Alternate Universe

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably because there have been some recent examples of makers of exotic mods failing to deliver pre-order mods in a timely fashion if at all...
I always make a point to contact the vendor who sells a maker's product. I ask them if they have done business with the maker in the past, and if so, if the shipping promises have been kept within reasonable pluses and minuses. I often get the response "never had a no-show, but sometimes things happen in manufacturing that can delay shipments"...which is true and reasonable. I think the bottom line with pre-orders is simple...if you have the patience of a two year old....then don’t muck about with them.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is actually kinda rewarding when a cutomer tells you that you made his day and he loves you, not in a creepy way. Just went above and beyond to get his job done quickly!! He called my boss and told him to give me a raise or he is going to steal me away!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time to go, have a good night!!

tumblr_nah50lvXCv1qjqyo8o1_500_zps93b6192c.jpg

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doctors........:mad:
Most doctors act like they are God. They think they know your body better than you do.
We pay them for a service we rarely get. I detest most doctors.

@cherrycakes I went through some of what you are dealing with. After the 3rd time of "let's try this" which was very costly to me each of these times, he wanted to try the forth. He made the mistake of asking me what I thought about trying "this". I looked him dead in the eyes and said "What difference does it make what I think? You are going to do what you want anyway no matter what I think." He was shocked and asked what I wanted him to do. That is when he finally agreed to do a hysterectomy for me. Each of his "let's try this" cost me time off work, wages lost AND many bills to pay. It only worked long enough to get the bills paid before he had to do something else. Doctors really infuriate me.

You have to stand up for yourself and put them in their place. They may have spent the time to go to medical school but that does not mean they know it all. Most people do whatever a doctor says and believes everything they say. I question everything and more times than not, I throw away the crap they give me because I refuse to put a lot of that stuff in my body. You have to find a doctor that will LISTEN to you. Easier said than done I know.

I have told more than one doctor "you are a fucking idiot". The look on their face is priceless.
I'd be willing to bet they had never heard that from a patient before. :p
We pay them so they need to do what we are paying for.
If not don't pay, walk out and find someone that will earn your money.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doctors........:mad:
Most doctors act like they are God. They think they know your body better than you do.
We pay them for a service we rarely get. I detest most doctors.

@cherrycakes I went through some of what you are dealing with. After the 3rd time of "let's try this" which was very costly to me each of these times, he wanted to try the forth. He made the mistake of asking me what I thought about trying "this". I looked him dead in the eyes and said "What difference does it make what I think? You are going to do what you want anyway no matter what I think." He was shocked and asked what I wanted him to do. That is when he finally agreed to do a hysterectomy for me. Each of his "let's try this" cost me time off work, wages lost AND many bills to pay. It only worked long enough to get the bills paid before he had to do something else. Doctors really infuriate me.

You have to stand up for yourself and put them in their place. They may have spent the time to go to medical school but that does not mean they know it all. Most people do whatever a doctor says and believes everything they say. I question everything and more times than not, I throw away the crap they give me because I refuse to put a lot of that stuff in my body. You have to find a doctor that will LISTEN to you. Easier said than done I know.

I have told more than one doctor "you are a fucking idiot". The look on their face is priceless.
I'd be willing to bet they had never heard that from a patient before. :p
We pay them so they need to do what we are paying for.
If not don't pay, walk out and find someone that will earn your money.
A lot of docs need to frame this instead of their precious diplomas in their offices. This along with the Hippocratic oath.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Apparently the pain clinic doc told the obgyn what he was going to do before he told me. Guess my opinion is irrelevant

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
They're going to try nerve blocks next.

What kind of nerve blocks?

Different wording from my doc but if you can explain in some kind of detail, I may be able to shed some light on it.

OK if you PM me!

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What kind of nerve blocks?

Different wording from my doc but if you can explain in some kind of detail, I may be able to shed some light on it.

OK if you PM me!
I have no idea like I said they told my obgyn but not me. Some injections

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is the nerve they'll be blocking.
I guess if they fuck up I'll shit myself and lose all feeling in my clitoris. Awesome!

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have no idea like I said they told my obgyn but not me. Some injections

I kinda did something like that as a last resort for back pain and some other freaky stuff.

For me, it worked and worked well.

But I wouldn't wish the procedure on the proverbial "Broke Dick Dog".

Very long story cut very short.

I needed stuff done to kill the pain in my lower back and left leg.

Left side first (back and leg problem)

Under an active X Ray machine so they could watch while they did the dirty deed they took a needle and injected Lidocaine into my spine to see if they had the right area as indicated on my MRI.

They did this three freaking times in one hour

Pain went ByBy for about a day.

Two weeks later they did the same.

Same result.

This was to prove to the freaking insurance company that the procedure could work so they would pay for the third procedure.

Which was pretty much the same thing except with a horse needle with electrodes that would fry the nerve endings!

It did work and it did help.

Then a month later, they repeated the whole thing on my right side.

And it helped.

And then they told me that the nerve endings could sometimes grow back!

Asshats!

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How can anyone in Chicago tell anyone's attitude - what with spending your day trying to avoid getting shot and all...hehehe
Not that bad in Chicago... Now Gary Indiana is a different story

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Och, nothing more nerve wracking than meeting a pretty lass at a coffee house...realising that she fancies you....and making yourself let her walk into the night.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reminds me of the ProComp TSL....sorta.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OH MY GAWD well walk after her and tell her sorry you are an idiot and you are not sure what came over you.
Lol...nahh. It only makes sense to me. All good!

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright Franci but you realize by letting her go it will rent more space in your head then just getting to know and spending some time with her.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OH MY GAWD well walk after her and tell her sorry you are an idiot and you are not sure what came over you.
Oh aye, this happened about two hours ago btw.....no numbers exchanged. I refuse to give a lass my number....they never call anyway. She was quite fetching tho.

VU Sponsors