Alternate Universe

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is crazy, It has to go through first??? Normally they freeze everything don't they?

Dafuk sort of bank is that...I hope you talked to a manager in person.
Support staff on the phones are useless usually.

It's frozen now, but yeah. From what she said it has to go through first. I'm leaving this bank. It's a Southern one and they evidently have shit for security. It's convenient since it's right down the street but this is just reedonkulous.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what in the fuck
their fraud detection sucks ass!

the good thing about being broke is if someone tried a $599 transaction it wouldn't go through because I don't have that much in there lol
another reason why I prefer to use paypal

That's the odd thing. Both of these were stated as 'Paypal' transactions. I know they weren't though, I checked. Well, as far as I could check online. I'll talk to someone in the morning. This POS good for nothing bank would have tried to charge me overdraft fees too, if there wasn't enough.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what in the fuck
their fraud detection sucks ass!

the good thing about being broke is if someone tried a $599 transaction it wouldn't go through because I don't have that much in there lol

yeah me neither. we be poor lasses. :p

when my card was compromised the culprit ordered slim fast. the woman at the bank asked me if i was sure i didn't order it and just forgot. i told her i am 5 feet tall and weigh 102 lb, i doubt it. she then asked if someone in my family could have used it. told her i am single with no family. it was almost like she was trying to pin it on me so they didn't have to mess with it. grrrrrr.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5' 102. You are a little thing aren't you? Dont think ive been under a hundred since I was 9 or so. Hell havent been under 200 since freshman yearo_O

when my card was compromised the culprit ordered slim fast. the woman at the bank asked me if i was sure i didn't order it and just forgot. i told her i am 5 feet tall and weigh 102 lb, i doubt it. she then asked if someone in my family could have used it. told her i am single with no family. it was almost like she was trying to pin it on me so they didn't have to mess with it. grrrrrr.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Slimfast??? That's so weird. I think they try and pin it on you or other people you know so they can justify how wonderful their security is.

Since I'm changing banks anyway, does anyone have a good recommendation? My choices are kind of limited here.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Slimfast??? That's so weird. I think they try and pin it on you or other people you know so they can justify how wonderful their security is.

Since I'm changing banks anyway, does anyone have a good recommendation? My choices are kind of limited here.

i hate all banks. IMO, they are all predatory. i would recommend a credit union instead.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been a Wells Fargo customer since 2000 and haven't looked back

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hate all banks. IMO, they are all predatory. i would recommend a credit union instead.
+1 on Credit Unions.

GG, if you're still living in SC you can check to see if you're eligible for either SAFE Credit Union or SC State Credit Union.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never thought about a Credit Union, thanks! @moecat, me too. I actually like Wells Fargo and have an account with them but I won't put all my eggs in one basket.
I guess the main problem is- it isn't the number of choices I have, it's their locations. Traffic is terrible here in season. A 15 minute trip to the bank sometimes takes an hour. #firstworldproblems

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never thought about a Credit Union, thanks! @moecat, me too. I actually like Wells Fargo and have an account with them but I won't put all my eggs in one basket.
I guess the main problem is- it isn't the number of choices I have, it's their locations. Traffic is terrible here in season. A 15 minute trip to the bank sometimes takes an hour. #firstworldproblems

i only have one egg. well, maybe half an egg. so no need for multiple baskets :p

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a bunch of eggs. lol I just do it because shit like this happens and I was caught before. Sucked. Eggs. :p

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No matter what someone can find a way to screw you over. All you can hope for is good damage control.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Borrowed this quote from @BigNasy just because it made me laugh. The context doesn't matter so im not going to link, its just Internet drama.

"Little child with a slapped and hurt epeepee.

FUCK YOU I did not label you but will now..

Keyboard commando assclown douche knuckle. "

E pee pee. Oh thats good lol

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey I was holding back..
The sheer awesome verbal tirade I could go on makes me even blush..
Creative insulting and cursing is an art form that does not translate well in text.

thanks for holding back. and i'm sure creative insulting and cursing looks good on a resume'. :p

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Four Words is an interesting excercise for me.
I can't say 'Hello' in less than four words...

Reactions: Ace

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Between here and 4 words and a couple other threads, we have put together a very strange collection of people but fun to 'hang out' with.
What a great bunch of freaks!
Did somebody say strange freaks???? Where????

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am so fucking pissed right now. My bank card got compromised AGAIN. They declined 10 internet transactions for amounts ranging from 99 cents to $5.98 but they approved TWO high$$$ ones. One for $599.00 and one for $189.00. WTF you stupid fucking idiot bank asshats. They're Pending right now and they say they can't do anything until they go through. Then I have to call the Fraud Department. I have bills to pay. Son of a bitch.

I had this happen not too long ago but I have to say my bank handled it well. I got an alert my card was suspended due to unusual activity. I checked my account and sure enough there was a $49.95 charge on there I didn't do. It was also pending and I had to wait for it to go through. I went to the bank instead of calling and the person I dealt with was super. The next day it was credited to my account. I think they knew by looking at me I didn't order any diet stuff. I hate thieves!

Good luck GG, I hope they get this cleared up for you soon. This is becoming fairly common these days and they should be able to deal with it pretty quickly.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did somebody say strange freaks???? Where????

tumblr_megt2lA4Ht1qjgykvo1_500_zps9f691785.gif

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice haul!

Been curious about FSV's tobacco juice for a while ... need to give those a try sometime in the future.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New juice day!
Vapor Chef- Butter Beer, Fluffy Cake and Unicorn Poop

Free State Vapor- Organic Imperial Tea

And I have another mini protank 2 arriving a well
Looks like you have a huge vapin budget:D

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Officially burned out. I need a vacation. Last time I put in for 1 it was declined. This time I need to make sure it happens. I hear vegas calling.
WTF?! Any chance you can look for a different job in the meantime? Hate having vacation days getting fucked with.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Naw. I actually really like my job. Just haven't had a break in a long time. Good bennies too. the decline was stupid corporate policy thing,they set ddistrict goals of x $s. If more than so many days of vacation are used in a month then they dont make goal. Gets a little old that they always try to count their money ahead of time.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors