Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wasn't gonna log in tonight, but had to to say ditto for the both of ya...love you gals. :)
I probably wouldn't still be here after all of these years without you two.

Yes Deb, I am using the fuck out of those flavors. ;)

NO, this is not a COVID thread. Or a thread about the politic of it. Plenty of forums for that.

I could post stats every fucking day about how fucked we are. My brother drives a city bus, and sis and dad work for Vitalant...look it up..they are front line everyday and have been for months. I don't see them anymore.

It's a community thread for people living WITH this weird time. Coping, and sharing.
I literally got nobody except a cat, and we're good and no disease will change that unless we die.
But, humans need other humans for sharing the little things like our emotions, feelings, and having general contact with other humans even if it is virtual...not fucking politics.

I need VU, not really for vaping, as I'm pretty good at that after 8 years. I need it for not being alone and friends. Some of you I've known since the ECF and NV days. That is something to hold on to.

If it's just me and Milly, so be it. But I'd rather not. I have an inate need to share with people...THAT is why I came back.

Hey, I’d no idea that you were from ECF too. I know what you mean about needing the friendship here. And these are very strange times we’re living through, and it’s great to have support to get through it.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Nothing going on here but the heat. Hubby was in his workshop at dawn, to beat the sun. Jessie had him up at 4am, whiskers in his face and talking about treats. We broke a record yesterday from 1951.
Think I'll clean out the freezer and re-arrange stuff.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Check in....
Sitting here in Bendigo getting my car serviced. Nobody in our town unfortunately that I trust to touch it given past experiences. 1 hr 20 min drive but an easy cruise to get here. Now I hear covid has just been reported here on the radio as I got into town with a nurse having it. Has to be more here than that I guess that will show up. Was planning to have a look around town for the day. Not now. At least they have a big screen tv to watch.
Oh great ? I just heard a worker coughing and sniffing. Hope he just has wattle allergy like me.
Errgh, they have the tv on Ellen, not a fan of those types of shows, nothing against her just hate mindless tv. Too paranoid now to use the remote to change channels ?
Oh, and I forgot my mask! :facepalm:
This kinda sucks, 4 hour wait. Suddenly I wish I could hold my breath like a whale, then id only need to take 3 to 4 breathes whilst waiting. Id try to do it but knowing my luck id pass out and someone asymptomatic would try to revive me with mouth to mouth, or that worker coughing and sniffing. ☹
Roll on 4pm!

Hope everyone here is well and safe. ?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Home now but dissapointed to see so many 4wds towing caravans or loaded up heading north to cross the closed border from our state and to read of those in the northern states complaining of seeing those from here taking the back roads to avoid detection. I seriously ask myself "what is wrong with people now". All caution and care seems to have been thrown out the window. :(
Glad to be home. But after my time in Bendigo and whilst there having a customer come in just before I left coughing openly without covering his filthy mouth and seeing he obviously wasnt well sniffing and snorting mucus I, we, are going to totally self isolate for the 2 week period, bar going into the bush together alone until we know its ok. This day has seriously sucked and I wish id never went. ☹
Luckily whilst I was there my wife did a big shop that will cover us for that time.
People now :facepalm:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Car work sucks. When everything was starting up with it in my state, I had to have my brakes done. Thankfully, there was no one else waiting. The whole time I was there, I was panicking, lol.

Home from work, just chilling. Off for the next 2 days and so happy about that. The AC at work died earlier in the week, so I hope it's repaired by Sunday when we go back. It was terrible in there.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Car work sucks. When everything was starting up with it in my state, I had to have my brakes done. Thankfully, there was no one else waiting. The whole time I was there, I was panicking, lol.

Home from work, just chilling. Off for the next 2 days and so happy about that. The AC at work died earlier in the week, so I hope it's repaired by Sunday when we go back. It was terrible in there.
Yeah I loath getting my car serviced. With my old cars I did it all myself. For various reasons I can't and dont do it now with my car now. Tools, costs blah blah blah. Saying goodbye to it in the next couple of months but will miss its highway punch thats for sure. Overtake and say "seeya" as I dissapear into the distance. But im over that now and just want an easy cruise now. Sadly, covid has put the breaks on that. My new drive, ordered in Feb, supposed to be ready in May, then July! Now I am told August/September! And no certain on that! My current is still great, but is manual, and I have a slight knee niggle. In everything else its minor, but changing gears is a pain, literally. Had it operated on 2 yrs ago thereabouts but was failure. Can get around ok as im not old just an old accident injury but put pressure on it like changing gears and its a serious pain. The newbie is a sweet little Kia Suv auto. Great drive. But covid has held up our OZ deliveries crazy. As much as I love my Xtrail deisel and that weight for power punch above its weight I want out now. Now the new covid issue here is looking like another serious wait. But, really, take that into account, compared to the rest of the world! Millions starving, dying and all my sook is my next car is held up. I at times feel ashamed for even thinking it let alone feeling annoyed.
And really, rightfully so. :(

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in.....

