InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow.
I mean I know a hysterectomy will mess up my hormones but they're already messed up so what's the difference. Is the pain gone/better now?
Did they do an emergency hysterectomy ?
No, it wasn't done as an emergency. Yes the pain is gone, but she has phantom periods because of leaving the ovaries behind, but she is bi-polar now and we don't know if that is a hormonal issue. I keep asking her to get testing to see if she needs hormone replacement therapy but she won't do it.

There are definitely tradeoffs, but she feels like it was all worth it to get rid of the constant pain.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, it wasn't done as an emergency. Yes the pain is gone, but she has phantom periods because of leaving the ovaries behind, but she is bi-polar now and we don't know if that is a hormonal issue. I keep asking her to get testing to see if she needs hormone replacement therapy but she won't do it.

There are definitely tradeoffs, but she feels like it was all worth it to get rid of the constant pain.
Yes people don't realize hormones make you fucking crazy. I got depression the same time I got my 1st period, I don't think it's a coincidence

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Today off Tuesday. Rebuild my Russian with a Vemon coil brought off Ebay. Sister and I are taking Dad out for supper tonite. A once a month HomeStyle Meal severed at the Coffee Shop I work pt at. Roast Beef and Mashed potatos.Dad will like it. my folks separated a few months ago after 48 yrs LOL so now I[family] am like in this new Universe

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'm glad she's doing better. I really think it's worth a shot.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Today off Tuesday. Rebuild my Russian with a Vemon coil brought off Ebay. Sister and I are taking Dad out for supper tonite. A once a month HomeStyle Meal severed at the Coffee Shop I work pt at. Roast Beef and Mashed potatos.Dad will like it. my folks separated a few months ago after 48 yrs LOL so now I[family] am like in this new Universe
Wow at least they stuck with it for that long lol

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, now that more people are coming on-line maybe the sillyness can begin.

Morning to you to Grampa :)

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In this "Alternate Universe" I have been livin' in since,... well, since the wifey and I started vaping, I have been trying to figure out if I am increasing or decreasing my nicotine intake. This has been an ongoing discussion/heated debate for us. I do believe I have finally figured it out....

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got great news, I have a interview with Epilepsy.com for my results of using strictly ***to suppress/control my Tonic-Clonic Seizure Disorder among other Seizure Disorders. I used ***for an entire year everyday and will be giving them those results to help push for research and study, YAY!

Please take time out to read this: http://www.epilepsy.com/article/2014/2/epilepsy-foundation-calls-increased-medical-***-access-and-research

For me, ***works best for me...***also aids with my Seizures.

Last edited by a moderator:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In this "Alternate Universe" I have been livin' in since,... well, since the wifey and I started vaping, I have been trying to figure out if I am increasing or decreasing my nicotine intake. This has been an ongoing discussion/heated debate for us. I do believe I have finally figured it out....
Have the same question here. I definitely vape more (actually use it like a pacifier now), but hearing that the nicotine uptake is an order of magnitude less than uptake from cigarettes, which physically feels true, so I don't know.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got great news, I have a interview with Epilepsy.com for my results of using strictly cbd to suppress/control my Tonic-Clonic Seizure Disorder among other Seizure Disorders. I used cbd for an entire year everyday and will be giving them those results to help push for research and study, YAY!
Nice job, also have tonic clonic seizures and tourettes type ticks. What is ***? I'm not familiar with it off-hand.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice job, also have tonic clonic seizures and tourettes type ticks. What is ***? I'm not familiar with it off-hand.

I edited my previous post with a link that I know you will understand.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got great news, I have a interview with Epilepsy.com for my results of using strictly cbd to suppress/control my Tonic-Clonic Seizure Disorder among other Seizure Disorders. I used ***for an entire year everyday and will be giving them those results to help push for research and study, YAY!

