Speaking of 50 years, here's a list of rock albums turning 50 this year. There are some great ones there...

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kinda a U2 vibe with autotune is how it sounded to me. Not something we'll be talking about in 50 years. Speaking of 50 years, here's a list of rock albums turning 50 this year. There are some great ones there...
Dang, Jefferson Airplane has been gone for 50 years?

VU Sponsors