Become a Patron!

Daily Check-In Thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Still nothing happening here. Oh, I forgot to let you all know that our son made it home from his job in Saudi Arabia!!!!! I hope he doesn't go back, way too much unrest over there.

Hubby is napping, as is Jessie. She'll wake up all fired up, lol. Ok, off to start some laundry.

Stay safe and healthy :hug:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, going through some old pics trying to find something...found this and thought wow...

Just think...a year or so ago I was wearing a mask to grind up habanero/reaper/scorpion peppers and not to fight a damn virus.
Although, the chiles ARE pretty dang dangerous too if the powder gets airborne...muhaha! :eek::xD:

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably not very interesting, but I'm just so happy I got this TINY little Pixelflash card reader.

EHoNt4A.jpg

It's USB3, works perfectly in Linux, can be also used with my phone, and is barely larger than the cards themselves. No tempting long and dangly cords for kitty to mangle is also a plus.

Yeah, these days, every little good thing IS a good thing. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's about as hot inside as outside even with the AC on...so took a walk to rite aid. Their AC is better than mine and they have very cold things. ;-)
Pretty clouds...IIRC, those are high Cirrocumulus clouds behind the usual Cumulus.

O6Ttkp3.jpg

My new flip-up shades worked well, if a weee bit large. They fit and match the chunky glasses pretty good and I could see in the blinding sunlight, so I call $16 well spent.

d8t5qTg.jpg

Currently, it's 87F here, with several hrs until peak temp...already 5 degrees over the forecast high...ugh. About 80F ambient in the LR.
New PC is handling it all awesomely and near silent: System Temperatures: cpu: 36.0 C, mobo: 43.0 C, gpu: nvidia temp: 48 C
I think I may drill some holes for a fan in the side window though to pull more heat off the GPU.

I've been streaming 1080p video for hours at a time off Twitch for the Firecracker 400 put on by Landon Cassil and Parker Kligerman on iRacing.
It is awesome to see racers of every class competing together and IRL NASCAR guys too...DaleJr is racing tonight!

And the new computer is eating it for lunch. So happpy I built a 'new' computer for the LR. xD

Got stuff for me and kitteh treats for Milly of course...she was happy and a silly kitty.

63RmZx0.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning, all. We're just hanging in here, too. Grandsons are back for a couple of days while their dad takes midterm exams.

Twin grandkids have birthdays today. They are 12, fraternal twins, a girl and a boy, and we haven't seen them in months now as they live a couple hours to the south of us. I sent e-gift cards yesterday and wished them a Happy Birthday. So weird and unsettling.

Grandsons who are here with us are low-key this morning, in there playing on Xbox or watching TV or something. I made them chocolate milk and sweet rolls for breakfast, which they ate like little monsters. They'll surface in a half hour or so, ready for Lunchables. lol Boys either don't have time to eat at all, or they want to eat like big old lumberjacks, everything in the house!

Hubbs has turned the lights off in his cave back there, so I assume he is asleep. And I am here, hanging out with you!

Quiet Saturday morning, that's ok with me. Peace and quiet is surely ok with me!

Stay safe, friends!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here is Squeaky (RIP)
d3951911fb8cb867aa98aa178b729517.jpg

He was cool cat dog :teehee: . We would chase after each other around the home. First kitty I've had that would chase and be chased :cool: . While doing dishes, looking out a window or just standing somewhere, he would climb up my leg and lay down on my back and just chill out for a bit. He knew only to do that when I had jeans on :shades: . He had such a spirited personality.

This is Katana (RIP) and Emma
997c0ad263bc4030e4991f8791676033.jpg

She was totally opposite of Squeaky. She was a laid back kinda kitty. Squeaky would attack her at any given moment. But, neither was really lap kitties. Didn't have them until they were almost a year old, they lived outside at mom and step dads home. Mom and dad wanted them to have a good home, so they came here. Oh, they were brother and sister. Miss them !

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning VU!

Another gorgeous day here in SD... but it’s short lived... soon will be hot and muggy

743a476e642946c9d74647e4d1c1af5d.plist

Sister in law is in town so we’re going to our cousins house, have lunch relax before the wife heads to LA for Father’s Day.

All is good, family is good... closer to when the #1 niece and family come

Be rad be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still fine here. run pretty ragged though. sister is laid up with torn ligaments in knee. So another one for me to help take care of...
Still all clear on the virus front.
Plenty of virus supplies. 150 masks and 500 gloves.

