Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Going to watch sons tonight "be nice" :) Just checking to see what CaFF's posting for dinner so I can get hungry and motivated to cook.

Ah, sorry. I've been so lazy today, Jack and Schitt had to do each other. ;)

I did make some embellished mac 'n cheese again last night though.
Made with extra pasta added. Used some smoked sausage, hamburger, Italian spices, serrano and jalapeno chiles along with some dried red chile flakes, onions and garlic cooked down and deglazed with red wine, then added some of my spicy tomato/meat sauce and mexican cheese. I like putting sour cream on it. :)

P1020815.JPG

Last edited:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mmmm looks good "I just went with a chicken salad using a rotisserie chicken from the deli, came out pretty good!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More hugs.
410326004.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should pay $75 for another BF atty or not. It's tiny and would fit my Reo OG mini perfectly, plus they're not being made anymore. But that's a bunch of money (angel). But it would last me a long time (devil). You need new tires soon (angel). But it would look so much better than the milled attys (devil). Sigh. I've been doing that for most of the day.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I probably will. Almost did today but the safety doohicky was yellow so I backed out. No thanks to getting my CC # stolen again.

How are you feeling Fishee?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More hugs.
410326004.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should pay $75 for another BF atty or not. It's tiny and would fit my Reo OG mini perfectly, plus they're not being made anymore. But that's a bunch of money (angel). But it would last me a long time (devil). You need new tires soon (angel). But it would look so much better than the milled attys (devil). Sigh. I've been doing that for most of the day.

For me it's simple:

1. pay all bills first
2. subtract monies for things I know I'll need in the month like cat food, DIY supplies and toiletries
3. after that, I calculate how much is left for spending and subtrack the purchase cost.
4. if I want it bad enough, know I won't hate the price in a week and can accept the hit to my spending cash, I get it.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I probably will. Almost did today but the safety doohicky was yellow so I backed out. No thanks to getting my CC # stolen again.

How are you feeling Fishee?
Aw that sucks!:mad:

I'm feeling pretty good. Still really sore but think I'll be ready for work tomorrow.

Biggest problem right now is blockage :confused:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heheh, I sort of splurged this month spending about $80 on three orders.

One order was a 52% off sale that won't come around again soon, where I got a replacement Aerotank for my busted Vision Victory BCC and heads for PT and BDC cheap. Another was a good regular price deal on batteries I need and the bigger one was a sale price on a ChDNA30 mod and Orchid v4 atty I've waited on for months. Those prices aren't gonna get much better and by cutting heating costs this month, I had a little extra cash. ;)

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heheh, I sort of splurged this month spending about $80 on three orders.

One order was a 52% off sale that won't come around again soon, where I got a replacement Aerotank for my busted Vision Victory BCC and heads for PT and BDC cheap. Another was a good regular price deal on batteries I need and the bigger one was a sale price on a ChDNA30 mod and Orchid v4 atty I've waited on for months. Those prices aren't gonna get much better and by cutting heating costs this month, I had a little extra cash. ;)
I've hardly spent anything on vape stuff lately. All I use anymore are Reos and I have more DIY stuff than any normal person should. lol Tried again to buy that atty but the security is still in the yellow, so that means I'll have to call if I want one. I hate the phone. Hey Indy Vapers! Update your shit so I can buy stuff!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've hardly spent anything on vape stuff lately. All I use anymore are Reos and I have more DIY stuff than any normal person should. lol Tried again to buy that atty but the security is still in the yellow, so that means I'll have to call if I want one. I hate the phone. Hey Indy Vapers! Update your shit so I can buy stuff!

Hmm, what atty are you looking for and what site is that?

This one?
http://indyvaporshop.com/index.html

I get a yellow icon too when I hit the cart, but likely because it's a Yahoo Live Store and not the same as their domain.
It's using a non-expired TLS v1.0 256 bit AES (2048 bit RSA/SHA) certificate though from Verisign.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
one other thing on my mind. there is an incredible number of people on this forum with serious health problems. do you think most of them could be smoking related?
Mine are rocket propelled grenade related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know this is probably silly, but we have a few jeweler-types in here, so:

I have this old earring that a friend gave me like 20 years ago. Never worn it as the post is a bit too wide to fit in my ear easily. That has made me wonder if it's a body-mod piece and not an earring?

Wondering if it could be genuine materials? It hasn't tarnished in all of that time, so it's at least gold-plated. What I wonder really, is if it could be a real garnet or ruby? (my birthstone - why she gave it to me)

No hallmarks or other markings that I can see. Feels fairly heavy and well-made for what it is.
The whole thing seem like it's overkill of a setting for just a piece of glass.

The facets are not 100% evenly cut, so that makes me think it is either just cheap which would be bad, or cut by hand...which would be good. :)

Yeah, I should take it to a jeweler, but the scruffy/long-haired way I look, nobody would even want to see it. My gut tells me it's likely a garnet set in a gold-plated base metal, probably from India since it was the 1990's. If it WAS a ruby...o_0

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ever wonder why girls never think they're pretty enough? this kinda thing is a huge contributor.

Ya.. gotta love professional makeup and Photoshop (use to be airbrush)... I always love the when the tabloids show stars with no makeup.. the change is usually huge. Theres one on the stands now.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude,I'm so scared of sneezing right now. I can't even cough.
My abs feel like I did 10,000 crunches. I can barely move.:(

Oh, the dread of the sneeze! :eek: Remember it well. (Dreaded it also all that time before the repair.)

Do you have the inflated nitrogen belly? I think I hated that discomfort more than the raw pain.

Last edited:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I have this old earring that a friend gave me like 20 years ago. Never worn it as the post is a bit too wide to fit in my ear easily. That has made me wonder if it's a body-mod piece and not an earring?

Wondering if it could be genuine materials? It hasn't tarnished in all of that time, so it's at least gold-plated. What I wonder really, is if it could be a real garnet or ruby? (my birthstone - why she gave it to me)

No hallmarks or other markings that I can see. Feels fairly heavy and well-made for what it is.

The facets are not 100% evenly cut, so that makes me think it is either just cheap which would be bad, or cut by hand...which would be good. :)

Yeah, I should take it to a jeweler, but the scruffy/long-haired way I look, nobody would even want to see it. My gut tells me it's likely a garnet set in a gold-plated base metal, probably from India since it was the 1990's. If it WAS a ruby...o_0

Looks like a piercer earring to me, the kind that goes in the gun. Chances of it being a real ruby are slim. Probably gold plated unless there's a stamp on it.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

It looks like a nose ring

VU Sponsors