Mechanical box mods are quite rare

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!
It's just good hearty foodstuffs with a lot of uses: could be made into a soup, a brekky burrito, or eaten just as-is.

I like really this stuff with an egg over-medium and topped with cheese.. :D

Hmmm...sitting here w2ondering what your cholesterol level is...:eek:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, hand made by a vet too, right, which makes it even better. Of course, you'll have to show her off to us when it's ready.
Absolutely! Not sure when he will be able to get his hands on a chip from Evolv.

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great new mouse for the computer...and actually found config files and applications for Linux.

What version? Ubuntu...Old African word for too scared to run Slackware?

Shoot...even I won't try slackware. Computers can be too much work as it is.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What version? Ubuntu...Old African word for too scared to run Slackware?

Shoot...even I won't try slackware. Computers can be too much work as it is.
I used to run Gentoo, but now I run Mint 17/Mate

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely! Not sure when he will be able to get his hands on a chip from Evolv.
If the chips are too tough to come by, maybe you can talk him into making one with the SX-350. That would get you up to 60 watts I believe and should be easier to get.

Found a guy that sells wooden boxes with this chip, and they are bottom feeders. Problem is he's in Italy, and sells through Facebook.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't see to many wood mods that have chips that don't have crazy prices
The two I have now are simple MOSFET boxes. I have one on preorder that is Philippine Kamagong wood and fully mechanical.....and another that I will not talk about as of yet.

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to run Gentoo, but now I run Mint 17/Mate

Ubuntu based, or straight Debian?

I have that running on a "retired" desktop used for fixing other people's stuff (failed HDDs, etc), use PCLinuxOS on a laptop and Arch for my main machine. PCLinuxOS is cool because Tex has a great configuration interface a lot of dists have dropped.

And, yeah...Mate. If I wanted to run Gnome 3 I'd just get Windows 8...:D I used to get my system working bending libs to get Gnome 2 working, and then break it by installing some program that would bork the Gnome 2 libs. Thankfully someone took the challenge. Cinnamon has done weird things on occasion.

Gentoo's cool because, like Arch., it compiles apps on your machine rather than on someone else's and hope there aren't quirks on yours that Eff it up...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ubuntu based, or straight Debian?

I have that running on a "retired" desktop used for fixing other people's stuff (failed HDDs, etc), use PCLinuxOS on a laptop and Arch for my main machine. PCLinuxOS is cool because Tex has a great configuration interface a lot of dists have dropped.

And, yeah...Mate. If I wanted to run Gnome 3 I'd just get Windows 8...:D I used to get my system working bending libs to get Gnome 2 working, and then break it by installing some program that would bork the Gnome 2 libs. Thankfully someone took the challenge. Cinnamon has done weird things on occasion.

Gentoo's cool because, like Arch., it compiles apps on your machine rather than on someone else's and hope there aren't quirks on yours that Eff it up...
Ubuntu based'ish. Mint is slowly moving away from their more or less direct connection to the Shuttleworth empire of nonsense.

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ubuntu based'ish. Mint is slowly moving away from their more or less direct connection to the Shuttleworth empire of nonsense.

Antergos. You get a nifty NCURSES or full GUI installer that installs their version of ARCH on your machine, and uses the ARCH repositories so once it's installed it becomes ARCH. There's a neat package manager and a number of "user provided" apps that can be installed trough the interface. You really have to jump trough some hoops to install from a Tarball, though. You have to set up your own "repository" on your computer, and then make an install script to install it. I'm not a programmer...there used to be an app from Adobe that cost ~$500 for Windows...or FREE under the GPL...no brainer! Just a 3 year learning curve! :D

And, believe it or not, I can spell "through". Really!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
images

Haha..I use that everyday...simple is good.
She's a real beauty. I was only goofing about her butt. So sweet that you defended her figure!

Thanks!
I'm sure she's isn't worried - more likely I defend the $30/mo I spend on getting her good foods and keeping her healthy. =)
I hate the Purina cartel's fattening of kitties and causing so many health issues though...cats shouldn't eat gluten and grains..ugh!

@CaFF. Great news! I was able to rescue the gray tabby today. I work with Charles River Alley Cats. They do TNR work with ferals and rescue work with all the others. A no kill organization. This guy is a love. Don't know why someone would abandon him. People are so cruel. Cold weather is coming by the end of the week, too. So happy he'll be someplace warm and get medical attention.

Awesome work!
It's going to be hitting the teens for lows here by mid-week too...brrr. Tiki was a stray rescue too. It'll be 3 years Feb. the 13th. (yes, I got her on a Friday the 13th)

It's was -10F out at the time, and she kept showing up at my friend's house and trying super-hard to get in. She's very fast and persistent. ;-)
They have a passel of kids and his GF was preggo so they didn't want a cat around. He knew I liked cats but hadn't had one for years after my last one died suddenly of renal failure. But, I said I'd take a look and see how she felt..and when I saw her I just had to take her home rather than let her go to the pound. We're just meant to be I reckon. IDK what I'd do without her. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tongue in cheek mate. You are clearly a foodie!

