Alternate Universe

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's good but I hope they don't turn them off or erase them like they do sometimes on dash cams
Ya.. I think the rules coming out will be that they can get fired for turning them off (Like a recent cop in the news :rolleyes:), or, make them on all the time. The batt life and capacity are there to just leave them on, so its a no-brainer.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
tumblr_m8fui2DNfl1rxqd36o1_500.jpg

That really does suck:(
I'm sorry to hear that.
It scares me I don't want to be disabled or in a fucking wheelchair and I honestly don't know what's causing it

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally getting to go back to sweet home Chicago today after a week in the country babysitting some dogs and horses. Thanks VU for giving me something to do out here in bumfuck nowhere.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally getting to go back to sweet home Chicago today after a week in the country babysitting some dogs and horses. Thanks VU for giving me something to do out here in bumfuck nowhere.
sounds like a decent relaxing time

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It scares me I don't want to be disabled or in a fucking wheelchair and I honestly don't know what's causing it
Hopefully just temporary, like maybe you slept in an awkward position (?)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that because I know that many mouth breathers actually seem to have no choice but to be mouth breathers is why I almost feel bad or question myself when it comes to poking fun at it.

But the ones who are physically and mentally capable of actually not being a mouth breather and continue to be mouth breathers are the ones that (I'm sorry just being honest) really get under my skin and make me want to get as far away from them as possible because my skin is crawling off my bones because your mouth breathing the same general air that I'm breathing and I'm going to lose my mind if you don't shut that fucking fly trap of yours.

yeah, I'm probably a dick.
Great! Now I feel like a useless scumbag AND I'm gonna die.... Good thing I'm cleaning my guns right now.. Saves me the trip.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The whoe leg? Back of the legs? Down the outside of the thigh then back of calf? Where is the pain?

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya.. I think the rules coming out will be that they can get fired for turning them off (Like a recent cop in the news :rolleyes:), or, make them on all the time. The batt life and capacity are there to just leave them on, so its a no-brainer.
It's about time...Things will be in check somewhat then

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great! Now I feel like a useless scumbag AND I'm gonna die.... Good thing I'm cleaning my guns right now.. Saves me the trip.
My husband is a mouth breather but you can only tell when he's eating or sleeping and it's really annoying

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It really is. I love taking care of the horses. It's a lot of work but they are very tame and easy to manage and inspire peace. But I like the city too. I like not having to walk two miles to closest seven-eleven.
If you have a 7/11 anywhere, you are NOT in the country ;)

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All the way down from my back to the back of my thighs to back of my calves to my heels it kind of feels like leg cramping

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you have a 7/11 anywhere, you are NOT in the country ;)
LOL, well, that may be true, but when you're on this farm you wouldn't know the difference. It's seven miles to the WalMart, two miles to the seven-eleven and about three miles to the nearest little Mexican grocery store. I don't own a car anymore, it's just too much of a hassle in the city, so when I house sit out here I have to hoof it anywhere I go. At least there is a pretty fine liquor store next to that seven-eleven and that, my friend, is my saving grace.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, well, that may be true, but when you're on this farm you wouldn't know the difference. It's seven miles to the WalMart, two miles to the seven-eleven and about three miles to the nearest little Mexican grocery store. I don't own a car anymore, it's just too much of a hassle in the city, so when I house sit out here I have to hoof it anywhere I go. At least there is a pretty fine liquor store next to that seven-eleven and that, my friend, is my saving grace.
Its 35 miles to the Walmart here... And no Mexican grocery

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In other news...

Having a frustrating day. My POS HP Pavillion laptop is being a 'lil bitch and won't boot now...I reckon the HDD is finally going bye-bye.
Mint 17 booted on USB works, but the damn Broadcom 1433 chip isn't being recognized and I can't remember which driver package it uses OTTOMH. I know you have to disable the default then install the RIGHT one though...Bah.

So, I made a large Pile 'o Breakfast today....

Stuff:
Diced potato, some onion and chile peppers, couple of diced (tiny) brekky sausage patties, three smallish eggs, cheese, seasonings and some broken-up biscuits.

No, I'm not eating even a 1/4 of it today.
I prefer making a bunch and having leftovers for an EZ breakfast later on. It keeps in the fridge pretty well for a couple days.

On the good side:

Snap132.png

My FT order is heading out of China shortly....I got one of the last Erls before they took them down cuz of S&D orders. Whew...

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In other news...

Having a frustrating day. My POS HP Pavillion laptop is being a 'lil bitch and won't boot now...I reckon the HDD is finally going bye-bye.
Mint 17 booted on USB works, but the damn Broadcom 1433 chip isn't being recognized and I can't remember which one it uses OTTOMH. Bah.

So, I made a large Pile 'o Breakfast today....

Stuff:
Diced potato, some onion and chile peppers, couple of diced (tiny) brekky sausage patties, three smallish eggs, cheese, seasonings and some broken-up biscuits.

No, I'm not eating even a 1/4 of it today.
I prefer making a bunch and having leftovers for an EZ breakfast later on. It keeps in the fridge pretty well for a couple days.

On the good side:

View attachment 9754

My FT order is heading out of China shortly....I got one of the last Erls before they took them down cuz of S&D orders. Whew...
I would have that gone in about 15 mins.. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and I got Neat Things from the Mex store:

• A delicious WA state Habanero Hard Cider...all organic.
  • Some new chips that are excellent. Almost like kettle chips, but not as hard and more light and crispy. Yummy.
  • They stock Chipotle Beef Sticks. Only 99 cents each and not the kind you can squeeze fat out of..it's meat. ;-)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its 35 miles to the Walmart here... And no Mexican grocery
Yeah but back in the city the distance to everything is measured in feet, so it's all relative. I literally have two different liquor stores about a hundred and fifty feet away from my house in different directions and a CVS about an eighth of a mile away, with an entire boulevard of businesses less than a half mile away. So you can see from my perspective, I'm deep in the boonies right now.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I was supposed to go with Uncle to JCP to check out the big sale they are having.
25-40% off plus we get another 25% off for my gramma's retired employee discount...fun!

Alas, I woke up to it having snowed, then sleeted than repeated a few times. It's literally a skating rink out there right now. We have a freezing rain advisory too.

He ain't gonna be driving anywhere and I don't blame him.

bear_on_ice.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, you must be a big guy. I barely made a dent in it..LOL!
Not really.. No bigger than you, prolly.. I just REALLY like my brekkie potatoes :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but back in the city the distance to everything is measured in feet, so it's all relative. I literally have two different liquor stores about a hundred and fifty feet away from my house in different directions and a CVS about an eighth of a mile away, with an entire boulevard of businesses less than a half mile away. So you can see from my perspective, I'm deep in the boonies right now.
LOL... I couldnt live in the city.. Chicago (proper) I dont even go into :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really.. No bigger than you, prolly.. I just REALLY like my brekkie potatoes :)

I hear ya..me too. Making 'em from scratch just seems ot taste better as well. :D

I'd wager you are larger though. I'm only 5' 3-4" and about 150-ish depending what day it is. ;-)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heh, I remember that photo. I'd guess I'm closer to her size than I am to yours. :p
Hah.. :)

She's much thinner now.. That was her 'awkward' phase

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya..me too. Making 'em from scratch just seems ot taste better as well. :D

I'd wager you are larger though. I'm only 5' 3-4" and about 150-ish depending what day it is. ;-)
Well.. 6' and 230 now.. Was prolly 220 in that photo.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hah.. :)

She's much thinner now.. That was her 'awkward' phase

Ah, I only meant the height. :)

And, just to show we are now even more alike... Hair and beard.. Ya, I've been lazy this year ;)

iatHxbA.jpg

Such a dapper rougue. I feel scruffy now...well, I am kinda .lol

I know, I'll blame Linux...it obviously causes it. ;-)

linux-beards-100520051-orig.jpg

Accurate..I'm using Mint and do fit between 'Buntu and Deb.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well its starting to look like it may be a staph infection they did an ultrasound to check for Endocarditis and a broncoscopy. May have been caused by the tubes they put in about a year ago for the plasmapheresis. Those are now coming out. I really hate the waiting game but atleast they are working quickly to figure it all out.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well its starting to look like it may be a staph infection they did an ultrasound to check for Endocarditis and a broncoscopy. May have been caused by the tubes they put in about a year ago for the plasmapheresis. Those are now coming out. I really hate the waiting game but atleast they are working quickly to figure it all out.

Best wishes for ya. It isn't fun being sick, especially in wintertime. :(

VU Sponsors