Alternate Universe

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Made a burger for Monday Night Football. :)

I'd marinated a 1/3lb patty in BBQ sauce, garlic pepper and Chipotle Adobo overnight, now I fried 'er up with sweet onion, ripe red Serrano chile and a few slices of Genona salami. Frying the salami for a few seconds melts out the fat and makes it more pliable for my crappy teeth...adds a nice flavor for the rest of the things too.

The patties are neat in that they are Beef and Beef Heart mixed, making them very lean and better for ya.

Added cheese and served up on heated buns with bacon ranch and a smidgen of sweet relish.

I need bigger buns. The Mexican store only had these small Ballpark buns...but they'll do. ;)
That looks awesome!

Man, you would kick some serious ass running a food truck...especially parked in front my office building every day for breakfast and lunch.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Made a burger for Monday Night Football. :)

I'd marinated a 1/3lb patty in BBQ sauce, garlic pepper and Chipotle Adobo overnight, now I fried 'er up with sweet onion, ripe red Serrano chile and a few slices of Genona salami. Frying the salami for a few seconds melts out the fat and makes it more pliable for my crappy teeth...adds a nice flavor for the rest of the things too.

The patties are neat in that they are Beef and Beef Heart mixed, making them very lean and better for ya.

Added cheese and served up on heated buns with bacon ranch and a smidgen of sweet relish.

I need bigger buns. The Mexican store only had these small Ballpark buns...but they'll do. ;)
I hear ya man. I was born with no erse as well!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks awesome!

Man, you would kick some serious ass running a food truck...especially parked in front my office building every day for breakfast and lunch.

Nice...thanks! :D

That is actually a good idea, except the licenses, finding a safe location and initial investment would be prohibitive.
Coffee stands and such get robbed all the time here..I don't even know if food trucks exist except for catering types.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
JuZlg9w.png

Cracking sandwich this! Best gyros in St Louis!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In proper football.....
We actually DO use feet.
We don’t stop play every six seconds for a break
We are not covered head to toe in padding
We don’t require oxygen to recover
We play more than one game a week
In our World Championships....the world actually plays.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In proper football.....
We actually DO use feet.
We don’t stop play every six seconds for a break
We are not covered head to toe in padding
We don’t require oxygen to recover
We play more than one game a week
In our World Championships....the world actually plays.

We get it, your not from the USA. But, after 15 years here, you could try to fit in?
I'm not an American, but I don't pretend I don't live here either. ;)

If American football players played actual rugby, there be a gruesome injury or death every game...these are 200+ lbs musclebound doods

We use rugby/soccer players as our kickers...not allowed to hit them as they'd be crushed like a bug.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who needs expensive kitty treats?

I took about a Tbls. of her Natural Balance Ultra wet food, added a 1/2 Tsp. of drained and rinsed tunafish and mixed it together.
Served up on a saucer, to her on her dresser perch - she thinks it's the best treat ever. :D

P1020920.JPG

Treat was inhaled....it's like sneaking veggies to kids..hehehe.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The official called it a scrum and restarted the game....this allowed the fan to get snacks and be ready. Lets go with that...American football must drive you crazy lol

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who needs expensive kitty treats?

I took about a Tbls. of her Natural Balance Ultra wet food, added a 1/2 Tsp. of drained and rinsed tunafish and mixed it together.
Served up on a saucer, to her on her dresser perch - she thinks it's the best treat ever. :D

View attachment 8657

Treat was inhaled....it's like sneaking veggies to kids..hehehe.

That is funny...they are like kids

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were so isolated from the rest of the world lol I do like the Olympics...I don't like soccer. I am to American I suppose

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Super-Irony: My three besties online for the last decade or so are Welsh/Aussie, Canadian and Mexican....Aieee!

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as you don't fanny about with x-org.conf there is not much you can do to bugger Linux installs. Ok, and comment out the wrong things in initramfs.

I had one monitor that made me a CHAMP at editing xorg.conf...

