Become a Patron!

Burnt taste even on DIFFERENT MOD. Help please.

hello, I've been vaping since December 2015. My first mod was eGo one, I liked it but I wanted something with RBA so I bought a Kangertech mod. Everything was awesome for at least 8 weeks. Then I started to get burnt hits, I changed the coil, changed the juice, tried to add a VG, still tasted like crap.. So I bought a new kangertech tank... The problem was still the same... So I bought a shole different mod - the vaporesso 75w target, because I've read awesome reviews.... But I'm still getting burnt hits, its awful. :( do you think that the problem can be in the batteries? Because I have two of them (both since January) and that's the only thing that these two mods has incommon. I'm pretty desperate, I used to love vaping, I stopped smoking because of it. :) thabks for your help!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanger makes 5 different coils and they all take different settings.
Which coil are you talking about, what tank do you have and which mod.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might want to start at a lower wattage after you change your coil and work your way up to where you have the flavor and vapor production your looking for.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I find the Ccell coils hate to go over 35 watts every time I do I get burnt hits. I'm assuming your not using the nickel coil but the 0.9 kanthal one.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You still haven't told us what mod your using and what power your running it at.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the vaporesso 75w target

Just not how many watts.
My bad I thought the tank was the target and the mod was called something else. Should have done some research before answering...egg on my face. Or read more carefully

Any way... yea what power are you running and are you priming the coils or at least letting them sit for 10 min or so.

I always start low.. Around 16w and work my way up to 30. When I tried to go higher (like 50) it tasted actually a bit better.... But still burnt. And I always let it sit for 5-10 mins..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you primed the coil (dripped juice in it before screwing it in and let it sit for a bit) and started at 16w then moved up in power if you were not getting good vapor production... not much else you can do. Edit: maybe start at 10w and go up from there but 16w is pretty low already.

Do you have another juice you can try?

The cCell I tried (Ni temp control) took a good 1/2 tank till flavor got good but it never tasted burnt.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Other than mentioning that new coils take a few ml of juice before they start to produce good flavor or mention vapors tongue I got no more suggestions. Hopefully some one else would have better info...Sorry I couldn't help.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hello, I've been vaping since December 2015. My first mod was eGo one, I liked it but I wanted something with RBA so I bought a Kangertech mod. Everything was awesome for at least 8 weeks. Then I started to get burnt hits, I changed the coil, changed the juice, tried to add a VG, still tasted like crap.. So I bought a new kangertech tank... The problem was still the same... So I bought a shole different mod - the vaporesso 75w target, because I've read awesome reviews.... But I'm still getting burnt hits, its awful. :( do you think that the problem can be in the batteries? Because I have two of them (both since January) and that's the only thing that these two mods has incommon. I'm pretty desperate, I used to love vaping, I stopped smoking because of it. :) thabks for your help!

Oh my, that IS frustrating! Definitely not batteries, well, surely not at all likely anyway. Can't imagine how it could be. There IS possibly ONE other common denominator though, your juice. Could you tell us what flavor and manufacturer, and what the VG and PG ratio is? Also, is your airflow control wide open? Even at low watts, if airflow is too low to remove the HEAT that is building in the coil, that can also produce burnt hits?

Oh, and welcome to the Vaping Underground! We're delighted to have you here, and we're looking forward to sorting out your problem so you can enjoy yourself! :)

Oh my, that IS frustrating! Definitely not batteries, well, surely not at all likely anyway. Can't imagine how it could be. There IS possibly ONE other common denominator though, your juice. Could you tell us what flavor and manufacturer, and what the VG and PG ratio is? Also, is your airflow control wide open? Even at low watts, if airflow is too low to remove the HEAT that is building in the coil, that can also produce burnt hits?

Oh, and welcome to the Vaping Underground! We're delighted to have you here, and we're looking forward to sorting out your problem so you can enjoy yourself! :)
Thank you! :) I've tried loads of juices. In one vapeshop they advised me to you high VG juices.. So I use 70vg or higher. But even when I tried 50/50 it was burnt. I just don't know. :D

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See if your vape shop has a triton coil and try that. Can't go wrong with the atlantis Ni coil and they will work in the vaporesso tank.

(Edit: only Ni temp control, forget the triton, try an atlatis in temp control mode. Or a Triton in regular power mode but since burning is your issue, try temp control... Or if gou haven't used the cCell Ni coil... try it in temp control mode.)
Will that mod temp control stainless? If so get the 0.3 stainless triton coil. If not the Nickel atlantis coil.

Last edited:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! :) I've tried loads of juices. In one vapeshop they advised me to you high VG juices.. So I use 70vg or higher. But even when I tried 50/50 it was burnt. I just don't know. :D

We'll figure it out! You do know that once a coil is burnt, it is going to STAY burnt? If you have the CCoil Vaperesso's, you CAN resurrect those pretty nicely. Just have to let em soak in an alcohol bath (vodka works good) overnight, and dip a q-tip into the alcohol and swab out the core a few times. Of course, best would be to use a new, but let's get a handle on why it is burning in the first place. Did we check and make sure you have good air flow, and you are pulling enough air through it, quickly enough, to prevent scorching the juice? Did you clean out the chimney in your atomizer with a qtip to remove any carbon from previous burning? THAT can make it continue to taste burned, even AFTER you have resolved the problem.

Sorry, I am just trying to FORGET what I know about vaping, to understand how this might be happening to you. Don't want to take anything for granted at this point. :)

Chris1212

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The only other thing I can think of would be your using a juice that's recommend you drip only because it's to thick to wick up threw the juice holes. A couple of juices from cloud vapory say right on the website not intended for tank use. That will taste burnt everytime

VU Sponsors