Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I just took a look at Medicare.gov, was going to check for plans that cover the two drugs I mentioned. Neither of those drugs is even in Medicare's database that's used to evaluate the different pharmacy plans, which says to me that NONE of those plans are going to cover them.

I will just have to change the meds I take. Have an appointment with a better PCP on the 21st, so I'll just talk to him about it.
Different part D plans cover different stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've now checked Cigna, Aetna, Humana, UHC, and one other. None of them cover these meds.

Check around wife had one med not covered under part D. so she found a service that gave her great discount on it. But to use it she has to get it filled at a different pharmacy without her part D ins on file...

One of those things they advertise like med rx or something.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've looked at that kind of service a little, but will look more tomorrow. Thanks!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alfredo got sideways going into his pits with like 19 to go...can u say Elbow Pasta? :devil:

ivVXobBl.png

NO SAUCE 4 U!

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've looked at that kind of service a little, but will look more tomorrow. Thanks!
According to wife it needs to be used at a pharmacy without you ins info on file.
I just take her advise on such things as she used to be an HR benefits manager.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@debinnv here is hoping your daughter recovers well.

After months of hearing the Govt here tell us masks are useless and me and the wife getting mocked our Govt says we now should wear them. :facepalm:
Oh, and one of them that told us they were not necessary tonight showed us how to wear one and even make one!
Hope everyone here is ok and stays that way.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah read that on my phone news today about the blood clots. Scary stuff. What was also scary was a dr saying that he cant see a vaccine for it being available in the near future that the best we can hope for is in a years time if we are lucky.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

All is well here, no changes. Pretty quiet, hubby is in his workshop & Jessie is napping. That will all change soon! When he comes in she will race after him.

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope it goes well for her.

Stay safe & healthy :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
'Experts' are now saying 1/4 million US dead from Corona by years end.
And it will not stop at years end.

Be safe, stay resolute in commitment to protect yourself and family.
Gonna be a long haul thing.

And do not buy any hand sanitizer made in Mexico.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saturday check. Just one of those blah days. Sun is shining, it's hot. My niece had her bridal "brunch" today and I didn't go :(. She was very gracious about it when I called to let her know I wasn't coming. Still, makes me sad, but I'm just not going to place myself within a group of people I'm not normally around. COVID, you are bullshit. You suck. I did send her gifts, though. Not much else going on, ATM.

I have lots of stuff to do, and I just don't want to.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saturday check. Just one of those blah days. Sun is shining, it's hot. My niece had her bridal "brunch" today and I didn't go :(. She was very gracious about it when I called to let her know I wasn't coming. Still, makes me sad, but I'm just not going to place myself within a group of people I'm not normally around. COVID, you are bullshit. You suck. I did send her gifts, though. Not much else going on, ATM.

I have lots of stuff to do, and I just don't want to.
:hug: :hug: :hug: nuff said

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have got to try and get that feral kitty trapped tonight. It's too hot for him to be out there. If I can spot him when he goes in the cat carrier to eat ( I have had his food in there with the door off for about a week now) I put the door on with it propped open a little bit ago. So when he comes later this evening I will try and get him. Wish me luck. I already have the spare bedroom set up for him.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
'Experts' are now saying 1/4 million US dead from Corona by years end.
And it will not stop at years end.

Be safe, stay resolute in commitment to protect yourself and family.
Gonna be a long haul thing.

And do not buy any hand sanitizer made in Mexico.
That's a horrific forecast number.
I was speaking to a lady we know who's friend does what I was doing up until covid, visiting those in nursing homes and care, the current word is its off until an effective vaccine is found and we wont be doing it again until one is. :( The health organisation she is with, same as mine, told her that even then it would wait to see the long term effectiveness of it so dont expect to be back doing it for the next 2 yrs at least. How lonely and sad for those with no families that relied on that outside contact!?
Im feeling your ugh! We get those temps here in summer too. Debilitating heat isnt it! How creatures, wildlife, survive it amazes me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a horrific forecast number.
I was speaking to a lady we know who's friend does what I was doing up until covid, visiting those in nursing homes and care, the current word is its off until an effective vaccine is found and we wont be doing it again until one is. :( The health organisation she is with, same as mine, told her that even then it would wait to see the long term effectiveness of it so dont expect to be back doing it for the next 2 yrs at least. How lonely and sad for those with no families that relied on that outside contact!?