Endo tele health appointment today to see if my numbers warrant a change in meds. I’m super tired all the time, so I’m thinking yes.....

Virginia jumped up in Covid cases.....we were staying steady at 600ish a day for a while. Now.....900ish. Not a good look.

My son should be driving through flat states today(Kansas, etc...).

:blowkiss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Virginia jumped up in Covid cases.....we were staying steady at 600ish a day for a while. Now.....900ish. Not a good look.
yeah about the same percentage increase here in KY over the past few days.
Went from around 300 to around 400.

Most states are seeing this. A sign of a broader spread instead of mainly being in hotspots.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Rhianne, most of use came from ECF LOL.
I'm coming from ECF, and ELR. :)

Late as hell to this thread, and being essential, haven't had a break since day one. Company had layoffs RIGHT before COVID-19 hit (PERFECTLY wrong timing), so the currently still employed are working hard picking up the slack. Times ARE indeed wacky as hell, so just like everyone else, waiting to see what happens next LOL.

Stay safe VU.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just heard its rising sharply here, our daily covid reports are more now than the first ones when it emerged months ago! Im not saying more in the second wave than the first as I personally never believed the first was ever over and that it was just held back by a flimsy attempt to do so. Now here in my state its kicking in I am sad to say. And stupidity in belief that its just a cold, stupidity in belief that its just a conspiracy and stupidity in the "if you get it you get it just like crossing a road and getting run over" idiotic mindset.
I am truly at a loss to comprehend todays generation.
Somebody please point me in the direction of the nearest cave!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok, so this is what was directly opposite the Nissan dealership where I went. It is a tourist goldmine where you can go hundreds of meters underground in the actual center of the town, very unique really. Have been in old gold mines and dont like em myself. But anyway here are some pics.
20200710_135920(1).jpg20200710_135837(1).jpg20200710_140029_HDR.jpg20200710_140344_HDR(3).jpg20200710_140229(1).jpg
The tram shown is a "talking tram" that travels along the Bendigo streets telling the goldfields history of the area. Which I might add was extremely rich.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

TGIF!

All is well on the San Diego home front... or as well as it can be.

We were the last county to be put on the watch list due to increasing Covid cases; that happened Monday and many of the just reopened business are again closed til the 1st week of August at minimum, with no guarantee re-reopening will happen then.

Wife is good, sis’ and family are good, I am good.

Missing sports, normally at baseball games this time of year... week day games were always ultra cheap to attend at Petco... $20 ticket and an empty’ish stadium, security never really cared if you moved about after the 3rd inning, most know by then if the ticket owner were to be there, they’d be there by then.

I even started watching NASCAR not knocking it... but you can only listen to Mile Joy and Jeff Gordon mention tires, side drafting and who’s pit strategy is going to win... “He only took two right side tires this pit, that’s telling me they’re doing a three pit 3rd stage run, this will be interesting to see how it plays out”

That and every time Mike Joy speaks I am thinking of Barrett Jackson auctions

Anyway... about to watch this

18dbad3ac6c09c81d784922652d82731.jpg

Hope it’s good...

Be rad everyone, be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Caff, I totally am with you. Hubby, bless his heart, since his injuries and all the crap they have him on, he is normally pretty zoned out now and lives in his own world. So, my point is that it is me and my animals since my daughter moved back to Phoenix. This forum and the amazing people I have met give me happiness where without, I wouldn't have a whole lot. I do game with some buddies but not as much as I used to. Look, I am normally up pretty late and anytime you just need some company, you holler out to me via pm okay? Please, I do mean that. I am almost always around. Love you Caff

EDIT: That also goes for any else of you folks on here okay?

Ty Deb, and much hugs!
Yeah, I guess I just wanted to vent a little, but still it's all true. Thanks. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ack, i missed some b-days...:oops:

17132_LlamaBirthday_grande.png

It's tempering out weather-wise here, basic summer. Dry and hot with some breezes.

Screenshot-from-2020-07-10-11-50-44.png

Super-great for creating huge fires though...a thing I wonder: how do you fight forest fires in the era of COVID?

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Our governor of Michigan just made it mandatory to wear masks in public, even outside if it's a gathering or crowd or face a monetary fine. Not sure how she thinks that's going to be enforced.
I would love to see more people wearing masks. It's less and less that wear them each day.

Healthy and well here otherwise.
Just spent the day cleaning out my paint workshop.
So much junk. I think I'm a borderline hoarder ?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

TGIF!

All is well on the San Diego home front... or as well as it can be.