Hehehe..yeah, I'm just not a posh foodie type. Rasied to be fairly simple about such things....but with Mexican/Asian/Indian/Aussie influences.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure eating all these chiles, garlic, onions, ginger and the like everyday has kept me alive - considering how much I used to smoke and drink.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have Mint on a USB stick and got my Mom using it too on an old dual-core. She's is computer illiterate and kept breaking Widows...now she can't. :)
As long as you don't fanny about with x-org.conf there is not much you can do to bugger Linux installs. Ok, and comment out the wrong things in initramfs.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As long as you don't fanny about with x-org.conf there is not much you can do to bugger Linux installs. Ok, and comment out the wrong things in initramfs.

Or, when my Dad buys a all-in-one Windows printer just randomly and expects it to work...CUPS sort of worked, but then my brother tried using the scanner and broke it.
Used these:

The PPA depos are b0rked...
http://ajiteshmadai.wordpress.com/2...t-printer-drivers-in-ubuntulinuxmint-via-ppa/

This worked, but not well
http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-printer-driver-canon-pixma-ip-series-on-ubuntu/

I love Canon cameras, hate their printers. Mom wants an appliance type deal when it comes to tech...no thinking required, just works. SMH..

Me, I have a HP Laserjet 2200dtn. It'll work on any OS there is. ;-)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fortunately CUPS handles the printing on my HP all in one...and SANE oddly handles the scanning with no issues.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
To be honest I'm at my breaking point. Plan to get on hands and knees sobbing and beg them to do something

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest I'm at my breaking point. Plan to get on hands and knees sobbing and beg them to do something

Sorry to hear that Cherrycakes....I was gonna say "hope you feel better but obvious that's not the case... but to be honest once I looked it up few days ago kind of made me cringe. Yeah, get back to doctor, pain pills don't really do much for me but get me high, pains still there when I had issues and defiantly I can't related to what your going through :(

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O.k I feel really stupid asking this questions but you guys keep talking about computers so I am just going to ask. Why oh why is the time my pc always running 21 minutes fast ? It sounds funny but it driving me nuts. I will go in and change the time back to normal and by tomorrow it will be back to 20-21 minutes fast again. What in the world could be doing this?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
O.k I feel really stupid asking this questions but you guys keep talking about computers so I am just going to ask. Why oh why is the time my pc always running 21 minutes fast ? It sounds funny but it driving me nuts. I will go in and change the time back to normal and by tomorrow it will be back to 20-21 minutes fast again. What in the world could be doing this?

Hmm, I've heard of this but it was years ago.

Try turning off the computer, then unplugging it from the wall for a couple of minutes. Then, re-attach power and reboot it.

Also, check that it is updating the time:

Right-click the clock in the tray, then click "Adjust Date & Time".
Click the Internet Time tab, then "Adjust Settings". Try to update it.
If it fails, try using the time-b.nist.gov server instead of the time.windows.com server in the drop-down menu.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nom nom nom, best food pic I've seen yet... sorry @CaFF but holiday dinners mean it's pie season too :)

NP, I like Pie too, just not very often. :D

I just don't eat any sweets all that much, except some occasional yogurt and sweeteners in my coffee/tea.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Arghh..this Chana30 has a quirk that bugs me.

When it powers down after 15 seconds of inactivity, it will take an either a long time holding the fire button or an extra button press to wake it up before I can fire it. Annoying...

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, I've heard of this but it was years ago.

Try turning off the computer, then unplugging it from the wall for a couple of minutes. Then, re-attach power and reboot it.

Also, check that it is updating the time:

Right-click the clock in the tray, then click "Adjust Date & Time".
Click the Internet Time tab, then "Adjust Settings". Try to update it.
If it fails, try using the time-b.nist.gov server instead of the time.windows.com server in the drop-down menu.
Many thanks I will give that a try tomorrow when I'm at it.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Every time I look at a certain avatar....I'm reminded of a rather substantial antique Venetian carnival mask collection that I lost in my divorce. Plus five Maregas

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone here have any experience with good headphones? My Dr.Dre's bit the dust tonight so I need a new pair for when I am in my studio. My Dre's lasted 6 years so I think that's pretty good but I am wondering ............... Here's the two I have narrowed it down to I think-

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...760&path=935622b7e141261ad1a4f6d8e88f10f3en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...912&path=3635b1ab9e459ded7aaf1d36ae040a5fen02

Thoughts ?
Sennheiser

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha..I use that everyday...simple is good.

Thanks!
I'm sure she's isn't worried - more likely I defend the $30/mo I spend on getting her good foods and keeping her healthy. =)
I hate the Purina cartel's fattening of kitties and causing so many health issues though...cats shouldn't eat gluten and grains..ugh!

Awesome work!
It's going to be hitting the teens for lows here by mid-week too...brrr. Tiki was a stray rescue too. It'll be 3 years Feb. the 13th. (yes, I got her on a Friday the 13th)

It's was -10F out at the time, and she kept showing up at my friend's house and trying super-hard to get in. She's very fast and persistent. ;-)
They have a passel of kids and his GF was preggo so they didn't want a cat around. He knew I liked cats but hadn't had one for years after my last one died suddenly of renal failure. But, I said I'd take a look and see how she felt..and when I saw her I just had to take her home rather than let her go to the pound. We're just meant to be I reckon. IDK what I'd do without her. :)
It's great when it works out like that. I have always let our pets pick us. I think it makes a stronger bond

VU Sponsors