Im feeling your ugh! We get those temps here in summer too. Debilitating heat isnt it! How creatures, wildlife, survive it amazes me.
The spanish flu pandemic lasted 3 years...

The way I see it the best we can hope for here if an effective and mass produced vaccine is available by years end is about this time next year.
Of course we have those who will not take a vaccine...

I am planning on keeping up my current safe virus practices probably until the end of next year.
They can open up if they want but I am not.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The spanish flu pandemic lasted 3 years...

The way I see it the best we can hope for here if an effective and mass produced vaccine is available by years end is about this time next year.
Of course we have those who will not take a vaccine...

I am planning on keeping up my current safe virus practices probably until the end of next year.
They can open up if they want but I am not.
Yeah I tend agree to go with that plan Only interact with the public when I need to and just visit family when we can. Everything I've seen in the public lately has been really off putting. We agreed to do bigger shops now. Used to go weekly but now every almost 3 weeks.
Stay safe, though I have no doubt you'll do the best to.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Yesterday was fun - we took a box full of hubby's baits and dumped them out on the table. Started separating them into styles, colors. Here comes our helper! Jumped up, saw the baits before she landed, and tried to stop gravity. Didn't work, lol. She hit the table with all four paws in motion, baits flying, She zipped in to the closet to hide. Hubby went to calm her down, brought her out. She watched us for a while and decided that if she couldn't play with them then she wasn't interested. I should taken a picture.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in!

@debinnv I’m sorry to hear about your daughter! i hope she doesn’t get sick and rides it out well, if she does.

My TSH numbers were off.....so an increase in meds for me. Yay. But at least it’s just that and not something else or worse.

Just found out my 86 year old aunt is in the hospital for Covid. She’s good, for now, but y’all know how this goes. Hopefully, she’ll do alright, but her age and other things are against her. She’s in CA, alone....sort of. Her late husband(Pete Velasco) was one of the people, along with Ceasar Chavez, that started the United Farm Workers Union....the one for immigrants and brown field workers. So they have a compound out there in La Paz where she’s lived for decades. They’re taking care of her and have been for years.

Hope y’all are well! VA on the rise, again.....ugh.....

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in!

@debinnv I’m sorry to hear about your daughter! i hope she doesn’t get sick and rides it out well, if she does.

My TSH numbers were off.....so an increase in meds for me. Yay. But at least it’s just that and not something else or worse.

Just found out my 86 year old aunt is in the hospital for Covid. She’s good, for now, but y’all know how this goes. Hopefully, she’ll do alright, but her age and other things are against her. She’s in CA, alone....sort of. Her late husband(Pete Velasco) was one of the people, along with Ceasar Chavez, that started the United Farm Workers Union....the one for immigrants and brown field workers. So they have a compound out there in La Paz where she’s lived for decades. They’re taking care of her and have been for years.

I will keep your Aunt in my thoughts and prayers Gypsy and thanks, Jen is doing just fine as of this morning when we chatted. New guy in her life so she's at the "fun" stage right now HA HA Actually, he used to game with us and was a pretty nice guy from best I could tell via online and chatting. Fingers crossed as it's really time for her to catch a good one.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checking in!

Hopefully your aunt ride out the covid ok.
:hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Checking in!

Sorry to hear that. Here is hoping the best for her.

