Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got this today
314144_130463277134514572.jpg

Not because it's a good mod but because I'm kinda sentimental.
This was the first type of mech I ever seen in real life.
Guy came into my work last year and let me put my topper on it and take it for a spin.
It was my first time seeing and using a mech.

Now that I own one of my own....I'm not very fucking impressed LMAO!;)

This thing is so uncomfortable!
And the edges on the crown looking pieces are sharp as hell:mad:

LOL but I think it's pretty:oops:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got this today

Guy came into my work last year and let me put my topper on it and take it for a spin.

Do a full continuity check on this....and make sure everything is TIGHT before you use it. I have seen three of these vent batteries.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The housing of the mod is the negative part of the circuit. So the negative lead on a multimetre set to measure resistance would go pretty much anywhere....the positive would be on the centre pin of the 510 connector. With a battery installed, it should read as "open". When you push the bottom button, it should read as a dead short. Then switch it to voltage, and with the button pushed, it should read approximately 4.2v +- given the voltage drop.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How would I do that type of check?
I'm vaping my Orchid on it now:eek:
It is fine then.....just make sure everything is tight and clean. I do know that one git was running ICR batteries in his. The other's may have had shorted builds on their atomisers.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The housing of the mod is the negative part of the circuit. So the negative lead on a multimetre set to measure resistance would go pretty much anywhere....the positive would be on the centre pin of the 510 connector. With a battery installed, it should read as "open". When you push the bottom button, it should read as a dead short. Then switch it to voltage, and with the button pushed, it should read approximately 4.2v +- given the voltage drop.
Okay thanks, gonna do that right now.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Open btw would be 0. Short would read 999 plus an alarm beep

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Open btw would be 0. Short would read 999 plus an alarm beep
Okay cool, I've never used my multimeter for doing a test on a mod before.
I only got it so I could check my battery voltage for when I first started using mechs.
Now that I'm used to how a battery feels I haven't used my meter.
This test would be a good exercise for me to do though

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just checked one of my box mods....with batteries removed and the button not pushed...it reads open or "O.L" (open). Button pushed it reads 15ohms

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got this today

It's as though your mod is smiling at me. :eek:

latest (1).jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My Christmas every year consists of Posada, three Masses, Adoration, Confession...and that's it until the 4th of January...then it is caroling and Holy Hour with the Poor Clare nuns at the Monastery.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Christmas every year consists of Posada, three Masses, Adoration, Confession...and that's it until the 4th of January...then it is caroling and Holy Hour with the Poor Clare nuns at the Monastery.
That actually sounds like fun

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is....in my dinky wee church
sG3VbNa.jpg
It's beautiful!

I wish I could find a church to go to.
None seem to work out for me though.
Too much studying all the different systematic theologies and church history and apostolic fathers has made me a bit of a conflict with the Protestants. And my Protestant type of thinking has made me a bit of a conflict with Catholicism :(
And I'm picky as fuck too. prolly because I've been truly set free:D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's beautiful!

Too much studying all the different systematic theologies and church history and apostolic fathers has made me a bit of a conflict with the Protestants. And my Protestant type of thinking has made me a bit of a conflict with Catholicism :(
That is the beauty of the RCIA process when becoming a Catholic. You get things explained to you unlike the "point and shoot" way of just showing up in the Protestant denominations. Unlike what most think....you can question the Catholic faith....ask any Franciscan! The only "standards" we have are outlined in the Catechism...but even I dispute some of those. If interested, we can discuss in PM sometime. As a side note...I am a catechist...meaning I teach RCIA.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's beautiful!

You sound like me....I am a Charismatic...there is a growing number of us in the RCC. I am proud to say that His Holiness Pope Francis is one!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is the aim of the Charismatics, to slowly break down and remove the old "stick up the arse inflexible archaic attitudes" in the Church and the Holy See. It is those old musty tenets that drove so many away.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You sound like me....I am a Charismatic...there is a growing number of us in the RCC. I am proud to say that His Holiness Pope Francis is one!

You seem quite different than the usual Catholic that I'm used to protesting against:p

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You seem quite different than the usual Catholic that I'm used to protesting against:p
Catholics need to wake up and realise that Christ inspired our faith...not the other way around.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So @franciscan I've seen you mention the "Holy See" several times now and I've been assuming that the reference is to God or Jesus. Is it one/both of them or something else entirely?

