glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so you DO understand it then lol

That's it??? I must be genius level then. :p We left early since the winner was a given at some point, and I was burnt to a crisp. It was like I'd pissed on the Pope at mass. Looks of Death. Those people take that shit seriously.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched Justified with Nicholas Cage last night and they were at this sort of derby (Bigfoot) in a stadium. The stadium was sooo big! We have towns that are smaller.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's it??? I must be genius level then. :p We left early since the winner was a given at some point, and I was burnt to a crisp. It was like I'd pissed on the Pope at mass. Looks of Death. Those people take that shit seriously.

i sure don't get it, but they sure do. it is boring with a capital B to me.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Justified with Nicholas Cage last night and they were at this sort of derby (Bigfoot) in a stadium. The stadium was sooo big! We have towns that are smaller.

again with nicholas cage. you really have a "thing" for him, don't ya? 58417df439a1b8d2b5188cce05d2b1.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dem are some freaky deaky people. Used to live a block behind the headquarters in hollywood. 7am on saturdays sounded like marine boot camp. All those clones...I mean bright young converts looked soooo happy.

they believe some weird ass shit. of course, all religion is weird ass shit to me. but theirs is REALLY weird ass shit.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still a tad nervous about that gunshot, but it seems the cops ain't, they left.
Not liking the weekend so much...there is always a retaliation. Lots of people been coming in and out of the area in the last hour, stop 'n goes.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got me some chilli cheese bacon dawgs too....lots of stuff in there...Denison's chunky chilli, habs, olives, onions, lots of chile powders, etc.

View attachment 5142

Oh gawd CaFF, saw that and I'm hungry again. I had my homemade turkey pot pie a few hours ago for dinner and thought I was done for the night. Maybe I'll just have another small bowl
JC_gimmefive.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wrong, cops putting up cones blocking the intersection, so something went on...hmm

yay, my block is a crime scene....

you must live in the hood. i lived in a neighborhood like that before. gunshots thruout the night. good times.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone help me!! I use protanks and minis. I make my own coils. I keep a bunch of them so I can swap out on the fly. I've always used 32g kanthal, 4 wraps for roughly 2.2 +/- ohms. I just made one, came out at 2.3 ohms. I make another, it comes out at 5.something. What? I tested on an ohm reader and an MVP. Scrapped it. Made another and another. Same thing! What the hell is going on? This is 32g from Temco. No issues before, so why all of a sudden? >bam!< Jacked up ohms. ???

It's not the wire. You've got a bad connection somewhere. It's also not a short, or the resistance would be less, not more.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh gawd CaFF, saw that and I'm hungry again. I had my homemade turkey pot pie a few hours ago for dinner and thought I was done for the night. Maybe I'll just have another small bowl
JC_gimmefive.gif

YW sir!

BTW, those ain't hotdog buns, they are deli hoagie buns. ;-)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yup, you should.
I'd be happy to feed ya, but i don't think it would fair well in teh mail. ;)

thanks, i can probably find something to graze on. i live on air, basically.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dunno why i go to mod envy.....i have never won as much as a drip tip. and i usually don't know what they are talking about. cause i'm vapid.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dunno why i go to mod envy.....i have never won as much as a drip tip. and i usually don't know what they are talking about. cause i'm vapid.
can't hurt eh?

I won a h-atty on my one of my first vape show attendances, so it could happen. ;)

plus, they gonna talk about the ECC clone shit too..should be funny.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i dunno why i go to mod envy.....i have never won as much as a drip tip.

I never win things either, but a few decades ago when I stared flying model airplanes I went to local weekend events and they typically had draws for small items. Well, one year I won a $60 book, a $20 gallon of fuel, a couple of tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leafs play in Toronto and a couple of tools.

The relatively small number of people buying tickets was of course part of it, but I still won way more than my share by the odds. Sometimes luck just changes.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never win things either, but a few decades ago when I stared flying model airplanes I went to local weekend events and they typically had draws for small items. Well, one year I won a $60 book, a $20 gallon of fuel, a couple of tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leafs play in Toronto and a couple of tools.

The relatively small number of people buying tickets was of course part of it, but I still won way more than my share by the odds. Sometimes luck just changes.

sometimes hell freezes over too. :p

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Huckleberried .. Did you get your coil figured out? I have had that happen too.
With it on the ohm reader, move the coil up or down just a bit and see what the reader does.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I hear ya. That brought to mind this nerdy little story that I read quite a while back about;
The Situation in Hell.

I always get a chuckle out of it, but Mrs Ryedan never does. Keeps saying not so nice things about nerds ...
I like hot nerds...since before "nerdy" became a fashion statement.

sorry I keep posting personal stuff

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I resemble your remark...sorta. lol.....

I'm about your age, and had to learn PASCAL in 1984.
I am pretty olde skool geek. Nerds don't get any. ;-)

Last edited:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL, don't stop Carla. For me though, 'hot' doesn't apply, so I'm stuck with the 'nerd' thingy. Well, one out of two isn't all bad ;)

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, don't stop Carla. For me though, 'hot' doesn't apply, so I'm stuck with the 'nerd' thingy. Well, one out of two isn't all bad ;)
you're a man. you don't need looks!

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nerdy, outsider peeps were always cool - they knew how to blow shit up and stuff

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I resemble your remark...sorta. lol.....

I'm about your age, and had to learn PASCAL in 1984.
I am pretty olde skool geek. Nerds don't get any. ;-)

I'm surprised and disappointed in you CaFF ... I mean, the "I resemble your remark" remark and all that ... shame on you ... In the end I gave up on it all and;

122yavc.jpg

Not to mention, Pascal is so 1985, LOL.

Edited to add: Re-read this post and wanted to say I am just kidding :). I do have a warped sense of humor!

Last edited:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you're a man. you don't need looks!

Oh, I don't know about that Carla. If I were heading into a new relationship I would want to feel attractive. Men and women are pretty equal in this I think. Perceptions may be different, but that depends on the people involved.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried .. Did you get your coil figured out? I have had that happen too.
With it on the ohm reader, move the coil up or down just a bit and see what the reader does.
Finally, yes! Thanks. 3 in a row over 5 ohms. The following 2 were right where I wanted them. I still have no idea what happened. All good now, though. Was frustrating!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally, yes! Thanks. 3 in a row over 5 ohms. The following 2 were right where I wanted them. I still have no idea what happened. All good now, though. Was frustrating!

glad you got it fixed hon. but don't ya just hate it when ya don't know how or why?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good stuff on HBO tonight: season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" and season finale of "The Leftovers"

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
comcast is doing their free hbo preview until sep 9
been watching final season of true blood
(again)

VU Sponsors