Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone here have any experience with good headphones? My Dr.Dre's bit the dust tonight so I need a new pair for when I am in my studio. My Dre's lasted 6 years so I think that's pretty good but I am wondering narrowed it down to I think Thoughts ?

Jensy..........how's the weather in Canada? I am in Colorado and our winter barley begins on Tuesday...very strange for us, it's been in the 60's up to this point.
I use Studio wireless bluetooth....guess it's depends what your using them for, I like connecting to my iphone and walking all over my house and outside, only downside is the damn microwave interferes :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The way I see it is that I have a choice..........woman in my life..................enormous vape budget................SO OBVIOUS!
Yeah, I had a comment to that effect but decided to delete it to make sure I didn't offend anyone LOL

Trying to be on my best behavior after last time... LOL

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well we have had snow since Sept 29 so I am already tired of it now. You have to remember though that I am very very far north on the BC border so my weather is not typical for all in Canada. The coldest we have had so far is -27 but the norm has been -15 to-20. I am so not looking forward to our frigid temps that can be -40 with wind chills -55 and up.

I also live on top of the mountain so by January snow will be well past my waist and it's already to my knees. Fa lalalalalallalal (head desk)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone here have any experience with good headphones? My Dr.Dre's bit the dust tonight so I need a new pair for when I am in my studio. My Dre's lasted 6 years so I think that's pretty good but I am wondering ............... Here's the two I have narrowed it down to I think-

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...760&path=935622b7e141261ad1a4f6d8e88f10f3en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...912&path=3635b1ab9e459ded7aaf1d36ae040a5fen02

Thoughts ?

Beats are just junk tuned for rap music..poorly, and the Bose while nice are overpriced IMO.

The Sennheiser headphones are a superb line, but there are other options too. A lot depends on your budget and what you listen to and listen with.

Here's a bit of a guide: http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-studio-headphones

Nice stuff under $100: http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-audio-technica-headphones-for-under-100

If all you use are low-quality MP3's (under 320Kbps) on your smart phone, then I guess it isn't a biggie, but quality sound is important if ya ask me. :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone here have any experience with good headphones? My Dr.Dre's bit the dust tonight so I need a new pair for when I am in my studio. My Dre's lasted 6 years so I think that's pretty good but I am wondering ............... Here's the two I have narrowed it down to I think-

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...760&path=935622b7e141261ad1a4f6d8e88f10f3en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...912&path=3635b1ab9e459ded7aaf1d36ae040a5fen02

Thoughts ?
I love my BOSE QuietComfort 2's. I've had them for over 8 years and the only issue I have had is the leather sort of flaking off the ear pads, but they sell replacements. Actually just got them a couple of weeks ago and now they are good as new again.

One of the best X-mas presents I ever got since I was traveling about 50 weeks a year and sometimes to multiple places each week..

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every time I look at a certain avatar....I'm reminded of a rather substantial antique Venetian carnival mask collection that I lost in my divorce. Plus five Maregas
Eeeeeek I am so sorry. I will see what I can do to change my avi so you won't have flashbacks .

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well we have had snow since Sept 29 so I am already tired of it now. You have to remember though that I am very very far north on the BC border so my weather is not typical for all in Canada. The coldest we have had so far is -27 but the norm has been -15 to-20. I am so not looking forward to our frigid temps that can be -40 with wind chills -55 and up.

I also live on top of the mountain so by January snow will be well past my waist and it's already to my knees. Fa lalalalalallalal (head desk)

Sounds fun to me. :)
But, I was born in Ontario and grew up in the Inland Northwest so I love winter.

Haven't been back to CAN since the 90s though..was in Vernon/Kelowna back then.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I need a good set of headphones because when I am in my studio there is tons of noise going on. I have a huge industrial fan going plus 2 smaller, oxygen concentrator, silver polisher, tumblers etc so I need something to dull the noise. As well as I am always listening to music and want good quality sound. I don't have a problem with price as long as it worth it. So recommendations of which product is appreciated.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds fun to me. :)
But, I was born in Ontario and grew up in the Inland Northwest so I love winter.

Haven't been back to CAN since the 90s though..was in Vernon/Kelowna back then.
I was born in Ottawa and then all over, I was an army brat.Then lived mostly Red Deer and Calgary now here.Living in Kelowna that winter's were not that bad were they?

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We have always had a good amount of snow, "really cold weather but the pass few years it's really.. really slowed downed compared to blizzards we had when i was kid, "global warming I guess :) I can't deal with that wind chill...never get use to that...were going for 20's starting Tuesday so that's just great...here we go!

I went bluetooth, don't think I can go back, replacing because right side or left side going out on regular headphones was driving me nuts replacing. I just need something that sounds good, I am not obsessed with the most expensive, the one's I have now cost enough
:)

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GOT VOOP?
BAAktH6.jpg

I'm just nae certain how I feel about this........
I like it!o_O

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
O.k I feel really stupid asking this questions but you guys keep talking about computers so I am just going to ask. Why oh why is the time my pc always running 21 minutes fast ? It sounds funny but it driving me nuts. I will go in and change the time back to normal and by tomorrow it will be back to 20-21 minutes fast again. What in the world could be doing this?
The info that @CaFF is good, but I have a feeling that the most likely culprit is actually the time in you system BIOS.

If you don't know how to boot into your computer BIOS configuration tool, let us know what computer and operating system you are using and one of us will be able to tell you how to get into it.

