Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So we shopped and in our country town toilet paper and sanitiser hand wipes are, no pun intended, well maybe a little, wiped out. Shelves empty. My misses got one of the last packets of toilet paper. I was at home waiting for her to call me and meet her at the supermarket as she got some things herself. When I met her there the shelves were empty. Here we go again. :wait:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we shopped and in our country town toilet paper and sanitiser hand wipes are, no pun intended, well maybe a little, wiped out. Shelves empty. My misses got one of the last packets of toilet paper. I was at home waiting for her to call me and meet her at the supermarket as she got some things herself. When I met her there the shelves were empty. Here we go again. :wait:

Yep I am expecting a very high probability of the same thing happening over here again.
Why I am keeping my 3 month supply of essentials/food and just replacing consumed items.

I am very afraid that the US has not seen the worst of this virus thing yet.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Same old stuff here. Hot again, 101* today. Glad I can stay inside! Hubby is napping in his recliner, Jessie is snuggled up next to him. What a pair. They will both be energized at the same time so I might be in trouble, lol.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s the 3mg stuff!! The calculator told me I’d need @5 liters of 100mg nic to vape for the next 25-ish years. I’ve got about four, so being paranoid about bans etc, I figured I’d get a bit more.

The LB base I get is 500ml of 3 or 6mg VG/PG. it’s really convenient for me. I don’t have to do fractions to mix 50ml of juice and the 80/20 ratio is fine for me. And it’s cheap, @$10 for 500ml.

Ok, that makes sense now. I like to get my nic as high as I can, such as 250mg. I wish I could get it at 500mg, but I wouldn't go any higher than that.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yep I am expecting a very high probability of the same thing happening over here again.
Why I am keeping my 3 month supply of essentials/food and just replacing consumed items.

I am very afraid that the US has not seen the worst of this virus thing yet.
People seem to have just stopped caring about doing the right thing. I went into the chemist, your drug store, to get my misses meds. It is set up now so when you go in its one way, follow the arrows to the counter then follow the arrows to the girl at the till. If you want to get anything from the shelves you go one way also as they have set up barriers. Good idea. Would be if people bothered to follow it. As I walk in a lady comes straight towards me and brushes past, im following the arrows to the counter and another comes towards me against the arrows and does the same. Im standing waiting and another does it. So I purposely look down at the big yellow arrows then up at her and she just looks right at me and laughs. I see an older guy sitting on a seat in the shopping centre hacking away coughing as he looks about with not the slightest care both hands holding some shopping.
images (93).jpeg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People seem to have just stopped caring about doing the right thing. I went into the chemist, your drug store, to get my misses meds. It is set up now so when you go in its one way, follow the arrows to the counter then follow the arrows to the girl at the till. If you want to get anything from the shelves you go one way also as they have set up barriers. Good idea. Would be if people bothered to follow it. As I walk in a lady comes straight towards me and brushes past, im following the arrows to the counter and another comes towards me against the arrows and does the same. Im standing waiting and another does it. So I purposely look down at the big yellow arrows then up at her and she just looks right at me and laughs. I see an older guy sitting on a seat in the shopping centre hacking away coughing as he looks about with not the slightest care both hands holding some shopping.
View attachment 163756

if the virus only got those who deserved it thru their stupid behavior... I would have no issue with that at all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
REALLY, REALLY do your best to be safe out there.
here we go... mainly the result of irresponsible behavior..
I fear the US has lost this corona virus war due to irresponsible citizens actions.

Data map reveals the 23% of US counties that are currently seeing an uncontrollable growth in COVID-19 - as new model predicts Phoenix alone could see 28,000 new infections a DAY by July 18

look for the rest of the world to build a temporary 'wall' to keep US citizens out of their countries within a week?

one of the cruise lines had advertised they were taking bookings for August...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
REALLY, REALLY do your best to be safe out there.
here we go... mainly the result of irresponsible behavior..
I fear the US has lost this corona virus war due to irresponsible citizens actions.

Data map reveals the 23% of US counties that are currently seeing an uncontrollable growth in COVID-19 - as new model predicts Phoenix alone could see 28,000 new infections a DAY by July 18

look for the rest of the world to build a temporary 'wall' to keep US citizens out of their countries within a week?

one of the cruise lines had advertised they were taking bookings for August...

Other states here in Oz, ours is the worst with rising cases and irresponsible comunity transmissions, are labeling Victoria as "the embarrassing cousin" state and saying "Victorians you are not welcome or wanted here". To be honest I cannot blame them. :confused:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to graveside service for friend who died of Corona today...
Amazingly enough only about 1/2 had masks and no gloves. Well except for me.
Still have the sads....

Be careful out there do not want to lose any VU friends to the virus.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Friday check in. the wife and I are still safe and healthy as could be expected, SSDD here we are still only leaving the house to get supplies. People just aren't taking this virus very seriously, seeing so many do stupid things:rolleyes:. Second wave is eminent:(, please be safe, very careful, and stay healthy.;)

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

All is still well here. I'm so glad that I'm a homebody, I prefer staying home. Safer these days, right?
Hubby is still making lures, he's getting so good at it. Jessie had another bug in my bathtub yesterday. It's so funny to watch her bounce off of the walls, jumping, diving, and scrambling! And she yells, chitters, cackles. Lot of exercise, lol. Yes, she did catch and eat it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still safe and healthy here but honestly today has been a day I can't stop thinking of the loss of my Sister Karen to the Corona Virus. I know that is how grieving goes but it still sucks. Keeping the family Safe and Healthy and I pray all of you are doing your best to do the same.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Still safe and healthy here but honestly today has been a day I can't stop thinking of the loss of my Sister Karen to the Corona Virus. I know that is how grieving goes but it still sucks. Keeping the family Safe and Healthy and I pray all of you are doing your best to do the same.

