Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
As for risk of tetanus, I'm a stubborn ass who only very briefly considered getting my foot checked out due to the amount in blood in the couple minutes it took me to get back inside
Oh no on the nail in the foot, ouch. I will be the lone Mama bear and tell you to think about getting a tetanus shot and getting your foot checked out at an Urgent Care. It's up to you, but if it were me I would get one . I am not a Dr in real life or play one on the internet, just to be on the safe side. I know it is not a popular topic here to have trust in any of the medical field , just call me old fashion,lol.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh no on the nail in the foot, ouch. I will be the lone Mama bear and tell you to think about getting a tetanus shot and getting your foot checked out at an Urgent Care. It's up to you, but if it were me I would get one . I am not a Dr in real life or play one on the internet, just to be on the safe side. I know it is not a popular topic here to have trust in any of the medical field , just call me old fashion,lol.
I appreciate the concern but as I said, I'm a stubborn ass. Also, according to the Mayo Clinic, I should be OK.
"If you have a simple, clean wound — and you've had a tetanus shot within 10 years — you can care for your wound at home."

If my foot seems to become infected I'll seek treatment, or if I start having muscle spasms I will, but I just don't like paying for what seems like an unneeded shot just to prevent a condition I most likely won't get anyway.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, just adding this about the last song I posted, in case anyone is interested. It should be noted that the song was actually written in the artists native language, Bambara then translated into French prior to being performed. This translation from French into English by a third party then means something has almost certainly been lost in translation. However, despite the somewhat upbeat sound of the song it seems from this translation and watching the video that it is not truly a happy song.

Sénégal Fast-Food

It’s at Manhattan fast food’s
Dakar, Senegal, cinema le Paris
Tomorrow I would be gone
The Bamako Mopti station
There is no problem…all is well
Today I am getting married, I have confidence
Amoul solo, Gao, Algeria, Tunisia, Italy
There is no problem, I love!
At Manhattan fast food’s
Dakar, Senegal, cinema le Paris
Elevator for the ghetto
It is midnight in Tokyo
It is five o’clock in Mali
What time is it in paradise?
We who leave our countries

May the children of the country not forget us
We who are in this thing
This thing that none of us would know how to name it
We who are in faraway countries
May the children of the country not forget us
It is midnight in Tokyo, it is five o’clock in Mali
What time is it in paradise?
Dakar, Bamako, Rio de Janeiro
Where is the problem? Where is the border?
Between the walls, thread one’s way
In the elevator for the ghetto

My interpretation (based on combining the video with the lyrics) - A man with a dream of leaving Mali to live a better life presumably in one of the locations listed in the song, and finding his way blocked. Unable to get a Visa, he illegally travels to France and at the end of the video is arrested for not having proper papers.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well that wasn't easy, missed half of the first quarter before I found tonight's Fever game. Why can't they just show the whole season on one network like the good old days? Now you have to watch one game here, one game there.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After starting the season 1-5, the Fever (last place last year) starts the second quarter against Las Vegas (Champions last year) with a four point lead. There might be hope for them after all...

...and then Caitlin Clark just turned over the ball with one of the worst passes ever.

VU Sponsors