Only about 25/30% at groc wearing masks and almost no one wearing gloves though...
This thing is going to drag on a long time.

Wal mart had Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer today though.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Going to be 105* today, way too much for me. Hubby did a fast run to Wally's earlier, said it was pretty slow there. Now he's in his shop, working on lures before the heat chases him in. Jessie found a lure that he brought in for me to see. We had to double team to distract her to get it away from her. Not good for kitties! She did find a fly in my bathroom! Trapped it in my shower, all that thumping and claw scrapping, wow. I don't know if she got it or not, I haven't seen it though! Wish I'd had a camera in there.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Healthy and happy.

It's been just over a week now with my new used work truck and no real issues other than the quarter inch hole in the side of my gas tank I had to repair....

so today I put my other work truck up for sale. It's leaking transmission fluid pretty bad. Ive put enough money into it tho. Im over it.

Pretty sure it's a fairly simple fix. Im pretty sure the transmission leak is from a send or return line in the trans cooler.

Bye bye old Clifford....
e28a4812dd38287c4510ce799af5cf46.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Healthy and happy.

It's been just over a week now with my new used work truck and no real issues other than the quarter inch hole in the side of my gas tank I had to repair....

so today I put my other work truck up for sale. It's leaking transmission fluid pretty bad. Ive put enough money into it tho. Im over it.

Pretty sure it's a fairly simple fix. Im pretty sure the transmission leak is from a send or return line in the trans cooler.

Bye bye old Clifford....
e28a4812dd38287c4510ce799af5cf46.jpg

And after 4 hours by the side of the road, my truck just sold!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Bit of a mixed day weather where I am. Looked like rain, then sunny, then dark and stormy. Went fishing, no wind, got there and wind got up. Got home no wind. Ah well.
Our Covid numbers are on the rise and the govt is considering locking down the hot spot areas rather than the whole state. People took the protests as Covid is Over and have been ignoring the distancing and now its kicking back in like expected. And now im seeing a repeat of people with caravans heading to our rural bush areas to escape the threat of it all exactly like they did last time. When I went fishing it was 4wd with a van in tow one after the other almost all coming our way from south just like the last time. Seeing that on a Monday here is not normal and its happened immediately after the warning level was raised again and threats of lockdowns issued over the weekend.
To be honest the way iv seen the public acting in recent weeks its no surprise Covid is rebooting here. :(
Generation dumb.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning!

I hope you all had a good weekend. It was pretty quiet here. My hubby was on the phone for about 4 hours yesterday, all the kids calling for Father's Day. That was probably a record for him, he is not one for a lot of phone time. Jessie took a lot of naps, lol. She did find a bitty spider and it lasted about 8 seconds. Fine with me, I don't like any crawlies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still virus safe with me and mine.
KY goes from 33% to 50% restaurant capacity.
KY is kind of at a level with daily new cases of the virus. Perhaps a slight decline, however with 200-300 new cases daily the first surge is NOT over yet. I think KY's population is around 2.5 million.

I still have no intentions of eating out for quite a while though.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Still virus safe with me and mine.
KY goes from 33% to 50% restaurant capacity.
KY is kind of at a level with daily new cases of the virus. Perhaps a slight decline, however with 200-300 new cases daily the first surge is NOT over yet. I think KY's population is around 2.5 million.

I still have no intentions of eating out for quite a while though.
I have no intentions of eating out or take away ever again.
Saw on our news here a football team at practice. Now how idiotic is this with Covid in our world now. He a one stage whilst standing with other players all around close by puts a knuckle to one nostril then blows a huge snot spray out the other and you can clearly see a huge mist of it all waft off. Later you see him spit a couple of times, wipe his nose with his hand and contact tackle others and passing on the ball. For your nose to be that full of crap and I mean full and wiping your nose now and then you have clearly got something. He did, he tested positive for covid and now the teams season is in doubt. You'd really think now that the old sports field habits of spitting and hand blowing your nose would have been the first thing players would be told now not to do.
I have never considered myself overly intelligent, sometimes kick myself as an idiot, well quite often that one really, but these days I'm feeling smarter almost every day! All I need to do to get that daily fix is drive down the street and back and watch the news. ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Saw on our news here a football team at practice. Now how idiotic is this with Covid in our world now. He a one stage whilst standing with other players all around close by puts a knuckle to one nostril then blows a huge snot spray out the other and you can clearly see a huge mist of it all waft off. Later you see him spit a couple of times, wipe his nose with his hand and contact tackle others and passing on the ball. For your nose to be that full of crap and I mean full and wiping your nose now and then you have clearly got something. He did, he tested positive for covid and now the teams season is in doubt. You'd really think now that the old sports field habits of spitting and hand blowing your nose would have been the first thing players would be told now not to do.
I have never considered myself overly intelligent, sometimes kick myself as an idiot, well quite often that one really, but these days I'm feeling smarter almost every day! All I need to do to get that daily fix is drive down the street and back and watch the news. ;)