Grief is a long twisty path. It takes a while to heal. I hope it gets easier for you, Steve. :hug::hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You get those days that stand out, probably always will, I do. I am the same now and then with memories of my father who died several yrs ago. Especially after I have been fishing. As a kid we went fishing every chance we got. When I get those days I focus on all the good stuff and great catches we made together.
Shows you cared.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still doing fine here. Just got in from morning shift of helping take care of a temporarily disabled sister.
Hopefully just a couple more weeks or so of this.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Healthy and happy.

Wife and I went for a bicycle ride together today. We were out for a little over an hour.

Trying to find a cheap, small, 2 person canoe or kayak for the two of us.
We are trying to be more active along with eating smarter and better. She's down 70lbs, I'm down 35lbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're good here...finally cooling off a bit.
WA has mandatory masks now and shit is falling apart...lotta new cases due to stupidity. Fuck 'em, I'm good with staying home..like I've done for decades. Asocial FTW.

Been active in some iRacing communities of late, hella fun peeps.
I get to chat with actual IRL racers and generally have mayem.
uHsrQZN.png
<< an emote DaleJr made.

Check food/cats threads...I posted stuff.

Watching NASCAR from Pocono now...
Screenshot from 2020-06-28 16-35-31.png
Kyle Busch is fuming after a wreck..just like his mashed car..hahaha..

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

All is still well here. Not much changes around here, guess we're just in our ruts. Except Jessie, she makes the ruts in our carpet. She was chasing a moth last night, up on the table and down, up on the counter and down, on the bar, bouncing off of the recliners and the walls. I really wish I had her energy! Yep, she ate it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning!

All is still well here. Not much changes around here, guess we're just in our ruts. Except Jessie, she makes the ruts in our carpet. She was chasing a moth last night, up on the table and down, up on the counter and down, on the bar, bouncing off of the recliners and the walls. I really wish I had her energy! Yep, she ate it.

I wish I could have one of our cats inside. It would be so nice. Neither of them are civilized enough to live indoors, though. They tear stuff up and act like a couple of barbarians, which is why they're outside to start with. I miss having my laid-back, senior-citizen cats indoors with me.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wish I could have one of our cats inside. It would be so nice. Neither of them are civilized enough to live indoors, though. They tear stuff up and act like a couple of barbarians, which is why they're outside to start with. I miss having my laid-back, senior-citizen cats indoors with me.
You could always get one of these for inside when you want something for company.
images - 2020-07-01T123424.194.jpeg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow, that's a scary looking critter! I believe I'd run!!!
Me too :giggle:

On a more serious note. We have 75 new cases in our state since yesterday. Suburbs in Melbourne back into lockdown. People in other states complaining about all the Victorians, our state, turning up in large numbers in their towns escaping Melbourne.
They are not supposed to be doing that but a large portion of the public just doesnt care. There are quite a few that have turned up where I live in caravans and campers staying on the outskirts of town in the bush to avoid detection. What hope is there really to control this when people do this!? None.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All any of us can do is stay the hell at home as much as possible, and use masks and gloves when we must go out.

It is .NOT time to relax.

it is not in any way time to relax precautions taken to minimize the spread of the virus.
In the US the virus is now in a runaway condition. There is no way to bring it under control. It will run it's course now.
Some areas are declining in infection rate for now but most are rising dramatically. And as it spreads more, more areas will see dramatic infection rate increases.

PLEASE use full safety precautions out there.

I stopped at a produce market today (indoor) and no one working there had masks on. I just turned around and left.
And used liberal hand sanitizer after removing gloves and masks and sealing in bag for disposal.

If a place is not practicing masks and gloves for workers or not social distancing, turn around and walk away.

I will probably not be eating in a restaurant for the rest of this year.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thought on the pandemic and control measures and their impacts on the people.

Will this cause a re evaluation of habits like eating out and overspending to increase perceived self esteem? With a residual effect long outlasting the pandemic?
Self esteem for many seems to be based on how much money you spend...

Being a tightwad I just do not fully understand :D

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Checking in after the update ...

The updates VU is so much cleaner and easier imo. Especially on mobile devices.

Hope everyone has a nice day yesterday and a better one tomorrow.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow, pretty swish!

Check in. Heard earlier that the Road Traffic Authority have reported a spike in people from the lockdown suburbs changing their address online. So when they get to the roadblock check points they show they live in a non lockdown area even though they haven't moved at all and then go wherever, whenever they like. With these community attitudes its going to get worse for sure. 77 new cases today for the state, all in Melbourne and surrounding areas so I was told.
Hope everyone here is ok.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

Again, same here at home. The state is going to start fining people here if they aren't wearing a mask.
Numbers are going up, people being stupid.
Fireworks are starting fires - really? As dry as it is, why not.
Sorry, I'm in a mood. So many try so hard to be safe, then stupid shows up.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Baby sis and her family arrived last night and met up with them at Little Italy downtown.

So great to see my nieces.

Will meet up with them again today and take them to the hidden (to visitors) access points to beaches in La Jolla and Del Mar.

Parking was closed to all beaches to try and lessen the amount of people gathering this weekend, the access points we know are in residential areas, so should be ok.

Not sure we will see them tomorrow though, with Orange/LA county people coming south (their beaches are closed) to beach go.

Probably take them inland to the lakes.

Safe and fun is the goal, plus I dislike crowds.

Other than that, we are doing well.

Be safe, be rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors