Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I have to say I am quite surprised by the Big Game so far. No score until after the second quarter started, and I never would have guessed that the first scoring play would be made by Arnold Schwarzenegger with the assistance of Danny DeVito. And with that "Twins" touchdown, State Farm takes the lead!

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheating a teensy bit I suppose, same song, different artist. Durst does a great job with this cover I think.

Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit
For whatever it's worth, I never think posting the same song, different artist, is a cheat. I've done it many times. But I realize I'm not the arbiter of the rules. I've seen other players do it too.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG no time to play on this most miserable Monday in a long time. I had an internet outage from yesterday afternoon until about 45 minutes ago. I scheduled a technician to come yesterday, but then got a follow up call from their dispatch, saying it wasn't me, that there was an area outage, and to stand by for the update. Been on pins and needles since then. I try not to work on Sundays, but just keep up with what I'll be facing on Mondays. Couldn't do that, had to wait for the surprises.

Hope to see you all later today.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG no time to play on this most miserable Monday in a long time. I had an internet outage from yesterday afternoon until about 45 minutes ago. I scheduled a technician to come yesterday, but then got a follow up call from their dispatch, saying it wasn't me, that there was an area outage, and to stand by for the update. Been on pins and needles since then. I try not to work on Sundays, but just keep up with what I'll be facing on Mondays. Couldn't do that, had to wait for the surprises.

Hope to see you all later today.
So sorry your Monday sucks, just remember, when life hand you lemons, trade them for limes. Then find someone whose life gave them tequila so you can have a margarita party.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmmm, I have three days of good things....so let's begin....

Saturday, :bliss: I got a break from cooking and cleaning up afterwards, that's always a good thing ;) :)

Sunday....I was flossing my teeth in bathroom, Tigglee came in, hopped up onto the cabinet, all was fine until....he saw my hairbrush. He freaked out, backed up and fell, his eyes went so BIG while he was falling. It's another Have to be there to see kinda thing. It was hilarious. I don't know why the hairbrush freaks him out, the other 2 don't freak out on it.

For today, talked with mom, and she sounded good and is doing good, this always makes my heart smile :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family :wave:
Havin a pretty good day here, got Jean out of hospital and stopped by pharmacy ( why does it take them an hour to put 60 pills in one bottle and 30 in another:facepalm:) got her home and settled in then had to go get supplies, she has a whole new diet, came home and run the chuckwagon then clean up and now, finally now I get a break:giggle:. At least things should slowly get back to normal.
I sure do miss everyone and playin the game with you all. Hope the day is bein fair to everyone:hug:

Happy Birthday Anniversary to Doors keyboardist, Ray Manzarek! - Pictured with his band "Rick & The Ravens" - early 60's
May be an image of 4 people, saxophone, trumpet, record player and text

May be an image of piano and text

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evenin Family :wave:
Havin a pretty good day here, got Jean out of hospital and stopped by pharmacy ( why does it take them an hour to put 60 pills in one bottle and 30 in another:facepalm:) got her home and settled in then had to go get supplies, she has a whole new diet, came home and run the chuckwagon then clean up and now, finally now I get a break:giggle:. At least things should slowly get back to normal.
I sure do miss everyone and playin the game with you all. Hope the day is bein fair to everyone:hug:

Happy Birthday Anniversary to Doors keyboardist, Ray Manzarek! - Pictured with his band "Rick & The Ravens" - early 60's
May be an image of 4 people, saxophone, trumpet, record player and text

May be an image of piano and text
This makes my heart smile

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why the hairbrush freaks him out, the other 2 don't freak out on it.

I remember how much I laughed at my dog for getting freaked out. I had a basket of magazines in my bedroom at home, you know, the kinds of magazines teens used to read before the internet era took over and killed print media, always with a cover model face on the front. My dog Valentine would spy the cover girl face on the one at the front of the basket, back away, growl at it, then start barking at it. I guess he wondered why that face stayed down there where he was, and expected it to start walking toward him. Who knows...

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the internet era took over and killed print media
Severely wounded perhaps, but not killed. I still prefer an actual physical book, though I sometimes read books on a tablet. Magazines and newspapers though are mostly dead in print form.

Which brings me to my good thing for the day. I think a couple of you already got a little taste of it on the Cats thread. But my good thing is a video I found of a Pennsylvania bookstore that has "bookstore cats," which I think means cats the proprietor adopted, roaming the bookstore, along with cats they are fostering for one of the shelters in the area. Some of the cats have even had their own books published. People can adopt the cats right there. And it was a big bookstore. I was so touched by the idea of the bookstore that I have finally created a bucket list, with the first thing on my list being to visit that bookstore.

I think I'm starting to turn into a crazy cat dude.

VU Sponsors