I had never seen anyone do that revolting nose thing until we lived in Savannah back in the late 90s. Was driving through our neighborhood, was a late-middle-aged couple out walking together when suddenly the man turns his head away from the woman (and toward us), covered one side of his nose, and blew. Holy moly, my kids and I, we couldn't believe our own eyes. I'm telling you, if I ever had seen a kid of mine doing that, they'd have been picking themselves up out of the floor, next thing they knew.

That is still right up there with some of the crudest things I've ever seen anyone do in real life.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I had never seen anyone do that revolting nose thing until we lived in Savannah back in the late 90s. Was driving through our neighborhood, was a late-middle-aged couple out walking together when suddenly the man turns his head away from the woman (and toward us), covered one side of his nose, and blew. Holy moly, my kids and I, we couldn't believe our own eyes. I'm telling you, if I ever had seen a kid of mine doing that, they'd have been picking themselves up out of the floor, next thing they knew.

That is still right up there with some of the crudest things I've ever seen anyone do in real life.
Hi. Its common practice with our AFL teams to see them do the snot thing and spit all the time. Have seen them do it for as long as I can recall. It should be stopped and should have been a long time ago.

Learn to live the new normal.
Yeah I think you are right. Oh look out! Here it comes!
images (88).jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Had an uncle named Harmon that always did that when I was a kid, and we would imitate it whenever adults weren't looking

We calling it Uncle Harmon style LMAO - Kids are easily impressed :facepalm:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

You’ve put me off football for years with that story!! Hand blowing your nose, yuch.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I thought it was just my semi sheltered background that I’d never heard of that! It’s so gross. What the hell is up with people?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For crying out loud. Now with the covid spike people are panic buying again. Drove past our supermarkets and you'd be battling to get a car park. Hearing of a rush on toilet paper again. :facepalm:
Ground hog day.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Had an uncle named Harmon that always did that when I was a kid, and we would imitate it whenever adults weren't looking

We calling it Uncle Harmon style LMAO - Kids are easily impressed :facepalm:
How is the tropical garden going?
been out weeding mine.. and think of you
i bet ya don't even have weeds in the tropics lol lol lol

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going absolutely bonkers here trying to get things done. It's amazing how difficult everything has become because of Covid. Dubai has fully opened but Abu Dhabi hasn't. Everything seems to be three times more difficult. As residents, leaving is full of bureaucracy that at any normal time is difficult, but it's so much more so now. So many things to do and it's all at snail speed. I'm so frustrated that last night I couldn't sleep at all.

Just realized yesterday that my oldest son's passport expired last month. He's 15 so that means we must go to the Embassy. Of course, they're only working one day a week. I spoke with them yesterday and we have to get an emergency passport. We have to send them a copy of his passport and plane ticket home. Of course, getting tickets out of here has been very difficult. I have a colleague who went home to Pittsburgh in December and has been unable to enter here since. A good local friend went to visit his brother in Houston in December and he's been unable to return, and he's a citizen. I've been trying to book the flights for the end of July and it's been going in circles. No ticket, no passport.

It seems like everything is going to shit. I can't remember one good thing happening to us for quite some time. It's as if the universe has just decided to fuck with this planet for some unknown malevolent reason.

Well, at least it's dry here. I'm in my office without the A/C on. I'm amazed at how I'm able to deal with the heat.

Al Ain Temp.jpg

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sitting here going batty for not being able to do much of anything else.

Our current living condition are so that me and wife are living as a whole house in a 10X12 bedroom. She works evening to night shifts and so sleeps of a mornings. There's little for me to engage in and do. I can watch tell lie vision, play computer games, go out and do weed eating while here. Well I am still treating and fussing over a gout flair up. Another day, two at most and I should be back to par. So no weed eating currently.

Tell Lie Vision is out too because if I have it loud enough for my half deaf to hear it'll wake her. Computer games bore me. I have a few books I could read but damn it i want to stay awake, want to at least somewhat engage in something. But there's nothing really to do. I could possibly write but it also has limiting engagement potential for me. I can write stuff but not care about it and well, that isn't what the aim is for selling published work. You want readers. If you the writer doesn't care, readers will not either, so, no sale.

