Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Checking in - been awhile

We are still healthy here and taking full precautions against the virus

The minute they let up on a few of the quarantine rules, cases in Hawaii has started to grow from a few cases a week to 20 or more new ones daily. Sad - we were tied for least cases per capita in the whole country a month ago

[HASH=82]#SteveS45isabuttplug[/HASH]

Glad you’re doing well, Lucy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is about the virus. And how it impacts and how we deal with it.
One can discuss the virus without being political.
Well at least some of us can.

The virus is not political, it cares not about anyones political views it just infects anyone it can. Mostly those not bright enough to take precautions. Just science and facts no politics.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checking in - been awhile

We are still healthy here and taking full precautions against the virus

The minute they let up on a few of the quarantine rules, cases in Hawaii has started to grow from a few cases a week to 20 or more new ones daily. Sad - we were tied for least cases per capita in the whole country a month ago

[HASH=82]#SteveS45isabuttplug[/HASH]
Just finished making a big ol salad for several days.
Going to boils some eggs now.

I will likely continue taking full precautions for at least the rest of this year.
Have masks and gloves for close to another year.
My main purpose in this world is to survive and do the best I can to make sure that family and loved ones survive too.
Everything else beyond that is secondary, always has been. Well at least since I grew up ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was going to respond, but then I thought, why should I fucking explain myself to someone who just wants to stir up shit, anytime, anywhere? Answer: I shouldn't.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This thread is about the virus. And how it impacts and how we deal with it.
One can discuss the virus without being political.
Well at least some of us can.

The virus is not political, it cares not about anyones political views it just infects anyone it can. Mostly those not bright enough to take precautions. Just science and facts no politics.

I agree, Crom. I didn’t vent from politics. NY is pissing me off lately with juice bans et al.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was going to respond, but then I thought, why should I fucking explain myself to someone who just wants to stir up shit, anytime, anywhere? Answer: I shouldn't.

I don’t want to stir anything with anyone. These are very strange times. And it’s been hard for me with my dh not being home.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It’s been quite a while......I’ve been lurking, but not posting, but I finally have things happening that are worth getting excited about! Yay!

#1 My son is coming back to the east coast! CA is a nightmare right now, so he’s coming home. He said LA is particularly bad, so he said f*** it. Why keep paying rent if I can come home and live for cheap! I’m pretty excited to see him!

#2 I got an offer from a brewery to do pop up brunch every weekend. So my restaurant will live again, just under someone else’s banner. Also pretty damn excited about that!

Ok, that’s it. For some reason, I thought I had more. Haha! Other than that, we’re all good, healthy and sane. Hope y’all are, as well.....
:hearts:So happy for you!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
191 new cases here in our state and Melbourne and surrounds are going back into a 6 week lockdown as it seems they are not able to contain it. Hundreds of Police and Army personal will be controlling the borders of the state.
It wasn't hard to see this coming as there are just too many people who act like its not real. Thankfully where we are is a long way from Melbourne and we at present have no cases so are not in the lockdown.
Hope all you guys and gals are ok here.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry had not checked in here for a bit. That's SO awesome @Huckleberried I am so fortunate to have met you and I just adore you. Here's to another 6! :hug:

I wasn't gonna log in tonight, but had to to say ditto for the both of ya...love you gals. :)
I probably wouldn't still be here after all of these years without you two.

Yes Deb, I am using the fuck out of those flavors. ;)

NO, this is not a COVID thread. Or a thread about the politic of it. Plenty of forums for that.

I could post stats every fucking day about how fucked we are. My brother drives a city bus, and sis and dad work for Vitalant...look it up..they are front line everyday and have been for months. I don't see them anymore.

It's a community thread for people living WITH this weird time. Coping, and sharing.
I literally got nobody except a cat, and we're good and no disease will change that unless we die.
But, humans need other humans for sharing the little things like our emotions, feelings, and having general contact with other humans even if it is virtual...not fucking politics.

I need VU, not really for vaping, as I'm pretty good at that after 8 years. I need it for not being alone and friends. Some of you I've known since the ECF and NV days. That is something to hold on to.

If it's just me and Milly, so be it. But I'd rather not. I have an inate need to share with people...THAT is why I came back.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here, hava kitty...it took me weeks to get to that point with her where she'd snuggle or even allow closeness.
Now, months later, she dives under the covers with me on her own volition and purrrrrrrrrs her bloody head off.

We have grown together, we've both learned and adapted. It was hard, some days I didn't know if I could deal. But now, we are starting to be a real union. it takes much patience and work. Like any true relationship.

IMG_20191219_071512.jpg

I'd hope you humans can be as evolved and sensible as a cat, eh?

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As smigo said, metropolitan melbourne is back to stage 3

I emailed my state MP, and got a much quicker reply than I do about vaping:

Screenshot_20200707_212153_com.google.android.gm.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Lexington-Fayette Co. Health Dept. is reporting 62 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday morning.

That’s the highest one-day increase the city has seen so far. The new cases bring the county’s total to 1,775.

The county's population is around 323,000 and it largest urban area closest to me. About 1 hour drive.