I recently won an Fuhattan during Mod Envy and had an Apollo that I hadn't used much because I preferred my ZNA 30. Recently I've been trying them both, and I'm actually enjoying them with my 1.0 Ohm KFL+v2. The voltage drop on both of them is around .1 ohm.

I think that I like the Apollo better because it is smaller and lighter, but the Fuhattan is nice because the floating pin lets you use an atomizer with a recessed pin.

Surprised at how quickly I learned to recognize when my battery is running low as well as when my juice is running low. I've been switching the battery at around 3.8 and refilling the KFL when it needs between 4 and 3.5 mls of juice :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Holy See is the Vatican....specifically the Cardinals/Archbishops/Bishops collectively known as the Curia. Technically the Pope is the Archbishop of Rome.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Holy See is the Vatican....specifically the Cardinals/Archbishops/Bishops collectively known as the Curia. Technically the Pope is the Archbishop of Rome.
I see, thanks. And even though not catholic, I am liking the new pope and what he is trying to bring to the church.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I see, thanks. And even though not catholic, I am liking the new pope and what he is trying to bring to the church.
Same here...it is desperately needed. Sadly, I feel that the Curia see's it otherwise...that he is trying to dismantle centuries of conservative control over the Church. We of ANY faith need to become humble in the sight of our Creator...and bring faith to others ONLY motivated by love and obedience.......not secularised obedience...but obedience of the soul in reverence to that which was and is created by Him/Her.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is the aim of the Charismatics, to slowly break down and remove the old "stick up the arse inflexible archaic attitudes" in the Church and the Holy See. It is those old musty tenets that drove so many away.
Did you hear the dressing down the Pope gave today?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally think that it is time for a lot of religions to review their positions on a lot of topics given the current dynamics of modern society. Not that I'm saying that everything modern is right, just that some positions need to be reviewed and either reaffirmed and/or updated to reflect the issues today.

I also think that most people need to do the same thing on a personal level. Unfortunately common courtesy and basic respect for others has gone by the wayside in the last 50 or so years, replaced by the me centric view today.

The breakdown of the family... sorry, I could go on about these topics for a long time...

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally think that it is time for a lot of religions to review their positions on a lot of topics given the current dynamics of modern society. Not that I'm saying that everything modern is right, just that some positions need to be reviewed and either reaffirmed and/or updated to reflect the issues today.

I also think that most people need to do the same thing on a personal level. Unfortunately common courtesy and basic respect for others has gone by the wayside in the last 50 or so years, replaced by the me centric view today.

The breakdown of the family... sorry, I could go on about these topics for a long time...
I think we should be communists. And I'm serious. At least I think I am. That is if I understand that word correctly;)

Good night:)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think we should be communists. And I'm serious. At least I think I am. That is if I understand that word correctly;)

Good night:)
Communism is a governing (societal classification in my opinion) system where the people work to support the needs of the community instead of the needs of the one.

Typically communists are atheists. But there are modern communists who are christian. A lot of this is the underlying cause of some of the conflict in Eastern Europe. But strictly speaking Marxists are atheists.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I think that the heart has given way to the mind. So many have embraced a false notion of being "self aware"...but that awareness is placed there by society and the media....and not an inward awareness of what we truly hunger for. The only innate feeling and desire that we have is that hunger for love and to be loved...that which we were born with, and required as babies and wee children. Sadly in later years we begin the education of hate and greed. Fortunately there is no such thing as "lost innocence"...it merely becomes misplaced and replaced by things that are fleeting and too easily lost. We pity the homeless for they do not have what we so easily label as "comforts", yet as we cling to those things...those empires we build...the poor person has nothing....and nothing to lose. In this world....a catastrophe can easily strip us of our kingdoms of money and "comfort"...and we are reduced to homelessness and hunger...and we rend our clothing and commit suicide as some sort of "fuck you" to God who betrayed us....when in fact....God is in the homeless man, who in his pity...shares his blanket and coat.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm sorry, I was was texting.. What?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya.. thought it was pretty funny to watch them sit there while he talked.. All stone faced :)
I fear that in time...there will be assassination attempts on His Holiness. :(

VU Sponsors