Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Making DogMum 48 hour lamb bone broth. Hopefully helps foot heal a little bit quicker

8607c304756109a605b354a3b23d6d95.jpg

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

So it's Monday, I'm retired so I mostly don't care. It does mean offices will answer the phone when I call, though! It starts a new round of chores, lol. I'm still loving audio books!!! I can do my beadwork while I listen, or make coils and wick, or just play games. Jessie thinks I'm nuts, gets a "yep, there she goes again" look, when I start my new exercise program. I crank up some music and dance! And yes, the curtains are closed! It's more fun than just groan and bitch.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and having fun. Please keep checking in, I love my vaping friends.

Stay safe and healthy :hug::inlove:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!

So it's Monday, I'm retired so I mostly don't care. It does mean offices will answer the phone when I call, though! It starts a new round of chores, lol. I'm still loving audio books!!! I can do my beadwork while I listen, or make coils and wick, or just play games. Jessie thinks I'm nuts, gets a "yep, there she goes again" look, when I start my new exercise program. I crank up some music and dance! And yes, the curtains are closed! It's more fun than just groan and bitch.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and having fun. Please keep checking in, I love my vaping friends.

Stay safe and healthy :hug::inlove:

In my opinion dancing is the best form of exercise. Swimming is right up there, though. You go ahead and have fun with it, and don't worry about even closing those curtains. Anybody who is looking into your house deserves to see something far worse than you dancing! They should MIND THEIR OWN BIDNESS! lol

Someone should invent little spray nozzles that are motion activated, to go along the outside perimeter of windows. Nosy pervs get sprayed with very unpleasant stuff, tear gas or bear spray or something, right in the eyeball sockets, if they come within four or five feet of your windows!

Nozzles must deactivate automatically for Fire Dept, Police, EMTs, shrub-trimmers, and YOU, should you lock yourself out. That might be a trick. lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
morning dailies

new case manager yesterday

she is pretty easy to talk to

she asked about the last few days. Which i said had been rough with lowered duloxetine (cross tapering to something else, just have to get this down first) with intrusive memories and thoughts

she questioned safety plan. And told me not to be shy to ring triage, 000 or show up to emergency after hours

we heroically discussed fear of sleeping. And she reinforced dr appt next tuesday will be important

she wants me to aim for showering every day. And being in the presence of humans every second day, just browse kmart or something

so acheiveable goals

we discussed most of the thoghts being around health professionals, and 1 in particular

sorry... boring sooky lala dribble

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So... we took our new rescue dog to the vet today to get checked out. We got a 3 month flea chewable for her, and heartworm meds. She was more well behaved than any of the other dogs people brought in. No barking or growling. She wanted to sniff and play, but the other dogs acted vicious. For her own safety, hubby held her close.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, more news on the medical front today.

Hubbs has been complaining about his vision being fuzzy in one eye. He had cataract surgery in both eyes a year or two ago, and we both figured that one of the artificial lenses they used for the cataract repair had slipped out of place. Turns out it isn't that, it's that scar tissue has formed behind the lens in one eye. Apparently this is a fairly common thing.

So next Wednesday, hubbs gets to go lay in the ophthalmologist's chair and go through the laser lightshow again. The doc says they can get rid of the scar tissue without removing that lens. Don't ask me how - it makes not one lick of sense to me - but I'm glad of it, and hope it really works out that way.

I hope he recovers from this as easily and quickly as he did the initial cataract surgery. He was nothing short of a miracle then. I'm hoping for the best for him.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama , Hope all goes well and he will have a speedy recovery :hug:
Sending good positive thoughts.
Also, hope you are feeling better and will be up to the task of taking care/helping your Hubbs out. :hug:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, more news on the medical front today.

Hubbs has been complaining about his vision being fuzzy in one eye. He had cataract surgery in both eyes a year or two ago, and we both figured that one of the artificial lenses they used for the cataract repair had slipped out of place. Turns out it isn't that, it's that scar tissue has formed behind the lens in one eye. Apparently this is a fairly common thing.

