Become a Patron!

Alternate Universe

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea how they sing/scream like that for hours. My voice can last maybe a minute doing that. Maybe.
I think it's hard on their vocal cords.
As the years go by they can't do what they were able to do in their early years.
But that's kinda cool too because it can cause them to change their style and approach.
Some of the time though it will ruin a band.
I can't sing/scream like that but I can listen to it for hours on end.
Been a metal head pretty much my entire life.
I can't hear very well now. I put my ears through too much hell.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like alot of the hardcore style music but cant stand the "singing". If I could find a karaoke version I'd be all good.
Heard that! If the vocalist feel the need to sound like cookie monster, probably need a better singer.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As the years go by they can't do what they were able to do in their early years.
But that's kinda cool too because it can cause them to change their style and approach.
I hear that LOL Went to Almost every concert at the Rosemont Horizon and Aragon Brawl room between 1980 and 85. Ozzy, metalica Venom Vandenburg Armoured saint Ect.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your welcome LOL
I post pictures of sexy ladies all the time.
422933bb0660b7f6cea6414ce845c397.jpg

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard that! If the vocalist feel the need to sound like cookie monster, probably need a better singer.
Even I have limits to what I can stand. I won't listen to just noise. But sometimes there is a melodic sound that a pig stuck under a gate can make.
However some bands just wouldn't be as awesome as they are if they didn't have that cookie monster vocal.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You neeeed these! Passover 10 plagues finger puppets. I saw them in NYC and could not stop laughing. So I bought them and I'm not even Jewish. I know it's probably a good religious learning tool for the kiddies but really??? That must be the suckiest hand puppet show EVah.
http://www.amazon.com/Rite-Lite-Judaic-Passover-Finger-Puppets/dp/B001QFBJTE

View attachment 6286
(edit: image inserted by vu moderator Hobby Kid)

I don't seem to be able to post images anymore.

ROFL I want that

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Even I have limits to what I can stand. I won't listen to just noise. But sometimes there is a melodic sound that a pig stuck under a gate can make.
However some bands just wouldn't be as awesome as they are if they didn't have that cookie monster vocal.
No noise? Not even the Melvins?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone needs to invent a microphone that can make anybody's voice sound like that. There are mics for other voice changes, even if they are just toys. I'd totally get my son one, his throat starts to hurt after awhile too. Plus it would be fun.

@cherrycakes Yes!!! You need one! I had the best time with that thing. Finally gave the puppets to someone who wanted to take them to their family Seder. lol

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone needs to invent a microphone that can make anybody's voice sound like that. There are mics for other voice changes, even if they are just toys. I'd totally get my son one, his throat starts to hurt after awhile too. Plus it would be fun.

@cherrycakes Yes!!! You need one! I had the best time with that thing. Finally gave the puppets to someone who wanted to take them to their family Seder. lol
LOL here's an interesting read.http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/297057-guttural-voices-tips-tricks.html

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Men's figure skating with a shot in the eyeball

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Girls showing boys how to do it

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best lines from "Catch Me if You Can"...
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Go fuck yourself"

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Best lines from "Catch Me if You Can"...
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Go fuck yourself"

Who used it first--That movie or Trailer Park Boys??

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@m3rma1d how long does it take u to get a giftcard? I've been doing this forever and have 378 swagbucks. need 1000 lol
ALMOST halfway there

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Drip tip socks? Aren't those called condoms???
They could be, but I think of them as golf club socks rather than something that's for protection while being used. What I wanted was a sock/cover to put on my drip tip that's currently in use on my box mod to keep dust off it while it's standing around.

Best 2 suggestions, short of someone knitting me a couple was Celtic's lil rubber fingertip things from Staples or my cutting toes off socks. :)

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They could be, but I think of them as golf club socks rather than something that's for protection while being used. What I wanted was a sock/cover to put on my drip tip that's currently in use on my box mod to keep dust off it while it's standing around.

Best 2 suggestions, short of someone knitting me a couple was Celtic's lil rubber fingertip things from Staples or my cutting toes off socks. :)
Lol

VU Sponsors