Most likely you need to clicking function key F1 or F2 or F12 (if it is a laptop) or the Delete key immediately after turning the system on. Press it rapidly until the BIOS boot starts or your OS starts (failed to get into the BIOS) that works better than simply holding it down. If the computer starts to boot the operating system, then you'll have to shutdown and try again.

Make sure that you shutown the computer to power off though, do not do a restart because that does not shutdown the system BIOS.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was born in Ottawa and then all over, I was an army brat.Then lived mostly Red Deer and Calgary now here.Living in Kelowna that winter's were not that bad were they?

Yes and no...I was there in 1994/95 and we had a pretty bad winter..WC down to -50F and blowing snow. I about froze walking the couple miles into Vernon to play pool..lol
It's gonna be cold here too:

(temps are in F)
Snap121.png

That is from the Artic blast coming through ATM...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-42-states/37049255

This is gonna suck as I don't even see anyone for my winter energy assistance until the middle of December. Can't afford a $100 'leccy bill...

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I need a good set of headphones because when I am in my studio there is tons of noise going on. I have a huge industrial fan going plus 2 smaller, oxygen concentrator, silver polisher, tumblers etc so I need something to dull the noise. As well as I am always listening to music and want good quality sound. I don't have a problem with price as long as it worth it. So recommendations of which product is appreciated.
You definitely want a noise cancelling set then. When flying, regardless of the noise which included turbo-props and crying babies, they just faded and the music came through really clearly without having to crank up the volume.

One of the perks of being a frequent flyer is getting to know the crews and they tend to not bug you about your headphones being switched on during takeoff and landings... On one flight I actually took my headphones off after landing and the person beside started talking about how glad they were that the flight was over because there was a baby behind me that was crying the entire flight and I didn't even know it. :)

Plus BOSE has a really good satisfaction guarantee.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I kinda presumed it was more than just pool . Was pretty sure the beer was in the picture. You're too funny Caff.

So, you wouldn't have walked it? :p

I was staying with my aged and slightly insane birth parents in a hovel that barely had electricy...if I didn't get to go out and be around people and "normal" things, I'd have murdered 'em.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of which.. Have you guys seen these yet? Samsung Curved 4k tv.. I saw a 78" in Best Buy the other day and DAMN!

I could definitely see me playing some BF4 on it :)

Cost ya $8k though :eek:

600x600.jpg

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but that normally results in a time that is slow/behind not fast/ahead.

Could be just a software issue, maybe application causing issue, hard to say, or maybe it's missing time! Who knows....it is odd for sure

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just preordered this
cL3Fvp0.jpg

Fully mechanical, dual 18650, all copper contacts, aluminum chassis with Kamagong doors and Mulawin wood top plate.

Waaaaaa? Preordered from where, Knoll, Herman Miller? Seriously, that's got to be the best looking box mod I have ever seen. Could have been designed by Aalto Saarinen! :D More info please, @franciscan.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just preordered this
cL3Fvp0.jpg

Fully mechanical, dual 18650, all copper contacts, aluminum chassis with Kamagong doors and Mulawin wood top plate.

Where...
How much...
Simply amazing craftsmanship...

I'm in love!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Welcome to my world, add a few Ice storms a season for good measure, and you got it pegged
Morning Crew!!:)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my BOSE QuietComfort 2's. I've had them for over 8 years and the only issue I have had is the leather sort of flaking off the ear pads, but they sell replacements. Actually just got them a couple of weeks ago and now they are good as new again.

One of the best X-mas presents I ever got since I was traveling about 50 weeks a year and sometimes to multiple places each week..
I have those too, hardly used, I got them at a yard sale:)

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I'm not participating much around here. Just stuff going on, not feeling really forum-y. I won't go into details on all that, I'll just talk about vape stuff:

I'm still trying to figure out what the frig in vapes is causing my really bad acne breakouts, and it might not be PG after all, but *certain flavors*. So now I'm in this process of elimination thing and it really suuuuuuuuuucks. Only 3 "safe" flavors so far. And I really like changing shit up thruout the day much more than that. I said "fuggit" yesterday and vaped 3 not deemed safe yet, and BAM instant breakout. I dunno which of the 3 it was. So back to my clinical study. Meanwhile I have another trip I'm leaving for on Wed and hoping things will clear up again like they'd started to.

Also I celebrated my 4 month vaperversary last week and the last few days I've been craving a real cig like crazy. When is that shit gonna cease?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Sam:)

Morning M3, hey we all love ya and will be here if you need us, I am going through lowering my nic mg and it sucks but I find myself bitchy the last couple of days, so I hear ya, Keep being the strong gal you are and kick the shit to the ground and walk all over it:)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome back m3rma1d. Sorry you are dealing with other stuff and hope it gets sorted soon.

On a positive note... you know it is one of the 3 flavors causing the breakouts. Or at least one of them is. I'd add them in one at a time over a span of time to see which was the problem. Maybe it will turn out to be something you can put your finger on then. Good luck with that!

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning Sam:)

Morning M3, hey we all love ya and will be here if you need us, I am going through lowering my nic mg and it sucks but I find myself bitchy the last couple of days, so I hear ya,

morning Whiskey, et al,

when i lowered my nic, i kept one tobacco flavor, Yaeliq's Turfkish, in a tank and ready to hit at any time. ITC's Turkish is supposed to be similar. i found that i could get a "fix" anytime i needed one.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I have eleventy billion flavors to go thru to see if they're safe or not. So this is gonna be a loooooooooooong process..

VU Sponsors