Need to find a place for our home, a real home. Then, i'll have plenty to do and can shut her up in a bedroom, go and do. :) Hm, maybe another coffee and look at ... erm, ... I dunno.

And yes, i took a short walk outside this morning already. I probably ought not to have as it's got me stirred to do all the more. But I was at least "exercising/meditating".

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi @Rhianne

Sorry for tags. But is 2 of these a day too much? Currently take 1, and my February (height of summer) are right on the border of being low.

I'm wondering if 2 per day could help me with some of these body aches I'm having?

But, I don't want to do a GP appointment just for a vit D level test.

IMG_20200624_071144.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi @Rhianne

Sorry for tags. But is 2 of these a day too much? Currently take 1, and my February (height of summer) are right on the border of being low.

I'm wondering if 2 per day could help me with some of these body aches I'm having?

View attachment 163622

It's my understanding you can take up to 20,000 IU per day

I started taking 5000 during the pandemic, even when I get sun

It's what I took in Alaska during long periods of not getting any sun

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sitting here going batty for not being able to do much of anything else.

Our current living condition are so that me and wife are living as a whole house in a 10X12 bedroom. She works evening to night shifts and so sleeps of a mornings. There's little for me to engage in and do. I can watch tell lie vision, play computer games, go out and do weed eating while here. Well I am still treating and fussing over a gout flair up. Another day, two at most and I should be back to par. So no weed eating currently.

Tell Lie Vision is out too because if I have it loud enough for my half deaf to hear it'll wake her. Computer games bore me. I have a few books I could read but damn it i want to stay awake, want to at least somewhat engage in something. But there's nothing really to do. I could possibly write but it also has limiting engagement potential for me. I can write stuff but not care about it and well, that isn't what the aim is for selling published work. You want readers. If you the writer doesn't care, readers will not either, so, no sale.

Need to find a place for our home, a real home. Then, i'll have plenty to do and can shut her up in a bedroom, go and do. :) Hm, maybe another coffee and look at ... erm, ... I dunno.

And yes, i took a short walk outside this morning already. I probably ought not to have as it's got me stirred to do all the more. But I was at least "exercising/meditating".
I know that writing feeling. Years ago I wrote for an outdoors magazine, factual stuff, some story telling, bit of humour at times, including photos. Did so for a number of years, 12ish. Used to love it. Then one day everything in me kind of switched off. Twice was asked to return to it by the editor but I can't, I'm just done.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know that writing feeling. Years ago I wrote for an outdoors magazine, factual stuff, some story telling, bit of humour at times, including photos. Did so for a number of years, 12ish. Used to love it. Then one day everything in me kind of switched off. Twice was asked to return to it by the editor but I can't, I'm just done.

I started with poetry and have been trying to do novel length. Once got a 90,000 word horror drafted. It needed serious revision but I didn't get to it. We were yet again in a move. The storage media I had the draft on got lost and when found it was not readable as in physically damaged so the computer could not pull it up.

Been trying even for short stories after that. And it's not so much that the horror tale was "all that", I am just facing a lot of "well crap, i don't care". I know a good bit is likely from some mental health unrelated to writing, yet still a mind for a writer, eh? Hopefully, once we settle to "our" place and there's no more damn moving I'll get not inspired but well back to habit.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi @Rhianne

View attachment 163622

I take 2,000 mg daily and 50, 000 mg weekly. That means 52,000 mg one day a week and 2,000 every other day. I need it because my bones are weak, or so I'm told as is effected by the congenital stuff I deal with.

Plus vitamin D fortified milk I drink pretty regular.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I take 2,000 mg daily and 50, 000 mg weekly. That means 52,000 mg one day a week and 2,000 every other day. I need it because my bones are weak, or so I'm told as is effected by the congenital stuff I deal with.

Plus vitamin D fortified milk I drink pretty regular.
thank you

i actually checked at the pharmacy too, since i was for something else. She said i can safely take much more, and boosting it up is good

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well first covid strikes in extended family.
One of the wifes first cousins is in hosp with covid. has poor health and bad diabetes.... Probably will not make it. Also pushing 70 I think.
Also an ex BIL from wifes first marriage has covid and already had endocardi stuff. Heart infections thing from drug use.

Close in family still ok.

For those who think this thing is winding down guess again.
First wave has not even peaked for the US.

Cromwell is NOT opening back up.

VU Sponsors