Then we went and rented a canoe and paddled down the river for a couple hours. Had fun, and the weather was perfect for floating down the river.
But darnit! I forgot my fihing rod, when will I ever learn!?
Fixed it for you.
:giggle: Couldn't resist. Looks like a good place to be trailing lure behind as you paddle.
Im always scoping out the fishing ops in peoples photos, become second nature, im hooked!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That's me tomorrow. First road trip since March. I'm a little nervous, but I've had enough of the SSDD. 4 airports, 3 flight segments, stuck with a mask the whole time. Not enough time on the ground in Denver or Houston airports to go out to get a vape. I'm gonna be one cranky old fart by the time I hit Corpus Christi.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

That's me tomorrow. First road trip since March. I'm a little nervous, but I've had enough of the SSDD. 4 airports, 3 flight segments, stuck with a mask the whole time. Not enough time on the ground in Denver or Houston airports to go out to get a vape. I'm gonna be one cranky old fart by the time I hit Corpus Christi.
Yeah that'd be a nervous trip.
Safe travelling Gopher.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here is the new addition. He SO needs a bath but it will be awhile before he lets me do that and hooray he is using the scratching post. He really so so sweet and starved for attention. But I still need to go slow. If I approach too fast he cowers, almost like he has been hit before. Well, he will be loved now. He can sniff the other animals under the door. Of course right now when Danny tries to put his paw under the door to reach him, New kitty wants to attack. That's gonna take time but I am in no rush. He's quite happy in the guest bedrom and he can take all the time he needs. :) I'm a sucker for homeless fur babies. I think he's probably around 1 to 2 years old. Just a guess.

Sorry for the derail ,,,,,,,,,,,

image000000.jpgIMG_20200712_204423577.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Feeling like a million bucks this morning

Woke up at my usual 4-430a... made some pacamara coffee, reached over to take my 10mg Norco, vitamins... fed the fur kids... reached over took a 10mg Norco... oops

Haven’t felt this good in years lol

Feel like I’m in my mid 20’s again... all the little pains and nuances nonexistent... short lived I know... but man I feel great.

Wife is in Vegas... prayer week ended last night for her aunt that passed... she’ll be home late tonight.

Family is safe, we are good... I feel AWESOME! Lol

Be rad everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning VU!

Woke up at my usual 4-430a... made some pacamara coffee, reached over to take my 10mg Norco, vitamins... fed the fur kids... reached over took a 10mg Norco... oops

Feel like I’m in my mid 20’s again... all the little pains and nuances nonexistent... short lived I know... but man I feel great.

Wife is in Vegas... prayer week ended last night for her aunt that passed... she’ll be home late tonight.

Be rad everyone.

GREAT POST!
I am happy for ya.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning VU!

Be rad everyone.

Hooray for Norco, and don't do that again.....................lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't do well with humans in general. But am kind of ready for a lunch or something. Preferably with someone who has a pupper.

That way, inevitable awkward silence can be filled by commenting on how amazing the pupper is. And asking questions about the pupper.

I do OK having a pupper to focus on.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hooray for Norco, and don't do that again.....................lol

Yeah, first time double dipping on those lol... one normally takes the edge off and after walking the dogs for a mile everything is "Lubed" and no major aches, just the annoyances associated with arthritis...then it pretty much wears off before 11am

It was funny too... was still in that morning stupor... and as soon as I took the second one I said to myself, " wait a sec... shit... Oh Well..."

Wasn't high or anything, just felt great after the first hour... it will wear off as it normally does after 5 hours, but what a glorious awesome few hours it has been. Took the dogs on a longer than normal morning walk, they're both passed out now...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Walked to TJ's today and got Milly meats, veggies,deli stuff, and etc. And a fine Seattle Microbrew.

pike kilt lifter
  • Style: Scotch Ale
  • Grain: Pale, Maris Otter, Munich, Carapils, Crystal, Peated, Roasted, Malted Wheat
  • Hops: Magnum, Goldings, Glacier
  • ABV: 6.5%
  • IBU: 27
  • OG: 1.064
  • °L: 16

Haven't had a Scotch Ale type in years, it's lovely. :cheers:

moiYCgAl.jpg

From one of the older breweries there, Est. 1989.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Operation Warp Speed is not waiting on the results from the portion of the trial that determines whether the vaccine works: “We will be manufacturing hundreds of millions of doses long before phase three clinical trials are complete,”

???

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A big blow to our local economy just happened because of COVID.
For the first time in over 30 yrs our "world's largest 3-on-3 outdoor basketball tournament" called Hoopfest was canceled. That brought in tens of thousands of people from around the world to play here and made the downtown core and local businesses a lot of money that many count on. Beside just being a destination sports event and hella fun. :(

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At this point how may of our covid problems would we not have now if EVERYONE had done what they should to prevent it's spread?

At this point people deserve a lot of blame. Several countries have pretty much got it beat back down and are pretty much back to normal business wise..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Reminder to those of you in the USA:

***** AND THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT, SO DON'T EVEN GO THERE *****

If you plan to vote in November, please check into the regulations in your state about voting by mail.

You may be able to vote by mail and thereby avoid putting yourself at risk of exposure to Covid-19 in a public voting space.

It is not too early to go ahead and do this.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reminder to those of you in the USA:

***** AND THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT, SO DON'T EVEN GO THERE *****

If you plan to vote in November, please check into the regulations in your state about voting by mail.

You may be able to vote by mail and thereby avoid putting yourself at risk of exposure to Covid-19 in a public voting space.

It is not too early to go ahead and do this.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Yep because no way will this thing be over by November.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning VU!

Be rad everyone.

:) Googling Norco.....googling Norco....

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in from TX. Airports are sad, so many stores closed in Denver and Houston and only a few restaurants open. My first flight was delayed due to a maintenance issue so I had to reroute the rest of the trip. I didn't get to my hotel until 10PM, only good thing was I got upgraded from Denver to Houston. Due to the rerouting I had enough time in Denver to go outside and vape. Getting through TSA wasn't too bad either.

Some restaurants here in Rockport, TX are open for dine in. Tonight I had pizza and beer at a local non-chain pizza place. I need to check to see if the Irish pub here is open. They have good fish and chips and meatloaf and the beer is cold with a good variety of craft beers.

My work here involves just driving around checking water and gas meters with little interaction with others. The hotel has masks required in common areas. I'm doing ok, but looking forward to getting home.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in from TX. Airports are sad, so many stores closed in Denver and Houston and only a few restaurants open. My first flight was delayed due to a maintenance issue so I had to reroute the rest of the trip. I didn't get to my hotel until 10PM, only good thing was I got upgraded from Denver to Houston. Due to the rerouting I had enough time in Denver to go outside and vape. Getting through TSA wasn't too bad either.

Some restaurants here in Rockport, TX are open for dine in. Tonight I had pizza and beer at a local non-chain pizza place. I need to check to see if the Irish pub here is open. They have good fish and chips and meatloaf and the beer is cold with a good variety of craft beers.

My work here involves just driving around checking water and gas meters with little interaction with others. The hotel has masks required in common areas. I'm doing ok, but looking forward to getting home.

Shepherd's Pie and brown bread! Been too long since I had a pub nearby!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

We are doing fine here. Hubby got groceries yesterday, forgot to bring home the coffee he paid for. Why couldn't he forget something cheap? Jessie is stretched out in her catnip pile, looks pretty glassy eyed. She'll wind up here in a minute, then go take a nap, lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning!

We are doing fine here. Hubby got groceries yesterday, forgot to bring home the coffee he paid for. Why couldn't he forget something cheap? Jessie is stretched out in her catnip pile, looks pretty glassy eyed. She'll wind up here in a minute, then go take a nap, lol.

I wish I was stretched out in MY catnip pile. Dangit.

VU Sponsors