So next Wednesday, hubbs gets to go lay in the ophthalmologist's chair and go through the laser lightshow again. The doc says they can get rid of the scar tissue without removing that lens. Don't ask me how - it makes not one lick of sense to me - but I'm glad of it, and hope it really works out that way.

I hope he recovers from this as easily and quickly as he did the initial cataract surgery. He was nothing short of a miracle then. I'm hoping for the best for him.
Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a quick and successful surgery.
Please keep us informed on how it goes for him.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday, I saw someone on FB selling a sleigh bed, which I have been wanting for quite some time. The lady lives in the same town as I do, so I went to look at it. It was nice, but needed some work. The prices was really good, so i got it.

I spent about 5 hours today working on it: removing scuffs sanding, restaining, vanishing (with water based acrylic) and adding a shelf to the headboard. Hubby is anxiously waiting to see it in the bedroom.

20220505_175159.jpg

Grand total spent for bed frame and stain: $85.00

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday, I saw someone on FB selling a sleigh bed, which I have been wanting for quite some time. The lady lives in the same town as I do, so I went to look at it. It was nice, but needed some work. The prices was really good, so i got it.

I spent about 5 hours today working on it: removing scuffs sanding, restaining, vanishing (with water based acrylic) and adding a shelf to the headboard. Hubby is anxiously waiting to see it in the bedroom.

View attachment 193079

Grand total spent for bed frame and stain: $85.00

That looks great! Well done!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm supposed to do some of the same arm ones...
I've got crapped out rotator cuffs - both of 'em.
I recall having to go through all that when I had frozen shoulder in both shoulders. None of it did any good. I just had to ride it out until the problem went away on its own, no matter how cute and sexy my physiotherapist was. He turned 30 while I was going to see him, and he acted all bummed out he was getting "old". Yet, he kept telling me I was young (over 50 years old). SMH!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a great day, especially since it got to 107°F. I noticed the ground especially damp, so I checked under the house. A shut off valve had broken underground in a hole. We worked on it all day. Hubs took the day off for this. We got water to half the half bath, laundry room, and outdoor spigot. The rest will need more work, all under the crawl space.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
:cry: Dr Tomorrow

the rocky theme is playing in my head

I hope your visit goes well, and that you don't dread going too much. :hug:

Hubbs has ophthalmologist on Wednesday. He is looking forward to being able to see properly again.

Our son is here for a few days, and we found out yesterday that the person he's been staying with has strep throat. I'm still not well from the two sinus infections I've had over the past six weeks. Can't seem to shake it, even after rounds of two different antibiotics.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still getting some drainage from where the big toenails were removed. No blood, just fluid. Just enough that I gotta put 2x4 bandaids around the toes before putting shoes and socks on to go anywhere or do anything.

On the weather, today is supposed to be the last of the extreme heat for this week, to be followed with highs only in the 90s, until next Monday when the extreme heat is supposed to return. Of course, they have been wrong before.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Still getting some drainage from where the big toenails were removed. No blood, just fluid. Just enough that I gotta put 2x4 bandaids around the toes before putting shoes and socks on to go anywhere or do anything.

On the weather, today is supposed to be the last of the extreme heat for this week, to be followed with highs only in the 90s, until next Monday when the extreme heat is supposed to return. Of course, they have been wrong before.

What was it there yesterday? 117, you said? I don't think it's ever been that hot anywhere I've lived, but I know in the city of Raleigh, when it gets over 100, the radiant heat from street pavement feels like it's going to take a person's breath away.

I thought it was outrageous that my daughter had been in 100 degree heat already in Tucson.

Don't know how you stand it. I really, truly don't.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I don't know how you stand it either, that's inhuman weather. :facepalm:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Attachments

• EPARC-Booklet-template-draft-3-April_v2_Feb-2021-Final-2020-002 (1).pdf
    205.2 KB · Views: 0

VU Sponsors