Please take time out to read this: http://www.epilepsy.com/article/2014/2/epilepsy-foundation-calls-increased-medical-***access-and-research

For me, a *** works best for me...***also aids with my Seizures.
Awesome!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was born with tiny holes throughout my brain which makes controlling/suppressing them extremely difficult without ***and Big Pharma meds hurt me badly. Last October I had roughly 28 major seizure episodes and talkin about is makin me cry and breakdown. I also have roughly 7 Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries which with the slew of all of my other medical conditions plus my extremely rare medical condition (cholinergic urticaria with acquired generalized hypohidrosis) drastically decreases my quality of life but life goes on and so does my struggle. It's a great feeling talking about my struggle to complete strangers and I have lost all hope with a lot of doctors.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You have to be careful, that killed my wife.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was born with tiny holes throughout my brain which makes controlling/suppressing them extremely difficult without Cannabis and Big Pharma meds hurt me badly. Last October I had roughly 28 major seizure episodes and talkin about is makin me cry and breakdown. I also have roughly 7 Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries which with the slew of all of my other medical conditions plus my extremely rare medical condition (cholinergic urticaria with acquired generalized hypohidrosis) drastically decreases my quality of life but life goes on and so does my struggle. It's a great feeling talking about my struggle to complete strangers and I have lost all hope with a lot of doctors.
I know that feeling...

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got great news, I have a interview with Epilepsy.com for my results of using strictly cbd to suppress/control my Tonic-Clonic Seizure Disorder among other Seizure Disorders. I used cbd for an entire year everyday and will be giving them those results to help push for research and study, YAY!

Please take time out to read this: http://www.epilepsy.com/article/2014/2/epilepsy-foundation-calls-increased-medical--access-and-research

For me, a 50/50 strain works best for me...THC also aids with my Seizures.
Congrats on doing the Interview- about 15 yrs ago my Mom stated having seizures- she has 1 every 1 or 2 months[occasionally more often]. Sometimes see just fades out for a while sometimes its like she faints and drops. This includes a few minutes short term memory loss. Shes 75 now. No medications have helped so far

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have the same question here. I definitely vape more (actually use it like a pacifier now), but hearing that the nicotine uptake is an order of magnitude less than uptake from cigarettes, which physically feels true, so I don't know.
The calculations are really simple using available data..

Average nic delivered to system per CIG is between1 and 1.4 mg.
We will use 1.2 for the average

1.2 x 20 = 24mg

Using 24mg per ml juice if you use 1ml of juice in place of a pack of burning leaves... You will be getting the same or less nic.

Although 100% of the nic from ejuice is not absorbed... I can't find the exact numbers yet.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was born with tiny holes throughout my brain which makes controlling/suppressing them extremely difficult without Cannabis and Big Pharma meds hurt me badly. Last October I had roughly 28 major seizure episodes and talkin about is makin me cry and breakdown. I also have roughly 7 Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries which with the slew of all of my other medical conditions plus my extremely rare medical condition (cholinergic urticaria with acquired generalized hypohidrosis) drastically decreases my quality of life but life goes on and so does my struggle. It's a great feeling talking about my struggle to complete strangers and I have lost all hope with a lot of doctors.
Prayers are with you, keep fighting you never know. I was told my son wouldn't live past 10 (he will be 27 in 2 weeks) he is a fighter and it sounds to me like you are as well. Never give up!!

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

1.2 x 20 = 24mg

Using 24mg per ml juice if you use 1ml of juice in place of a pack of burning leaves... You will be getting the same or less nic.

Although 100% of the nic from ejuice is not absorbed... I can't find the exact numbers yet.
Yea I figure 1mil of 2.4% e juice = about 10 cigarettes. i started doing mouth to lungs hit instead of lung hits. Also now exhaling out nose . Nasal passages can absorb some nic is my theory

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on doing the Interview- about 15 yrs ago my Mom stated having seizures- she has 1 every 1 or 2 months[occasionally more often]. Sometimes see just fades out for a while sometimes its like she faints and drops. This includes a few minutes short term memory loss. Shes 75 now. No medications have helped so far

I fully understand and what some people don't understand is Seizures cause TBI's and are fatal. The interview will be next year on 4/20, lol. Big Pharma meds for Seizures truly don't work even though some might say otherwise cause those meds always need adjustments, lab tests, and the like...very stressful to go through all of that. I highly recommend Cannabis and there are so many ways of using vs smoking the actual buds. I understand it's illegal on the Federal/State but idgaf, it's medicine to me even though I will dab in the recreational aspect. I still have no criminal record and not even a citation.