We were the last county to be put on the watch list due to increasing Covid cases; that happened Monday and many of the just reopened business are again closed til the 1st week of August at minimum, with no guarantee re-reopening will happen then.

Wife is good, sis’ and family are good, I am good.

Missing sports, normally at baseball games this time of year... week day games were always ultra cheap to attend at Petco... $20 ticket and an empty’ish stadium, security never really cared if you moved about after the 3rd inning, most know by then if the ticket owner were to be there, they’d be there by then.

I even started watching NASCAR not knocking it... but you can only listen to Mile Joy and Jeff Gordon mention tires, side drafting and who’s pit strategy is going to win... “He only took two right side tires this pit, that’s telling me they’re doing a three pit 3rd stage run, this will be interesting to see how it plays out”

That and every time Mike Joy speaks I am thinking of Barrett Jackson auctions

Anyway... about to watch this

18dbad3ac6c09c81d784922652d82731.jpg

Hope it’s good...

Be rad everyone, be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd still watch the Nascar stuff...even if it wasn't the only sport on...lol

Got that movie too, the trailer looked good and I love those types of movies.
I got a new sequel to a Russian sci-fi movie from 2017 called "Attraction". It was pretty good stuff, so I hope the new one is good. But unfortunately I could only get the dang DUBBED version ATM...hate dubs...totally takes me out out of the experience IMO.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Golf is on :) A really high intensity sport. Even more so than my favorite Curling.

Oh yeah, forgot about that today, Thx! I had watched it yesterday, and damn if some of those guys don't look ready to just drop in the heat. ?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Golf is on :) A really high intensity sport. Even more so than my favorite Curling.

I like watching golf and my husband likes watching curling. We're a couple of party animals!

@CaFF I assume the herd was for me? If so, then thank you much! :stars2:

I had been really looking forward to July 1 this year so I'd have Medicare, and damn if United Healthcare didn't aggravate me good, first thing. They don't cover my flippin thyroid medicine! OR my IBS medicine! The thyroid stuff is $40 a month, so not too bad, but omg, the IBS stuff, for the GENERIC now, is like $443 a month!

My husband has that same coverage, and he's spent like $30 on prescriptions in the last two years. He doesn't have the lineup I do, though.

I guess my new doctor is now United Healthcare, since they have such a big say in what meds I can have.

I'm about to break down and turn the TV on to catch some news. Haven't watched it in days.

Hope you're all being careful and staying safe.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like watching golf and my husband likes watching curling. We're a couple of party animals!

I had been really looking forward to July 1 this year so I'd have Medicare, and damn if United Healthcare didn't aggravate me good, first thing. They don't cover my flippin thyroid medicine! OR my IBS medicine! The thyroid stuff is $40 a month, so not too bad, but omg, the IBS stuff, for the GENERIC now, is like $443 a month!

My husband has that same coverage, and he's spent like $30 on prescriptions in the last two years. He doesn't have the lineup I do, though.

I guess my new doctor is now United Healthcare, since they have such a big say in what meds I can have.

I'm about to break down and turn the TV on to catch some news. Haven't watched it in days.

Hope you're all being careful and staying safe.
Did you go medicare advantage? I went with a seperate part G and a D plan tailored pretty much to me. Wife got a more expensive D plan that covered her high cost meds much better. Her thyroid meds are cheap. her total med would be like 1,000/mo but are around 100

My max out of pocket annual exp is under $200 for medical stuff excluding presc.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hehe, yup, that one was yours. ;)

I'm being wyld 'n crazee and watching golf....until Nascar comes on. :giggle:

Hell, I even made some good 'ol SOS out of garlic sourdough bread, smoked ham, peppered turkey gravy, and some crumbled Cotija cheese. Washed down with Columbian Supremo iced coffee I made last night.

DIY FTW! ?

SBzOc1Ll.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you go medicare advantage? I went with a seperate part G and a D plan tailored pretty much to me. Wife got a more expensive D plan that covered her high cost meds much better. Her thyroid meds are cheap. her total med would be like 1,000/mo but are around 100

My max out of pocket annual exp is under $200 for medical stuff excluding presc.

No we have Medicare supplements, his is plan F, which is no longer available, and mine is plan G, plus we both have D for prescriptions. My out-of-pocket is supposed to be $198 deductible on Medicare plus whatever in prescription drug costs. Hubbs' drug costs had been so low, though, when I took out the same plan he had, I really didn't check into it very well. Had no idea that damn near everything I take that costs more than $10 wouldn't be covered. Guess that's how they make their money. Guess I know now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hehe, yup, that one was yours. ;)

I'm being wyld 'n crazee and watching golf....until Nascar comes on. :giggle:

Hell, I even made some good 'ol SOS out of garlic sourdough bread, smoked ham, peppered turkey gravy, and some crumbled Cotija cheese. Washed down with Columbian Supremo iced coffee I made last night.