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or, when my Dad buys a all-in-one Windows printer just randomly and expects it to work...CUPS sort of worked, but then my brother tried using the scanner and broke it.
Used these:

The PPA depos are b0rked...
http://ajiteshmadai.wordpress.com/2...t-printer-drivers-in-ubuntulinuxmint-via-ppa/

This worked, but not well
http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-printer-driver-canon-pixma-ip-series-on-ubuntu/

I love Canon cameras, hate their printers. Mom wants an appliance type deal when it comes to tech...no thinking required, just works. SMH..

Me, I have a HP Laserjet 2200dtn. It'll work on any OS there is. ;-)

I'm the opposite...lover Canon printers (while they work) and have Nikon cameras.

BUT Canon ended Linux support at 32 bits. You can get a German made printer driver for just about any printer out there, for $39. I did it to get my $29 Canon Pixma 1800 working :mad: But it also carries my Pro-100 as well. The 6700D had a driver in Gutenprint.

Then I got an HP for work but loading paper (40 sheets max) was a pain because of where I have it, and scanning was almost as much of a pain, so I got a Brother. Yeah, it prints, but I forgot about SANE for scanning. I have a PILE of scanners that don't work with SANE.

The HP has HPLIP you can load through most distributions and they just work. So, I went to Brother's website..."Linux Install". Download it, CHMOD it so maybe root can use it, ./command, it says, "What model do you have?" and then just installs. And the SANE driver as well.

Good work Brother. It's not a real photo printer, but it installed slicker than you know what and works!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The pipes were used primarily to keep the English army awake all night. The Scots basically invented guerilla warfare and used both night and the countryside to mount surprise ambush attacks. At this point, the English still exercised regimental formations and felt that warfare was best left to the daytime. Not to mention that the army had to march for days on end to wage battle against the Scots and were pure knackered upon arrival...the Scots took full advantage of that. One of the decisive factors in the Scots win at Bannockburn ( Properly, The Bannock Burn) was that Edward's army was too tired and demoralised to fight.

Lamont Cranston

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Beats are just junk tuned for rap music..poorly, and the Bose while nice are overpriced IMO.

The Sennheiser headphones are a superb line, but there are other options too. A lot depends on your budget and what you listen to and listen with.

Here's a bit of a guide: http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-studio-headphones

Nice stuff under $100: http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-audio-technica-headphones-for-under-100

If all you use are low-quality MP3's (under 320Kbps) on your smart phone, then I guess it isn't a biggie, but quality sound is important if ya ask me. :)

Yeah, Audio Technica is good stuff. All the other stuff mentioned is WAY overpriced! I had a set of Sennheisers I paid $49 for (uh...35 years ago) and they were affordable AND great, and I had a set of A-Ts I paid $39 and they were just as good.

Beats are just too much to make Dr Dre more money, Bose are nice but also overpriced, and I can't believe the prices on the Sennheisers now.

Funny, one of the things I did NOT get back from the divore was the set of Sennheisers a cousin gave me...:mad:

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, Audio Technica is good stuff. All the other stuff mentioned is WAY overpriced! I had a set of Sennheisers I paid $49 for (uh...35 years ago) and they were affordable AND great, and I had a set of A-Ts I paid $39 and they were just as good.

Beats are just too much to make Dr Dre more money, Bose are nice but also overpriced, and I can't believe the prices on the Sennheisers now.

Funny, one of the things I did NOT get back from the divore was the set of Sennheisers a cousin gave me...:mad:
I had no complaints with the Dr.Dre until they died. Great sound, comfortable, reduced outside noise. However I am glad I asked the others here what they thought.

I ended up buying these
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Headphones
because they were rated so highly and no matter where I looked you could not find a bad review of them. Should arrive here in a week .

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When the icecaps melt...I shall be seated on the summit of Ben Nevis....drinking a drammie of 24yr Old Pultney whilst watching the English drown.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heh, gaming..this is the game I've played since 1996...

tet_wild_action.png

Think "Tanks" in space with destructible planets, gravity, physics designed by a NASA dude and 75 weapons you make yourself...alas, it's a dead game nowadays... :(

VU Sponsors