I got stopped by the Murderapolis Police several years ago and they found an ounce of Cannabis on me, they were going to arrest until I told them that it's my medicine and soon after I told them I fell to the ground and did the croppy floppy for 7 minutes. I came to with medics and fire rescue, they wanted to bring me to the hospital but I refused since I know the hospitals protocol with Seizures since I was born with them...anyways, the cops brought me and my cannabis home without being arrested luckily. I was grateful that day that the cops understood that I wasn't lying.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I fully understand and what some people don't understand is Seizures cause TBI's and are fatal. The interview will be next year on 4/20, lol. Big Pharma meds for Seizures truly don't work even though some might say otherwise cause those meds always need adjustments, lab tests, and the like...very stressful to go through all of that. I highly recommend Cannabis and there are so many ways of using vs smoking the actual buds. I understand it's illegal on the Federal/State but idgaf, it's medicine to me even though I will dab in the recreational aspect. I still have no criminal record and not even a citation.

I got stopped by the Murderapolis Police several years ago and they found an ounce of Cannabis on me, they were going to arrest until I told them that it's my medicine and soon after I told them I fell to the ground and did the croppy floppy for 7 minutes. I came to with medics and fire rescue, they wanted to bring me to the hospital but I refused since I know the hospitals protocol with Seizures since I was born with them...anyways, the cops brought me and my cannabis home without being arrested luckily. I was grateful that day that the cops understood that I wasn't lying.
Best of luck man that really is horrible Godspeed

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10402567_951089571573968_3489840554651563991_n.jpg

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's unnatural typing with the On-Screen Keyboard, gotta save up for a new laptop...going to take me at least a year to do so since I have been livin off of a monthly RSDI check since I was 20...any computer repair folks among us, lol?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I edited my previous post with a link that I know you will understand.
Thanks, I have seen some research recently using medical grade for epilepsy. Have heard about some discussions with children but don't know what form they are talking about administering.

I don't live in a state where medical use is legal yet, and have to have blood tests done every 90 days for my Norco prescription.

I am interested in exploring as a possible alternative in the future if it becomes legal, but as a way to cut down on pain pills because I can't imagine that all the ones I take are for stomach, kidneys and liver.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's unnatural typing with the On-Screen Keyboard, gotta save up for a new laptop...going to take me at least a year to do so since I have been livin off of a monthly RSDI check since I was 20...any computer repair folks among us, lol?
My 16yr old is really good ( I like to crash my laptop and PC)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have to be careful, that killed my wife.

The hormone replacement therapy? If so, I imagine this is painful and I'm sorry about asking, but what was the underlying issue?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, nicotine also helps with my seizures...that is why I don't want to see Vaping banned/illegal.
Same here. One of my presentations is severe migraine headaches, and the nic really helps manage those. Still get them, but less often.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I have seen some research recently using medical grade for epilepsy. Have heard about some discussions with children but don't know what form they are talking about administering.

I don't live in a state where medical use is legal yet, and have to have blood tests done every 90 days for my Norco prescription.

I am interested in exploring as a possible alternative in the future if it becomes legal, but as a way to cut down on pain pills because I can't imagine that all the ones I take are for stomach, kidneys and liver.

Cannabis for kids is mainly capsules/hash oil tinctures/edibles/body oils and or lotions.

Trust me medical grade Cannabis will help you immensely, when it does become legal...you will understand.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

1.2 x 20 = 24mg

Right. I have heard numbers as low as 10%.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here. One of my presentations is severe migraine headaches, and the nic really helps manage those. Still get them, but less often.

I get horrible migraines that will last for up to 2 weeks or longer but cause of vaping, I have had only roughly 12 this year and that is remarkable. I too still get them but less and not as strong. Nicotine and Cannabis are my medicine of choice.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Been there. My seizures are atypical and last 30-40 minutes. I've woken up more than once strapped into a hospital bed and treated like I was a drug addict.

RichS

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The hormone replacement or the hysterectomy
Sorry for your lost
The hormone replacement, she developed breast cancer after starting the replacement, they said it had nothing to do with it, but there wasn't any history of breast cancer in her family. They lied she died, life goes on.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been there. My seizures are atypical and last 30-40 minutes. I've woken up more than once strapped into a hospital bed and treated like I was a drug addict.

It sucks, that is why I dislike hospitals plus I am a major recluse and truly can't enjoy the outdoors anymore.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_n86whimhjW1qa9gvko1_500_zps088e443e.jpg

VU Sponsors