Alternate Universe

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm all about new and functional...however I would love to get my hands on a colt python...it's like the revolver of all revolvers...but it is no longer made
I had a show on tv last night and they were "restoring" a gun. I wasn't paying attention to it and didn't catch what it was, but it was an old lever action. Anyway, I was confused as to how they were "restoring" it because they replaced everything except for the receiver and then proceeded to carve a bunch of decorative patterns into it including a big buck.

They said collectors pay big money for these "restorations" and I'm like, if it was my gun I'd be pissed. Hell I don't even own the gun and was kind of pissed.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a show on tv last night and they were "restoring" a gun. I wasn't paying attention to it and didn't catch what it was, but it was an old lever action. Anyway, I was confused as to how they were "restoring" it because they replaced everything except for the receiver and then proceeded to carve a bunch of decorative patterns into it including a big buck.

They said collectors pay big money for these "restorations" and I'm like, if it was my gun I'd be pissed. Hell I don't even own the gun and was kind of pissed.
I would have been absolutely furious

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome sam...can't say I care for the drink..but welcome all the sam3

And I don't think I'll be blowing any kisses like cherry there lol

hi adk. the drink is i how i got dubbed sambuca. but i'm a tea-totaler now. did i spell that right? :oops:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would have been absolutely furious
I didn't even own the gun and I was.

Especially when they pressed a new made on date into the new barrel. I didn't quite catch it, but the way they said it, it sounded like it was the restoration date that got pressed.

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't even own the gun and I was.

Especially when they pressed a new made on date into the new barrel. I didn't quite catch it, but the way they said it, it sounded like it was the restoration date that got pressed.
I own an old 44 mag...it has the petina on it...I love it!!!!!!!

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you and me both, sweetie.

you could just move south! save the pills and savor the sunshine.
lotus_smiley.gif

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi adk. the drink is i how i got dubbed sambuca. but i'm a tea-totaler now. did i spell that right? :oops:
That's okay, it's been so long since I drank that I had to go google sambuca to find out what it was :)

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i meant to say pack heat, isn't that what they say?

i dunno. never owned a gun. shot them, yes. own one...no way.

btw, we're both right. cuz you be packin' heat and causin' it and the same time.
penguin.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dunno. never owned a gun. shot them, yes. own one...no way.

btw, we're both right. cuz you be packin' heat and causin' it and the same time.
penguin.gif

pshaw.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not bedtime, just going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
uh oh.....more gun talk. i just got run out of one gun thread. i better be still. View attachment 7653
if the lion can see you, we can see you too...

I was going to post a meme, but man is it hard to find a pic of a male lion stalking prey... I mean those cats have life all figured out, let the ladies hunt, kick back and rest all day... actually that kind of resembles my life right now. Does that make me my own meme?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nah, boys love their toys....besides, i've been known to carry heat on occasion.

View attachment 7655
Man, I haven't caught up on the posts since I walked away for a couple of minutes (thread is moving fast again tonight), but I refereshed my screen to see this and I have to say, I kinda like this more than the halloween pics... Is that wrong?

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got SADD (Seasonal Depression). At this time of year I have a full spectrum light next to my desk and computer and replaced my reading lamp light with a full spectrum bulb. The full spectrum light really does help.
Mine is by my bed

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got SADD (Seasonal Depression). At this time of year I have a full spectrum light next to my desk and computer and replaced my reading lamp light with a full spectrum bulb. The full spectrum light really does help.

i always wanted to get one of those. maybe this is the year.
i am gonna get off here now while i am feeling ok. never know how long these things last.
nitey nite.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The guy that runs my shop said that I can get it upgraded to a 50 watt bored I think...I'll have to ask about the details on that
Lemme know what you find out about an upgrade. Had not heard that before but haven't kept up either. I'd use mine again if it could hit 50!

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good night all, here's looking for tomorrow to be over with, cause Friday is going to be AWESOME!!!!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How long have you been doing that and do you have a light you recommend? My wife has been having issues with depression during the winters since her hysterectomy about 4 years ago and I wonder if one of these would help.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had one since I was 15 the technology has gotten a lot better now it has an ionizer and a timer so you can set it for 15 or 30 minutes the old one you just had to leave on and then turn off

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope that he didn't hurt anybody... and I certainly hope that after all those shots that they hurt him...
He killed a soldier guarding the WWI memorial first... There were 2 others too they are looking for.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fortunately I'm not bothered by the cold and actually sort of enjoy the winter since moving from CA to IN. It's probably because there are fewer people out in public...
Where you at in Indiana?

VU Sponsors