And my state is doing better on covid cases than most states.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Lexington-Fayette Co. Health Dept. is reporting 62 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday morning.

That’s the highest one-day increase the city has seen so far. The new cases bring the county’s total to 1,775.

The county's population is around 323,000 and it largest urban area closest to me. About 1 hour drive.

And my state is doing better on covid cases than most states.

That's a lot for a rural county, but if the county's population is 323,000, then it isn't mostly rural, correct?.

We've had 16 new cases reported here in the last week, and that's high for this area. The county has had 63 cases altogether. I think the population is something in the neighborhood of 35,000.

Martinsville, VA has now taken the top spot in this region for virus spread, and the paper said a good bit of it stemmed from one person who went on vacation to Myrtle Beach. Smart move, dude. Bet your neighbors love you for THAT.

Aargh. Doesn't take much to get me wound up about this.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a lot for a rural county, but if the county's population is 323,000, then it isn't mostly rural, correct?.

We've had 16 new cases reported here in the last week, and that's high for this area. The county has had 63 cases altogether. I think the population is something in the neighborhood of 35,000.

Martinsville, VA has now taken the top spot in this region for virus spread, and the paper said a good bit of it stemmed from one person who went on vacation to Myrtle Beach. Smart move, dude. Bet your neighbors love you for THAT.

Aargh. Doesn't take much to get me wound up about this.
yeah been a lot of Myrtle Beach goers that brought it back here too.
And Florida vacays too I expect.
My county has around 100 cases total, not over 20 active I think. And maybe 10 deaths tops?
I still take full precautions though.

Yeah the ones doing stupid stuff and spreading the virus around I have no use for.
Too many will get it while taking precautions...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My cousin just posted this on FB, from the Texas Medical Association. Good info, I think.

Attachments

• Risk Assessment Chart V2_FINAL.pdf
    244.9 KB · Views: 3

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well... here is comes... the first mandate is back in place for Trumbull County ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to take wife to get some blood work done as a result of a telemed visit.
gonna glove her up and put an N95 mask on her then wipe exposed skin down with sanitizer after and put her in shower after we get home.

This will be her first outing since mid March due to her risk factors.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't insult you ass wipe until you decided to make an alibi for your LIES.
Umm I can see all your old posts now even in the closed threads....
Who is lying?

Asswipe? Surely an anal fixation going on there.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wasn't gonna log in tonight, but had to to say ditto for the both of ya...love you gals. :)

NO, this is not a COVID thread. Or a thread about the politic of it. Plenty of forums for that.

I could post stats every fucking day about how fucked we are. My brother drives a city bus, and sis and dad work for Vitalant...look it up..they are front line everyday and have been for months. I don't see them anymore.

It's a community thread for people living WITH this weird time. Coping, and sharing.
I literally got nobody except a cat, and we're good and no disease will change that unless we die.
But, humans need other humans for sharing the little things like our emotions, feelings, and having general contact with other humans even if it is virtual...not fucking politics.

I need VU, not really for vaping, as I'm pretty good at that after 8 years. I need it for not being alone and friends. Some of you I've known since the ECF and NV days. That is something to hold on to.

If it's just me and Milly, so be it. But I'd rather not. I have an inate need to share with people...THAT is why I came back.

Caff, I totally am with you. Hubby, bless his heart, since his injuries and all the crap they have him on, he is normally pretty zoned out now and lives in his own world. So, my point is that it is me and my animals since my daughter moved back to Phoenix. This forum and the amazing people I have met give me happiness where without, I wouldn't have a whole lot. I do game with some buddies but not as much as I used to. Look, I am normally up pretty late and anytime you just need some company, you holler out to me via pm okay? Please, I do mean that. I am almost always around. Love you Caff

EDIT: That also goes for any else of you folks on here okay?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
[HASH=201]#s[/HASH] are some funny shit...
thanks for making today worth waking up for.

See I post in a thread in my own forum for the first time in a while and POOF! I had to delete my own post. ROFL

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
See I post in a thread in my own forum for the first time in a while and POOF! I had to delete my own post. ROFL
Hahahah!!!! That’s some skills!
we should start calling you, “the conductor.”

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow! What have I woken up to just now!? Wheres the love gone? Dont feed the hate it only begets more and before you know it you regret your own words let alone hating the others.
Bit of good music to listen to.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate? I can count the people I hate on one hand I think. And none are on VU.
Now some people I have no time, respect or use for. They have intentionally earned that status.
Everyone deserves respect initially... Until they show they do not deserve it.
Respect is also earned not demanded.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was never a jerk in this thread but you have your nose so far up the Commies ass you can't see. Now go back to your normal bitchness.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back OT.
Finally got my yard mowed today. 90 deg and 90% humidity. The yard was rough, seem to stay too busy mowing others yards to take care of my own...

Taking wife to get her bloodwork tomorrow. Glad I got those N95 masks for her.
Also going to try and be the vampires first customer of the day, should be less germy things around that way.

will be the wife's first time leaving the house since mid March.

VU Sponsors