DIY FTW! ?

SBzOc1Ll.jpg

We had SOS made with shredded beef and gravy for supper last night! It was hubbs' first attempt at it.

I'd never had it with a brown gravy before - we always made it with cream gravy at home. It was good, though! I just like gravy, damn near however it comes. :)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My daughter Jen has tested positive for Covid. BUT she says she really does not feel sick. Asymptomatic maybe? Either way she is quarantined for the next 2 weeks at her boyfriends place in Lake Havasu. I can think of worse places to be LOL. I told he to take her temp periodically and just be aware. :) She will be fine. She's young and generally healthy. She does have Fibro but I don't think that will affect anything. ( fingers crossed) Here we are still doing fine but I don't go out due to my crap immune system. But I am used to that mostly, so it's okay.

I got a new PC and a awesome new monitor to play with and I am still working on getting the feral kitty that has been hanging out in the back yard to trust me. He's doing pretty good letting me pet him now and he talks to me when he see's me coming. He will be an indoor kitty before long. He's SO dirty and dusty but seems to be quite sweet. Just very very shy still

IMG_20200703_183555789 (1).jpgIMG_20200703_183603348 (1).jpg

IMG_20200626_154336668.jpg
IMG_20200616_202645970.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No we have Medicare supplements, his is plan F, which is no longer available, and mine is plan G, plus we both have D for prescriptions. My out-of-pocket is supposed to be $198 deductible on Medicare plus whatever in prescription drug costs. Hubbs' drug costs had been so low, though, when I took out the same plan he had, I really didn't check into it very well. Had no idea that damn near everything I take that costs more than $10 wouldn't be covered. Guess that's how they make their money. Guess I know now.
Take time and research a better part D plan before sign up time

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My daughter Jen has tested positive for Covid. BUT she says she really does not feel sick. Asymptomatic maybe? Either way she is quarantined for the next 2 weeks at her boyfriends place in Lake Havasu. I can think of worse places to be LOL. I told he to take her temp periodically and just be aware. :) She will be fine. She's young and generally healthy. She does have Fibro but I don't think that will affect anything. ( fingers crossed) Here we are still doing fine but I don't go out due to my crap immune system. But I am used to that mostly, so it's okay.

I got a new PC and a awesome new monitor to play with and I am still working on getting the feral kitty that has been hanging out in the back yard to trust me. He's doing pretty good letting me pet him now and he talks to me when he see's me coming. He will be an indoor kitty before long. He's SO dirty and dusty but seems to be quite sweet. Just very very shy still

View attachment 164698View attachment 164699

View attachment 164701
View attachment 164700

Sorry to hear bout your daughter..hope she'll be ok. ?

Awesome about that cat though, nearly all of my cats have been rescues except for Milly who was adopted.

Bitchin' monitor and PC ya got there....liquid cooling too! Hmm, is that a Fractal case I see?

Almost resembles mine I built recently, but with better stuff. :D

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bitchin' monitor and PC ya got there....is that a Fractal case I see?

Almost resembles mine I built recently, but probably with better stuff. :D
It's a CLX I decide to give myself a break and order one already assembled. Ya, it's awesome 35mm curved monitor. Takes some getting used to but it's gonna be amazing foe gaming

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Take time and research a better part D plan before sign up time

Well, I just took a look at Medicare.gov, was going to check for plans that cover the two drugs I mentioned. Neither of those drugs is even in Medicare's database that's used to evaluate the different pharmacy plans, which says to me that NONE of those plans are going to cover them.

I will just have to change the meds I take. Have an appointment with a better PCP on the 21st, so I'll just talk to him about it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

View attachment 164698View attachment 164699

View attachment 164701
View attachment 164700

Deb I'm so sorry to hear this about your daughter. I hope she will not actually get sick. Please keep us updated, if you would. Will keep her in my thoughts.

A granddaughter of mine is thinking very seriously about coming to live with her dad in Tucson. I might put a bug in her ear that NOW might not be the best time to do that. Her location in NC is bad enough right now.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a CLX I decide to give myself a break and order one already assembled. Ya, it's awesome 35mm curved monitor. Takes some getting used to but it's gonna be amazing foe gaming

Right on! I don't game, but I do do a looottt of movie/tv/sports stuff.

This was before I cleaned up the wiring harness, but ya get the idea:

HVuiZDK.jpg

I'd re-used the good 'ol PSU, HSF, and vid card from my old PC.
But it's got a FX6300 cpu, Asus mobo, 32GB of ram and a Samsung Evo 120GB SSD with a 2TB HDD for storage. New Fractal Focus G case.

Not enough of a SSD size for WInblows, but is perfectly fine for Linux doing streams, surfing, photos, and vids. Cost me about $300. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors